Melina Kanakaredes Leaves CSI: NY

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Maybe you can be a member of the wedding party down at city hall!!! :lol:

I heard she did not want to move to California. And when they replaced her with Lindsey they must have known by then and she must have agreed to that final episode.
    Thanks for the info:thumbsup: And yes there is one on facebook.:)
    www.facebook.com sign up and search for (in the search box)Melina Kanakaredes

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Could you send me the link, please?

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thank you! :D

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Are you a member of facebook? If so go to that website and type in Melina Kanakaredes in the search bar it will take you to the facebook page someone has created. You have to be a member of face book it is free to join:)
    www.facebook.com

5. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Thank you. Would ask you via PM but I can't, so would that be the page about not watching CSI NY without MK? Because that's the only one I found apart from fanpages.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yes that is the one I found and I just found this petition! http://twitition.com/mcjqe

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am surprised that Melina is leaving. Rather unexpected.
    I really liked Stella, although some of her storylines were pretty poor, Melina managed to make something of them. I loved her friendship with Mac, and her interactions with the rest of the team.
    Its a shame that she is not getting a proper exit story, its a bit of a sad end to such a popular character. I wonder how they will put it in. No doubt the premiere will be set a few months after the Shane Casey stuff, and they will mention something in retrospect. Very sad.
    I wish Melina all the best.

8. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

How about a job offer at Washington DC or any other city. Just don't kill her. It's so cliche for this show.

10. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

It would be. But why would Stella leave NY? I don't see how they can make a move fit the character. Any kind of move. I bet she could have had other jobs before, she seems to be a pretty good CSI. Yet she stayed with the team... After all, the only family she's ever known is in NY. You don't leave that behind just because, not when you're as attached to the city and have as close a friend in Mac as she has. And she's pretty close to Don, too. I'd say Stella has big roots in NY and very small wings which would barely be able to carry her elsewhere.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Geeno--> your siggy

Balletmaus--> your avvie

ARE AWESOME! :D

she doesn't need tgo be so far away. Yes, she can go to Greece on holidays but she had pending vacation to Argentina I guess :D
    However i don't think that's the case either.
    Maybe Italy??

She knows about her mother but she knows nothing on her father except he is Italian. Considering NYC has the biggest Italian colony outside Italy itself, If melina agrees with coming back at least for an episode, her search could lead her to NYC again

On the other hand, something easier would be if a new lab is being created..let's say New Jersey? and a Supervisor is required (temporarily). She doesn't need to leave her home at NYC. It would allow her to be in the same city but at the same time doing her job somwhere else.
    Since i don't know either NYC nor New Jersey i am just betting ;) Also i don't know regulations on new labs

12. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Thank you. I did that for a friends' birthday present... which she got the Friday before the shocking news... Talk about timing :p

Wouldn't she have gone before though if she wanted to search for her father? Why at this point? It's what I mean when I say, any kind of temporary leave that has to do with her family would have to be set up because it hadn't been in season 6 at all. Her biological family was completely forgotten.
    Besides, just because he was Italian doesn't mean he has to live in Italy. She'd need a clue to go look for him. (not that the writers would actually care...)

I like the Jersey option, I can live with that (especially if they leave out any love interests for Mac) ;)

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

No, i don't think it's late. Because she faced a sort of crisis during S6 so if she decided to go after her dad it would make sense. But as you say, maybe it is necessary a previous reminder (unfortunately).
    That story would have been very rich and even fun to watch and to write i imagine

In any case i could live with Stella being in the same city if there are traces on Mac he misses her.
    What would be the point if she doesn't work with Mac anymore after SO MANY YEARS and suddenly he is totally normal?????

I imagine Sid and Sheldon talking or even Lindsay asking him about Stella and noticing how serious he is again. THAT would be a real trace. He shouldn't look normal. He had lost his best friend, his right hand, the woman who has been there for him in every single moment since he lost Claire. I don't think he would be normal, do you? ;)

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Unless Stella dies or moves far away, I don't see why Mac wouldn't continue to behave normally, for the most part anyway. Not working with your best friend anymore might suck, but it's hardly the end of the world -- especially if she's his best friend, it stands to reason they'd remain close because they'd hang out after work and stuff (although we might not get to see that, unless Melina makes guest appearances, because usually the shows focus on what happens on the job. Hopefully.).

If they have Stella making a career change -- maybe deciding to lecture at one of the NY universities, real or fictional, like she did in "Prey"; or moving to work at the New Jersey Crime Lab or something -- that would be a non-tragic way of writing her out that leaves room for a return, and that wouldn't require Mac to lose the progress he's made in the last six years.

15. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Maya316, that would be a near-perfect way to close out Stella as a character rather than her die like what happened to Aiden and Jess. It really infuriates me to almost no end how this show takes very strong-willed female characters only to kill them. It was very hard to stomach Aiden's death. It was terrible when Angell was killed off. Stella being killed off would devastate me even though I'm fully aware she's only a fictional character.

Stella working at the New Jersey Lab would work great to move her out of the show in an orderly fashion while leaving the door open to her return while giving the new character a better chance to join in a near-seamless fashion.

It might even keep SMacked shippers alive without offending those who hate romance on the show while simultaneously keeping it's fans happy.