Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Maybe you didn't get it but I quoted the rules to indicate you that I have now flagged a Mod. Not that I was a Mod. I'll be very happy when one of them comes in here to bring back respect, order and the fun of having conversations about shippings.

Now, I won't come back here until a Mod fix the situation because it's getting WAY out of hands.

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

WHOA HOLD ON YOU GUYS!!! Since this all started with my comments let LORI K. explain!

In reference to post 241 Vildis I answered with LORI K. post 244
    PA interjected with post 245 which was submitted to me and that is when the conversation turned singular and personally directed to my perspective of the ship POST 246. Am I correct inassuming this is where confusion sets in?

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

okay okay okay, I've had enough....

First off, name calling or telling someone to scroll past something is stepping over the line.

Second, arguing over who is 'right' and who is not, well again is stepping over the line.

It seems one poster kept turning the subject back around to keep the debate (which is what this thread is for) going.
    Yea, people are going to disagree, everyone and I mean everyone has the right to their opinion.

But, saying stuff like..

^^ These are here for a reason! To keep this shit from happening. Excuse my language but these remarks are not tolerated.

If you don't like what some is saying, step away. Calm down, cool off. Remember, what comes across online doesn't always translate to what the poster is trying to say or the emotion behind it. This got way out of hand.

There will be warnings if someone brings this up again.

4. Cyn-B-Demented

Thank you so much, LadyHunter. And don't excuse yourself. I wanted to use that kind of language myself but it's not up to me in these kind of yucky situations...

I apologize to all the members in this thread as I have clearly stepped over the line myself and, well, kinda ruined the thread for you in doing so despite my good intentions...

I hope someone will post about the shippings so we can have the conversation back on its healthy and right tracks again! :)

And again, thank you very much, LadyHunter!!!

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

What about
    TOM and Jerry shall we talk about them?:lol:

No harm no foul.

I am probably not the one to post about D/L because I am not really a fan of them but it seems unfortunate, now that they are married they seemed to have lost there individuality, when they both appear in an episode together I mean. Danny seems more like Danny when Lindsey isnt in there and Lindsey just seems like Dannys wife now:rolleyes:

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Like I said before, to me both is good. I love the way they handled their big storyline in season 5 and in my eyes it was needed to give it so much attention as it was a big change for both characters. I also love the scenes they have now. There might not be that many, but the scenes they share are lovely. The scenes don't have to be long, I'm already happy when they share little moments.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

To me any DL is too much because it just reminds me how Lindsay has never been anything but Danny's love interest from day one and it reminds me how Danny was once a great character and now he's reduced to being in "cute" DL moments and being one half of DL. To me they are a prime example of why ships between core characters do not work.

8. Cyn-B-Demented

Tom and Jerry?! :guffaw: Did I missed something while I was away from the forum? Are we talking about these Tom and Jerry or it's a nickname reference to D/D?! :lol:

:) Thank you!

I have to agree with you there. Specially since Uncertain Rules aired. I felt both Danny and Flack were back to their true origins despite their life changing events. I have also complained a lot (via my Facebook statuses :lol:) that Lindsay seem to only work where and with whom Danny is and I think it's a shame to recluse the character that way. I expected her to be more of her own person with the beautiful changes being a parent brings to someone, and also because of the united moment the team shared after she gave birth. I guess I expected some Lindsay from S2 to be unleashed lol

You didn't felt they were rushing it in S5? Like not taking their time, not keeping heads cool before making serious decision kinda? (again, I'm just curious to hear your opinion!)

At the beginning of the S6, I complained a little bit about the D/L moments as I thought they were going to be "up in our faces" like last season but in their defence, they needed to tied all loose ends in respect of coherence and some continuity! Also, with the spoilers that got out, I did expected more revealing moments between them. I don't know, having them together as it is I feel more curiosity about their relationship. After all it is the first and only married with kid CSI couple! Some of my curiosity also comes from the fact that neither Danny or Lindsay had ever appeared to me to be the kind of persons to settle down that way so I want to know how the characters deal with it. Some say marriage is not for all, is it for them despite their great efforts? These kind of things I want to see, you know? I'm not sure I'm being clear so :lol: don't blame yourself if you don't get it LOL

That's exactly how I feel about Smacked!!!

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

No, to me it was kinda fitting to the way I see the characters. I think they're quite spontaneous and so was their decision to get married. They didn't have a long planned, big party wedding. I also think they don't need it. Like I said, this is my view of them and their relationship and to me it seemed like they knew by then that they love each other and so decided to do it. I don't think they would have gotten married that quickly if she hadn't been pregnant, then again we can't know that for sure and I also don't think they got married that quickly because they felt they had to. If so, Danny could have continued pushing after his first 'proposal' and Lindsay could have just said 'yes'. To me, the pregnancy somehow opened their eyes, but again that's just my opinion. So no, it didn't feel like they made a rushed decision with getting married, to me it was more of a spontaneous action and I felt like it fitted to them.

I think I got what you mean. I'm also curious to see how they handle it. Like you I also didn't see them as a couple who would settle down like that, although now I think it suits them. Does that make sense? :lol: I think both characters changed during the seasons and especially in season 5 and I'd like to see what the writers always say; how they struggle with marriage, a child and their jobs as I guess it's surely not easy.

Yeah, I don't need big moments all the time (although I love those as well of course). Just as much I love for example when they're working a case together. Like when they interrogate a suspect, etc, for example like in season 2. I just love when they have screentime together, but those don't have to be big moments, I also really love case-related moment.

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree:lol:. Just looking for "new topic"!

Yes! A "ship" we can ALL agree on!!!:lol:

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I beg to differ! :lol::lol:

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

OH NO! Here we go again!:lol:

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Guys please remember this is the debate thread. People are going to comment on what you say.

You know point-counter point. If you are offended or feel uncomfortable, please step off, cool down and relax before replying.

So let's get back to some good healthy debate.

14. Cyn-B-Demented

Well, before going on with the debate/discussion I'd like to say that I really like your point of views, Brinchen! :D They make me see DL and Lindsay (more than Danny as he is one of my favourite characters) with a different eye and I like that! :thumbsup:

Danny showed many times that he was indeed a spontaneous person :lol: so I guess we can't really say that it came as a shock when he proposed! Though, honestly, I thought he'd take the pregnancy less graciously than that; I expected a typical Danny Tantrum lol like "Fuck! Whattarewe gonna do now! :scream: I dun wanna be a fatha!" lol For Lindsay, as I remember her in S2, she had her spontaneous moments so I can see that too somehow, though I liked that she refused the proposal at first. According to the situations and their "debut" with a relationship, it wouldn't have felt realistic if she would have jumped on the ring and screamed "I DooOooOo!" :lol: And just as any other girl out there, she wanted to protect herself and the baby before anything else? Her doubts were fair in this situation.

I didn't imagined them with a big wedding either. What they had suits them just fine as you said. I mean, can you imagine Messer and Montana in a big Italian wedding?! :lol: They'd probably both run away from their own wedding!

Don't worry, I respect your opinions and views very much :D

Danny took so much time to see it, though. It was almost frustrating! I don't really get it as much as the D/L shippers do but I've been in much tumult in my relationship to understand that emotions don't have any explanation nor right or wrong. It's just is.So in that sense I can understand their ambiguity.

Hum.. I may be wrong but I think Lindsay had a good idea of what she wanted out of sharing her life with Danny even before the pregnancy. They pressed each other's buttons enough in the past to know one's limits, how to not cross them and it probably came a time that they had to figure out if they could live with those limits. What still amazes me is that Danny thought they should do it "conventionally". A lot of people nowadays commit without marriage and I expected Lindsay and Danny to be more of the like. I wonder if he really did it out of love from Lindsay. Did he wanted to convince himself more than her by doing so? Or as he was raised to be a gentlemen with women, was he just doing the right and proper thing in this sticky situation? A part of me thinks it's a little bit of all of these answers! His incredible support showed his love to her, that's undeniable to me. Being spontaneous as he is I think as he was saying his "speech" to her he was hoping he was doing the right thing for them. Since then, I think most of their moments were showing how Danny was living up to that and adjusting (learning how to not be so reckless as before, trusting her more in areas he probably never let anyone in, etc.) Lindsay, I think, is doing fine. I loved how she stepped up to the plate when Danny was in wheel chair and brought so much support. She embraces it more freely than he did at the beginning. You probably remember the moment where Danny woke up in the middle of night, holding the baby while standing, right? Well, in that scene, the look they shared meant to me that "OK, we can do this together". Ever since, things been smoothly! But Giovinazzo said there'll be something happening so... we might just wait and see :lol: I'm pretty sure this thread is spoiler-free so I won't mentioned anything Carmine said.

Hahaha, yes it does! I think the writers+actors did a great job at showing a different side of the characters we didn't know was there all along.

Working at McDonald's and having a kid is hard so I can't even begin to imagine when you are a forensic :lol: with crazy hours and on top of that your partner is a forensic too! We have to say that these people are courageous to take on the world's toughest job despite their lives being complicated enough already. I expected to see more of what the writers said too. I expected grumpiness in the lab and hearing one of them "Baby's not doing her nights just yet" and stuff like that. I think it could create a nice bonding moment between Lindsay and Stella! She was always so compassionate with Lindsay that I can imagine Lindsay reaching out to her.

And Danny... well... "I'll take it like a man" :lol: Or he'll probably fire at anyone being there to hear it lol

I really miss those case-related moments from S2, you know, the spirit those moments had. I actually want Lindsay more interrogating perps and whatnot. It was nice to have Danny doing some integration again so maybe Lindsay's next? :lol: But they do make a great team together!

I thought it was great humour :lol:
    I don't have anything against Tom and Jerry but I'm much of a Starky and George shipper :guffaw:Ok... we had our fun to cool off from some previous yucky situation! I think we all feel better now to debate :lol:

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Thanks, yep, that's why I also love to discuss other ships, because it also makes me see them from other POV's. This is what made me love all the other ships as well; talking to others and seeing what they think of them and why they like them.

:guffaw:Thanks for putting this image of Danny into my mind! :lol: What I like about The Box is how he went from shocked and unsure (because he clearly was unsure after finding this out) to believing they could do it. It was great to see him showing he wanted all this instead of pulling back and freaking out because he was scared and wasn't prepared for that, because I guess he never planned on being a father. I'm also glad that Lindsay said 'no'. I think Danny was a bit more overwhelmed than her (which is what she told Stella as well) and so it's good she stopped them before they went too far. I also think her doubts were fair, because not too long before that they really had problems, so she possibly was really unsure on what he would do (maybe like us she expected him to freak out). But he didn't and I think it was good for her to see that he's capable of such situations.

:lol: I think it was one of the writers who said a big wedding wouldn't be them. I agree. They're not the romantic, fluffy kind of persons, neither of them, so doing it that quickly and spontaneous without doing a lot of planning made the most sense to me.

Thank you. :D

I also believe it's everything of that a bit. I really don't think they married only for the baby as they could have simply done that the first time (in The Triangle). Since then they proved to each other what they promised outside of Mac's office; that neither of them would run away. So the fear that they had to marry to stay together also shouldn't have been there anymore. I think the baby brought the question 'marriage- yes or no?' up, but the reason why they did it in the end was love. Like you said, the way he shows his support in all those episodes shows he loves her, like when he talks to Mac in his speech and when he proposed the second time. And the same support Lindsay shows in season 6. I think they have a great balance which is one reason why I love this ship. In season 5 she was scared he would run away but he proved to her he would stay, no matter whether they were married or not. In season 6 she proved she would stay as well, as I think he was quite a bit scared when he heard he had only 10% of walking again, but she showed him they could do it together, and like you said, that came across in that scene from 6x04.

Yes, such little moments don't require much screentime. Like the little detail she was wearing the band t-shirt because Lucy spit on all her other stuff. :lol: Such a moment with Stella where she mentions what's up would be nice.

:lol: I could so see him doing that. Like standing at a crime scene, having to spill what was going on because he has to get it out, or acting like he as a man won't be overwhelmed by a screaming, hungry, spitting baby. :lol:

Yeah, I love balance, you know? I love the little shipper moments (and those really don't have to be big) like sharing looks, or all the other little things we got during this season so far. It doesn't take much screentime, it's a matter of seconds, but it's just nice to watch. As much I love their dynamic when they work together, solve a case together, struggle with suspects and all that stuff together, which is why I wish we got the two case episodes back. They are a great team when they're working together and I would like to see that again.

Although maybe we might get that next episode, isn't there a scene where they're out in the field together?