Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Heck I would buy the whole season seven DVD set just for THAT!!!...Or anything related to Mac and Stella for that matter!:thumbsup:

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

You know, even with all the happened, this thread remains alive and well. Hell, as of this writing, it is at page 41 on Thread 19! 19 threads devoted to Mac/Stella. Already, the Mac/Peyton and Mac/Aubrey threads have long since fallen off into the history books and mostly forgotten.

I seriously have not seen many other pairings make it this far. It shows how devoted we are to Mac & Stella, even with the latter's absence. Truly remarkable! Although a ways off still, let's aim for Thread # 20!

3. Nirce

Nirce Hit and Run

hello smacked.

Yesterday I was watching a video at Mac and Stella moments between 6.10 in the episode Death House. one of the few good episodes of season six. I miss Mac and Stella. To see them working together, the great interaction between them. I do not believe we lost.

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I don't think we lost either. With Stella in New Orleans, we can have a shot where Stella, with her team, after closing a case in New Orleans, sees Mac, across the street, and then a final shot of Mac & Stella having a hug and then it closes to credits. It's the least they can do for us, when Sinise decides it's time to wrap it up. :bolian:

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

You are so right about that!!:thumbsup: As long as we have our DVDS and reruns and memories we can always have SMACK!!! By the way whom ever made the decision to rerun "Death House" Thanks for the Christmas gift!!:) Now for New Years how about Mac takes a trip to New Orleans:)

This works for me!!

Merry Christmas my dear Smackies all over the world...I miss you:(

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Just wanted to drop by and wish every one, especially SMackies a Merry Christmas and hope for a SMacked closure to the show with Mac heading to New Orleans to find Stella there, either when Season 7 ends, and the show is renewed, or if it is cancelled, Mac confirms he's retiring from the N.Y. Lab to be with Stella down in New Orleans. :D

It's the ultimate Christmas Present for us long-suffering SMack fans even if it comes five or six months late or more. :)

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thankyou!:thumbsup: And even though I am late with my greeting Merry Christmas right back atcha!!! The more it is mentioned the prospect of Mac heading to New Orleans at the end of the series the happier I become! Even if it never transpires at least the hope is still there and for this I guess I should be grateful that they did not kill her off. Even though I do not watch any more I would stop in to see any mention of Smack but depending on the extent I would have to consider if I would financially invest in any more DVDs.:) It is getting easier to detach myself of my once favorite pass time. At least we can keep the thread alive with our speculations and hopes.:thumbsup:

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Knocks on door sweeping the dust of 2010 off the doorknob*

Hello, anybody home? Happy New Year everyone.

I vowed to not watch any CSI at all for the rest of 2010 which I kept. Now that it's 2011, I worked up the guts to watch Season 7 of CSI:NY and watched "To What End?", shortly after watching a rerun of the show with Stella still on it.

Mac & Stella remain far superior, even as platonic co-workers than any of the other shows. Perhaps neither Gary nor Melina necessarily anticipated it but they've ended up playing perhaps the greatest male/female leading duo on a TV Show since Mulder & Scully. I even recall a TV commercial asking if they would ever get together.

Seriously, I think MK made a very dubious decision to just leave like that, unless there was a falling out that has been well-glossed over.

Did something blow up between Mac & Stella that ruined their friendship, perhaps beyond repair? Does Mac still talk to her on the phone? Based on posts right, center, & left, nothing has ever been mentioned of Stella, save for a lame letter to Lindsay, someone Stella had limited connection to.

Just a travesty of monumental proportions. Even though I'm recovering and rebuilding myself from the devastation of Stella's absence, I may become much, much more wary of investing in future TV-Show pairings after what I've struggled through over the loss (hopefully temporary) of SMacked. I say this so I can potentially avoid enduring long-term TV devastation on this scale from ever happening to me again.

Mac though in last night's episode struck me as completely self-righteous, like a user pointed out on another thread. I truly now think that barring MK returning before the show ends, Mac deserves no one now.

For the tiny Mac/Jo fanbase, I would recommend plugging in only halfway at most. If getting too invested in them, I have a gut feeling that in the end, they are gonna share the same disappointment like we have. Don't worry Mac/Jo-ers, we have plenty of just deserts waiting in the freezer to share with you. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Sighs while knocking on dust-covered door*

I now feel like I'm the only one left on the Mac/Stella thread. Is anybody else home? Or is it time to lock this thread once and for all? :(

I miss seeing Mac and Stella on the TV show. I've seen entire websites devoted to them, even outside of romantic pairings. There is something missing inside of me ever since MK/Stella left the show.

I finally watched the clip where Lindsay got the letter from Stella in "The 34th Floor" where she said it's tough being the boss down there in New Orleans which I'm guessing implies the bond between Mac & Stella is still there. :)

Am I the only one left on this thread or is it such that it may be time to lock it altogether and be done with it? I pray to God no! :(

10. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I know what you mean. I miss MK so much. I miss spending the whole day, thinking about what could be happening in the next episode. I miss squeeing everytime Mac and Stella were on screen together. For almost 2 years, this thread was my home away from home. All the people in here were like siblings. Deb, Miyu the Nut, Frida, Lori, Asprine, texmex, Steph, Alison, Carolyn, Axatullux and so many more. We laughed together, squeed together and had many guttermind inducing times together. No other group I have ever been a part of has been as amazing as you.

Mac and Stella were amazing. They had such chemistry, such passion, such a cling that it brought all kinds of people together. We are a strange bunch, but that's one of the reasons I loved it. Strange is awesome.

I will always remember Grounds For Deception. It was so full of Mac and Stella moments. From the awkward hellos at the museum to the reading of the coffee grounds, their adventure in Greece was something that will live on in my heart for many years to come.

In fact, I may have to go watch that episode now, along with Recycling, for the end scene, and as my youngest sister now has Season 4 (well, most of it), I'll have to rewatch Right Next Door, with the hug and the "perfect" coffee :luvlove::luvlove: :luvlove:

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm with you Axelsonfire.

When Stella/MK left, it felt like my TV life had suffered a 1929-scale devastation, a terrible loss of a great relationship, even if non-romantic that I had never loved before in TV life.

I truly miss Mac and Stella together on screen. I yearn for the days and years where I'd be excited for new episodes of Mac and Stella's bond.

It makes me wonder, does Mac still talk to Stella on the phone? Does or did Mac even visit her once in New Orleans? We'd be glad to know. That's the least we can ask for, at least before the show ends. :)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*peeks in*

I'm depressed about it too :(

13. MacsGirlMel

Ack, help! This Mac/Jo stuff's getting to me LOL. *Clings to Smacked bubble*

14. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Same here MacGirlMel. As of this writing, My TV-Shippers Heart is in the same position as the American economy was in early 1930: In the beginning of a Deep, Dark Depression.

From a TV Fan perspective, six years we waited, and yes, I totally understand that it would've been very, very awkward at best except when the show ends, to put Mac and Stella together but we've been faithful for it, some still even now.

We got excited after "Grounds for Deception" and even went through the cold spell of Season 6. And then over the summer, it all collapsed into a giant cloud of dust taking a good chunk of my respect for MK with it.

It affected my behavior for months afterwards, and it truly made me stop watching reruns of CSI:NY altogether for months afterwards, just so I could recover just enough to watch again. I have never felt the same since then. It's hard to believe that something involving a TV show could upset me so much but this affected me badly on a scale I hadn't felt in over 12 years.

I did see "To What End?" and the neighborhood had changed beyond recognition and I no longer identified with it. Without Stella, it now just seems like another show, another channel, and another cast that I don't connect well with.

PHANTOMERIK is absolutely right. There is no other acceptable alternative to Stella, in terms of someone for Mac, when he decides it's time to move on. That door remains open even as I write this. :)

If this is the last season for CSI:NY, the least TPTB can do is NOT to have Mac paired up with any other woman besides Stella, even if he goes to N.O., and we don't see it. Countless fans have said this for years. Hell, I'd be okay with Mac not being paired up with anyone at this point, even if Season 7 is it's last. The least they can do is for CSI:NY to go off into the sunset with Mac ultimately in the arms of Stella, even if not seen on screen, and us fans finally enjoying the champaign of Mac/Stella, even an open-ended romantic idea of it, not the poisoned tap water of Mac/Jo. Even the normal tap water of Mac/Peyton is a last resort fallback pairing despite being a far cry from SMacked.

Just my two cents. Anyway MacsGirlMel, it's nice to see you bump the thread up once more. I feel exactly the same way. Where things stand for me, I now have switched the "Castle" with Castle and Beckett there to heal me, and repair the damage and anguish that both TPTB and MK caused to my TV Heart.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I refuse to let this horse die just yet. :)

15. MacsGirlMel

Yeah at least that'd be a fun ending if nothing else.