Role Play Rules: All Posters Please Read (UPDATED 7/23)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by LadySaraButterfly, Jul 6, 2006.

1. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

Re: Role Play Issues: All Posters Please Read

I gotta admit again I'm not as heartbroken and Mad as I thought I would be
    I think its mainly because for me BECAUSE of the no auditions thing I've gotten some pretty crummy Nicks who either do one liners or do him OOC (very few of my Nicks have been good and most of the good ones know who they are)
    seriously Life goes on *shrugs*

2. Zan1781

Zan1781 Coroner

PMs work well, I've found... I PMd Sissi earlier today, and we chatted for a little while. I promise you, if you PM her with any concerns/issues/etc, she'll get back to you right away :). I raised some of the concerns that I had after hearing the news, suggested some things, and we went from there. She's pretty open, though, really!

But try PMing. Like I said, she's pretty open to communication!

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree, She really is.

4. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

I was kinda... shocked at first. But I guess I sort of understand now... well sometimes changes are hard to accept, so maybe we should give it a shot first. :)

PS: Thnx sissi for all the positivity cookies :D

5. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

I understand the rules that are made. I really do. The only RP I'm in right now is going pretty good and it's too bad that we have to put an end to it, since we're not very far yet, but I do see why this rules are made. And now 2 RP for each show and 4 weeks? I think it'll be fine. Just give it a try before saying it's unfair. Okay, I'm done. *ducks*

6. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Waouh guys, i'm glad to see less hostility towards the new rules lol let's give it a shot and if it doesn't work, other rules will be made.
    Anyway thank you and to the others if you wanna PM me about the rules, feel free to do it, i will try to answer your questions.

PS: you are welcome Silhouette :D

7. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

sissi, I was wondering how the audition works... is it like auditioning for a part in a play, like you're given a chance to write a paragraph or two in your character's voice? Or by voting? Or...?

I was just wondering :)

8. sissi59100

well i was thinking about that: i'm for a more personal approch; see what i'm gonna ask is why you wanna play that character, why that character is so special (why this one and not another one), what do you like on that character and if you couldn't get that character, which one would you like to play. This way i will know your thoughts about that character .

For example: The RP is Snickers and Yobling:you wanna play Sara, you send me a PM with what i asked and at the end you tell me that if you can't play Sara, you will be happy to play Greg. Well if you don't have Sara, the role of Greg will be for you.
    If the RP is Snicker and Yobling: Sara, Nick, Catherine and Warrick will be auditioned. The others characters like Greg, Grissom, Brass, Hodges, those needed on the story will be free, just ask which one you want and you get it. The purpose of the audition isn't to test you and your language: you can be quite good with the english language but be more enthusiast then the others....That's what will make the difference. Of course , if someone plays a main character one time, that person will let the chance to the others who wanna play the same character. There are plenty of characters on the three CSI shows and playing differents characters allow you to learn more about the characters themselves.

I hope i wasn't confused ;)

Sissi

9. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Oh thank God. I thought I'm gonna be back to English class :lol: Really English isn't my first language so it won't be perfect.

Thanks sissi. :) I was about to PM you but I thought better I ask here, so if maybe someone else is wondering too they could get their answer.

10. sissi59100

lol No problem ;) I'm here to answer everyone's questions, that's the purpose of that thread.
    Don't worry about the language, there is no way i would judge your english since it's not my first language too :lol: Don't worry about that.
    If you have any other question, you know where to find me :)

Sissi

11. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Okay, 2 rps per show and 4 weeks makes it better, but I'm still a little upset about some of the good rps that just started. Within a two week time period, you can't get too far in a rp without jumping forward. I will probably still rp here, but minimally. Mainly because (I just forgot my point.....lol) I have other places to rp and can give other people a chance.

12. sissi59100

Well i said the RPs will be closed HERE, on fanfiction but you can move them to your own website, like most of you have proposed yesterday...You can continue your RP on another website.

13. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

been taken care of.........the one I was thinking of was already moved before I even thought about it lol o_O

14. sissi59100

lol well now there is no problem :)

If you guys have any questions, just post it, but if it's more personal, PM me ;)

Oh and before i forget i just noticed a question by Hestia: the RPs rules are only for RPs , it has nothing to do with the fanfictions. As long as the writers stay under the PG-13 meter, that's fine for me :D

Sissi

15. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

Okay, I get all that, and although I don't agree with all the rules, I'm willing to keep my mouth shut until I see what happens, but what if said person really adores a character and, well let me just ask it like this: Let's say PersonX adores Sara, practically worships the girl, and in her PM to you she gives all the right answers about why she wants to play her, so she gets the role. But the RP starts, and low and behold, the chick can't write worth a lick. What happens then? Especially since it's a main character and the RP is focused around them? Is that were the alternate comes in or what? Because if the person can't write, then that diminishes the quality of the entire roleplay. And I'm talking extremes here, like turning Sara into a giggling teenybopper, not just a missed comma or minor spelling error.

I guess what I'm saying is this: you can love a specific character, know all their trivia and personality tics and still write them OOC. If you're going to audition someone for the role, then have them do an audition, not an interview. I think the paragraph thing mentioned by Silhouette is a good idea. Why not have people do both? That way, you can get a good idea of how they feel about the character and if they can write them.