Stella and Adam

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by danny♥is♥hot, Sep 24, 2009.

1. danny♥is♥hot

danny♥is♥hot Civilian

Ok, i love adam and all but stella and adam?! really?? I was really shooting for stella and mac......its just weird...

2. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

Re: Stella and.......

same here, i've seen the promo and melina's interview.
    i haven't watched the episode yet, but when i do... if it's true: i'm saying "bye" because TPTB are way outta line!

3. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

Same here. I've been rooting for Mac & Stella since season 1 and it feels like a slap in the face to have Stella hook up with someone else from the main cast.

I'll be happy of the writers never mention the Adam/Stella thing ever again. I'd be glad to wipe that off my memory.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  4. dannicalliope

dannicalliope Victim

well, it looks like Stella and Adam both agreed it should never happen again, which relieved me very much! those guys are all wrong for each other, if Stella is going to get with anyone in the cast, it should be Mac.

And even though I am Stella's biggest fan, my respect for her went down a few notches after that little segment. Really? What was she thinking?

5. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

I'm guessing that after almost getting shot that she wanted to live a little. Luckily for her, Adam seemed to be on the same page about what their one night stand was and the both of them remained professional about it throughout the episode so Stella's character didn't really go down in my books...that is if the one night stand remains a one night stand.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i thought adam looked like he was going to suggest a repeat performance. also when people in tv shows/films etc have sex and then say it must never happen again, well, it always does.... maybe this will be the exception? i hope so!!

7. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I really don't hate the idea that much. I think it would be interesting to see how they develop this. I'll be very disappointed if they only show it/the consequences this one time. I think it's completely pointless to make something like this only to give it a 1½ minute runtime. I'm pretty sure we're going to hear from it again..

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i didn't hate it in the show as much as i expected to - but then i don't know if i'd want to see it again either. i guess i'm just a bit ambivalent about the whole thing. i think you're right tho - they've made such a big thing about it in promos and stuff, they wouldn't do that for something that's a flashback and a 1 minute conversation.

9. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

for me I think it will hunt her. if sopmetime or somewhere it gets out in public she will always be the one that slept with her subordinate. I don't know if you guys are working or not but it can destroy your carrier and look bad, even if it is natural and human the other will never see it that way.
    Adams feeling might get hurt or are already but her position for me is much much much worse. Guilt and regrets are not good company.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm ambivalent about the storyline at this point. I think it has potential to be done well, but it also has the potential to be a big disaster. Ultimately, I think another pairing between major characters is unnecessary, but when push comes to shove, the writing and acting can still sell it for me. Time will tell.

Without any more information than we've seen, we really have no idea how they ended up sleeping together - and honestly, I don't think we've seen the last of it. If it doesn't come up at some point down the line, it was a waste of time to introduce the storyline to begin with.

For the record, if Stella sleeping with Adam is a horrible idea, her sleeping with Mac would be even worse IMO. Both pairings involve a character and his/her subordinate, but Mac is also in charge of the whole lab.

11. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I'm very pleased with it. Not only have I been pulling for them for about a year, but I think it could work very well. But, then again I've always wanted Mac for myself, so I guess I'ma bit biased. I dunno, I like the whole Adam/Stella thing.

12. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

I think my eyes pop-out in shock seeing that particular scene....

13. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

How do you figure that it would be worse? Mac may be the boss of the lab, but he treats Stella as the closest thing to an equal and even more than that, they've had a 10 year friendship and he has let her get away with a quite a few things that the rest of the team wouldn't have been able to. Mac and Stella have been on much more equal footing than Adam and Stella.

The reason you see so much backlash against Stella sleeping with Adam of all people is not necessarily because of the professional angle of boss/subordinate but rather because the audience has known for a while now that Adam has had a crush on Stella while on Stella's side, we've mostly seen her almost mothering Adam without showing any indication that she reciprocated his crush, thus making it look like she's taking advantage of his crush to make herself feel better and that cannot end well in any scenario.

The boss/subordinate angle will only make matters worse, whether it's on Adam's side because he'll feel used personally and professionally or on Stella's side because it not being as serious a fling to her and messing up Adam's feelings will eventually end up interfering with their work dynamic and word of the one night stand will get out and interfere with her career.

A boss and a subordinate can date without it ever causing problems if they're on the same page emotionally, but if there is an emotional imbalance, someone always gets hurt in the end and ultimately, the boss is held responsible for all the relationships he/she enters with his/her subordinates. Stella would be blind not to know that Adam has always had a crush on her and therefore, having a fling with him, as human as it can be, is playing with fire.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

True enough. However, being very close friends and colleagues doesn't imply that a romantic relationship would be a wise move. The "imbalance" between Stella and Adam is valid, of course, but just because it seems like Stella and Mac are on more equal footing doesn't mean them suddenly having a relationship is automatically a good idea. It's not automatically a bad one either, but not every set of friends is cut out to be lovers.

It has been mentioned (although not as much in this thread) about Adam being Stella's subordinate, which is why I said that. It's true that it's not the only aspect to things, but it is part of the discussion.

In any case, we're all working from what we think happened between Stella and Adam. Until we have some kind of confirmation, it's not fair to assume that Stella used or took advantage of Adam (whether intentionally or without meaning to do so). We're going off of a few little scenes and what we saw between them in the past (when things were undoubtedly different - the premiere seemed determined to show just how *different* things, and characters, are now). Maybe what we think happened is right, but maybe it's not. We simply don't have the whole story.

For all we know, in the few short weeks since the finale, Adam and Stella have interacted on a much more 'equal' level, at least in a personal, off-the-clock capacity, and such interaction caused Stella to look at him as the good, caring man he is rather than the younger, slightly dorky coworker she was used to seeing him as. Or maybe nothing changed and they just sort of fell into bed together. Or maybe they entered into the relationship knowing full well that it wasn't an 'equal' situation but more of the older, mature, experienced individual with the more carefree, young spirit - and maybe that's exactly why it was appealing. Like they were both looking for something the other provided, and if that was what they needed at the time, who's to say it was a bad idea but them, you know? Stella has a good head on her shoulders, and despite being stern about what the relationship was - and wasn't - she seemed anything but ashamed. And while it's true that Adam (or Stella) might get hurt, it's also possible that he (or she) won't get hurt. We'll only know that as time goes on. Right now, all we know is that they had a good time together and don't regret it - but don't plan to continue the relationship. (Planning is one thing, but we'll see how that goes. ;))

:)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  15. Natalie

Natalie Victim

I swear if Adam and Stella become a couple I will never never never watch csi ny again I mean come on are these writer insane or are they still on strike or some thing.:confused:
    come on Adam and Stella are going to stay together at as a couple at lest I have csi Miami to hold on to.