"The Descent Of Man" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 4, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Is it Descent of Man or Decent of Man? Because on the CBS video, it's listed as Decent.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope it's just a typo and that it's really Descent. "decent of a man" would be in the wrong tense wouldn't it? I mean, wouldn't it be "decence of a man" or just "decent man"?

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Popping on before I have to go somewhere --

I believe it's descent. In the original CBS Press Release, it was "Descent" and in the episode guide on my TV, it was "Descent". So I believe it's a typo.

Also, viewership was up this week:

CSI was first in households (10.1/17), viewers (16.63m), adults 25-54 (5.3/13) and adults 18-49 (3.8/10). Compared to last week, CSI was up +11% in households (from 9.1/14), +6% in adults 25-54 (from 5.0/11), even in adults 18-49 and added +2.00m viewers (from 14.63m, +14%).

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re-watching episode notes:

Did anyone else think when Langston was doing his final desert scene, searching for the turtle, his hand gestures kind of looked like Monk's?

And I noticed that at the end of the show, when it shows Executive Producers, Naren Shankar is now listed with Anthony Zuiker, Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn and Ann Donahue.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Removing from tack, feel free to continue the discussion. :)

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

lol. I thought of Monk, too.

The ratings for this episode: 16.36 million, 3.7 in the 18-49 demo.
    A rebound from last week, but still below average. The demo remains troubling, especially since Grey's Anatomy was a repeat.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes but it was still the number one show for the night and that is what the network sees too.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Maybe they do; but all they really care about is $$$$.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Sad, but true. Money rules everything. :lol: By the way, your icon pic of Jorja is cute. :)

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, let's hope they don't continue to fall..:(

11. GregNickRyanFan

I read somewhere that a lot of fans were pissed at CBS because of something to do with one of their daytime shows (I think Guiding Light, but not sure)... something about CBS was going to cancel it maybe? Anyway, someone suggested that possibly some fans are boycotting CBS altogether, so maybe that has something to do with CSIs numbers as well?

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

O/T-GregNickRyanFan, it's was Guiding Light being cancelled on CBS, but Proctor and Gamble is trying to find them a home for them. I don't understand they just fired the writers' instead cancelled Guidling Light, the wriers' the one that ruin the show. CBS told the writers' last December to turn the show around in 6 month and they didn't.

Back on topic- I like this episode much better then last Thursday night except Brass and Nick. It's was funny and I have never heard a turtle drop on people's head and killed them instanley or something. I'm glad they didn't killed officer Akin. No more killed the officers or other staffs. Next week one is looked good.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yeah, Guiding Light was canceled and I know a few people myself that are boycotting the show. The same thing is happening with Pushing Daisies and ABC. Once the show got canceled (God bless its heart), people started boycotting the channel. It was such a great show with a great story to tell, but ABC yanked it from its schedule and a lot of angry fans existed from the situation.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Don't feel bad, Shane. My mom is upset about ABC cancelled Pushing Daisies, she love that show. everytime, my mom watch the good show, no matter it's CBS, NBC, ABC OR FOX, they cancelled it. Shane, there is a rumor that Guiding Light might move to Lifetime channel or Oxygen channel or other channel.

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I can't really imagine a daytime soap's boycotting audience having that big of an impact on CSI viewership. How many people watch Guiding Lights in the first place? I was definitely under the impression that most soaps had very, very low numbers.