Social dilemma

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hardline Pro, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

So there is this girl in my study hall who I have been kind of eying for the past few weeks. And she is kinda cute. But she always is sitting alone and just seemed very lonely, kind of like myself! So today I finally decided to grow a pair and went to sit with her. She was doing some homework and then we started chatting about school, teachers, etc and she was actually really nice and we actually had a pretty decent conversation if I do say so myself.

But here is the problem, she is a freshman...and...well...I'm a senior. So I am going to be 18 and she's only 14. Now I absolutely had no intentions of trying to hit on her or anything like that. I was simply trying to be friendly. I don't want anyone to think I am a creep or a pedo trying to get with younger girls, but given that this is high school, it is inevitable because so many people are judgmental.

I told her I was a senior and she didn't really say anything, but she could be thinking anything as well. I am really not trying to be romantic or anything like that. I would never date a girl that young, for many reasons. I have never even had a girlfriend in my entire 17 years on earth. I simply wanted to be friendly, but I talked to some of my guy friends and they think that it's kind of creepy that I would be talking to a girl that young. So I am kind of hesitant to talk to her again (we don't have study again until Monday) but at the same time I think it would be extremely rude to not sit with her again and leave her all alone.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Hopefully someone else will respond as well but maybe you can tell her how you feel and see how she feels about it.

When I was your age, I didn't have any boyfriends either, in fact I'm already 36 and I still don't have one.