The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I know this should probably go in the joke thread but.....

HOW TO WASH A CAT: 1.Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl. 2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom. 3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid. 4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this. 5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse." Don't worry -- kitty won't go "down the tube," cause she won't fit. 6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door. 7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids. 8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where she will dry herself off. 9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean. Sincerely, The Dog.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think I'd have problems with step 3. :guffaw: Socksie is all wiggle.

Susan

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I don't think it would bet that difficult with my boys Ted and George :lol: They seem to love the toilet :guffaw:

4. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

My mother's cat Kitty somewhat gallops when she runs, it is as funny as heck

5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's hysterical Jacquie!!

I know I've heard it before, but I can never remember to write it down for future reference :lol:

Probably not gonna happen with my cats either :guffaw:

6. blackflag

My little terror in her nest. Don't ask why but she's all of a sudden taken to digging herself into the middle of my old comforter (which I don't dare use without folding back up for her!). :lol:

Susan

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Aww :adore: She is a real cutie! And I like her colour too! :)

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

She's so darling! :adore:
    I caught Eddie sleeping in the chihuahua's bed the other day, I had been wondering why Xena was looking so displaced that afternoon :lol:

I got a couple of pictures, and when I told my hubby, he said he'd caught Eddie there a few days before that. Looks like it's becoming a habit :p

9. Jacquie

Oliver 1996-2012.
    With a heavy heart, my husband and I let Oliver Cromwell Sawyer pass over The Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. Oliver had been in pain and in failing health these last couple of months and we wanting him to be pain free. He is now playing in the field with Max, Thomas and Tuppence. R.I.P Big Guy.

10. blackflag

Sorry Jacquie. :( Always lean on the fact that they trust us as their owners to do what's right for them.

Susan

11. Jacquie

from what the vet said we did do the right thing. We stayed with Oliver until the end and afterwards she said that his hind quarters were paining him. :( He was a large cat and had been on insulin for the last 3 years. I wanted to remember him the way he is now not the way he would have become.

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Jacquie, it sounds like your little one had a long and good life. It is hard to say goodbye. Sometimes I think it is harder to say goodbye to animals than people. With people there can be bad parts of the relationship, but with animals it is nothing, but love and trust. You are in my prayers.

13. ForestAngel

ForestAngel Witness

Just wondering if any of you animal lovers have ever head of a cat known as a Russian Blue? I have a six month old Russian Blue named Dusty and she's getting spayed on the 14th Feb..

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm so sorry to hear about Oliver. I am sure he was loved very much :) and had a great life you and your husband. :)

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

:( But he had a good family to live with!

Yay for cold weather (-20c) and my cats. I try to make deals with them (for some reason they don't want to be outside (even the barn would be warm). So I try to keep them outside for a while during the evening (since they don't have litterbox in the house) and so they can stay inside thru the night. So far no pee or poo in the house (my old cat that died last year, usually started peeing in the house when she didn't want to go outside because of cold weather. Her favourite place to do it was sauna)

One night we put our female cat twice outside during the evening. When I was going to sleep, she was already back inside and I was looking for her, because they spend their nights in a room where heating system is... and I couldn't find her. I searched and searched and not in her usual places... until accidentally I peeked inside a pile of clothes that were on chair.. and there I saw one tiny white paw, an eye, some whiskers and small pink nose :lol::lol::lol: I guess she wanted to make sure she could stay inside now.

Now she sits next to me and purrrs and looks outside on the sofa. Sun hits the sofa soon and it already feels warm and cat just keeps smiling. I think she's glad that it's warm here and she's here and cold outside and the cold indeed stays outside. It's also amazing how much her behaviour has changed after the old cat died.