The Middle

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

DESCRIPTION:
    Patricia Heaton stars in this warm and witty single-camera comedy about raising a family and lowering your expectations. Frankie Heck is a superhero. Well, no, not an actual superhero - not unless you count getting her kids out the door for school every morning as a superfeat. Middle-aged, middle class and living in the middle of the country, this harried wife and working mother of three uses her wry wit and sense of humor to try to get her family through each day intact. Frankie and husband Mike raise their kids with love and solid Midwestern practicality. Axl is the oldest, a teenage jock who eats the family out of house and home and walks around in his underwear. Then there's Sue, their extraordinarily ordinary pre-teen daughter who fails at everything she tries with great gusto. Brick, the youngest son, is an odd kid whose best friend is his backpack. Together, they're putting THE MIDDLE on the map.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
    · Patricia Heaton as Frankie
    · Neil Flynn as Mike
    · Atticus Shaffer as Brick
    · Charlie McDermott as Axl
    · Eden Sher as Sue
    · Chris Kattan as Bob

TIMESLOT:
    Wednesdays, 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST on ABC

Fans of The Middle are invited to talk about the show, episodes, characters, spoilers and news in this thread. :thumbsup: Don't be shy! :)

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Total fan of the show! I was lukewarm at first because I'm not a big fan of Partricia Heaton, but I must say she is almost likable in this show. But I love Sue. I was an awkward, sad teen and I really relate to Sue's struggles. But I myself was not, and not, the optimistic person Sue is lol. I also like Axl alot. He is a hottie. Thank goodness he is really 21 or I'd feel like a perv lol

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I absolutely enjoy and love this show! I love the Heck Family. Sue is so adorable. She has this smile on her face that will make you smile/laugh too! The young actor who plays Brick acts like Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper). They can play father and son on a future comedy show. Brick and Sheldon also have some similarities. Axl is so funny. I sometimes see myself on him because of his relationship towards his mom Frankie. He's kind of disrespectful, rough, mean or rude at times but will turn into something comedic or fun. Frankie and Mike are lovable parents. I always enjoy them watching interact with their kids. NAtural chemistry between them.

As for the Thanksgiving episode last night, it was funny! I found it hilarious how Sue would risk her life just to make an apple pie! :lol: I laughed so hard when Axl was talking to his grandma, pretending that Sue was getting the phone from him and that he didn't want to let go of the phone! :guffaw: It's funny that Bob was insecure of Brick! :lol: Fantastic episode!

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I love this show too and never miss it! Together with Modern Family it makes for a great night of TV.

I have to admit I get a big kick out of all the Indiana references since that's where they live. :) How "Peyton Manning saved the day" when the Colts won and the Heck men became a bit closer for it. :lol: This area of the state where I live is the "limestone capital of the world", so it's fun to see Mike working in a quarry. :)

Brick is just the cutest thing! Loved his little battle with Betty White last season as the librarian last season where she said he'd never make it to third grade...third grade. :guffaw:

And Sue...wearing that cross country jacket in every episode now. :lol: Finally she made a team...even if it's one where they don't cut anyone. :)

5. Country233

Yes every episode is great! That and Cougartown make my wednesday nights. Modern Family doesn't do it for me, so I usually watch part of Hell's Kitchen before Cougartown comes on.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I agree. Now, I'm waiting for ABC to move The Middle to the time slot after Modern Family. These two shows fit perfectly.

I didn't get into Modern Family at first. But because I love the cast especially Sofia Vergara :drool: and their family tree is pretty crazy and interesting I gave it another shot and love it since then.

7. Country233

True Modern Family has a different type of cast, but the Middle is more all-american. Even being a Southerner, I feel like the Indiana people are about the same. I cannot relate to the Modern Family crew as much.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I agree. That's what I love about The Middle - a normal middle-class family living outside the city. Some scenes really made me laugh or smile because I can relate myself to it. Remember the "Errand Boy" episode? :guffaw: That's hilarious from start to finish. :lol:

9. Smokey

What I like about both shows, but especially Modern Family, is how funny it is but it's always heartwarming too. I know that sounds sappy, but at the end of every episode it always brings a tear to my eye. I know....I'm so sensitive! :lol:

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Great Christmas episode! I find it hilarious everytime Frankie's dad is looking for Mike and says "there you are!" and he gets annoyed! :guffaw:

11. Country233

I loved how he jumped in the car and was cursing the old Taurus for not starting. I can totally relate to the old vehicles and the issues. When I was growing up we had older Suburbans.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Good episode last night! I was smiling almost the entire episode because I remembered same things when I was a kid. We were the boss! I think we still are! :)

13. Smokey

I identified more with the parents, LOL! Right down to their taste in music! Some of the stuff kids say and do today and expect from their parents, we never would have dreamed of that when we were kids! :lol:

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

:borg:
    I :lol: at that car scene! Those kids were so demanding when it comes to food. We weren't like that when it comes to food. Maybe on school stuff!

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

We'll see more of the Heck Family because The Middle is renewed by ABC for next season! :) I just hope TM stays at Wednesday 8pm.