**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I'm actually pretty proud of Ryan this season. Through all the adversity he's gone through these past seasons, he has come out of it all smarter and stronger and you can see it when he deals with the others mistakes, particularly Natalia. All the negative story arcs have actually shaped him to be a better aid to the team, and he stands his ground pretty firmly now, too. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see Evan on screen again. I've missed him. And really looking forward to Rob Zombie's upcoming ep. My only qualm is that he seems to have a thing for putting clowns in his films. I swear if he puts one in the epi...:evil: :(

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I couldn't agree more! It seems like the team has really forgave him and gotten past everything too. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for the rest of the season. That's my only flaw with Jesse--- Ryan is such a nicely , developed character now- and they typically tend to waste it by shoving new, under-developed, characters down our throat 24/7. It takes time to build them, and the relationships... it doesn't happen over night. Like before this week, it had been what--- nearly two or three weeks since we'd seen Nat? We didn't even see Calliegh until nearing the second half last night! FYI- this is what makes fans hate newbies. I don't like over kill.. I wish we could see less of this in the future, more balance, but I don't see it happening.

Now, if only it were just new NEXT week... lol.

ETA: Let's not forget how... for lack of better words... STUPID they made Ryan seem at the first of the season. Wtf... that wasn't him at all.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree about Ryan -- imo, I thought he was overly competitive in his first few seasons, & at times it seemed like he was more in the job for his own success rather than for the victims or justice -- that has changed drastically this past season & during 'WISC' when he jeopardized his position to save Billy; quite the change in him I think. He's definitly grown, & it's nice to see him playful & caring with the rest of the team opposed to trying to one-up the other -- I think he's finally figured out the real reason why he carries that badge. Now if TPTB could do some good with it!!

And since that was totally off the topic of spoilers....:alienblush:
    Clowns?!! I'm scared to death of clowns, I hope they don't show up either.

4. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Well remember Eva La Rue wasn't available because she did a spot on All My Children, so that's probably why she was MIA.

sorry to go off topic again!

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I couldn't agree more. It seems at times as if Ryan (and Nat for that matter) is just there. He needs a storyline of his own instead of riding on
    other's coattails. Jon is a good actor and he can handle it (and we know what Eva can do).

I think Ryan was developing nicely at the end of season 7 and all of a sudden it stopped. I know it takes time to develop new characters but does that mean one completely stop developing the vets? And I agree tptb made Ryan pretty stupid at the beginning of the season. It frustrated me because as you remarked Blinded by Smoke, that just isn't him.

In his first few seasons, Ryan was trying to do a good job and fit in (while replacing Speedle) and I agree he was being overly competitive and agressive. The change in him seem to come after WISC; Ryan grew up a lot. It is nice to see him relaxed and joking around this year and new people who accept him and let him relax and be his caring self:thumbsup:

6. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Redanemone- Totally forgot about that. You're right.

I agree w/ everything about Ryan. Esp the fact that Jon is an excellent actor, and he could handle the more heavy stuff. He's proven it. You should never stop developing character just because someone new is on. I agree, he was making tons of process at the end of season seven. He is maturing nicely, and a completely different character than he was in previous seasons. Then they had to insult us by making him all out DUMB. That being said, Plenty of shows I watch bring on new people all the time (irony is, they're all CBS shows) but Miami and CSI: (vegas) are the worst for pushing and forcing NEW characters. I've never seen it like that before. The people who love the show already are going to love the show STILL, without seeing all the new people interaction. And if they don't LIKE the character because they are replacing their favorite character that left.. then forcing and putting them front and center isn't going to help that issue either. It's a lose/lose.

And that being said, I hope with half the season left (nearly half) that Ryan and Nat BOTH get some interesting S/L's and BOTH actors get something to work with that they will take miles. TBTB need to listen to the fans for a change...

7. Divadee87

Divadee87 Hit and Run

everything you said and a high five at the end. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

Does anybody know when the next episode will be? There isn't any promo out so I'm not really sure when the next episode is going to be at all. I believe that from reading the spoilers that Eric is going to be in the next episode. Oh now I remember, its the one where they have 24 hours to find out if the man is guilty or not. Well anyway if somebody knows when the next episode is, the please post.

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The next new episode should be 'In The Wind', slated to air February 1st. :)

After, we should have 'Miami, We Have A Problem' ("The CSIs solve the murder of a man who was killed in outer space"), February 8th.

The next two weeks (Feb 15th and Feb 22nd) look as though they'll either be repeats or pre-empted due to the Winter Olympics.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I'm especially looking forward to the outer space ep. :lol: It just sounds so ya know, out there :lol: but in a good kind of way.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm looking forward to it.
    Some time ago,I read of a private citizen that did go into space after paying some outrageous amount of money for the experience.I don't remember all of the details but it just proves that life can be just as strange as fiction.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yes, I think I remember hearing about that on the Art Bell show. I want to say it was a rock musician who was-- ooohhh, wait a minute--now I remember. Yeah, what I heard about was that the guy wanted to go into the Earth's outer atmosphere, technically outer space, but that the United States wouldn't let him, so he had to go to the former Soviet Union to go on this same ride. But I don't know if this is the same story you read about. It's been a few years ago. But I remember something about him talking about the awesome view he would see if he could do this. It sounded fun to me!

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That does sounds like the story,thanks.

14. Divadee87

Divadee87 Hit and Run

I like the story for the outer space episode. I just hope it doesn't look cartoony or unrealistic. sometimes miami tends to exaggerate stories and make them a little bit non-realistic. Hopefully they handle it well and looks plausible, like it can actually happen and not a fantasy story.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I hope so too. It sounds like an different and interesting storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.