The "I have a Merchandise question" thread

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Elsie, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

As there isn't anywhere in Merchandise to ask the simple questions, I thought this might be a nice place to do so. :)

If you are wondering about a DVD release date, or when the next book comes out and you haven't found the answer elsewhere, please post your question here and some lovely folks will undoubtedly come over and help you out.

This thread is for simple questions and answers, for discussions on a particular type of merchandise or specific topic please go to the relevant thread to do so if there is already one set up. Any other questions can go here. :)

If your question is about how to advance on one of the computer games please post it in this thread dedicated to the topic. ;)

So, any questions?

2. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I actually do have a question about the murchandise. I purchased season 5 of LV on DVD (my favorite season) and when I got it I had two disc #2's and none of #1 and this dismayed me greatly because I now don't own "Down The Drain." One of my favorite episodes.

Now I didn't realize this right away because around the same time I recieved seasons 1-4, 6. From other people as gifts. So I had to watch all of season 1-4 before I noticed that this quirk had happend. Anyway is there anything I can do to get a copy of that first disc? And was this an anomally or was there a noted string of mispackaged Season 5's?

I'm just wondering. Basically I'd really like to know what I can do to amend the mishap.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, nothing that I've heard of, but I'm not based in the US. A similar thing happened to my Mother when she bought the West Wing DVD though and she got it replaced but that was from the shop it had been bought from. So my first suggestion would be to try and find out where it was purchased from and then just take it in (or email if it was online) and they may send you a replacement. :) Good luck!

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Well it was purchased from amazon.com and so far contacting them has been a dead end. Mabye I'll get lucky and get one.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

mishysquishy asked:

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Does anybody know anything about a 2008 calendar?

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I had a quick look and found..
    CSI 2008
    [It is a .co.uk address so I don't know if it works for you guys]

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I saw that one, I'm looking for a U.S one...it would cost much more to order it from the UK if it was made here!

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ah right well I looked an I couldn't find one which I found quite confusing! With it being its original home!

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Yes, thank you for looking! I also saw that they have them in Denmark, not that that helps! I'm in Ohio and want to get one to a friend in CA before Christmas!

11. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Does anyone know if there's a poster I could buy with Horatio Caine on it? I'm looking for a friend and haven't been able to find any- she a poor Uni student and has horrible cracks in her walls and I just know a lovely poster will cheer her up.
    :D thanks.

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

CD your from the UK right? I think that CSI posters are extremly hard to coe by and the rare ones I see are of the size 11"x17" and those are on U sites aswell!
    But heres one..
    Horatio 11"x17"

13. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Thanks for finding that :), but the postage is a little too expensive to the UK :(
    I think I may have found something though *fingers crossed*

14. althea

althea Lab Technician

I asked this question on the NY site as well maybe I can get more help over here I want to buy Season 3 box set off from the Amazon website and obviously the used box sets are cheaper than the new. Is it wise to buy the used box sets? I just want to save some extra bucks because I have to ship it to South Africa which will cost a lot. Any thoughts on the subject?

15. Snickersfan01

Snickersfan01 Witness

Lost Lady Knight,
    I work for a DVD store and as long as it is a mistake from the factory THEY have to replace the dvd. I would try taking it to Best Buy or a FYE store. Tell them that you got it as a gift and that you just want to exchange it for a new one. Most of the time they will let you cause they are not out any money for the item. They can just get a new one to replace yours. Hope that this helps you.