"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

This was the episode us Nick fans were waiting for. I thought Taylor Swift did a great job for someone with no experience.

Another nice little mention of Warrick. That was nice.

Loved Haley's line "You don't look like my chem teacher.". And she's right. I never had a science teacher looking like him (and it wasn't for lack of wanting).

The birthday message from Grissom was unexpected.

It was nice to see Super Dave back after if back problems in last weeks ep. :)

The end was fantastic. Still would have preferred Catherine there but the way they had it was perfect for between Nick and Langston.

Susan

2. electra

electra Pathologist

LOVE the team scene with the cake.Great bonding there.Same as the scene with Ray and Nick.Ray is able to connect at an emotional level and that was Nick needed.

Case was entertaining as well.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

You guys brought up a few things that I forgot to mention.

-Riley: That scene made me crack up. My mom and I both went "Sucks to not have seniority at a crime scene, huh, Riley?"
    -Greg: "I'm so keeping that gift card." Hee.
    -Grissom!!
    -I liked how this episode was both serious and funny at the same time. It was more like the CSI I'm used to.
    -Poor SuperDave. Reminded me of Greg with that car trunk.
    -Next Week: Innnteresting. We're breaking in the new guys quickly, aren't we? They had to learn eventually I guess.
    Ooooo. Riley gets hit? They never get broken in that quickly! *laughs*

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I teared up more when Super Dave gave Nick money for the college fund. :( and :)

And by golly, Grissom DID come back this season! :)

Loved Nick telling Haley not to pay attention to crap said about her on the internet. Anybody listening?? :D

Ray sculpts orchids??

5. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

This ep was all right. I got all hyped for it, but was disappointed in the end. It was okay... I like that more attention was paid to Nick - an original character, for once, since Grissom and Sara left. But overall, it was mediocre.

The show just hasn't been the same since they left... actually it pretty much has been downhill since season 7.

Still not bad though and I did enjoy it, but just nowhere near as good as it once was.

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I have to say that I was really surprised by the episode. I expected Haley's character to be more Mary Sue-ish, but she wasn't at all. And Taylor Swift and George Eads both did tremendous jobs, as did Laurence Fishburne (not that that part really surprised me).

I still don't get why it took the death of a teenager Nick had only kind of known for a year to really cause Nick's breakdown, rather than the death of his best friend of over a decade.

My one complaint is that everything to do with Brie(sp?)'s character felt a bit contrived. Didn't acting like that pretty much die out in 2nd grade? Her whole spiel about Haley copying her hair just reminded me of little kids complaining 'she's copying meee.' I just don't think that high schoolers really act like that. The Haley-mom twist was really intriguing. Overall, I thought it was a well-done episode.

Little things:
    Nice way to sneak in a WP cameo . I also LOVED the whole old people upstairs thing. Even if it was squicky. Riley's lines = priceless. The continuity with Warrick's son was also great.

I just hope that other characters (*cough* Greg) will get the same attention in future episodes. But I guess TPTB won't ever be able to make us all happy w/ screentime and character development. Anyway, though I'm not a big Nick fan, I'm happy for all of you Nick fans that you guys finally got a Nickisode. It's nice to see people getting so excited, and an episode getting such rave reviews on this board!

Personally, I agree that the show was going downhill in S7 and S8, but I think it's really gone back to its roots this season. This is probably one of my favorite seasons yet so far. The only character that I really miss at this point is Warrick, but, then again, it feels like the show had been losing him since at least S6. Grissom, as the lead, set a tone for the show. As he became more serious in later seasons, IMO, the show began to reflect that and began to grow more dull. Ray brings his own distinct quirky sense of humor and style to the show, and I think that that's doing wonders so far. I love Riley and Ray's characters, and have been impressed with the vast majority of episodes thus far for this season. I think it's a breath of fresh air.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  7. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I completely agree with you. I think the promo and all the hype about this episode just got my expectations to high. It was good but not amazing.
    For me, CSI was at its peak during season 7 also. The minirature killer was just to awesome. My only complaint was that Grissom was beardless during that season. I really think CSI should do another continuation. They are my favorite.

I liked the end scene, but I also wish it would have been with Catherine. I'm just not a Langston fan. Well, I'm indifferent towards him.

And lastly, Grissom's voice. It sent my heart aflutter.
    I miss him so much.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I disagree, teenagers are known for peer pressure or wanting to fit in, so her trying to copy another girl's look to be popular did not surprise me at all.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I had the same exact thought on that. :lol:

Sculpting orchids? Never heard of people doing that before. :lol:

Yay for Nick working with Vartann. They keep pairing him up with Cavalier and I keep saying 'guys they weren't very happy with eachother back in late season 5'.

Happyharper, I don't think they ever grow out of things like that. Got an 11yr old and a 13yr old and they still go 'he's/she's looking at me' over the dinner table. :(

Susan

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well to each his own, I think the show has gotten better. It's more equal and I never liked the miniature crime scene story as it was nothing more than a ploy for GSR-which is probably why season seven worked for you, but not for me as I never liked GSR and am glad that it's gone! The rest of the cast took a backseat to GSR and a lot of people like me left the show for a while.

I think the storyline was great and Haley certainly wasn't Mary Suish at all. I felt for her.

The mother was a piece of work, seriously, what a witch!

11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I understand the peer pressure and the possibility of Haley copying her (though the impression I got in the end was that her mom might have had something to do with that), but it was how Brie reacted that I can't believe. Maybe I just went to an unusually friendly high school, but I really can't imagine that happening. Middle school, yes. But most people grow up by the time they're 16.

I completely agree with you about S7. While I really liked the Greg arc (just because it actually was a Greg arc), but, overall, I thought it was the worst season by a long shot. That said, I feel at least a little sympathy for the mother, just because it seemed clear by the end of the episode that Melissa's death had really pushed her off of her rocker. Having to live with someone who looked like the woman that killed her daughter? That must have been really, really hard. To be honest, that whole part sounded like something out of a Greek myth or Shakespearean tragedy.

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

the cake in the beginning and the team gathering, kinda reminded me of "who shot sherlock" when the team came in to celebrate Greg passing his proficiency exam. It was "who shot shrelock"...right? lol

Personally, I think a lot (not all) of the younger teens are worse off in attitude then ever before. And it's more of an issue today of trying to fit in then even when I was in high school. But that's just a personal opinion.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, I'm 16 and while I'm not like that personally, I see it a lot in my school. The whispers of "god, look at how she's dressed. she's totally copying [insert name of that day's "popular girl"]". Really, a lot of teenagers are like that. It's worse when the seniors do it, since they really are old enough to know better. Juniors like me are, at least in my school, mostly "wow, you're wearing the same shirt as that other girl. whoopty-doo."

So I thought it was realistic.

14. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

I really liked this episode. I don't normally watch CSI (I prefer CSI:Miami and CSI:NY) but I wanted to see Taylor Swift. I think she did an amazing job, but that is just me. I loved that it was Nick-centric, he is my favorite Vegas CSI.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Except for a few moments, this episode bored the heck out of me. Taylor did a great job, but that couldn't even hold my attention.

Loved Riley's "lime cab" stuttering
    The opening scene with the birthday cake was so cute.
    Greg crawling in the attic instead of Nick because it was Nick's birthday was funny.
    Poor Super Dave. Last time with his back, this time with the 'ick'.