Eric and Calleigh #33: Will You Stay With Me?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I haven't read Kristine's article, but it sound like she wasn't whatching the same show the rest of us where watching. How could you not see that he admitted pretty much everythng was real when she told him she new he was there! He plainly asked her if she herd what he said and she said yes, and then said she thought it was a dream. then he told her no it was real. so oviously she herd what he said.

maybe we should send Kristine a close caption version of the show so if she can't hear what they are saying, then maybe she can read it at the bottom and it will sink in then! If that doesn't work does anybody know sign language! Lol!

I just don't know how anyone could missunderstand what was going on in that scene!
    just aggravates me to no end.!!! I need to stop before I throw something! lol!!!!

2. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Okay I am late but I'm going to say it anyway YAY new thread :lol: You gals have been very busy here ;)

I'm not going to repeat what has been said before but I agree last Monday episode was a defining moment for the two of them. I haven't read Kristine's review for 714, but I read the one for 713 and at that moment I also wondered if she was watching the same show. I think it is all a question of perspective. We're naturally more tuned to the EC scenes than an average viewer. We grasp little details and tidbits that for most are not relevant.

I have no doubt that it was a real profession of love and that if she had been conscious he would have said it too. From the very moment she started to suffocate he was confronted with one of his worst fears, losing her. He was at her side for a very long time, he had the opportunity to think about all what he wanted to tell her.
    While she was unconscious, his talking to her was a way to show her he was there at her side, to evacuate his stress, to coax her back to him so to say and also if things were to take a bad turn to have told before she died...
    Now that she is awake, he is still there for as long as she wants. The pressure is somewhat gone, she is alive and on the mend and he has already spoken and she had heard. When he confirmed everything was real, she asked him to stay and he happily obliged. So yes they have taken the step.

Are they going to be a couple right away? I would venture to say yes. Once more they have been confronted with the reality that life was short and uncertain. They shouldn't let her fear guide them and embrace what they have. It doesn't mean they will rush into anything (can one really speak about rushing here? this ship has the pace of a turtle :lol:), but for me they have committed to each other and this is what a relationship is about.

That was my little rant. I guess when I'll next come back you'll be at page 15 ;) And now back to work and fanfictions :D BTW I'm looking for a beta reader, if anyone is interested just PM me.

3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Well, what I think Kristine meant to say (correct me if I am wrong Kristine) was that they the writers already gave us an episode were Eric's feelings for Calleigh were revealed(his file), but it was not really a big leap for them. In fact it made only a small difference in their relationship. I disagree that 7.14 is the same scenario, however I can see Kristine's point (if that is what she meant) that it may be nothing, however I disagree. It was something. And I believe that the writers will follow up.

4. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Well if this is what she meant she is even more wrong than I thought (I really need to read that review :lol:).
    It is impossible to compare what he told her on Monday and what he said to the shrink at the beginning of the season. It was a big leap because the 'maybe's and 'whatif's were gone. There is huge difference between acknowledging he couldn't imagine life without her and saying you'd like to settle down and it will be swell if it were her :guffaw:
    It goes exactly where Calleigh wanted him to go and answers the question whether it is love or infatuation. You couldn't be a 100% sure from the file she read. he was still tiptoeing and trying to express what he felt about her. Now he said it, he needs her in his life and will stay for how long she wants him to. That's more depth than her previous (and consumated ;)) relationships gave her.

I hope we agree on that :)

5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Kristine's review for this episode is the first one I haven't agreed with. When she made a remark in the review for 7.13 about Calleigh and the other guy it was okay, IMO, because she's supposed to write based only on the episode, not spoilers. If I hadn't known about some spoilers before the 7.13 was aired I would have been freaking out. But, now, for the first time, I think she's completely wrong. Maybe Eric's little talk wasn't that big for us, because we knew about his feelings, but it was big for Calleigh because she wanted him to say it out loud. But, the most important thing about this episode, IMO, was that, for the first time, Calleigh asked for something. I mean she'd never asked for anything before that. To show her emotions so openly is a big step for her. The way she whispered: "Will you stay with me?" was just magnificent. I'm sure we all wanted a kiss, but let's be honest, this is the biggest thing we've ever got and it's great. I'm sure that in the next episode they're already together and that the last scene of 7.14 was the beginning of 'them'.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Amen to that, and a damned good point! None of her other relationships had that kind of depth, none of the men ever gave her that depth of emotion, or had that deep of a love for her... or at least they (the men, not the writers) never showed it. It always seemed to me that Hagen was just infatuated with the beautiful blonde (and to be honest, I could never understand why Calleigh was with him, he creeped me out, they just didn't look right together), there was no love there. Peter never got the chance to even get to first base because he listened to the stalker (Hagen), and Jake always seemed to be in it for himself, as if he strutted around because he was with the beautiful blonde... didn't seem to be much love there. But Eric... Eric has it and has it bad, and never was that more evident than in SGIYC. In every scene that love he has for her just overflowed, from when she started to collapse, to his worry over her when she was being worked on at the hospital and he questioned everything they did to her, to the way he leaned over her, looking over her face, as he talked to her when she was unconscious, to the utter happiness that just bubbled up from him when she was awake. Dude... none of those other men showed any of that kind of love.

I agree, but the more I think of it the more I'm sure there won't be any outward indications that they are together. Considering the scene in
    ...where Ryan and Eric are looking at the pictures and Eric makes like he and Calleigh aren't together, then meets her in the cold storage room, and she questions if people know about "them"... I think they're (the writers) going to make it look, to the average viewer, that they are still dancing around it, maybe flirting with each other but not "together" UNTIL that scene in the cold storage room where it will be confirmed that they are a couple. That's when the average viewer will be clued into their true relationship. See, we aren't the average viewer, we know the spoilers, we know they will already be a couple by then... but those that don't know the spoilers, don't know that. I really hope this isn't the case, but I get this bad feeling that the writers are going to do that. So we may not see any confirmation of their relationship until 7.19.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Exactly. There was no "what if" or "it would be nice" saying....he definatively said that he couldn't live his life w/o her. Not that it would be nice to have her in his life in the respect of a romantic future with kids, the picket fence and the dog.....No, he was sure and to the point.

At that moment he went beyond anything he talked to his shrink about earlier in the season. Things were being put into perspective back then and now, at that moment, he got perspective and voiced it.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I completely agree. I think we saw A LOT from Calleigh in that scene. She admitted she heard him, she said it was like a dream, and she asked him in a VERY heartfelt way to stay sith her. Add to that the way she looked at him throughout the whole scene. So even if we knew Eric's side of the story, Calleigh's openness is the biggest step here (though Eric saying that he can't imagine living without her is pretty big too ;)).

This so true. The way he showed his feelings was so raw and natural and sweet. That's exactly what I meant in an earlier post when I wrote that he didn't react all angry and lashing out to everyone, but just sincerly scared and shocked. He was hit with the fact that he could lose her and it was overwhelming. I loved the way he kept leaning over her, over her face :). The way he kept looking at her just showed so much emotion. I completely agree that none of the other men in her life showed so much devotion, love, and care as Eric did in just one episode.

9. Marija_Magdalena

Elicia, you're so right. Calleigh had never experienced love and devotion strong like that from anyone before Eric and I think up until now she was so scared of it. I know I would be. It's a bit overwhelming when someone feels that way about you (it's also wonderful, too). But, IMO, after an ordeal like this she realized that it's something that she wants, that Eric is something that she wants. So, fellow Hiphuggers, our ship has just sailed... ;)

I really hope writers give us something in the next episode. It would really suck to have them ignore each other after a revelation we got in the last episode. And 7.16? I want a kiss in that one. Calleigh waiting for Eric, him coming out of detention center and kissing her fully on the lips. I want to see how it affects Calleigh. Emily will act it fabulously, I'm sure. I imagine Eric to be a great kisser (and not just kisser :devil:).

EDIT:

Okay, I really want to see an interview with Emily and Adam where they are talking about last episodes. I bet it would be great.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I totally agree with you :thumbsup:. It was a big thing that she asked him to stay with her, cause I think when she did it, in a way she admit for the first time, that she actually needs somone and Eric happens to be this someone.:)
    I think that she wasn't frightened when he admited that everything she heard was true means a lot too.
    And you're right, I also think the scene in hospital was the beginning of their relationship.
    I don't know if there will be something in upcoming episode, but I guess there might be something in 7.16. At least I hope so.:confused:

11. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Its been sooo frustrating, i havent had internet so i couldnt come on, thank gos its back on!!!

What can i say...i loved this eppie!!!!!!! I screamed when Eric said that he couldnt imagine his life without her, it was so sweet! And when she said "it was like a dream"..awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Im so looking foward to monday im hoping something big will happen, its just got to!! I WANT A KISS, GIVE US A KISS!! :lol: My god its all i can think about...only 2 days to go :p

12. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

tHAT would be awesome!!! I can't wait!!!

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I'm suprised given how everyone jumped on it like a month ago, granted they were wrong but Monday's ep was pretty big for E/C and no one seems to be saying or asking anything :confused:

Hopefully we will get something soon :D

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

So, these are the episodes where Eric gets kind of arrested... it should be interesting to see. The scene when he gets out sounded pretty cool, so I hope it works out well.

With the DTV move, do you guys think 716 will be moved back up? Because I think the only reason we had two repeats was because they wanted to make sure that the DTV didn't mess up anyone's TV-watching.

15. Marija_Magdalena

I think that someone said that 716 stays in March... It sucks, I know, but we'll just have to deal with it.

This is a two part episode, right? Do we know if Eric is gonna be arrested in 7.15 or 7.16? It wouldn't be unusual for CSI Miami to have him arrested in 7.15 so that they could torture us for 3 weeks. I can't wait to see how's Calleigh going to react when she finds out he's arrested. I know that they're going to have a sweet scene later and the marriage talk, but I'd really like to see her face when she finds out about his arrest. And, I almost forgot that she's gonna bring him his favorite treat in jail. What do you guys think, what are they going to talk about? God, I can't wait to see that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.