Stella and Adam

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by danny♥is♥hot, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SmackedFan1693

SmackedFan1693 Victim

Re: Stella and.......

Okay I give, you make a good point! I can't deny that!

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Although incest was a poor choice of words I am guessing the point trying to be made was because they try to portray Stella as everyones "Big sister". And she does seem to have a few years on Adam. To me putting her with Adam makes as much sense as putting her with Sid!:lol: It would have been abit more beliveable if it were Flack or Hawkes. And it would seem they are trying to suggest Flack and Stella are finding there comfort in the oppisite sex.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

And the point I was trying to make is all of the core characters are like a family so to single out Adam/Stella as being wrong for that reason doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If they're too much like family then all of the core characters are too much like family to pair up, IMO.

4. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

I'm definitely a minority but I haven't thought they are like family. Yeah, Stella has caring personality and Adam has a crush for her but they don't seem anything other than co-workers to me. So I think that Stella using his weakness makes her human. Sometimes Stella(and Mac) looks so superior to anyone else and that annoys me.

Mac and Stella look like a good friends but I don' feel any romantic atmosphere for them. Why, good friends sometimes can give advice and hug. ;)

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I understand.I thought I remember reading an article indicating TPTB were wanting to take us into that direction.But this comes across as hitting on the youngest "brother" instead of the older... Yuck this all makes me sick!!:lol:

6. SmackedFan1693

SmackedFan1693 Victim

Okay I'm sorry I know you were just giving an example and you have a point, putting her with Adam makes about as much sense as putting her with Sid, but that gave me a mental image from hell!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

If it had been Stella & Mac together it would have been more believeable but Adam and Stella was hard to believe I stil can't get my around the thought of them sleeping together. I only hope they don't continue with the storyline and thaat it is just a one time only thing.

8. SmackedFan1693

SmackedFan1693 Victim

No kidding! Ugh Mac and Stella would have been a lot more believable!

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I disagree with some of you. Mac and Stella would NOT be more believable. I have always thought that they are just very, very good friends. I cannot imagine them as a couple, or having an one night stand.

Adam and Stella were more believable. Not only because Adam had a crush on her. I recall some episodes from season 5, where they seemed to like each other somehow. I just know that this includes the 15th episode, in the end when Adam and Stella are leaving the police station after the meeting with the young little boy. Where Stella wanted to say something to Adam, but did let him go. And in that episode (again, in the end) when they did look up how many other who live in New York who share their (and their colleagues) names. They seemed to have really fun there. So it wasn't surprising to see Adam and Stella having a one night stand. Not for me.

Ok, I am tired at the moment. But hopefully someone understand what I am talking about.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

The kind of affection Stella showed towards Adam has been the one from the big-sis to the lil brother. She has been protector to him, a mentor, if you want to use that word. But romantic????? No way!
    On the other hand you have Mac and Stella who have showed not only the special closeness that leads to a relationship but also the chemistry and even their private conversations have showed that

11. PerfectAnomaly

I disagree. To me Mac and Stella have much more of a brother/sister relationship than Adam and Stella ever have. I find it much more believable that Stella could fall for someone like Adam before she'd ever even think about falling for someone like Mac. Mac and Stella definitely have chemistry, but IMO it's not the kind that will lead to a romantic realationship where the chemistry Adam and Stella have could lead somewhere romantic even if it's unexpected at first.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

if they had a brother and sister relationship they hadn't felt any "akward" feeling every time they shared some closeness (1.23) and she wouldn't have acted "jealous" when Quinn appeared (4.17) or he wouldn't have made any comment about having Horatio on speed dialing (Manhattan Manhunt)

It would have been just like it is her relationship with Don or Sheldon or his relationship with Lindsay (REAL brother-sister relationships)

With Adam she was the protector, the big sister, caring, loving.

I don't know what took Stella to Adam's bed (and it's not i am thrilled to know either:rolleyes:) Actually it's one of those moments when i wish The Black Hole of Continuity did exist:lol:

13. PerfectAnomaly

This is all up to interpretation of subtext. It is not the established canon about their relationship. I personally don't think they act any different than siblings do. They are close, but they fight and they are able to call each other on their bullshit. IMO Stella did not act "jealous" of Quinn and to say she did undermines her character. Stella is above that kind of behavior, especially when she is only close friends and co-workers with Mac and they are NOT romantically involved. I don't remember the comment about Horatio, but again, just because he makes a comment to Stella doesn't indicate any jelousy or anything other than friends and co-workers interacting.

I don't see the other people having sibling relationships except maybe Flack and Danny. The other people are friends and co-workers to Mac and Stella just like they are to each other.

Being caring, protective and and loving are all signs of a romantic connection. I see nothing "motherly" or "sisterly" about the way Stella has interacted with Adam. And now they've slept together, so it's established in canon that they do NOT have that type of relationship.

And I hope it continues and they follow up with it.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ouch, you're killing me! :lol:

BTW, Stella/Sid would have been hot if he wasn't married. Just sayin'. Quirky coroners need lovin' too. :devil:

[/tangent]

15. PerfectAnomaly

Well, it's sibling like in canon, but in subtext it's definitely something different. :devil:

Stella/Sid would be wonderful. They have some quirky, sexy chemistry. :devil: