My Puzzle Of Dreams ( Ryan Wolfe Ficlet )

Kaunis Mies

Pathologist
Title : My Puzzle Of Dreams
Pairing : Ryan & Claire ( eventually )
Rating : PG-13
Others in Fic : Miami team
Summary : Ryan on a path to hell but that changes when someone changes his views on life but will Ryan take the chance?

Chapter One - Am I The Only One?

Ryan Wolfe was on a trail of hell and he owed money to dealers over Miami but Ryan didnt have the money but the dealers were not having any of it and had beaten Ryan up for not having money to pay what he owed them and it caused so much heartbreak for Ryan who didnt know what to do or who to turn to for help and decided to face it alone without anyone knowing about his trauma of debt as Ryan thought he could handle it alone but secretly knew that he couldnt keep doing it alone..

Ryan was scared about what could happen next to him unaware that someone was gonna change his life and Ryan was down by the beach when someone speaks " I saw what happened to you and seriously you didnt deserve that " and Ryan looks up and sees a girl stood there and Ryan replies " It has nothing to do with you " and then the girl tells Ryan " I was only trying to help you but hey if you think that you can do this alone that's fine" then the girl walks away from Ryan who was starting to regret the way he acted and looked around but couldnt see her anywhere..

Claire was annoyed with the way he spoke to her like she was dirt and Claire decided to move on and forget about the guy at the beach but found it wasnt easy and kept trying to stop herself from hearing his cold words when she spoke to him and thought it was best to let him be to deal with it by himself and Claire realised that she had a link at the Miami Dade Crime Lab and decided to use it and went to the lab and spoke with Horatio Caine and explained about what she had seen happening to Ryan and Horatio tells Claire " Thank you for informing me about this " and Claire nods unaware that Ryan had seen her talking to Horatio in his office..

Ryan wondered what was going on until Horatio spoke with Ryan about the problem and Ryan told Horatio everything and Horatio tells Ryan " Claire was only trying to help when you shot her down like that and it wasnt nice what you said to her" and Ryan realised that he'd been a total jerk to Claire and knew that he had to say sorry to Claire but didnt know where to find her and it was over a month before Ryan found Claire and it was in a pub where there was a music night on and Ryan and the team went there when Ryan saw Claire up on stage with her friends performing some songs and one of the songs struck a chord with Ryan which made him even more eager to say sorry to Claire..

Will Claire allow Ryan to say sorry for that night at the beach?? Will they ever get together or has Ryan blown his only chance??

Last edited by a moderator:
August 8th:

re-opening this thread for the PG-13 version of the fic. :)

====
Aug 4th:

All fics posted on this site have to be rated PG-13 or below. NC-17 fics are not allowed.

Just a friendly reminder. Keep the stories clean. I'm minding the shop for a bit here and I really won't be happy if I see what is explicit sex scenes. That is something that is not supposed to be happening and I'm getting reports that it is.

Keep things PG-13. Which means, you're not having graphic makeout scenes.

Thanks for your cooperation.
in the thread titled All Posters Read This

Please make sure to keep your stories at PG-13, PG, G in rating. Please do not post "M" / NC-17 rated fics or links to "M" / NC-17 rated fics here. We have some very young members at this site. If you have an "M" /NC-17 rated fic at fanfic.net, please only post a link to your fanfic.net profile in the "Fanfic Showcase/Recommendation" thread. Do not post the link to the actual fic. And please don't forget to note (when posting the link to your profile) that the fic is rated "M" / NC-17.
From the thread titled Friendly Reminder - All Read!

I'm going to close this thread.
=====

Last edited:
Chapter Two - What Hurts The Most

Ryan was shocked to hear Claire singing and Ryan realised that he had to say sorry but wasnt sure if Claire would allow it after what happened over a month ago and Ryan found Claire out the back and then Ryan speaks " I'm sorry for the way i acted to you over a month ago" and Claire turns around to find him there and tells him " It was nasty and all i was trying to do was help you but i guess that i was wrong about that huh" and Ryan admits " I was going through a hard time and i didnt mean to take it out on you and i'm so sorry for what i said to you and i hope that you will forgive me" and Claire realises that Ryan's truly sorry and walks over and whispers " It's ok but just dont do it again"..

Claire tells Ryan " I'm Claire and i know that Horatio spoke with you at the lab after i left and i was only trying to help you out" and Ryan tells Claire " I know that you were doing what was right and Horatio sorted everything with the dealers but i dont know how he managed it Claire" then Claire tells Ryan " Horatio sorted them and i helped out too which surprised Horatio and it's over and done with Ryan"..

Ryan smiles at Claire who tells Ryan " I'm going back home for a while to recharge and spend time with my family" and Ryan leans into Claire and gives her a mouth-watering kiss and Claire responds to the kiss with Ryan who then takes Claire back to his condo where things get passionate between them and Ryan leads Claire up to his bedroom and Ryan pulls Claire onto the bed and kisses her passionately while Claire touches Ryan's skin and they get undressed and under the covers and Ryan asks " You wanna do this?" and so Claire tells Ryan " Of course i do and i want it to be special for us" and Ryan nods and things get steamy and afterwards Ryan snuggles into Claire who rolls over and leans on Ryan's bare chest and so Ryan asks " When are you going back home?" and Claire tells Ryan " In a couple of days time" and Ryan sighs contently and admits " I'll miss you so much" then Claire tells Ryan " I'll miss you too"..

Ryan gave Claire his cell phone number and then Claire heads back home to Aspen but Ryan gives Claire a kiss beforehand and Ryan sniffles sadly that Claire had left and for Ryan it was gonna be hard without Claire who had also given Ryan her number the night before and Ryan knew that he would miss Claire so much with all his heart and Ryan hoped that he would get the chance to see Claire again..

Will Ryan ever see Claire again??

Chapter Three - No Other Love

( Two and a half months later )

Claire had headed back to Aspen and began to really miss Ryan and all Claire wanted was to see Ryan again but decided not to and Claire had discovered that she was almost three months pregnant with Ryan's child and for Claire it was a massive shock and it made Claire think back to that night and realised that nothing was used and now Claire was pregnant but Claire didnt blame Ryan and it wasnt planned and Claire decided to keep Ryan's baby but didnt know if Ryan would feel the same way about it..

Ryan had no idea that Claire was pregnant with his child and Ryan kept thinking about Claire a lot and hoped that she was ok back home with her family in Aspen and Claire's mom asked " You feeling ok?" and Claire admits to her mom " I'm pregnant " which doesnt go down too well with her mom who slaps Claire and asks " Do you know who the father is?" to which Claire replies " Of course i do and Ryan's the father " to which Claire's mom asks " Who's Ryan?" and Claire tells her mom " Ryan's a CSI for the MDPD"..

Claire's mom wasnt too happy that Claire was pregnant and told Claire " Get rid of it" but Claire shouts back " No fucking way " and Claire decides to go back to Miami and be with Ryan and a few days later Claire found herself back in Miami and heading for the MDPD and saw Ryan with some reporter and Claire sighs and walks away but Ryan saw Claire walk away and Ryan cursed at himself for what happened and ran after Claire who was just leaning up against a lamppost with her hand resting on her bump when Ryan asks " Why did you come back?" to which Claire admits " I came back cos i missed you but seems like you didnt miss me judging by what i saw back there and fyi i'm pregnant but i dont know if i can ever trust you"..

Claire walks away from Ryan who was in shock that Claire was pregnant with his child and Ryan sits down on the kerb and cries about his baby and then Ryan confides in Alexx who tells Ryan " Make it up to Claire if you want to be a part of your baby's life " and Ryan nods then decides to try and find Claire who had made her way to Horatio's and was inside talking with Horatio who was comforting Claire and then Horatio kissed Claire who responded to Horatio's kiss and Horatio lead Claire to his bedroom and they ended up in bed together and Horatio asks " How far gone are you?" and so Claire tells Horatio " Almost three months why?" and Horatio replied " Just wondered that's all" and Claire stayed in close to Horatio who then asked " Will you be with me?" and Claire tells Horatio " Sure of course i'll be with you" which makes Horatio happy and they seal their relationship with a kiss..

How will Ryan feel when he finds out about Claire and Horatio being together??

Chapter Four - Long Road Back

Claire and Horatio had gotten together and Ryan had no idea that Claire was dating his boss who had decided not to reveal their relationship to anyone in the team and Claire went for the scan and took Horatio with her and everything went well and Claire asked Horatio to pass a scan pic on to Ryan of his child and Horatio agreed to do that and Horatio found Ryan in the breakroom and passed the pic and told him " Claire wanted you to have this pic of the scan"..

Ryan took the pic and looked at the photo of his unborn child and asked Horatio " Why did Claire ask you to give it to me?" and Horatio replies to Ryan " Claire asked me to give you that pic as she didnt wanna see you not after what she saw" and Ryan realises that Horatio's right and after shift was over, Horatio heads home to his beach house and notices that Claire is outside and Horatio goes outside and wraps both arms around Claire and softly kisses her neck and Claire leans back into Horatio's embrace unaware that Ryan had seen it..

A month later Ryan confronted Horatio and tells him " I know about you and Claire being together and i'm not happy about it" and Horatio replies " Tough as i love Claire and she loves me too and just let Claire live her life with me and the baby" to which Ryan shouts back " No fucking way am i letting my unborn child have you for a dad" and Claire appears who tells Ryan " Listen to me closely and Horatio's gonna be there whether you like it or not and i love him so much so please just let it go and stop trying to ruin my relationship with Horatio as i dont need stress right now" and Claire stays in close to Horatio..

Will Claire ever realise that Ryan's the right one before it's too late??

I like reading fanfic now and then, but I always couch it in the context that the writing staff might actually want to pitch this to the producers.

With that in mind, a few problems here:

1. The "f-word" would never make it on air, not even close. Not in character for either Wolfe or Caine.

2. The "Horatio fathered an illegitimate child" has already been done with Kyle. Producers would likely not want to bring that lemming up again.

3. The premise seems to violate the crown assumption of CSIM, that Caine is the intellectual, managerial and moral superior of everyone else in the lab. True, he's tortured suspects, murdered suspects, went to Brazil lol...yet he always remains the top moral dog in the CSI crime lab, aka the FAA Federal Credit Union in Hawthorne, CA. He could never stoop to stealing one of his subordinates' lovers, much less knocking them up. I don't know who replaced Stetler in IAB, but he would be on that like white on rice. And how would any of this fit into the context of a crime scene? Would they have words? Would someone be reprimanded? And how many episodes would it take to flesh out this kind of thing? You certainly couldn't do it in one hour...would the producers be willing to devote 4 or 5 episodes to this? I just don't think so.

But creativity is always cool, so thanks for the idea.

For this fic - I've had the idea floating around for a long time and i know it wouldnt be on air but i have thought about this fic and i just wanted to try something different for a change and i had even thought of some more ideas after watching some dark moody stuff over recent nights and i'm using them in this fic but keeping it clean on here but i do have the dark version somewhere else

Oh I was actually reading this but forgot to say a word on here. But I guess you noticed it on other forum:) Though I can't say I expected it rolling my way (that first chapter, first half of first chap was sooo close to what I once almost wrote...). But ok I can't wish everyone writing the way I like it. (yeah ppl are differen DUH!:lol:)

About dark themes I better not suggest to read certain person's fanfics *pointing finger on myself*
It's actually not that hard. You just need a bit of "Drama Queen" inside you and the secret passion of enjoying seeing hurt people (few certain ppl actually) on tv...
(For example my tragic hero version of Ryan Wolfe on that Miami role play)

Ok I start to feel I banter too much already. (yeah I do that alot and try to make it less putting it onto writing)

Btw my previous dream fic hasn't lost. I'm still on it. Though not last month. So I suppose it'll be online only when I finally have money for laptop or I'll get hands/and software for my cousin's pc she was so sweet to give as a gift (deleting everything apart skype and photoshot out of it)

Back