Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Cat, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Hi there everyone! I'm Cat and i'm your new moderator for Forensic Science. Just came from the hustle and bustle of General Tv & Media and i noticed that this forum is pretty dead. x.X
    So i'd like suggestions. What things would you like to talk about? What type of things would you like information about? Stuff like that. You can either reply to this, or pm (private message) me. Also, i noticed that the Welcome Message is REALLY old, so i will write a new one. But is there any information or links you would like me to include? I'm open to all suggestions so please don't be shy.
    -Cat :D

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I would like to learn more about the subjects that they talk about on CSI, because sometimes it's so fast that I miss the details of the scientific explanations...I think it would be interesting, don't you think so?

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Maybe links for forensic science stuffs? Tools, methods, etc...

4. OliverH

OliverH Victim

This is easy since a thread to that end already exists, it just hasn't been active for a while. Maybe Cat can make it sticky?

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

If ya'll don't mind, I'll go through the old threads and bring them back to life.

Cat, I thought I'd wait until I got approval from you to do this.

6. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

Maybe something about the different areas of forensic, like on thread on CSIs, on thread on toxicology...so on and so forth...??

7. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Well , forensicguy has his own site and it's devoted to just that. Also , we used to have a Forensics Game a while back.

8. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Ok, i've made the Forensic Sites thread sticky for ya. :D I've also brought up and made the Forensics Questions sticky.

Yeah, it's fine. However, please don't bring up things that are too old. But if you find them interesting, then i'm fine with it.

Sure, just let me know what you're interested in. Perhaps we could have an area of the month thread where we discuss a certain area...?

9. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

^^I like that idea Cat, that was all us wannabes can learn about the real forensics!

Hi, I'm a forum jumper, I stop by here occasionally but only recently started posting!

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Could someone revive the Forensics Trivia Game ?

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Why don't you post a new question.

12. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I want the game to be democratic so that we all have a chance.

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

They actually say it's my turn to post a question, and have no idea what to put as a question. Therefor I hereby give you my full consent and encourgment to post a new question.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i know there are a few people in forensics here, but the majority of us are not. im in science and genetics but the questions some people post are way beyond me, i have no idea. so i think a lot of people just look at the question, dont understand it at all, and leave. just some of my observations

15. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but how about a simple Forensics Dictionary thread? So we could look up the terms that they use on the show.