Fans of the medical examiners...

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by leenie, Jun 4, 2008.

1. leenie

leenie Civilian

For all you guys who love Doc Robbins, I thought you might want to check out Dr. G: Medical Examiner on Discovery Health Channel. I think it is cool how you get to follow all the real cases a medical examiner works on. I like seeing how their investigations really work since sometimes you don’t see all of the medical examiner’s work in CSI.

2. steph_r

steph_r Witness

I've heard about this but haven't seen it around. What sort of day/time is it on?
    (Don't know where you are, but i'm in the UK, so it might be different times and such).

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to the Discovery Health Channel website, it is still on Fridays, at 9:00 pm (Eastern). Unfortunately, I can't afford the upper tier of cable channels so I do not get this one. Here is a listing of upcoming air times:

Friday, June 6 9:00 PM Shock to the System - A bloody corpse holding a syringe is found in a field; an 18-wheeler crashes and explodes, burning the driver's body beyond recognition. (NEW)
    Friday, June 6 10:00 PM On the Run - An incineration looks like homicide; a developmentally disabled man is found dead on Thanksgiving. (Dec 8, 2006)
    Saturday, June 7 12:00 AM Shock to the System (NEW)
    Saturday, June 7 1:00 AM On the Run (Dec 8, 2006)
    Saturday, June 7 6:00 PM Shock to the System (NEW)
    Friday, June 13 9:00 PM Dangerous Games - The body of a 12-year-old boy is found with a karate belt wrapped around his neck; a Russian scientist collapses at lunch and dies. (NEW)
    Friday, June 13 10:00 PM Who Is Watching the Children? - An infant and toddler are found dead in their home; a young mother dies. (Nov 5, 2004)
    Saturday, June 14 12:00 AM Dangerous Games (NEW)
    Saturday, June 14 1:00 AM Who Is Watching the Children? (Nov 5, 2004)
    Saturday, June 14 6:00 PM Dangerous Games (NEW)
    Sunday, June 15 7:00 PM Deadly Doses - A woman who tried to treat severe itching with too many antihistamines is taken to the hospital, where she has seizures and dies; a woman experiencing excruciating chronic pain passes out and dies. (May 23, 2008)

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I've seen a few episodes on Discovery Channel and it's a very informative show. Fun to watch but I don't like it that they blur out the 'gory' details. In shows like this I would like to know and see all the details.

These days her show airs at 1:55 AM so I don't get to see it anymore. :rolleyes:

5. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

I think that show, or a show similar to it may be coming to Australia on one of the Discovery type Foxtel channels, for those who live here and are interested.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm happy they're finally showing new episodes.

I just wish they'd give me some new Skeleton Stories, which is the forensic anthropology show.

7. IrinaAthena

IrinaAthena Victim

I love Dr G: Medical Examiner! She's one of my role models and the show is pretty interesting. But most of the details during an autopsy are blurred out. Still, I'd definitely recommend the show to anyone who's interested in real life forensic pathology.

8. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

Yup, it is Dr. G that's coming to Australia. Saw the commercial again yesterday. I'm looking forward to watching it, should be a blast.

9. hank freid news

hank freid news Civilian

I'm just wanted new episodes. Dr G: Medical Examiner! Is my best. She's one of my best. The show is very interesting. Thanks for sharing this one.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Dr. G would be my medical examiner, if I was killed. I live in her district. :lol: