Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, May 30, 2012.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Good question. Btw, Hill tweeted that if NY comes back, he will come back. I even read that Megan Dodds has gone on another show playing the wife of John Stamos' character. Grant it, they didn't use her very much and didn't care for how they used her.

I do agree though, I hate the waiting.

When did Adam say that?

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What didnt you like about how she was used? Im just curious.
    If you mean the crossover,yeah,Im with you there.

And I wish I could remember when he said that.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Didn't realize he said that. Maybe it was when he thought the truck was stolen... LOL

I kinda think they could have introduced her better when we first met her. Not sure it'd make a difference but they didn't do that in the past but they didn't do that for Lindsay when she came on. Same for Adam and Sid and Jo.

I just think they could have shown her a bit more, I don't think she was in that many episodes this year. I just don't feel like I know her very well. LOL

4. MacsGirlMel

Yeah,that's true,we could have.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

THey could have shown her more but then there would be the problem of showing her too much.
    It's a fine line on many crime shows and sadly many times I've seen relationships turn a crime show into a soap opera.

6. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

From some of the media sites are saying its a given that Golden Boy & Vegas will get the ax. Also on the shopping block is (sad to say) CSI: NY; The Good Wife ( still not sure why that is still around) and The Mentalist. Any of them could go.

Just one more season of CSI: NY.... please...

If GB does get the ax it will not suprise me one bit. Looking at the numbers last week NCIS had a viewer ship of 20 where after that the numbers were cut in half for GB.

Just something to chew on.

7. MacsGirlMel

The only thing I can think is that they keep looking at the ratings...but they were kinda up and down all season, not all bad. Probably still not what would give them more confidence though.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Well if they are just purely going off of ratings then Vegas, good wife and golden boy should have be filed in the dumpster. :) Not CSI: NY.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Sorry but it looks like CSI: NY is getting the can. It cheated death 3 times and I don't think it will cheat death a 4th. CBS just renewed NCIS: Los Angeles, Person of Interest, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, The Mentalist, Blue Bloods and The Good Wife but not CSI: NY.

Sad that they totally dropped the storyline of Mac's fading memory.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I think NY's time is finally up. That said, they haven't officially announced a cancellation, so I'm going to maintain just a little bit of hope. NY, Vegas and Golden Boy haven't been renewed, but it's always possible that the network could keep one. It'll probably depend on the pilots they decide to pick up.

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I hate to say but upon reading the news of the shows including "The Good Wife" and "Mentalist" being renewed, I believe that CSI:NY is going into retirement. :( I feel very sad although I have to say that it's had a run that the vast majority, at least 95 percent of all shows (Correct me if I'm wrong on percent) would envy to have.

I thank Sinise, Belknap, Giovinazzo (Shame on him for his DUI though), Buckley, Sela Ward, and yes, I've long forgiven Kanakaredes now and have for the most part moved on from her absence now that she returned in a great movie called "Snitch". Even Emmanuelle Vaugier and Vanessa Ferlito for their great roles on this show.

May all of them have continued success and joy beyond just this one show. I would love to even see both Kanakaredes, AND Ward on a show together. :)

I only see a 10% percent chance at best of a season 10, and if this is truly it, which I now think it is, I have to say that CSI:NY, for being a second spin-off had a fantastic, even if at times bumpy run and has left it's mark on my life.

May it Rest in Peace in retirement.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah. I'm glad they had him ask her to marry him as a send off.

I have to admit, I knew they were going to drop that fading memory, so it didn't surprise me but I'm sad they dropped it like that.

13. MacsGirlMel

I still say we cant just say it's over until it actually is. We dont know what theyll decide.

I agree about the memory story. They dropped it like the Danny story in season 6

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

We don't know what they'll decide but I sadly have to believe that the ninth season of CSI NY will be its last.
    Nine seasons is nothing to sneeze at and considering they almost didn't bring it back for that extra season,I'm grateful for that.

15. MacsGirlMel

I think we should me more optimistic while we can.