Supergirl

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Faylinn, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(I searched and didn't find a thread, so I thought I'd start one!)
    [​IMG]
    The pilot of Supergirl airs on CBS tonight from 8:31-9:31pm ET/PT. Here's the synopsis of the show, from CBS:
    Is anybody else watching the premiere? Let us know what you think! :D

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AFTER 12 YEARS OF KEEPING HER POWERS A SECRET ON EARTH, KARA ZOR-EL, SUPERMAN'S COUSIN, DECIDES TO FINALLY EMBRACE HER SUPERHUMAN ABILITIES AND BE THE HERO SHE WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, OCT. 26

Editor's note: The start and end times for this episode have changed.

Supergirl

Melissa Benoist, Calista Flockhart, Chyler Leigh, Mehcad Brooks, David Harewood and Jeremy Jordan Star

"Pilot" – After 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be, on the series premiere of SUPERGIRL, Monday, Oct. 26 (8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. The series moves to its regular time period (8:00-9:00 PM) on Monday, Nov. 2.

SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El, Superman's (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents' help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later, at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant. She works alongside her friend and IT technician Winn Schott and famous photographer James Olsen, who Grant just hired away from the Daily Planet to serve as her new art director. However, Kara's days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw, head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime.

CHEAT TWEET: It's not a bird, it's not a plane, it's not a man! It's the series premiere of #SUPERGIRL! Oct 26 8:31 ET/PT http://bit.ly/1hZFmgG

REGULAR CAST:
    Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
    Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant)
    Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers)
    Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen)
    David Harewood (Hank Henshaw)
    Jeremy Jordan (Winslow "Winn" Schott)

GUEST CAST:
    Laura Benanti (Alura)
    Derek Mio (Hayashi)
    Ben Begley (Tobey)
    Faran Tahir (The Commander)
    Owain Yeoman (Vartox)
    Dean Cain (Dr. Jeremiah Danvers)
    Helen Slater (Dr. Eliza Danvers)
    Malina Weissman (Young Kara)
    Jordan Mazarati (Young Alex)
    Rick Garcia (Rick Garcia)
    Leyna Nguyen (Leyna Nguyen)
    Robert Gant (Zor-El)
    Paul Stuart (Yale)
    Nick Jaine (Another Staffer)
    Sheila Collins (Passenger)
    Chriss Anglin (Pilot)
    Kinna Mcinroe (Waitress)
    Briana Venskus (Tech Woman)
    Julien Yuen (Terrified Teen)
    Zayne Emory (Rick Malverne)
    Mackenzie Brooke Smith (Female Student #1)
    Jaidan Jiron (Female Student #2)
    Tara Macken (Stunt Mother)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Ali Adler
    DIRECTED BY: Glen Winter

Photos now available at http://cbspressexpress.com
    Official CBS Website: http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/SupergirlCBS
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/supergirlcbs
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/supergirlofficial

Cast on Twitter/Instagram:
    Melissa Benoist @MelissaBenoist
    Chyler Leigh @chy_leigh
    Mehcad Brooks @MehcadBrooks
    David Harewood @DavidHarewood
    Jeremy Jordan @JeremyMJordan

Producers on Twitter:
    Greg Berlanti @GBerlanti
    Ali Adler @AliAdler
    Andrew Kreisberg @AJKreisberg
    Sarah Schechter @Sarahsowitty

3. Faylinn

I thought the pilot was cute! There were a few things I think they could work on, but it's the pilot, so that's normal. I'm curious to see how the next few episodes go.
    Kara is adorable, and I really enjoy the relationship between her and Alex. I'm not familiar with the comics, so the whole story is new to me. I like that Kara was older when she left Krypton, meaning she has some memories and knowledge about that world that Superman lacked.

It's definitely a big deal to have a female superhero, and I like that the show itself acknowledges this--while also having the relationship between the sisters at the heart of it, along with Kara's powerful female boss. There's not much you can do about the name of the superhero, so I liked the way the show dealt with it--Kara suggesting it was Less Than to call her a 'girl' despite being an adult, and Cat pointing out that it shouldn't be disrespectful. They're stuck with it either way, so I'm glad they addressed it early on.

Love James. Still undecided about the guy she works with (Winn?). Ambivalent about Hank, although I'm sure he'll slowly come around about Kara (or maybe not, that could be interesting too). And this is random, but I loved that Robert Gant was Kara's dad, haha!

Okay, I'm done now, I was only planning to write a few things. :p
    Anybody else watch the pilot?

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA'S CONFIDENCE AS A SUPERHERO IS OFF TO A SHAKY START UNTIL A NEW THREAT FORCES HER TO PUSH HER DOUBTS ASIDE, WHEN "SUPERGIRL" MOVES TO ITS REGULAR TIME PERIOD MONDAY, NOV. 2

Supergirl

"Stronger Together" – When Kara's attempts to help National City don't go according to plan, she must put aside the doubts that she – and the city's media – has about her abilities in order to capture an escapee from the Kryptonian prison, Fort Rozz. Also, Cat pressures James to use his connection to Superman to get her an interview with Supergirl, when SUPERGIRL moves to its regular time period, Monday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Can #Supergirl weather some super-blunders or will National City turn on their new hero? New Supergirl 11/2 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1LQPTs0

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Laura Benanti (Alura/Astra)

GUEST CAST:
    Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord)
    Justice Leak (Thief)
    Rich Ceraulo (Agent Hartmann)
    Preston James Hillier (Fire Chief)
    Justin Chu Cary (Guard #1)
    Frank Pacheco (Guard #2)
    Ron Bottitta (Doctor)
    Jay Jackson (Male Newscaster)
    Mike Owen (Thug)
    Avelena Wijesundera (Girl)
    Rey Valentin (Ricardo)
    Eric Steinberg (Commander Gor)

STORY BY: Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg
    TELEPLAY BY: Andrew Kreisberg and Ali Adler
    BASED ON: The Characters Appearing in the DC Comics

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

SUPERGIRL IS TARGETED BY ONE OF SUPERMAN'S ENEMIES, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, NOV. 9

Kara with "S" ice sculpture

Peter Facinelli Guest Stars as Tech Entrepreneur Maxwell Lord

"Fight or Flight" – Supergirl's powers are tested when Reactron, one of Superman's formidable enemies, arrives in National City and targets the young hero. Also, Cat plans to run an exposé on Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Peter Facinelli guest stars as tech entrepreneur Maxwell Lord.

CHEAT TWEET: Can Kara take down 1 of Superman's enemies? #Reactron attacks & @peterfacinelli guest stars! #Supergirl! 11/9 8pm ET/PM http://bit.ly/1GeVeXO

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST CAST:
    Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane)
    Chris Browning (Ben Krull/Reactron)
    Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez)
    Majeed Nami (Engineer #1)
    John Churchill (Engineer #2)
    Pilar Holland (Female Newscaster)
    Nischelle Turner (Morning Talk Show Host)
    Nerlyn Jean (Waitress)
    Joshua Triplett (Passenger)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Grassi and Rachel Shukert
    DIRECTED BY: Dermott Downs

6. Faylinn

I'm still enjoying the show. :D I love the relationship between Kara and her sister, and I like seeing Kara coming into her own as a hero.

I reeeeeally didn't want to get involved with shipping on this show, I really didn't. I know it's going to be an exercise in frustration, but I can't help wanting Kara and James to get together in the end. I am properly ashamed of myself. :p

Anyway, on a more serious note--I was looking up some of the characters, and I see that they're usually villains in the comics. I'm curious to see if they're getting a new story on Supergirl, or if they're going to become villains later on.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Tonight's episode of Supergirl has been changed: episode originally scheduled to air, "How Does She Do It? (#5), has been replaced with episode #4, "Livewire", which keeps them in chronological order.

KARA'S THANKSGIVING MAY BE RUINED WHEN HER FOSTER MOTHER COMES FOR A TENSE VISIT AND A VOLATILE CATCO EMPLOYEE IS TRANSFORMED INTO THE VILLAINOUS LIVEWIRE, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, NOV. 16

Editor's note: This replaces the previously scheduled episode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brit Morgan Guest Stars as Leslie Willis/Livewire and Helen Slater Guest Stars as Dr. Eliza Danvers, Kara's Foster Mother

"Livewire" – Kara's Thanksgiving may be ruined when she suspects her foster mother, Dr. Danvers (Helen Slater), who is coming to town, disapproves of her new role as a superhero. Also, when an accident transforms a volatile CatCo employee into the villainous Livewire, she targets Cat and Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Brit Morgan guest stars as Leslie Willis/Livewire and Helen Slater guest stars as Dr. Eliza Danvers, Kara's foster mother.

CHEAT TWEET: Will #Livewire ruin Kara's #Thanksgiving? The holidays R off to a 'shocking' start on #Supergirl! 11/16 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1LMRCeV

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Helen Slater (Dr. Eliza Danvers)
    Dean Cain (Dr. Jeremiah Danvers)
    Jordan Mazarati (Young Alex)

GUEST CAST:
    Brit Morgan (Leslie Willis/Livewire)
    Michael Mealor (Fratty Dude)
    Kevin Covais (High School Kid)
    Tom Waite (Pilot)

WRITTEN BY: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Caitlin Parrish
    DIRECTED BY: Kevin Tancharoen

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA IS PULLED IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS WHEN SHE BABYSITS CAT'S SON WHILE TRYING TO STOP A SERIES OF BOMBINGS, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, NOV. 23

Editor's note: The air date for this episode has changed.

Supergirl bursts through!

Levi Miller Guest Stars as Carter Grant, Cat's Son, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum Guest Stars as Lucy Lane

"How Does She Do It?" – Kara's two identities are stretched thin when Supergirl must protect National City from a series of bombings and Kara is tasked with babysitting Cat's son, Carter. Also, James is conflicted when his ex-girlfriend Lucy Lane seeks to rekindle their relationship, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Levi Miller guest stars as Carter Grant, Cat's son, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum guest stars as Lucy Lane.

CHEAT TWEET: It's adventures AND babysitting! Kara watches Cat's son while trying 2 stop a bomber! New #Supergirl! 11/23 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1Hermpq

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Rich Ceraulo (Agent Hartmann)

GUEST CAST:
    Levi Miller (Carter Grant)
    Scott Michael Campbell (Ethan Knox)
    Tristin Mays (Paulina)
    Carly Nykanen (Editor)
    Stephanie Czajkowski (Security Guard)
    Renee Pezzotta (Teacher)

WRITTEN BY: Yahlin Chang and Ted Sullivan
    DIRECTED BY: Thor Freudenthal

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

ANGER GETS THE BETTER OF KARA WHEN SHE GOES TOO FAR DURING A TRAINING EXERCISE WITH RED TORNADO, A MILITARY CYBORG COMMISSIONED BY LUCY LANE'S FATHER, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, NOV. 30

Supergirl battles Red Tornado!

Guest Stars Include Iddo Goldberg as Red Tornado and its Creator, Dr. Morrow; Joan Juliet Buck as Katherine Grant, Cat's Mother; and Glenn Morshower as General Sam Lane, Lucy's Father

"Red Faced" – Personal and professional stress get the better of Kara when she goes too far during a training exercise against Red Tornado, a military cyborg commissioned by Lucy Lane's father, General Sam Lane. Also, Cat's tough exterior is shaken by a visit from her judgmental mother, Katherine, and Alex enlists Winn to look into her father's mysterious death, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Iddo Goldberg as Red Tornado and its creator, Dr. Morrow; Joan Juliet Buck as Katherine Grant, Cat's mother; and Glenn Morshower as General Sam Lane, Lucy's father.

CHEAT TWEET: How does a stressed-out superhero blow off steam? #RedTornado is about 2 find out! New #Supergirl 11/30 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1lm8hgB

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST CAST:
    Iddo Goldberg (Dr. T.O. Morrow/Red Tornado)
    Glenn Morshower (General Sam Lane)
    Luke Macfarlane (Agent Donovan)
    Joan Juliet Buck (Katherine Grant)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Grassi and Rachel Shukert
    DIRECTED BY: Jesse Warn

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA AND HER FRIENDS MUST RELY ON THEIR INNER STRENGTH AND COURAGE WHEN AN EARTHQUAKE STRIKES NATIONAL CITY, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, DEC. 7

[​IMG] [​IMG]

"Human For a Day" – Kara and her friends must rely on their inner strength and courage when an earthquake strikes National City. Also, Alex's mistrust of Hank reaches a breaking point when the earthquake traps them in the DEO with Jemm (Charles Halford), a powerful alien escapee, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Kara is determined to help after an earthquake even tho she's lost her powers! #Supergirl 12/7 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1kDhhy4

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Luke Macfarlane (Agent Donovan)

GUEST CAST:
    Charles Halford (Jemm)
    Ashton Bingham (Senior Tech)
    David Lim (Agent Tsung)
    Ayo Sorrells (Agent Reynolds)
    Stephanie Arcila (Woman)
    Zhuair Haddad (Store Owner)
    Casey Strand (Reporter)
    Bryan Lugo (Looter)

WRITTEN BY: Yahlin Chang and Ted Sullivan
    DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA GOES TOE-TO-TOE WITH HER AUNT ASTRA WHEN SHE CHALLENGES KARA'S BELIEFS ABOUT HER MOTHER, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, DEC. 14

"Hostile Takeover" – Kara goes toe-to-toe with Astra when her aunt challenges Kara's beliefs about her mother. Also, Cat is threatened with being removed as the CEO of CatCo after a hacker exposes her private and damaging emails, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Dec. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Has Kara's aunt gotten in her head? It's #Supergirl vs Astra round 2! 12/14 8pm ET/PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1XwcwHK

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Eric Steinberg (Commander Gor)

GUEST CAST:
    Tristin Mays (Paulina)
    Jeannine Cota (KNOC Newscaster)
    Aaron Lustig (Lawyer #1)
    Rene Ashton (Lawyer #2)
    Chris Vance (Non)
    Dar Dixon (Board Member)
    Caseyu Strand (Reporter)
    Bryan Lugo (Looter)

WRITTEN BY: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Caitlin Parrish
    DIRECTED BY: Karen Gaviola

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA MUST FIND A WAY TO RESCUE HANK FROM ASTRA'S HUSBAND AS SHE TRIES TO REFUTE CAT'S ALLEGATIONS THAT SHE'S SUPERGIRL, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, JAN. 4

"Blood Bonds" – With Astra in captivity at the DEO, her husband, Non (Chris Vance), captures Hank, leading to a tense standoff between the two sides. Also, Kara continues to refute Cat's allegations that she is Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Jan. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Has Cat figured out Kara's secret? Can Supergirl defeat Non? New Year, new #Supergirl! 1/4 8pm ET/PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1QKvvJd

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Glenn Morshower (General Sam Lane)
    Chris Vance (Non)
    Robert Gant (Zor-El)

GUEST CAST:
    Christopher Showerman (Tor)
    Rey Hernandez (Commander)
    Ric Sarabia (Alien Soldier)
    Michael Albala (Scientist)
    Hope Lauren (Comatose Woman)

WRITTEN BY: Ted Sullivan and Derek Simon
    DIRECTED BY: Steve Shill
    Photos now available at http://cbspressexpress.com
    Official CBS Website: http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/SupergirlCBS
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/supergirlcbs
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/supergirlofficial

Cast on Twitter/Instagram:
    Melissa Benoist @MelissaBenoist
    Chyler Leigh @chy_leigh
    Mehcad Brooks @MehcadBrooks
    David Harewood @DavidHarewood
    Jeremy Jordan @JeremyMJordan

Producers on Twitter:
    Greg Berlanti @GBerlanti
    Ali Adler @AliAdler
    Andrew Kreisberg @AJKreisberg
    Sarah Schechter @Sarahsowitty

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA DOES HER BEST TO SUPPORT WINN WHEN HIS FATHER, THE SUPERVILLAIN TOYMAN, BREAKS OUT OF PRISON, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, JAN. 18

Editor's note: Please note the updated cast list.

"Childish Things" – Kara does her best to support Winn when his father, the supervillain Toyman, breaks out of prison and seeks out his son for unknown reasons. Also, Cat offers Lucy a job at CatCo and Alex asks Hank to use his powers to help uncover Maxwell Lord's plans, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Jan. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Henry Czerny guest stars as Winslow Schott, Sr., aka Toyman.

CHEAT TWEET: Can Kara keep Winn safe when his dad, the evil #Toyman escapes from jail? New #Supergirl 1/18 8pm ET/PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1OiyS4Z

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Tristin Mays (Paulina)

GUEST CAST:
    Chris Jai Alex (Guard #1)
    David Salsa (Guard #2)
    Henry Czerny (Winslow Schott, Sr./Toyman)
    Isaac Keys (Guard #3)
    Bruno Amato (Security Guard)
    Kavita Patil (Doctor)
    Scott Alan Smith (Chester Dunholtz)
    Emma Caulfield (Agent Cameron Chase)
    Hope Lauren (Comatose Woman)

STORY BY: Yahlin Chang
    TELEPLAY BY: Anna Musky-Goldwyn and James DeWille
    DIRECTED BY: Jamie Babbit

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA MUST HELP HANK BATTLE A MEMBER OF THE ALIEN RACE THAT WIPED OUT HIS PEOPLE, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, JAN. 25

"Strange Visitor From Another Planet" – Kara must help Hank face his painful past when a White Martian, a member of the alien race that wiped out his people, kidnaps Senator Miranda Crane (Tawny Cypress), an anti-alien politician. Also, Cat's estranged son, Adam (Blake Jenner), arrives in National City, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Will Hank get revenge when a member of the alien race that killed his people shows up? New #Supergirl 1/25 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1ZMHb1b

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST CAST:
    Tawny Cypress (Senator Miranda Crane)
    Blake Jenner (Adam)
    Frank Maharajh (Police Officer)
    Rebekeh Salgado (Mom)
    Rudy Marquez (Dad)
    Juan Martinez (Son)
    Jasmine Alveran (Daughter)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Grassi and Caitlin Parrish

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

KARA FACES OFF AGAINST HER MIRROR IMAGE WHEN A TWISTED VERSION OF SUPERGIRL SETS OUT TO DESTROY HER, ON "SUPERGIRL," MONDAY, FEB. 1

"Bizarro" – Kara faces off against her mirror image when Bizarro (Hope Lauren), a twisted version of Supergirl, sets out to destroy her. Also, Kara grows closer with Cat's son, Adam (Blake Jenner), on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Feb. 1 (8:02-9:01 PM) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Two Supergirls R not better than one when #Bizarro attacks! New #Supergirl 2/1 8:02pm ET/PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1ndVa28

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Blake Jenner (Adam)

GUEST CAST:
    Hope Lauren (Bizarro)
    Michael Albala (Doctor)