Fanfic Request/Ideas, Recommendation & Showcase

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kaye, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Due to the summer hiatus, I know that I personally will be going into CSI withdrawal if I do not get any fanfictions to tide me over. However, since I have only recently entered the fanfiction world for CSI, I do not know the best places to search for such fics. At the same time, though, I only like to read certain genres, character-based fics, and/or certain lengths. This is where the requests come in.

Just because I do not know the best place to search for CSI fics does not mean that I have not come across some superb fanfiction. There have been stories that just because they are so good, I am forced to reread them. Because they are so good, I have to share them with somebody or everybody! This is where the reccomendations come in.

There are also authors out there, I know, that write fanfiction but do not want to post it here and have it posted elsewhere. This is an opportunity to get other Talk CSI posters to see their work and review it. This is where the showcase comes in.

Now, because the Talk CSI posters are so diverse in age, when posting a reccomendation or showcase, please follow the following format:

Title:
    Author:
    Rating:
    Summary:
    Warnings:
    Link:

If you feel the need, you can also post the genre and main character(s) for further clarification. If the rating is not provided, give an educated guess. For those who are not exactly sure how the rating system works, here's a brief outline:

G (K) - Intended for general audience 5 years and older. Content should be free of any coarse language, violence, and adult themes.
    PG (K+) - Suitable for more mature childen, 9 years and older, with minor action violence without serious injury. May contain mild coarse language. Should not contain any adult themes.
    PG-13 (T) - Suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.
    R (M) - Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with possible strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence, and strong coarse language.
    NC-17 (MA) - Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes.

Until a mod or admin comes in and corrects me otherwise, I'm going to advise everybody to just not post fics Rated NC-17 (MA) and to instead send those over PM if somebody requests a story and explicit content happens to be present. That would be the smart move until otherwise told, I believe.

After you post a request or showcase, I must really insist on you to be PATIENT. Requests can sometimes be quite detailed or rare and it can be a while before somebody finds a fic that matches your description. Also, people have busy lives, and it may be a while before somebody reads your showcase fic, so reviews may take a while to come in. I do not mind you posting reviews on this board, I just ask that you don't flood the whole board with them. You can also receive reviews through Email, PM, and if the site that your fic is on provides it, by simply hitting the review button. If you wish to receive reviews through email, you will also have to provide that as well.

Now I will post my own requests, reccomendations, and showcase to give you a little idea how this will work.

Request

I'm looking to read any fics that feature any of the following, post or pre-Grave Danger:
    - Nick-centric fics
    - friendship-centric fics with Nick in the main cast
    - Nick-in-danger fics
    - Nick-the-hero fics
    - crossover fics between Vegas and either Miami or New York (featuring Nick, of course)
    - all of the above replacing Nick with Danny
    - Nick/Calliegh romance fics

Thank you in advance!

Reccomendation

All of the following fics are stories that I have read, loved, and reread. Enjoy!

Title: He's Just Not That Into You
    Author: forensicsfan
    Rating: PG-13 (T)
    Summary: A comment from Sophia has Sara doing a little soul searching with some surprising, or maybe not so surprising results.
    Warnings: SNICKERS. Complete.
    Link: Here.

Title: Down to the Ground
    Author: Janissa11
    Summary: Sometimes it's hard to see what your role should be. Sometimes it's not hard at all.
    Warnings: Post-Grave Danger.

Title: True Meaning of Obsession
    Author: WhisperoftheSoul
    Summary: When Danny's taken off a case because it went cold, the brother of the victim doesn't take it too well. What starts out as threats becomes a sick game of revenge, and Danny doesn't think he'll live to see then end.
    Warnings: Angst. Violence. Incomplete.

Title: A Walk in the Woods
    Author: Kristen999
    Summary: A murder in the woods is a simple case, right? It can prove to be a much more dangerous outing then anyone ever expected.
    Warnings: Nick-Greg-Warrick friendship. Complete. (All of Kristen's stories are good, though. Check them out!)

I have yet to write any fanfiction of my own, but I am working on a plot right now, so I have nothing to showcase except my C2 community on Fanfiction.net. I shall do that now.

Showcase

Title: Pancho, The Crimestopper - A C2 Community
    Author: Miss Anonymous csi (Kaye)
    Rating: G (K) - PG-13 (T)
    Summary: Short stories, long stories, friendship stories, solo stories; stories all about Nick. No romance is preferred, but if focus remains on Nick an exception could be made.
    Warnings: There are some fics that I wish was in my community, but they were rated too high unfortunately.

Get it? Got it? Good! Now have fun with it!

EDIT : NO LINK FOR A FIC RATED OVER PG-13, THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

Re: Fanfiction Request, Reccomendation, & Showcase

Nice idea. Here are a few recs from me. I have more, but I'm pressed for time. This is kind of a mixed bag to start off with.

Title Tomorrow
    Author: DarkDreamer56
    Rating: T
    Pairing: N/S friendship, GregSara friendship
    Spoilers: season finale! (“Grave Danger)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2405031/1/

Title:Shaded
    Author:Layton Colt
    Rating:K+
    Summary: Takes place after th whole "Silk Silk, Silk" issue.
    Warnings:
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2237742/1/

Title: Floods
    Author: Layton Colt
    Rating: k+
    Summary:It could happen to anyone, but mostly, it happens to him. Humor
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/145573/

Title: Again
    Author: kyrdwyn
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Missing scenes from "The Stalker"
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/709060/1/

Title:Introduction to Management
    Author: Wintertime
    Summary: A dozen lessons on being a successful boss, as observed by Gil Grissom.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1744266/1/

Title: Breathe
    Author: Camilla Sandman
    Summary: She knows he is giving her time to pull away before the touches become something they cannot ignore in the morning, but she remains, letting her hand find his chest and feeling it rise and fall with every breath. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out... And then he kisses her. (CWR, post-Grave Danger.)
    Rating: M
    Link: removed

Some of these fics are new and some are old. If you like what you read, be sure to let the author know. These sites foward feeback to the person's e-mail. They will read it.

REQUESTS:
    None for right now. Kaye I have two that will fit your requests, give me a few weeks before one of them is posted.

As for any requests: I'm always in the mood for one shots, if anyone would like to see something, I might try it out. My guidelines are that it is Nick centered.

Kristen

3. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Wow! Those recs were really good and that was actually the first Catherine/Warrick fic that I have ever read, and it was brilliant. I loved them.

And I can't wait until more of your stories pop up, Kristen!

4. Kristen9999

I have a couple dozen that I read over and over again. Those are the ones I'll post here..more later when I have time.

I was very impressed with that Warrick/Cath one. It was pretty amazing.

K-

5. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

i'm sorry i have no idea how to set up links :eek:. But i have come across a website that has lots of fanfiction with nick as one of the main characters. it is called Always Thinking Always Thinking . it is dedicated to nick/catherine and there are postings ranging from short g rated drabbles to longer very kinky nc-17 :eek:. my favorites are the drabbles were nick plays father figure to lindsey- they are very cute. :)

i know this isn't exactly what you wanted but i hope it helps.

-au

mariap likes this.
  6. Kristen9999

Some more recs by me. Another mix bag of stuff.

By the way kaye, all of your recs I have read before and they are very good. Great minds and all that!

Title: Boucenna's Walk
    Author: :Janissa11
    Summary: Stranded in the desert in high summer, Nick discovers what it takes to survive -- and meets a few friends along the way.
    Rated R for strong language.
    General/Drama

Enmity
    Author: Janissa11
    Summary:With budget cuts and the threat of layoffs looming over the department, Gil Grissom has to figure out a case that hits very close to home.
    Rated R for adult language
    Angst

Title: In Peices
    Summary: Post Grave Danger
    Rated T
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2404963/1/

Title: Posed
    Summary:Tag to Stalker. Grissom and Nick talk about what happened, but there isn't much either of them can say.
    Rated: K+ - English - Angst
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2230910/1/

Title: Closet Evidence
    Author: gnr_lab_rat
    Summary: At least Grissom didn't let it get boring. Not just any boss would have handcuffed him to a chair in the name of science.
    PG Humor
    Link: http://www.csi-forensics.com/viewstory.php?sid=1188

7. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Hehe! Same here. All of your recs from fanfiction.net I have read. The "Closet Evidence" though... gosh, that was hilarious! I feel so sorry for both of them... especially Nicky. Poor guy being dragged into another of Grissom's experiments. Hehe. These are great!

And umbrello, I looked up the site you spoke of and found it. Very cute! CnN--what a cute but very unlikely ship.

8. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

I have a few Danny Messer fics to reccomend.

Title: Tangled
    Author: Wyndhamfan
    Rating: PG13 (T)
    Summary: It’s been a bad few weeks for Danny Messer. It’s about to get worse when he suddenly falls seriously ill.
    Warnings: Spoilers for season 1. Incomplete.

Title: Accusation
    Author: Stealth Dragon
    Rating: PG (K+)
    Summary: Accusations have been made. Danny is in trouble, but just how much trouble he has yet to realize.
    Warning: Complete.

Title: Fear
    Summary: What once was only a bad dream becomes all too real for Danny. Can he handle it?
    Warning: Complete.

Title: The Skinning of Danny Messer
    Summary: A Serial killing with twist, a cop teetering on the edge, and Danny Messer in the middle of it all. How far is Danny willing to go?
    Warning: Incomplete.

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I think this is supposed to be in the fanfiction forum. :)

10. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

First off, you can not link to any NC-17 or above rated Fanfics so I'm going to remove those and this is going to the Fanfiction forum.

11. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

I love this thread idea! :) It will become very helpful to me in the future.

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I reccomend anything by my favorite fanfic authors :) --

Ambient Flames
    csiphile
    DarkDreamer56
    em_j
    Jane Doe
    Joan Powers
    kjt1
    missbrat155