Episode 8x24 - "All Fall Down" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 22, 2010.

1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

My only comment regarding this finale is: It would have been more powerful without the last 60 seconds. Eric trying to revive Walter, with the camera panning all the unconscious lab people, fade to black; Very effective. Adding 60 seconds of sappiness; Adversarial.

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Reading through this thread, it seems like Miami fans will just never be happy with anything they give us, but whatever.

I haven't commented on it yet because my internet was down, but I have to say I loved it. I mean compare it to the first half of this season...

I don't really have much to say other than that... I thought that Eric and Ryan running to the pool and jumping the fence simultaneously was awesome. :lol: I'm glad there was a lot of team interaction, lots of Natalia, plenty of Ryan, etc. Eric saying he was gonna be back full time made me happy (I bet a lot of people aren't though...). They seemed to make it too obvious who the killer was, I mean when that guy was refusing their protection and everything... but other than that, awesome. :)

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

No need to feel dumb. I didn't mean to imply ownership. My only hope is that they return the original Haratio next season. I've missed him.:)

4. csipurple09

csipurple09 Victim

That was the BEST CSI Miami ever, IMO. Since the 20th episode, CSI Maimi has been doing great. I love how each character was incorporated. I dnt care for either jesse or walter, which made me happy b/c there wasnt a lot of them throughout the episode. As far as tbtp killing off any major character, tht would be suicide on their part. Many ppl have become invested for their time on the show to end in death. Who knows? 4 months is a long time.

5. alexa

alexa Witness

the episode as season finale was poorly...but as regular episode was great.
    to me what bothered me more was not E & C (which for me ..they are dead and gone) but the child singing.
    nobody thought it was creepy too? she was cute really cute but the song was so scary! "....the all fall down!!!!!!!" creepy creepy CREEPY!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I respectfully beg to differ. For myself and the legions of Eric & Calleigh fans, the last 60 seconds of "All Fall Down" that you refer to as "sappy" were actually poignant, and dare I say, (GASP!) romantic. :luvlove: (Somebody call S.W.A.T. ... I actually used the "R"-word!:guffaw:) But then again, these things tend to be a matter of personal taste. You know what they say, "One man's meat is another man's poison.":lol:

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Just seeing everyone laid out in the lab was poignant to me.That bought home (to me anyway) that everyone was in fact in danger.The "falling" of everyone was just so dramatic.

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^^^Agree with you a 100%. I enjoyed the episode, but I LOVED the last 60 seconds :adore:! To each his/her own ;)!

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

yeah.. If they had ended it with that I think it would have been more dramatic, of course this is just my opinion.
    :bolian: Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They could have still had the scene in the finale, but not made it the last scene (a compromise for all viewers). After the E/C scene, they could have shown H and Frank arrive and standing in the elevator, the elevator doors open, they see everyone passed out (not knowing that Eric is there) and then the episode closes on their shocked expressions. Or, it might have been okay to have Eric arrive, see everyone passed out, the camera pans all over the floor on each main character in the order that we saw them fall (Nat, Walter, Jesse, Ryan- and then to Calleigh whom we didn't see fall) and then back to Eric looking shocked and then fade to black, roll credits. They could have saved the Eric finding Cal scene for the season premiere.

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I agree with you Delquesne and D&Daddict, I thought the ending was very touching. It was the only scene with E/C so you can't say that they over did it but I know some of you are never happy with anything to do with this relationship. Oh well, to each his own.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I was actually thinking that the title of the finale would be another line from a nursery rhyme, in keeping with the theme. Some of my guesses:

1) "Three Bags Full" (a reference to "Ba Ba Black Sheep"). Maybe they'll have 3 relatively insignificant lab techs die.
    2) "Together Again" (a reference to "Humpty Dumpty")
    3) "Up in Heaven" (reference to the line "This old man, he played eleven, He played knick knack up in heaven" from "Knick Knack Paddy Whack". It's kind of a weak reference, I know)
    4) "Needles and Pins" (reference to the line "build it up with needles and pins" from "London Bridge")
    5) "Sure to Go" (reference to the line "and everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go" from "Mary had a Little Lamb")
    6) "Pick Up Sticks" (reference to "One, two, buckle my shoe...")
    7) "But a Dream" (from "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")

Kind of dumb guesses, I know, but at least it's something.

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

oh no not at all! It'd be really cute if they had the premiere reference a nursery rhyme! :lol:
    I would actually die of laughter if this was the premiere! I just love it! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Maybe the scene with Eric and Calleigh was shown because we didn't see Calleigh fall down like the rest of the team, when Eric found her not only was she out cold but it appears that she wasn't breathing either. I am really looking forward to season 9, I am hoping Melissa was involved in what happened to the team. She is such a pain, I just want them to find something to arrest her!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  15. electra

electra Pathologist

IMO the writers wanted to create expectations for the season premiere and decided to go with a popular character.It's definely working becouse that is all we are talking about.Different to Vegas where most are indifferent to Langston fate.

I want to see more of Melissa.She was sassy smart and annoyed me enough to care .:lol: