Locker Room #19: Danny/Carmine--Everyone's Favorite Danny-in-Distress

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
As Thread #18 has hit 1000 posts, here's the new one! Talk about all things Danny/Carmine here....

To get things started--what are you hoping to see in the finale when Shane Casey goes after Danny? Keep the speculation as spoiler-free as possible until after the episode has aired... not that we know much more than what the preview for the episode shows!

And if anyone has a better title suggestion, feel free to throw it out. I just went with what came to mind right away, given the finale (and Danny's penchant for getting himself into dangerous situations).

And please post pics! :)

Re: Locker Room #19: Danny/Carmine--Everyone's Favorite Danny-in-Distr

Source: ENews

Megan Fox, you are so crafty. Isn't that why we heart you?

See, it seems the Transformers 3 "quitting" isn't the only thing Fox might be spinning right now.

We checked in with one of our M.F. sources about the latest with her and on-again, off-again stud Brian Austin Green. The twosome looked cuddly as ever making out over some fro-yo to celebrate her 24th birthday last week.

And it seems another celebration may be in order for the longtime couple:

She purchased a new five-bedroom home in L.A.'s Los Feliz neighborhood, so we wondered if that meant BAG got the invite to move in. After all, Meg had been crashing with him forever, so it only seems fair right?

"[Brian] moved in and has been living in her new house for a while," confirms our source.

So what about marriage, already? After all, they've been together forever, by Hollywood standards, even pre-Megan fame, and most importantly, Megan loves Brian's kid, Cassius, like he's her own son.

"Yes, Megan and Brian will get married," dishes a source close to the couple. The insider believes the nuptials are bound to happen soon.

So, when, exactly?

Here's where the fun stuff comes in:

Vanessa Marcil, Brian's ex and baby mama, is engaged to her own on-off honey, Carmine Giovinazzo, from CSI:NY. After recently getting back together, Carmine and Vanessa, we're assured, decided they were ready to put some rings on it—although, they keep pushing the date back.

Now remember, Vanessa and Brian aren't exactly the friendliest of exes, and Brian's current and former babes ain't exactly besties, either.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Megan and Brian announced an engagement to overshadow Vanessa's wedding," gossips our source. "Either right before or right after—I could totally see that happening. It would drive Vanessa crazy."

Meow babes, love it or love it?

Either way, we are happy Megan and Brian are back together. Think about it, they're perfect. Fox had some of her single crazy fun (maybe or maybe not with Robert Pattinson), but it was time to go back to her main man. B and M have been through a lot, and most importantly, her favorite role right now is playing mom.

So, Vanessa and Carmine, get on with it will ya? We're ready to see what kinda ring Miss Fox will be sporting.

Alright truthfully, if that's the actress that I'm thinking of I'd say that Carmine deserves better. Vanessa Marcil as in the one who was married to Corey Feldman years ago ... she just looks so plastic.

But who Carmine marries is up to him ... I'm just in my fangirl mode :lol:

Hey every1!

A new one here... I'm s'pose to be doing some university work but I got bored with it.... About Carmine "marriage" with Vanessa... Was she suppose to be with Ben Younger ? And engage with him ?

Danny is my favorite character in the show.I hope he returns safe next season because after the final scene with Casey I'm kind of worried.By the way his acting in the finale was great!!!!
I hope next season we'll see the funny Danny that existed back in the first seasons.

Reta Lee, MSN, 31/05/2010

Under the microscope: Carmine Giovinazzo​

When we were first offered to interview Carmine, who plays CSI investigator Danny Messar in CSI: New York, we jumped at the opportunity and brushed up our investigative skills.

Courtesy of AXN

CSI: NY ended last season under a rain of explosive gunfire. A faceless gunman targeted the CSIs in their weakest moment: a memorial for the passing of Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier), brutally slain on the job by mercenaries. What more lies in store for the tragedy-struck team on CSI: NY, back on AXN for a 6th season?

As the dust settles in the opening of Season 6, key team member Danny Messer has been hit. Injured in his spine, Danny is suddenly faced with paralysis waist down. He is confined to a wheelchair and is faced with only 10% chance of recovery. Will his disability be too much for his new family - new-born baby Lucy and wife Lindsay Monroe (Anna Belknap)?

Fret no more as we got Carmine Giovinazzo, who plays CSI investigator Danny Messar on the show, to dish about his character development, playing sports and getting free flowers.

CSI: NY Season 6 is on AXN (ASTRO 701), every Monday at 10pm

Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/msnbuzz) to get the latest celebrity gossip and exclusive interviewswith your favourite local and Hollywood celebrities.

Congrats on Season 6. We found out that your character is wheelchair-bound. So was that emotionally and physically challenging for you?

Yeah, there was a lot of work in the beginning to try and work out the wheelchair and knowing how to be in a wheelchair. The first four, five episodes were kinda intense, physically, especially the part where you have to find out who did it and whose fault it was. I had to work my way into physical therapy and trying to stay healthy - all that was pretty intense but it was great.

How did you prepare for your role?

I mean, I just work with the wheelchair literally like two weeks or so prior till we started shooting. I got myself a little grinnier and dirtier like I was out of it for a while and haven't been able to do the normal things I could do.

Did you try going out of the house in the wheelchair?

I just kept it in my house and everyday I'm in it - it's too complicated to take it out anywhere else - we didn't go that far. The neighbours kept sending me flowers: 'We're sorry for your accident' [laughs]

How similar are you to your character?

We're similar in ways like we both are from New York and I guess I have similar personality to him in terms of intensity and rebellious. But I definitely don't have much of a connection to him as far as understanding, being a scientist and being involved with that kind of perspective of being a detective.

We heard that your family members happen to be police officers too. Did you draw their experience for your show?

Yes, my father was a police officer and so were some family members in New York. So I kinda grew up around them. They don't specifically tell me anything but I kinda just use what I've known all these years and apply to the show.

Having been through six seasons, are you happy with your character's development?

I think if it's anything, I've gotten a whole lot of left and right turns, ups and downs, different relationships with different characters and different dynamics like having a wife and a baby. I couldn't ask for so much more [for my own personal character development]as they've been doing a lot of that in the beginning.

We actually love how your character Danny starts a new life with Anna Belknap's character. Did you play witness to her actual pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness and how did you deal with it off-screen and on-screen?

Well, when the baby's on set, it makes it a little easier because you know you kinda get into that mindset and feelings when the baby's there. The episodes are shot are so quickly one after the other that once we get the new script, we get that much time to decide what we were gonna do. It's always a surprise; we don't know where exactly the direction they're gonna take or how long they're going to talk about the relationship.

Were you very hands on with Anna's baby? Did that trigger your fatherly instincts?
Yeah, definitely. The last four, five episodes when the baby's involved, that did bring out something in me that's different.

Do you see yourself settling down with your own family anytime soon?

I hope so! You know, maybe in a couple of years, yeah.

Would you prefer a few kids or a football team of your own?

[Laughs] I think one or two will be good. I think I would want to have boys. If I have a daughter, I wouldn't want her to leave the house!

We understand you play music as well. How's that coming along since you're so busy with acting?

Last year till now, I managed to get involve with my music during my days off and it's kinda coming in and out in spurts. Right now, I have to say, it has really been about the acting.

But I'm also taking a break and starting to play music now. I'm always writing and try and see if I can get that going. Now's time to try and do that but before I know it, the break's over and I'm back to work, so it's all about the timing.

Do you do your own stunts on the show?

Although I have discussions with the stuntman, I really do my own stunts at the end because I've always been an athlete all my life and I'd be playing hockey or baseball.

You sound like a really laidback New York kinda guy. What's it like to hang out with you in a day?

Erm, I try to get healthy a little bit. I've got a lot of ailments; I've got a bad back, bruises and stuff. To be honest with you, I'm just involved with golf. So my day is pretty much watching films, write a bit, play golf - it's just pretty mellow.

What kind of films are you watching right now?

I saw a few documentaries the other day - lots of them actually. I'm kinda into history too. I watched a documentary on World War 2 and corruption - that kind of fun and optimistic stuff [laughs]. I would also watch a couple of TV series on box set. Yeah, but we do watch comedies; I should try to watch more of that too. We recently saw 'Date Night' and it was really good but I didn't really love it.

So who did you bring to watch 'Date Night'?

I brought a date.

Do we know her?

I don't think so! [laughs]

Could you describe yourself in five words.

Competitive, sporty, dirty, hungry and funny.

How about your character?

Smart, growing, tired, tired and tired!

You're pretty funny. Would you have any CSI pick-up lines for us?

No, I don't. I don't usually tell people that I'm on the show.

But what if someone recognises you on the street?

I tell them it's the wrong guy! I tell them that I'm an amateur golfer [laughs].

So are you jaded by Hollywood yet?

Well, I'm annoyed by it. I don't get too much of the paparazzi crap. I'm always incognito and I don't get too bothered by it.

Are you based in New York or LA and which do you prefer?

I'm based in both, actually. I've been majority in LA for the last ten years and I kinda prefer to get back to New York right now. But they're both amazing and completely different.

Let's say if we were to go on a date with you in New York, where would you take us?

I'd take you to a really good pizzeria at Staten Island [laughs]. The best slice of pizza you'll ever have!

source: http://entertainment.malaysia.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4120836

Thanks Perlnoir

966703.gif
966703.gif
966703.gif
966703.gif

Great pics Perlnoir - Thanks. Where are they from?

Hum! I still can't believe they tied the knot... They both seems to be NOT wearing any rings of any kind! Still, what became Ben Younger ?

Back