Summer Fan Art Gift Exchange 2010

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CSI_Kat, Jun 12, 2010.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Since the challenges are on hiatus we figured you all may want something else to do...

We've done a few of these before, and they've always been a lot of fun, and a big success, so we're bringing you another one :D

What is a fanart gift exchange?

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely.
    [example]: My favorite show is Miami, especially Ryan Wolfe. My favorite ship is Ryan/Greg. I also love Greg and Nick. I’m not a big fan of Horatio or Sara. Get the idea?

[3] I will keep an updated participants list at the end of this post. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can fix it.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s)

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
    If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Participant List:
    egeria
    fo_poozle
    Finch
    Mrs._Sanders
    GregNickRyanFan
    Adorable_Crazy
    Shazza_018
    Teddy_Bear_Dr.
    Dragonfly
    DetHiggins
    DJRideout
    Axelsonfire
    FallenForFlack
    Raynn
    Adzix
    BlindedBySmoke

I'll let you know later how long I'm leaving signups open. It depends on when they start to slow down ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Ooh I love these! I'm in!

Ok, my name is Egeria and I...oh..what? Oops...wrong speech :lol:

Well I'm a huge CSI:LV fan and Greg Sanders is my favourite character. I also love Nick, on his own, or with Greg. (I do ship N/G). Cath is cool too but I'm not a Ray fan. I love wallpapers, but don't really need icons as I rarely change mine. Ooh, ooh, I'd love some walls for my phone (sized 240 wide x 400 high) :D Is that enough? Or too much? :lol:

3. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

oh! i'm in too i love doing these.

i watch all three shows, my fave characters are nick, grissom and cath(las vegas); speedle and calleigh(miami) and i love all the characters on new york.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Awesome, I'm in. Since I still haven't gotten my Christmas stuff yet, I guess I'll have to hope for something this time around. :lol:

I watch Miami the most and my favourite characters are Horatio, Jesse and Speed. Icons, wallpapers and banners are all cool.

5. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

I'm in... last one was good :D

I'm mostly an LV fan... love every character on it... specially Greg Sanders... and for ships I like GSR, Wedges, Cath/Vartann (though I would have loved watching her with Warrick)... and I think that's it...

edit: my screen size is 1200x800... if you're going to send me wallpapers :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in.

Three of my favorite characters are in my screenname. Other than them I like Archie and Wendy on LV (together is fine too since I'm kind of a bit of an Arwen shipper lol). I also ship Cath/Vartann (and I really like Vartann). I liked Riley too and shipped her with Greg, so anything of them together is fine. I like Jesse, Valera, Dave and Jake (Miami). I ship Ryan/Valera and I kind of like the idea of Jesse/Cynthia (the QD girl). I love the "Three Musketeers" friendship (Jesse/Ryan/Walter). And the Nick/Greg friendship on LV. On NY I like Adam the most.

Not a fan of the GSR or E/C ships.

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, I am totally in. :D

Watch NY, ship Mac and Stella, my favourite characters are Adam and Sid, but I also love Flack and Hawkes. :D LV fan too (watched 'til Gil left), favourite characters are Gil and Cath, who I also ship, also a fan of Nick. :D

I'd love some 140x140 icons, love banners and walls too if you feel up to it (My screen size is 1280x800). :D

Thanks so much in advance. :D
    Steph.

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I'm in!

I love all three shows, and also most of the characters. Huge fan of Ryan. Also a Sandle (Sara/Greg) shipper! :) Not a fan of Grissom tho.

Not really fussed about what I want, go crazy there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'm in too, hopefully I have the time.

My favorites are:
    Nick
    Danny
    Flack
    Adam Ross

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Sign me up!

Let me see... I watch all three shows, and generally like the entire cast of each (exceptions being Sara, Natalia, and Lindsay). My favorite characters are Speed, Warrick, and Adam Ross. Favorite pairings are Speed/Eric and Nick/Warrick.

I love wallpapers (1280x800), because I have my computer set to use a different one every time I turn it on ;) But icons and banners are great too... whatever you want to make.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I did have a question, is there going to be a Misc exchange this year again?

12. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Oh, sign me up please :D

I really like CSI:NY. My favorite character is Mac and Hawkes but mostly Mac. I ship Mac/Stella. Besides that I'm not picky.

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Sign me up please! I never done this before, but thought I'd give it a shot.

LV viewer here. Don't watch Miami and haven't watched enough NY to be considered a proper fan. I'm a Hodges fan first, Wedges, and then the rest of the labrats. My fun pairing other then Wendy and Hodges??? Greg and Hodges. They make me giggle every time. Artwork??? Icons, Wallpapers, it doesn't matter....I love it all.

14. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I'm in :D

I love all three CSI's, but NY's my fave. Stella's my favourite character. I'm a HUGE Mac/Stella fan, so anything Mac/Stella is awesome. I love all the labrats from LV, Archie being my favourite. I'm also a fan of Alexx from CSI:Miami. I'm fine with anything :)

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm in!

Love CSI: Miami! Favorite characters: Tim "Speed" Speedle, Ryan Wolfe, Jake Berkely

And CSI: New York: Det. Don Flack

I don't do any pairings.

I like 140x140 icons, banners are great and so are wallpapers! Thanks!

Can't wait!