"The Descent Of Man" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GEEZ, talk about a snooze fest, this was so stupid, silly and ridiculous, and BORING, all 3 cases didn't add up, and were full of confusion and not at all interesting:( really awful. It was so flimsy and full of holes & nonsense bordering on absurd. Last week's was so exciting and suspensful and riveting. The only characters that stood out in this week's bore were Ray and Brass. Nick is great, but was greater when he had his buddy Warrick at his side, his gal pal Sara, and his beloved boss Grissom. Greg is not the same person, and Riley comes across as a dud. Nice to show Archie for 5 seconds. I just thought it was terrible~

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Loved last night's episode but after last week's clunker anything would have been better.

It sounded to me like Riley was the one who asked about going to get breakfast not Nick. But I could have heard wrong.

Paul Guilfoyle needs his own sitcom or something.

I have a feeling when Nick picked up the helmet cam, there was a guy there that handed it to George so he wouldn't have to bend a whole lot.

Loved the interrogation scene between Nick, the girls, and I think his name was Max? Pierre's business partner I mean. The end when Nick obviously didn't understand the guy and had to repeat horse....classic.

I like Officer Akers and now we know his first name.

Overall, great episode.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I thought it was Riley who said lets go to breakfast too! :confused: But I'll check it out later when I get a chance to cap it. :lol:

I loved Nick interogating the 2 skydivers and Max. I loved his facial expressions. It brought back the scenes of Brass interogating the bridesmaides in Rashomama. :lol:

And what was the line while Brass was interogating George - "Are you clinically insane or ???" I'd love to use that on some of my relatives. :shifty:

All you had to do was read the episode description and you knew the cases were connected so that didn't surprise me.

My comments when Akers collapsed - 'They better not be killing him off! He's one of the cops I like.' :lol: They had me worried.

I wonder why it was such a big deal to make Greg a level 3 before Langston came in when there doesn't seem to be much difference between a level 1 and a level 3 (or even supervisor). A level 1 seems to be allowed to do everything a level 3 is so why bother having the different levels? :confused:

Susan

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It was Riley who said let's go to breakfast. And she has been the one who has talked about food a lot since she came in, so it made sense. :lol:

I've been wondering the same thing.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Seriously,I LOVE Brass.His lines had me laughing hard the whole episode.And Ray is growing on me.For some reason,I find nerdy guys really interesting.He is different then Grissom ,becouse he connects with people but still sort of enigmatic.

Cases were interesting.Black humour is so CSI.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Agreed. Brass was in true form last night. The 'clubbed like a baby seal' line was the best Brass line all night.

After Nick, I'd say Brass is my favourite character! He's such a doll!

7. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I like Brass for those amazing one liners but at more emotional level my favorites are Catherine and Nick.Brass lines are perfect becouse it's so much sarcarsm and wit at the same time.I just LOVE it!!

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I enjoyed the episode last night. Three words... great team dynamics! Everyone had their part in the show last night and it really didn't feel like one had more screen time then the other. Personally I enjoyed how about half way into the show, they introduced another case. To me it just went to show that calls come in at all times of the day and night. I thought the opening camera shot was a clever idea. From the potential victims point of view.

As usual, Brass was terrific with the usual sarcasm and expressions, but then, when isn't he. I think he'd be a hard one to replace if PG ever decided to call it quits.

It was Riley that mentioned food...lol, Greg called her on it and Nick agreed. That too was an enjoyable little scene...casual.

As for Langston and being out solo even though he's only a level one, well, I've come to the point of just letting things be. We can't change something that the producers and writers are so adamant about. We know that it's not proper protocol, we all know the work Greg had to endure when he was a level one...the do's and don'ts of the field etc., and we all know that having a big name like LF, some rules are going to have to be broken or bent in order to keep the ratings up. It's irritating, I know, but we've gotta live with it..

Much better then last weeks episode.

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

;) To make it even more 'classic', they didn't say "horse". It was "whores" :lol:

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, I obviously didn't understand the guy either. Do we have an embarrassed smiley face icon?

11. CareBare

CareBare Victim

I am so happy that i really enjoyed this episode. There was a good balance between the characters, some lovely scenes with Greg, Nick and Catherine, and i really liked the humour. Phew :)

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked most of the humor, but that "pierre" joke just wasn't funny. I saw on CBS they had the clip listed at "pee air", so I guess that's what it was supposed to mean, but its still not funny to me. :lol:

But, the overall episode was AWESOME! Of course like many said, it wouldn't take much to be better than last week. :lol: I wish this ep had been the 200th. Why? The reason is that it managed to blend everything we ever loved about CSI from the beginning with the new stuff. It wasn't all one note. It was done very nicely. Everything from the opening sequence of the view through the cracked helmet cam, to the ending scene with Ray, Riley, Greg and Nick to the very last scene with Ray and Cath.

My faith in this show has now been restored. :D

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I really liked this episode, it was very funny. Should have been the 200th!

A couple of things that I thought were off.

1) Ray working a solo case as a CSI level 1 - I guess the rules don't apply to the star.

2)This didn't bother me but it was strange, why did Greg know about the bodies before Catherine knew? She's the supervisor, shouldn't she have been notified first and invited Greg to go along? Not visa versa.

Like I said this episode had me cracking up. I loved it when Nick was talking to the witness and she just started babbling and he was like 'I had enough of this' and he just turned and walked away. Also when interrogating both girls it reminded me of 'Ending Happy'. Oh and the panty party - not too much happening there.

And they remembered that Nick has done para gliding! Shocking!

The cases were funny up until Cath/Greg case, then it got serious as a heart attack (pun intended). And it was another situation where the cases end up tying together.

The way the religious guru died was just plain crazy, I mean a tortoise dropped on his head! I also loved the way Nick, Riley and Greg walked out on Ray (who was doing his Grissom imitation) it seemed poetic after last weeks episode.

All in all a really good episode.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  14. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I think that's actually the point. It's not funny, its lame. The fact that the two bubbleheads think its funny is, imo, supposed to show just how ditzy they are.

15. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

It was hilarious in parts.Nick with two girls was funny. What can I say about Brass? I could watch an entire 40 plus minutes of him on his own.He's that funny. To be honest I think he was the one who saved the episode. The cases just did not interest me that much. I think csi should should stick to two cases or just one big one. Catherine and Nicks cases connecting just didn't feel right. I think they should leave that kind of thing to Miami. When they connect two cases together it's more natural.

I'm willing to forgive the lack of good story just for Brass comedy.