8x10 - Count Me Out **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: I love that one!

I think that woman from last night's ep needed to be on the episode of Dr. Phil where he talked to rude people and tried cure them. :lol:

That bothered me too. I love Jesse, but I wondered why in the world he was giving Horatio an order. :lol: He should have said it like, "You might want to check the trunk" or "we should probably check the trunk". :lol:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Her responce to him was exactly how I imagined it to be. ;) My thoughts on these 2 are a bit scattered. If they intend to take this down a romantic path, ok fine, Eva & Eddie could pull it off, but get Jesse's head out of his butt -- if he's interested, then good, but they need to show it...a look, a tone, something, anything on his part. I realize he has other fish to fry at the moment, but is he really that ignorant that he couldn't see that clear sign?!
    Men ....:rolleyes: (sorry fellas)
    Bottom line....it's pretty obvious she likes him, do nawwt think about hurting her. No one-sided BS that eventually breaks her heart.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I would say yes and I think it's quite realistic.Some men really don't have a clue.

4. Zipster

Zipster Witness

A nice paced episode. Really enjoyed it. The "Don't lie to me" line was great.

I also thought it was good the way they handled the cook and the drug seller. You really didn't know which way that was going to go. Usually when Horatio is all "I don't believe you" and stand offish - we get a bit more complexity from the characters.

I thought the B story was okay, I did love the way Calleigh dealt with it. Trip was cool too in the split second we saw him lol. Nice to see Ryan back to normal again! I also liked Tom again in this episode, he's really shaping up well!

A+

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

IMO, this was one of the most misleading promos I have ever seen. The episode was no where near what the promo led us to believe. Kind of annoying. A good, not great episode full of action.

Random thoughts:

Although it was kind of cool to see Jesse and Walter playing basketball off duty (hopefully if the situation warrants it, next time we will see what the other CSIs and Frank do off the clock), I thought it was a bit unrealistic and a bit unsafe for their weapons in the duffle bags. Which leads me...

When exactly was Walter issued a weapon?! The last lab rat (Natalia) we saw qualifying and poof Walter has one?! Something at least could have been mentioned.

I loved Calleigh dealing with the bitchy lady, tough and not taking any garbage. I actually cheered when Calleigh had her arrested. You go girl!!

When Horatio said in that tone "don't lie to me" I decided I never would want him mad at me.

Knowing how complicated bombs could be and how Walter mentioned to turn off cell phones to prevent a spark (which added to the excitement when Ryan and H couldn't get a hold of them), I cringed when Jesse shot the bomb clock, but it seemed to work out (I knew he wasn't shooting at Walter:rolleyes:)

Ryan: I loved pretty much every scene he was in. He's back to Ryan (hopefully the dumbing down is done) and he looked hot in that leather coat and red tshirt. I was a little concerned; should he have busted down the house door (if they didn't enter they wouldn't have been in the explosion:rolleyes:) but Natalia didn't object and she would have if she thought Ryan was wrong. Nat and Ryan's friendship really showed through in the eppie. I loved it that he wouldn't leave her even when she told him to and his determination before and after H's arrival to free her from the wreakage. Nat thanked him and told him he was brave and he returned the compliment, he was so modest!! And in the lab Ryan showed Nat the right amount of concern; he wasn't too pushy about it but he let her know he was concerned (I think he figured out she was having problems hearing from moment one) It was so nice to see him in a heroic stance.:) It was Ryan who also figured out the meth bomb. Whoa, Ryan in a white tshirt----yowza:devil:

And plenty of Natalia. ELR rocks and she will handle this story arc well. I wonder for awhile if she really didn't know she was having problems at first. She looked scared at the end and I liked the way she didn't let Jesse off the hook for standing her up; she really didn't want to deal with him.

Not the best episode, but not bad. I hope tptb do a better job of representing the next episode with their promos. One can build tension without misleading.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

Agreed with everthing said, once again great assessment. :)

Ryan is back. You think maybe tptb got the hint?

Still not enough Frank.

There could have been a better promo, that was only a small part of the episode, and not the major part. Once again CBS promoting Eddie.

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

It was good. So we're back to explosions and Horatio's happy shirt.

I agree about seeing Walter and Jess playing basketball. Great to see the cameraderie. I also have to wonder how Walter suddenly became a cop so quickly after being a lab rat on the night shift. Something tells me he didn't qualify; he was running down the street with his finger in the trigger well and the barrel pointed straight forward instead of up. If he were to trip and fall, somebody might get shot. But hey, it's Hollywood.

Yep, nice to see our sweet Ryan back. I hated that snarky monster. But now he's into cross-dressing--he was wearing Calleigh's leather jacket from S6 and S7!

Burn that shirt, Horatio! You've been wearing it for two seasons!

MiamiWolfe, I couldn't agree more. Somehow it seemed like they did that all through S6 and S7. The deception was really starting to turn me off.

Good to see Natalia back. Hope she'll be all right. Guess we got a new storyline. Hope they don't just drop that one, like that have with so many other storylines.

Go Calleigh! Nice comeback! And H is actually using science again! :eek:

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Don't think so,it's a little macho for Calleigh.
    With all the negative things said about Ryan,that doesn't need to be one of them.

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I'm with MiamiWolfe. Good but not great.

In regards to the "Don't lie to me scene", I couldn't help but feel that Frank should have been there. Jesse is cool but we need to share the screen time and I think many of Jesse's scenes should be Franks.

Looks like Walter had to stand aside this week. Not too much of him. I loved every scene of Calleigh getting in that woman's face. She turned out to be quite the hypocrite didn't she?

In regards to Natalia's injury, I think it was right for Ryan to tell her to check it out. He did the same with Eric not to long ago. Part of me wanted him to tell Horatio but that would have made him look like a meddler.

I want to own the cel of the scene with the sunglass wearing Horatio and Marie looking towards the great beyond. :)

Rating 3.5/5

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

1. I'm kinda glad that Natalia decided to go with Ryan, because if it was ever Calleigh in that explosion she would have died!:eek: Not to mention a repeat of SGIYC.

2. I also adore Ryan's concern for Natalia.

3. Where the HECK was the scene showing Calleigh/ Jesse going to figure out if the two were okay in the explosion! I mean, especially Calleigh, if I were her I'd run and scream 'NAT, are you okay, OMG!' You know? Because of her own experience...but this is CSI miami so...

4. Calleigh giving that woman a taste of her own medicine was FUNNY! :lol:

5. Hmm, I liked the Haitian girl alot, it's so sad she didn't get to marry the guy.

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Sorry, just kidding.

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

These are also people trained to deal with situations like this, be calm and collected in a crisis not screaming their heads off and running around like decapitated chickens. They are the keepers of law and order, they are the ones that ordinary citizens look to for strength, so if Calleigh or Jesse were to suddenly start screaming and worrying their heads off about Natalia and the explosion, it would have been not only out of character, but also unrealistic considering their long years as professional law enforcement officers who have no doubt seeing even worse situations than this.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was actually the same jacket Ryan wore in Presumed Guilty (at least it looked the same). :lol:. I honestly don't remember Calleigh in a leather jacket, but then again admittingly, I don't pay as much attention to what the girls wear as I do to what the guys wear. :lol:

I dunno... I'm starting to think that Calleigh is almost as indestructable as H... only she gets hurt, but she heals fast while he doesn't ever get a scratch on him. :lol:

Me too. I love their friendship.

I agree. They always leave out scenes like that. :lol:

Cal was great!

I felt bad for her for how that mean lady was treating her and then her boyfriend tried to help her, but chose a dumb way to do it and is now going to jail for a long time.

I agree that they shouldn't be screaming their heads off, but would it kill the writers to write a scene where one of them checks up on the one who is hurt? I mean, we don't actually have to see them go up to the person and say "are you okay", but they could at the least show one of them on the phone with H or something and then ask "how is Natalia?" Or even just have Cal mention to Jesse: "I called H and asked how Natalia was doing. He said she's going to be fine, she's just shaken up." That wouldn't be out of character.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

It didn't sound like an order to me, seemed just like an off-hand suggestion to check the trunk. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, people talk like that all the time, seemed quite normal to me. I mean, when my teacher lost her glasses and couldn't find them, I said "check the back table", I didn't use "you might want to..." or "we should check..." sometimes those extra words just disappear. In this case, it's really the tone that matters, and Jesse was definitely not giving H an order at all, he knows who the boss is.

I agree that scenes like that should have been added, that would certainly be nice......but it seems like the CSI franchise are not too big on the whole injury continuity train....Criminal Minds is probably the best example of actually having scenes between characters and asking about injuries and stuff......

Something else I found interesting was how quickly H saw that the clock was part of a bomb, guess his time in the bomb squad was well spent!! And I wonder if I should take notice to the fact that H called Jesse and Ryan called Walter instead of the other way around....is there a significance or am I just imagining things?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  15. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Haha! Yes!
    I was laughing out loud when I saw that!
    I was like "Where did he take gun safety?!? Not in CA! Surely!
    My teacher would have twisted his arm if he caught Walter waving his weapon around like that! Haha! You are so right. Some one could have been killed!