Finally! A CSI: NY Computer Game

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Elsie, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

PM me with the letter and I will help you :lol: been awhile since I played that one ;)

For anyone looking for the behind the scenes footage. It's not extras on the game, it's actually found on the disc itself. To obtain them, go to My Computer, right click on the shortcut to the csi ny disk and click explore and it should be the first folder that you see :)

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'll check it out, thanks! It's been driving me crazy!

3. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I tried this but the first folder was launch the game and the rest were just sounds and no videos?! Maybe it's just my comp that won't let me do this? :(

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

are you clicking on the actual shortcut itself. I think I might have worded it wrong :lol: go to my computer and when you see the button that says * example from my computer, yours will probably be different > DVD RW Drive E: CSI NY, right click with your mouse and click either open or explore and they should be in a folder called extras :)

5. Hannah06_95

Ok i tried that and got a list of folders the first one was called cut scenes. So i clicked on that but a massive list came up and not one of them was a behind the scenes thing. :(

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Erm, it seems like you're going to my computer. I'm going to post a screen to show you how I got it ... and something else that you can try.

First:
    Put in your disc.

Second:
    Click 'Start' 'Computer' you should get a screen that looks like This

Third:
    Right Click on the icon for the game and click explore Picture

Fourth:Click on the folder called extras Picture and that should open them up :)

And if that doesn't work ... now you can try this way:

Click Start
    Computer
    Open up the (C) Drive
    Click Program Files * If you're running with Vista it's Program Files(x86)
    Click the folder Ubisoft
    Click Legacy Interactive
    Click CSI NY
    and then there should be a folder called extras.

I would try the first method since it's quicker, but they both should let you access the videos :)

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks Something_Wicked! I finally refound my disk and popped it in today to see the behind-the-scenes. They should've told us how to get to them, geesh! I loved Eddie's. "A chunk of bad guy" :lol:

BTW-for the last case we had to download did anyone have sound as in the actors voices?

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I had sound on mine, but it was a little odd in one part Danny's voice went likf 5 octaves lower than what it was supposed to be :guffaw::shifty:

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

:lol: Wonder why I had no sound? :(

10. Hannah06_95

Ok I did everything you said and all the way through to the last picture it was working then when i got to the folders (showen in last picture) There is no folders called extras....all my files are in the exact same order as yours everything the same except no extras folder :confused:

I might try and find the videos somewhere on the internet!

And FallenForFlack I didn't have any sound on the last game except for two words mac said the sound did work! So your not the only one!

11. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Does anyone have problems with the mini-games in the first episode? Specifically the ones that require you to drag stuff for comparison, like the facial recognition software thing and the sample comparing in the lab. I've already skipped two of the mini-games and I'm stuck on the last one that requires you to compare the gel samples because nothing ever happens when I drag the gel over to the sample, it simply "bounces" back to its original position, even though I've selected the correct sample (the scalpel).

I *really* hope it's not a problem with my computer...

Edit: Scratch that. I quit the program and restarted it - problem solved! :)

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  12. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

I kinda liked the game but there were parts where i didn't. I'm been stuck and am stuck in certain places

13. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

I've been wanting to play this for a while now and I finally have it =D Am on Case two right now XD

The graphics are kinnda lame and strange and half the characters dont really look like their actors but everything else looks pretty okay

I find the games a bit slow IMHO but it's kindda understand able - it's a crime game but still its not too bad

A final verdict will be given after the whole game has been played... but what y'all think of it actually?

14. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Hey about case 5... I have the game on my computer and I have the patches for case 5 but when i try to install it it keeps saying game is not installed but it is... any manage to successfully work the 5th case?

15. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

It looks good though the style of animation is like comic book style ... kind of, not like the graphics in the LV ones but the story lines are reportedly less predictable... I'll buy it soon!