Can I ever put my childhood past behind me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by sarahSidle1981, Nov 7, 2013.

1. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Chapter Nine: Bethany first visit to the school nurse!
    Sara takes her jacket off and hangs her jacket on the coat rack, then takes her shoes off. Sara then tiptoes over to the staircase, so not to wake her dad up. Sara stop walking and lean up against the wall when she reaches the staircase, because she is congested and is short of breath. After a few second Sara tiptoes upstairs and opens her bedroom door up. Sara set her book bag down on her bedroom floor and then slower walks into the bathroom, closes the door behind her. She then walks over to the medicine cabinet and open up the medicine cabinet and pulls out the glass thermometer. She shakes the thermometer until it read below 95.9 degrees, then puts the glass thermometer in her mouth and under her tongue. She then sits down on the edges of the bathtub and after three minutes she takes the thermometer out of her month. Sara then looks at the thermometer and sees that she has a fever of 102.9 degrees Fahrenheit.

“(Talking to herself) No wonder I feel so exhausts and can’t seem to stay awake.”

Sara stands up and cleans the thermometer off, then puts the thermometer back in the medicine cabinet. Sara’s close the medicine cabinet and then walks over to the bathroom door. She opens the door and walks out of the bathroom and heads into her bedroom. Sara closes her bedroom door, then changes into her black nightshirt and black shorts. She has just lay down on her bed when someone knocks on her bedroom door.

“Coughing, What?”

“It is time for dinner!”

“Ahem I do not have an appetite and I am exhaust can I Ah-Choo skip dinner to night mom?”

“No Sara, you know your dad rule.”

“Yes, I have to come to dinner every night in less I have the stomach flu and can’t keep anything down, but I do not feel good Mom!”

“Sara, you do not want to make your dad mad, you know how he gets when he is mad and he is already grumpy.”

“(Starting to sound hoarse) Fine, I will be down in a few minutes, mom!”

“Ok, baby.”

Sara sits up in her bed and rubs her eyes, wishing that she could stay in bed. She starts coughing into her right hand, as she stands up. Sara slower walks toward her bedroom door and then opens up the door. Sara starts to walk downstairs, but she turns around and walks into the bathroom and grabs a box of tissues from under the sink. She then heads downstairs and walks into the kitchen. She sits down at the kitchen table and set the box of tissue down next to her, she then opens the box of tissue and pulls a tissue out. Sara then starts blowing her nose and when she stops blowing her nose, Sara starts coughing into her right hand. No soon then Sara stop coughing, her dad has starts staring at her and pounding his fist on the kitchen table.

“Sara’s do you know whom I talk to at 3:17p.m. today?”

“Coughing, no!”

“Your Teacher Mrs. Dew, she called and told me that you do not get any schoolwork done today. She also told me that you keep putting your head down on your desk and falling to sleep, you know that school is a place to learn not sleep! After dinner you are to go upstairs and finish all the schoolwork, before going to bed.”

“Dad, I do not feel good and I have a fever of 102.9 degree Fahrenheit, I just want to go to bed!”

“I do not care. Your teacher also told me that the lunch lady sent her a note saying that you threw out your lunch, without even touch it. I am not made out of money and I do not buy the food for you to take a lunch to school and wasted it by throwing your lunch away. If you are not going to eat your lunch then do not take a lunch to school!”
    “I could not eat the peanut butter and grape jelly coughing sandwich because my throat hurt too much and the sandwich looked unappetizing.”

“Stop playing with your food and eat your meatloaf, corn and mash potato Sara!”

“(Crying) I can’t dad. It hurts to swallow!”

Mrs. Sidle stands up and walks over to her daughter and feels Sara’s forehead. Mrs. Sidle then takes Sara right head and Sara grabs the box of tissue with her left hand. Then Mrs. Sidle and Sara head upstairs to Sara’s bedroom. Sara sits down on her bed and rest her head against the headboard.

“What else is wrong beside the fever and not being able to swallow, because it hurts too much?”

“I am ache all over. My nose is all stuffed up. I also have a cough and can’t stop sneezing or blowing my nose, coughing (into her right hand). Mom can you take a look at my throat it is really bothering me?”

“Sure Sara.”

Sara’s open up her mouth and Mrs. Sidle look inside of her daughter’s mouth and then looks at her daughter throat. Mrs. Sidle sees that Sara tonsils are swelling and that her daughter also has white spots on her tonsils. Mrs. Sidle then feels her daughter neck and found that Sara lymph nods are also swelling.

“What wrong mom?”

“Your tonsils are swelling and have white spots on them and your lymph nods are swelling too.”

“Coughing, can I go to bed Mom, I will finish my schoolwork when I feel better?”

“Sure baby you can go to bed.”

Sara lays down on her bed, then gets under the covers and closes her eyes. Sara falls asleep right away, Mrs. Sidle walks toward Sara’s bedroom door, she stops walking and looks at her daughter one last time. Then Mrs. Sidle leaves her daughter bedroom, she closes her daughters’ bedroom door behind her. Mrs. Sidle then heads back downstairs to deal with her husband. Sara is brought back to present time when another shopper drops a glass jelly jar and it makes a loud creaking sound as it hits the floor and breaks. Meanwhile, an hour and half later Bethany has finish taking her social study tests and is half way through taking her math test, when she starts having a cough fit. Her teacher Miss. Korn walks over to Bethany and kneels down next to Bethany desks.

“Bethany, are you feeling ok?”

“(Voice sounds hoarse.) Coughing, I feel fine my throat just dry is all, coughing. Can I go get a drink of water, coughing?”

“Sure Bethany.”

Bethany stands up and starts coughing again, she covers her mouth with her right hand. Bethany then slower walks out of the classroom and closes the door behind her. As soon as she is clear of the window that in the door of the classroom Bethany starts rubbing her throat with her right hand and cover her mouth with her left hand because she is still coughing. She gets to the drinking fountain and takes a long drink of water, which does make her throat feel a little less sore, but it still hurts. She slower walks back to the classroom and once back in the classroom sits down on the chair of her desk and starts taking the math test again. It takes her the rest of math class to finish the test and when the bell rings, Bethany gets up with the rest of her class and head to the lunchroom, because its lunch time. Bethany sits down at her normal table that she and Cassie sat at. Then Bethany lays her head down on the table and closes her eyes, Cassie came back from buying her lunch and sits down next to Bethany, who has starts coughing again and has started to look really flush.

“Bethany, you are not looking to good, maybe you should go see the school nurse!”

“(Hoarse) I am fine Cassie, Ah-Choo!”

2. sarahSidle1981

Bethany pulls a tissue out of her right jean pocket and starts blowing her nose and Cassie gives her best friend a concern look, then she raises her hand and the lunch lady Suzie Green walk over to her.

“(Lunch room lady/Cassie mom) Yes Cassie?”

“I think my friend Bethany needs to see the nurse she keep cough and sneeze and her voice sounds really scratchy when she talks and she looks very flush.”

Suzie Green takes a close look at Bethany who has lays her head back down on the table and closes her eyes again. She sees that Bethany does look really flush, so she puts her right hand on Bethany’s forehead and finds that Bethany is burning up.

“Bethany Maybell, I am writing you a note to go see the school nurse.”

“Ah-Choo, I do not need to see the nurse I feel fine.”

“You are going to go see the nurse you are running a fever.”

“Fine, but I do not know where the nurse station is.”

“Cassie will you go with Bethany and show her where the nurse station is?”

“Sure, Mom.”

Mrs. Green writes the note out really fast and then hands the note to Bethany. Cassie and Bethany stand up from the lunch table and then Bethany picks up her book bag, which she brings with her just incase the lunchroom lady made her go see the nurse. Then Cassie and Bethany walk out of the lunchroom and the two friends walk to the very end of the hallway. The two girls turn right, then Bethany and Cassie walk to the first hallway in the building, Cassie and Bethany turn left. Then the two girls walk to the very end of the hallway. Cassie and Bethany then walk into the last room on the left-hand side. Cassie looks at Bethany as Bethany hands the nurse the note from the Lunch room lady. The nurse takes the note from Bethany and unfolds the piece of paper it is write on and starts reading the note.

“I am going to go back to the lunchroom and finish eating my lunch Bethany.”

“Sniffling, ok.”

Cassie walks out of the room and Bethany sits down on one of the recovery couch. The nurse walks over to Bethany and put the ear thermometer into Bethany’s right ear. When the ear thermometer beep thirty second later, the nurse takes the thermometer out of Bethany’s ear and write down what the thermometer display says on the form she has to fill out that state why the student has come to see the nurse. Bethany looks up at Nurse Pen and at the same time starts coughing into her right hand.

“You have a fever of 103.9 degrees Fahrenheit Bethany’s what other symptoms do you have?”

“My throat is really sore, my nose is stuffed up, coughing. In addition I am ache all over and really cold and I keep coughing too.”

“I need to take a look at your throat Bethany, can you open up your mouth for me?”

“Ahem, sure.”

Nurse Pen, takes out her penlight and shines the penlight into Bethany mouth and find that Bethany tonsils are swelling and have white spots on them. The nurse also notices that Bethany throat is bright red. Nurse Pen, write down on the form about Bethany throat being very red, swelling tonsils and white spots on her tonsils. The nurse then feels Bethany neck and find her Lymph nods are swelling too. The nurse makes a note on the form about Bethany Lymph nod being swelling and then the nurse looks at Bethany.

“Can I go back to class now Nurse Pen?”

“No, Bethany’s I have to call Sara Sidle and have her come pick you up from school, because you are too sick to be in school.”

“Ok, then can I lay down?”

“Sure.”

Bethany lays down on the recovery couch and Nurse Pen walks over to her desk and sits down on her desk chair. She then open up her desk drawer and pulls out the emergency contact form for Bethany Maybell. The nurse dials Sara apartment number first and gets the answering machine, so she tries Sara cellphone next.

3. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Ten: I hate being sick Sara!
    Sara has just finish bring all the groceries into the apartment and now she is putting the groceries away, when her cellphone starts ringing. She pulls her cellphone off her hip and sees that the phone number is the nurse office from Bethany school. Sara flips her cellphone open and puts the cellphone up to her right ear.

“Sarah Sidle speaking.”

“This Is Nurse Pen from Las Vegas Verdes Elementary school, Bethany is in my office and has a fever of 103.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Bethany also has swelling tonsils and her tonsils have white spots on them and her throat is bright red. Bethany’s lymph nods are swelling too.”

“I will be there to pick Bethany up in ten minutes.”

“Thanks.”

Sarah flips her cellphone close and then put away the ice cream. Sara then puts the lunch meat and all the other freezers and refrigerator items away. Sara then grabs her purse and keys off of the breakfast Island, then heads out the door. Sara then runs to her car and gets into her car, thirty-five second later she is driving toward Bethany school. On the way to school Sara calls doctor Skipnuts and makes Bethany a doctor appointment and the doctor officer has an opening in twenty minutes, so Sara takes the appointment. She has just flipped her cellphone close, when she pulls into the school parking lot. She parks her car and then Sara runs into the school and to the nurse office. Sara can hear Bethany coughing and sniffling as she walks into the nurse office. When Sara walks through the door, she sees Bethany is laying on the recovery couch.

“Miss Sidle?”

“Yes.”

“(Very hoarse sounding) I told Nurse, Ah-Choo, Pen that I am fine and can go back to class.”

“You are not going back to class. I am taking you to the doctor!”

Bethany is coughing and sneezing at the sometime and Sara is signing Bethany out on the sign out sheet that is on the nurse desk. Bethany pulls a tissue out of the box that on the table next to the recover couch and then Bethany blows her nose several time.

“Bethany’s we can go now.”

“I really do not need to leave school, Ah-choo!”

“No, you are going to the doctor, Bethany.”

“Fine.”

Bethany stands up and grabs her book bag and then she follows Sara out off the nurse officer and then Sara and Bethany walks out off the school building. When Bethany and Sara reach Sara’s car, they both get into the car, then Sara drive Bethany to doctor Skipnuts office, Bethany could not stop coughing or sneezing on the ride to the doctors’ office and Bethany has also starts to shivering. Five and half minutes later Sara and Bethany are sitting in Dr. Skipnuts waiting room and they are waiting for the nurse to call Bethany back for her doctor appointment. Bethany is resting her head on Sara right shoulder and Bethany has her eyes close. Also Bethany is trying not to cough, because it hurts her throat to cough, Sara sees that Bethany is force herself not to cough and hands her a cough drop. Bethany takes the cough drop from Sara, then Bethany unwraps the cough drops and puts the cough drop in her mouth. Sara put her right hand on Bethany forehand and feels that Bethany fever has gone up since the school nurse take it and at the same time the nurse open the door that leads to the exam rooms.

“Bethany Maybell.”

Bethany and Sara stand up and heads to the door. Bethany sees that the nurse name tag say Nurse Lawson as her and Sara walks up to the door. Then the Nurse start walking toward the scale and Bethany and Sara fellows the nurse over to the scale, Bethany steps onto the scale and the nurse wight Bethany and then nurse Lawson’s measure the eight-year-old Bethany’s to see how tall she is. Nurse Lawson then leads Sara and Bethany into exam room two and has Bethany’s sit down on the exam table. The nurse put the ear thermometer into Bethany’s left ear and waits for it to beep. Nurse Lawson take the thermometer out of Bethany’s ear when the thermometer beeps thirty seconds later and write 104.6 degrees Fahrenheit down on Bethany’s file.

“What symptoms do you have Bethany?”

“I have a very sore throat, swelling tonsils, white spots on my tonsils coughing and swell lymph nodes. In addition I have a cough along with a running and stuffed up nose. (Nurse Lawson is writing down what Bethany is saying).”
    “The doctor will be back in a few minutes to have a look at you.”

“OK.”

Nurse Lawson walks out of the exam room and closes the door behind her. After only a few minutes of waiting Dr. Skipnuts comes into the room and sit down on the stool next to Bethany. The doctor takes a look at Bethany throat first and then he feel the lymph nodes in Bethany’s neck, the doctor then does a fast acting strep test on Bethany. After a few minutes of waiting the fast acting strep test results are in.

“Bethany’s you have tonsilitis, strep throat and a head cold. Are you allergic to any medicine in the penicillin family?”

“No, Dr. Skipnuts.”

“I am writing Bethany’s a prescribe for amoxicillin and Bethany you will need to take the amoxicillin three times a day for ten days. Sara, I want you to get Bethany’s prescribe filled on you way home and Bethany needs to start taking it right away.”

“Ok, Is there anything else we should know?”

“Yes, Sara you should keep Bethany out of school for the rest of the week, because Strep Throat is very contagious. Bethany will be contagious for the next forty-eight hours, which is when the antibiotic will start working. Also make sure Bethany gets a lot of rest and that she drinks lots of fluids.”

“I will Doctor Skipnuts.”

The doctor hands Sara the amoxicillin prescribe, then Bethany and Sara stand up and follow the doctor out of the exam room. Sara and Bethany stop at the nurse window and Sara pays the co-pay for the appointment and then Bethany and her leaves the doctors’ office. Two minutes later Sara is driving to the drug store and Bethany has fall asleep on the backseat of Sara’s car and Sara let Bethany sleep until she has parked the car at the apartment complex. Once inside the apartment Bethany take her amoxicillin and then goes into her bedroom and puts her PJ on. Bethany then lay down on her bed, then pulls the covers up and falls right to sleep. Meanwhile, Sara has gone into her bedroom and she is sitting on her bed. Sara is also staring into space and she is having a flashback to 1979. It is the Tuesday morning and the day after she first started feeling sick. Sara wakes up when her alarm clock goes off in her ear. Sara set up in her bed and start coughing into her right hand. She puts her feet over the edge of her bed and she is thinking to herself, I feel awful but I need to go to school today. She stands up and puts on a pair of jeans and a tank top because she feels like she on fire. She grabs her book bag and heads into the bathroom. She brushes her tooth and then pulls her hair into a ponytail really fast and then heads downstairs and looks around. Sara sees that her parents are a sleep, so she heads to the bus stop. A minute later when the bus pulls up at the bus stop Sara gets onto the bus and goes to school. Once at school Sara sits down at her desk, then pulls her schoolwork and textbooks out of her book bag. Sara then gets to work on her schoolwork, but she keeps having to stop to blow her nose and she cannot stop coughing. Mrs. Dew walks into the classroom and pass out the math test to all the students. Sara puts her textbooks and unfinished schoolwork into her desk. Sara is the last student to get the test, Sara takes the test from her teacher and then starts to take the test, but she gets light head and has to put her head down on the desk. Mrs. Dew walks over to Sara and feels her forehead with her right hand. The teacher feels that Sara is burning up.

“I am sending you to the nurse Sara!”

“(Sound hoarse) No, I am, Ah-Choo, fine!”

“You are running a fever and are very pale.”
    “Coughing, Fine!”

4. sarahSidle1981

Sara stands up and walks out of the classroom. Sara then goes to the nurse officer, only to get told by the school nurse that her tonsils have white spots on them and are swelling. The school nurse also says her throat is bright red and that her lymph nodes are swelling too. The only new thing she learns is that her fever is no longer 102.9 degrees Fahrenheit, but has gone up to 104.9 degrees Fahrenheit.

“Can I go back to class now?”

“No, I have to call your mother to come pick you up from school.”

“Fine, I will just lay down until she gets here.”

“That is fine, Sara.”

Sara lays down on the recovery couch and closes her eyes. The next thing she knows is that the nurse is wakening her up. Sara looks at the clock on the wall and sees she has been sleeping in the nurse station all day.

“My mom, never come to pick me up?”

“No Sara, you have to take the bus home!”

“Ok.”

“Here is your book bag, Mrs. Dew drop it off during the lunch hour.”
    “Thanks.”

Sara stands up and walks out of the nurse office. She then walks down the hall and through the main doors of the school, once outside Sara gets onto the school bus. The Bus driver Amy sees that Sara has sits down on the seat right behind her and can hear Sara coughing. After everyone that rides her bus has getting on the bus Amy start the bus and pulls out of the school parking lot and drops Sara off first instead of making Sara’s ride the bus for two hours, because Amy can tell that Sara is not feeling well. When the bus pulls up in front of Sara house, she stands up and walks towards the bus door, but stop in front of Amy.

“Thank you for dropping me off, Ah-Choo, first today.”

“Just feel better Sara.”

‘Coughing, Thanks and bye.”

“Bye.”

Sara gets off the bus and slowly walks up to the front door of the house. She unlocks the door and heads inside the house. Sara close the front door behind her and then locks the front door, then walks into the living room and finds her mom laying on the living room floor unconscious. Sara can also hear her dad banging around in the kitchen. Sara covers her mouth with her left hand and start coughing and at the same time she walks upstairs and heads to her bedroom. Once in her bedroom Sara closes her bedroom door and then walks over to her bed, she grabs the pajamas off of her bed and then she put her pajamas on. Sara then gets into bed and gets under the covers, because she is freezing cold. She has felt this way since the school nurse wake her up to get on the school bus. Sara is brought back to present time when she hears Bethany coughing and feels Bethany taping her left shoulder.

“Sara’s do you have any cold medicine to relive this cough, so I can get some sleep?”

“Yes, I do Bethany.”

Sara stands up and walks out of her bedroom. Bethany follows Sara out of her bedroom and into the kitchen. Sara give Bethany 10ml of children Robitussin cough, cold and flu and then both Sara and Bethany go to bed for the night.

5. sarahSidle1981

Chapter eleven: Three days before Christmas 2003
    It is Monday, December 22, 2003 at ten a.m. and Sara is at the mall Christmas shopping for Bethany. Also, Bethany and Lindsey’s who schools are on holiday break have come to the mall with Sara, but Sara has let Lindsey and Bethany go off on their own. Lindsey is shopping for gifts for her mom and grandmother and Bethany is looking for a gift for Sara and one for Ali the boxer. Meanwhile, Sara is looking around Claire and thinking to herself I can’t believe how much better Bethany feeling after only being on amoxicillin for three and half days. I never felt that good after being on penicillin for three and half day when I get Tonsilitis and Strep Throat, I would still be in bed coughing up a storm and not wanting to go to the mall to go shopping. Sara sees a pair of hop earrings that have butterflies charm on them, she knows that Bethany would love the hop earring, so she puts the hoop earrings into the basket she is carrying. Sara then continues to look around Claire, she also finds a CD case that had butterflies on the cover and a purple butterfly saucer chair. Sara also finds a throw that match the butterfly saucer chair. Sara walks over to the check out counter and pays for the items, then Sara looks around the other stores in the mall. Meanwhile, Lindsey and Bethany have finish shopping and are at the food court. Lindsey has got herself five peanut butter cookies and a Mt. Dew. Bethany has bought herself a bowl of strawberry ice cream and a Mt. Dew. The two girls are both sitting at a table waiting for Sara to finish shopping, Bethany has got into her purse and take out her prescribe bottle and take her second amoxicillin pill for the day. Lindsey looks at Bethany and then Lindsey takes a bit of one of the peanut butter cookies. At the same time Bethany take a sip of her Mt. Dew.

“Lindsey, I am still taking amoxicillin for Tonsilitis and Strep Throat.”
    “So, you have been on the amoxicillin for over four-eight hours?”

“Yes, I have been on it for three and half days now!”

“So you have been on the amoxicillin for over eight-four hours and you are not contagious anymore.”

“Yes I am safe to be around.”

With that Bethany reaches across the table and breaks a piece of Lindsey cookie off and eats it, both girls start laughing. Several minutes later Sara is walking toward the food court and see the girls laughing. Sara is happy to hear Bethany laughing and to see her smile again, because the last few days Bethany’s has been so tired, grumping and not feeling good. Lindsey and Bethany see Sara walking up to them and get up and grab their bags and trash. Then the two girls’ throws away the empty pop cups and the rest of their trash away. Bethany and Lindsey then they walk over to Sara and the three of them walks out of the mall. Once outside the three of them walk to the parking lot and over to Sara light-blue Ford Focus. Lindsey, Sara and Bethany get into Sara car and a minute later Sara is driving away from the mall. Sara drops Lindsey off at home first and then head toward Bethany and her apartment building. Sara stops for a red light and looks into the review mirror at Bethany. Sara looks back up at the lights and sees that it has turn green, so she starts driving again.

“Did Lindsey and you have fun shopping together?”

“(Sound a little hoarse) yes, I had lots coughing of fun Sara, thanks for taking Lindsey and me with you.”

“Both of you had shopping to do for Christmas and since the next two days will be crazy at the mall, I felt today was the best today to go.”

“Do you know what nights you have to work this week?”

“No, I am on call this week, so I can be call into work every night, or just one night this week, it depends on how many cases the night shift gets each night!”

“Oh, Sniffling.”

Sara pulls into the parking lot of the apartment complex the two of them live in and parks her car. Then Sara and Bethany get out of Sara car and grab their bags. Sara and Bethany walk inside the apartment building and over to the elevator. Bethany hits the up button and when the elevator door opens Sara and Bethany walk into the elevator. Once the elevator door has close Sara push the fifth floor button and Bethany look over at Sara.

“What, Bethany?”

“How much longer do I have to wear the cast on my left wrist and right leg for?”

“For three more weeks counting this week Bethany.”

“So till Monday, January 12, 2004?”

“Yes.”

A minute later, the door of the elevator open up and Sara and Bethany walk out of the elevator. Then Bethany and Sara walk up to the door of their apartment. Sara unlocks the door and then Bethany and Sara head into the apartment. Bethany walks into her bedroom and puts the bags down beside her bed and then walks out of her bedroom, into the living room. At the same time Sara is putting her bags into her bedroom closet, Bethany walks up to Sara’s bedroom door and knocks on the door frame.

“Yes, Bethany?”

“I am going to lie down and take a nap because the trip to the mall, along with all the walking has worn me out.”

“Ok, I am going to laying down and take a nap to, incases I get call into work tonight.”

“Ok.”

Bethany walks back into her bedroom and sits down on her bed. She takes her shoe of off of her left foot and then lays down. Bethany pulls the covers up and then closes her eyes, a minute later Bethany is sound asleep. Meanwhile, Sara has lays down on her bed and Ali lays down next to her. Sara is thinking to herself, I hope that I do not get called into work tonight because I feel exhausted, plus my throat is really scratchy and I feel feverish too.

6. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Twelve: On call
    It is 10:15 p.m. on December 23, 2003, Sara did not get call into work yesterday night (Monday) and she is asleep in her bedroom. Bethany is sitting on her bed wrapping Sara Christmas gift, she has already wrapped Ali Christmas gifts. The cordless phone is laying on the bed next to Bethany, because Sara had asked her to take the phone into her bedroom after dinner, because she was really tired and was going back to bed and Sara also told Bethany to only wake her up if Grissom call her into work. The phone starts ringing, Bethany picks up the phone and sees it is Cassie from the apartment three doors down. Bethany hit the talk button that is on the cordless phone.

“Hi, Cassie’s what up?”

“Hi Bethany, I just want to call and see how you are feeling?”

“I feel a lot better. My throat is still a little scratchy, but otherwise I feel good and my fever is gone.”
    “Is your Tonsils still swelling?”

“A little and my lymph nodes are still a little swelling too.”

“Do you think I could come over and hang out for a little while?”

“No, Sara is sleeping and I think that Sara is feeling under the weather, because we had our favorite meal for dinner tonight. Which is vegetable stir fries and she just pushed the vegetable around on her plate and hardly ate any.”

“My mom needs the phone, so I have to get off now.”
    “Ok. I see you around.”

“Ok, Bye.”

Bethany hangs up the phone and no soon then she set the phone back down on her bed the phone starts ringing again. Bethany picks the phone back up and sees that it is Gil Grissom office phone number on the caller I.D. Bethany hits the talk button on the cordless phone.

“Hello, Bethany speaking.”

“Bethany’s this is Sara’s Supervise Gil Grissom, can I talk to Sara?”

“I will have Sara call you back after I wake her up.”

“That is fine, have Sara call me back when she is awake enough to dial the number.”

“I will, Mr. Grissom.”

Bethany hits the off button on the cordless phone, then puts her feet over the edge of the bed and stands up. Bethany limps toward her bedroom door and slowly opens up the bedroom door. She then limps into the living room and past the bathroom that in between her and Sara bedrooms. Bethany walks up to Sara’s bedroom door and knocks on the door. When there is no answerer, Bethany open up Sara’s bedroom door and walks into Sara’s bedroom. Bethany walks over to Sara bed and lightly shakes Sara and Sara rolls over in her bed. Sara slowly opens up her eyes and looks at Bethany, who has the cordless phone in her right hand. Sara sits up in her bed and rubs her eyes, Sara then picks up the bottle of water that set on the nightstand and take the cap off the bottle of water. Sara then takes a few sips of water.

“(Sounds sleepy) What do you need Bethany?”

“You need to call Mr. Grissom, he called for you and I told him that I would have you call him back after I wake you up.”

“Ok.”

Sara takes the cordless phone from Bethany, then Bethany turns around and walks out of Sara Bedroom. Bethany limps into the living room and at the same time Sara dial Gil Grissom office phone number. As Sara is talking to Gil Grissom on the Phone, Bethany walks into her bedroom and grabs a change of clothing for the morning and her book bag, so she can work on the schoolwork she is behind in. Bethany then limps out to the living room and sits down on the couch to wait for Sara. When Sara walks out of her bedroom with Ali right behind her four and half minutes later Bethany notices that Sara has put on a pair of good jeans, a long sleeve white shirt and a black blazer. Sara also has a light-blue scarf wipe around her neck. Bethany watch Sara’s walk into the kitchen and over to the cabinets that are on the wall across from the breakfast Island, which is the same wall as the door to the apartment is on. Sara grabs a traveler mug out of the cabinet and full the mug up with water. Sara then puts the mug into the microwave to heat the water up. She then grabs the box of herbal tea and takes two tea bags out of the box. When the microwave beeps she takes the mug out of the microwave and puts the herbal tea bags into the traveler mug and lets the tea bag set for a few minutes.

“Bethany are you ready to go to Catherine Willows’s house?”

“Yes, I am ready Sara. But are you sure that you should go into work tonight because you look flush and your voice sounds scratchy and you hardly touch you dinner tonight?”

“I have to go into work, we are short staff with Nick out of town and all the night shift CSI that are in town are being call into work tonight.”

“But you do not sound well at all and you look feverish Sara!”

“Ahem, I will be fine Bethany!”

Sara throws the tea bags into the trash can and puts the lid on the traveler mug. Then Sara grabs her crime scene kit and purse. At the same time Bethany stand up from the couch and grab her book bag. The two of them walk out of the apartment and Sara locks the door. Then the two of then head outside to Sara Car and get into the car. Sara drives to Catherine Willow’s house first and drops Bethany’s off, Sara makes sure Bethany’s gets into Catherine’s house. Then Sara pull out of the driveway and heading toward the crime scene. As she drives to the crime scene, Sara starts to think about how she is feeling and about how sore her throat is.

“(Talking to herself) God it hurts really badly to swallow a sip of tea and I feel awful!”

Sara pulls up in front of the house that the crime happened at and turns her car off. Sara gets out of her car and open up the back door. She grabs her crime scene kit off the back seat and then close the car doors. Sara locks her car up and then she walking up to the house, pulling a cough drop out of her right jean pocket. She unwraps the cough drop and then puts the cough drop into her mouth. Jim Brass sees Sara walking toward the house and he sees that Sara has just put a cough drop into her mouth. Jim Brass also notices that Sara looks flush. Brass walks up to Sara and take her crime scene kit and the two of them walk into the house together.

“Sara you look flush and I saw you put a cough drop in your mouth, are your feeling all right?”

“Ahem yes, my throat is just a little scratchy and I am feeling a little run down is all.”

“I think you might be coming down with a cold Sara?”

“I hope not, So where in the house did the crime happen?”

“In the dining room, Sara.”

“Ahem, how many die?”

“Eighteen, the whole family was over here celebrating Chanukah.”

Just then Sara and Jim walk up to the doorway of the dining room and Sara sees all the victims have been shot in the back of the head and are faces down in they soup. And by the amount of bullet cartridges on the floor by all the chairs, she knows that was at lest eighteen shooter and can tell by the type of cartridges on the floor that the guns use by the shooter are from world war two. Sara takes her kit from Brass and joins Catherine, Warrick and Gil in the dining room. She gets her camera out of her crime scene kit and then start take pictures of the crime scene.

7. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Thirteen: Hate Crime
    After Sara finish taking pictures of the crime scene, she walks over to her crime scene kit that is set by the dining room entryway. Sara pulls out a pair of latex gloves and then she put the latex gloves on and grabs a hand full of evidence bags. She then gets to work collect the bullet cartridges that are all over the floor and putting the bullet cartridges into evidence bags. As she collects the bullet cartridges she is thinking to herself, I should have taken my temperature before I left my apartment. Sara pulls another cough drop out of her right jean pocket and unwraps the cough drop. She puts the cough drop into her mouth, then Sara put the wrapper into her left jean pocket and goes back to collect the bullet cartridges. It takes Sara an hour to collect all of the bullet cartridges off the floor and put them into evidence bags. David and Dr. Robbins have just finishes checking the body temperatures of all the victims and Dr. Robbins have give the CSI the clearance to collect the evidence off the body, before he and David take the victims bodies to the lab. Warrick, Catherine and Gil stop what they are doing and helps Sara check the victims for any trace evidence that could have been lift behind, but there wasn’t any evidence left on the bodies. Gil, Catherine, Warrick and Sara can tell that this case is affecting David, who is Jewish.

“How are you holding up David?”

“All right Catherine and thank you for asking.”

“David and Dr. Robbins you can take the bodies now because there is no trace evidence on any of the bodies. Also Dr. Robbins, can you remove the bullets from the eighteen victims heads and sent them to Bobby Dawson to run?”

“Sure, Grissom I will get to work on the bodies right away, when David and I get back to the lab.”
    “Grissom, I need to go outside and get some fresh air.”

“That is fine Sara.”

Catherine looks over at Sara and sees that she looks flush. At the same time Sara takes her gloves off and puts the gloves into an evidence bag. Sara then put the bag glove into her crime scene kit with the rest of the evidences that she has collect. Sara then walks out of the dining room and heads outside. Once outside Sara takes a walk around and notices that most of the cars, vans and suv’s parked in the driveway and on the street by the house have infant car seats and children boost seats in the vans, cars and suv’s. Sara runs back into the house and gets a new pair of latex gloves out of her crime scene kit and then she puts the latex gloves on. At the same time Warrick, Catherine and Gil walk over to Sara and all three of them have a worry look on they faces.

“Sara what wrong you have a look on your face that says something terrible has happened?”

“Catherine, we need to check all the other rooms in the house and the basement for babies and children and we also need to look for children’s toys and baby diapers, clothing, et cetera.”

“Sara, there no babies and children in the dinner room or in the house according to the offices that clear the scene!”

“Grissom, when I was outside, I take a walk around and I look into the vans, suv’s and cars in the driveway and parked on the street by the house and must of the cars, suv’s and vans have infant car seats and children boost seats in them with items in the vehicles that says that the children or babies come over here with their parents tonight.”

“You hear Sara! Catherine gathering up all the victims keys and started going around to all the cars, suv’s and vans and open them up to seeing which victim the vans, suv’s and cars belong to. Also, bag any of the children or baby items that could have the children or baby smell on them. Sara help Catherine with checking the cars, suv’s and vans. Warrick and I will search the house for the babies and children and children and baby items.”

Sara and Catherine take the keys out off the evidence bags and then head outside. The two female CSI is still looking through all the vans, suv’s and cars an hour and half later when Gil and Warrick walk over to Catherine and Sara with worried looks on their faces.

“The children are not here, but there is evidence that there was babies and toddler here along with the adult and teenage that was at the table having dinner.”

“(Sara and Catherine) Where do the babies and toddlers go, Grissom?”

“No idea Sara and Catherine, but the killer moved all the toddlers and babies stuff to the basement. Catherine and Sara I want you to go back to the lab and take the evidence we collect, so far with you. Then go to the coroners’ lab and check in with Dr. Robbins and David.”

“Ok, Grissom.”

“But Grissom that mean Sara and I will have to take the evidence to the lab in Sarah’s car since will all ride here in one of the crime lab suv.”

“That is fine Catherine, because the two of you are going straight to the lab.”

Catherine and Sara bag the last items from the van Catherine search and the suv that Sara is search. Then Sara and Catherine head inside and get their crime scene kits and gather up all the evidence bags. Catherine and Sara then walk outside and put they crime scene kits and the evidence bags into the backseat of Sara’s car. Then Sara and Catherine get into the car and Sara drives to the crime lab. As Sara is driving to the crime lab, Catherine notices that Sara keeps rubbing her throat with her left hand and Sara’s looks more flushes then when she first got to the crime scene at 11: 02pm. When Sara stops for a red-light, Catherine reaches over and feels Sara’s forehead with her left hand. Sara pulls Catherine left hand off her forehead, at the same time the light turns green and Sara starts driving again.

“What are you doing Cath?”

“Checking to see if you have a fever!”

“Ahem, I am fine!”

“I was just checking, because you look flush, but you do not seem to be running a fever, but you are a little clammy Sara. I think you might be coming down with a cold.

“Ahem, I am not getting sick.”

Sara pulls her car into the crime lab parking lot and pulls into the free space by the door. After Sara has put the car into the park position and turned the car off Catherine gets out and she starts getting the evidence bags off the backseat of Sara’ car. At the same time, Sara pulls a cough drop out of her right jean pocket and unwraps the cough drop. Sara’s put the cough drop into her mouth and then Sara throw the cough drop wrapper into the door trash bin. Sara then gets out of her car and help Catherine’s get all of the evidence bags off the backseat of her car.

“Sara, I have been watching you put cough drops in your mouth all evening and the whole ride to the crime lab you were rubbing your throat with your left hand. Are you sure that you feeling ok?”

“I am fine. My throat just a little scratchy is all!”

Sara locks her car doors after she and Catherine have all the evidence out of the car, then the two of them head into the crime lab and go to the evidence room. Sara’s sign the evidence into the crime lab and then Sara and Catherine put on pairs of Latex gloves. Sara and Catherine then start going through the evidences to figure out what needs to go to trace lab, DNA lab, Ballistic lab, toxic lab and the fingerprint lab.

“Ahem, I am going to take the DNA evidence to Greg.”

“Ok. I will take the fingerprints to Mia and the bullet cartridges to Bobby. Then the two of us will meet up outside the coroners’ lab.”

“Sure, Cath.”

Catherine heads to the fingerprint lab and Sara puts away the evidence that does not need to go anywhere. Sara then grabs the bags of DNA evidence and slower walks out of the evidence room. Sara walks toward the DNA lab and as she is walking toward the DNA lab she starts having a coughing fit. She raises her right arm and coughs into her right elbow.

8. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Fourteen: Could Greg be any more cheerful at two o’clock in the morning?
    Sara can hear the Christmas music Greg is playing already and she still has two hallways to go before reaching the DNA lab. When Sara reaches the DNA lab, she pauses for a moment so she can catch her breath before going into the lab. As she is catching her breath, she is watching Greg dancing around his lab to the song rocking around the Christmas tree. After a minute she pushes the door to the DNA lab open and heads into the lab. As she reaches the lab counter Greg dancing over to Sara’s and he takes the evidence bags from her.

“Sniffling, you are way to cheerful tonight Greg!”

“I though you had this week off Sara? By the way you look horrible and sound awful?”

“Don’t start with me Greg, I have not been sleeping well and yes I was off this week. But when Bethany got sick I ask Nick to take mine shifts that way I could stay home with Bethany. Nick say yes but I had to take his place being on call this week, so he could go home to Texas and spent Christmas with his family. I say yes I would cover him this week, so I could stay home with Bethany till she felt better.”

“Oh, that was very sweet of you Sara, how is Bethany feeling?”

“Bethany is feeling better, coughing (into her right elbow).”

“That is good that Bethany is feeling better.”

“Greg, I need you to run the blood swabs for DNA against the blood samples from the victims that Dr. Robbins is going to be sending to you. Gil, Warrick, Catherine and I need to know if the blood left at the crime scene is all victims blood or if the killers lift any of they blood behind at the scene.”

“Ok I will start running the swabs right away. Also Sara if you get a chance you should go to the break room. Then you should lay down on the break room couch and take a nap. Also you should go get a bottle of water, because I think that you should push the fluids tonight, because it sounds like you are coming down with a head cold!”

“Why does everyone think that I am getting sick? I am not getting sick, because I never get sick!”

“Fine, but it sounds like you are losing your voice.”

“My throat is just dry is all!”

“Whatever!”

With that Sara turns her back on Greg and walks out the doors. She starts walking toward the coroner lab and is thinking to herself I so should go home and go back to bed, because I feel awful. I also have the chills, I also think my tonsils and lymph-nods are swelling too. In addition I am having a hard time breathing and my throat is very sore. Sara reaches the coroner’s lab to see Catherine standing by the door waiting for her. Sara walks up to Catherine and notice that Catherine looks worried about something.

“Ahem Cath is everything all right, because you look worried about something?”

“Sara can you handle this without me?”

“Sure, but what is going on?”

“You know how Lindsey left to go to her friend all night ice skate party around the same time that you drop Bethany off at my house for Lily to watches her?”

“Yes, did something happened?”

“Lindsey was doing a jumps and landed wrong and hurt her left leg. Lindsey friend mom has taking Lindsey to ST. Mary ER.”

“Go be with Lindsey. I will let Gil know what happened!”

“Thank you Sara.”

With that Catherine laves Sara standing outside of the coroners’ lab and she runs to the front of the crime lab. Catherine opens the door to the crime lab and runs out to the parking lot and to her car. At the same time Sara watching Catherine till she has turned the corner and is out of sight, then she heads into the coroners’ lab to see if Dr. Robbins has any new info for them. When she gets inside the lab Sara notice that Dr. Robbins nor David is anywhere in sighted, so she sits down on Dr. Robbins desk chair and lays her head down on Dr. Robbins desk. As soon as her head is resting on the top of the desk her eyes start closes and no matter how hard she tries Sara cannot keep her eyes open. She gives up on trying to keep her eyes open and falls to sleep. A few minutes later Dr. Robbins and David walk through the doors and see Sara sleeping at Dr. Robbins desk. Dr. Robbins and David also hear Sara gasping for air.

“Sara looks like she does not feel well!”

“She does not sound well either, David. Will you please get my doctor bag for me?”

“Sure.”

David runs to the other side of the lab and grabs Dr. Robbins doctor bag. He then runs the bag back over to Dr. Robbins and when David reaches Dr. Robbins, he hands Dr. Robbins his doctor bag. Dr. Robbins open up his doctor bags and takes out his stethoscopes and place it on the right side of Sara back and listens to her right lung. He then listens to her left lung to make sure Sara does have a build up of fluid in her lungs and the whole time Dr. Robbins is doing this Sara does not wake up. Dr. Robbins then takes an ear thermometer out of his bag and puts the thermometer into Sara’s left ear. Sara moves a little when the thermometer starts beeping in her ear, but does not wake up.

“Sara should be at home in bed and not at work!”

“Does she have a fever?”

“Yes David, she has a fever 103.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Can you go get Gil Grissom?”

“Sure, Dr. Robbins!”

David leaves the lab and walks to Gil Grissom office. As soon as David has left the lab, Dr. Robbins kneels down next to Sara and he shakes Sara to wake her up. Sara opens her eyes up and looks at Dr. Robbins for a few seconds. Sara then she sits up and at the same time start coughing into her right elbow. Dr. Robbins puts his stethoscopes and the ear thermometer back into his doctor bag, as Sara is coughing.

“I am sorry, did I fall asleep?”

“Yes, you did Sara and you also have a fever of 103.9 degrees Fahrenheit, does your throat hurt?”

“Yes, can you take a look at my throat, because I think my tonsils and lymph-nods are swelling?”

“Sure, Sara’s I will take a look for your throat.”

“Thanks.”

Dr. Robbins grabs his penlight out of his doctor bag and he takes a look at Sara’s throat. Dr. Robbins is very shocked that Sara is able to breathe at all, because her tonsils are swelling to the sizes of softballs. Also Sara tonsils have white spot on them and her throat is bright red. Dr. Robbins does not need to feel Sara’s neck to see if her Lymph nods are swell, because he can tell by just looking at her neck that her Lymph nods are swelling, but he feels her neck anyway to make sure.

9. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Fifteen: Sara needs to go home, Gil!
    Dr. Robbins sets his penlight down on his desk and pulls a chair over by Sara, he then takes a seat in front of her. Sara knows that she is really sick when Dr. Robbins picks up the phone on his desk, but he pauses before making his phone call. Sara pulls a tissue out of the tissue box that is on Dr. Robbins desk and then blows her nose.

“Are you allergic to any medications, because you need to go on prescription medicine right away?”

“(sounds very Hoarse) no.”

He then calls the pharmacy at walgreens to get her a prescription for Erythromycin filled. She is glad that he has called her prescription in as Erythromycin, Because she has builds up a resistance against the other prescription drugs used to treating tonsillitis and strep throats. She had a feeling that she ended up catching tonsillitis and strep throat for Bethany. Dr. Robbins has just hanged up the phone when David and Gil Grissom walks into the coroners’ lab. Gil looks at Dr. Robbins and then he looks at Sara who has lean back in the chair and has her eyes closes. David pulls a chair up and takes a set next to Sara. Sara lays her head on David right shoulder and at the sometime starts coughing and covers her mouth with her right hand.

“Sara’s a friend of mine is a pharmacies at Walgreens and his name is Steven Tape and he is going to drop a prescription off at the information desk for you.”

“Thanks Dr. Robbins.”

“Where is Catherine at she is supported to be here with you, Sara?”

“(Sound very hoarse) Lindsey’s was at a Birthday ice skate party for her best friend and she fell down and hurt her left leg. Her friend mom has taken Lindsey to ST. Mary ER and Catherine had to leave coughing so she could be with Lindsey.”

“That fine Sara and Dr. Robbins what was so important that you need me to leaving my office, I was on the phone with Jim Brass seeing if he had any luck finding the children and Babies yet!”

“Gil, the health of your CSI is more important then finding out who take the children and babies or who shot the victims!”

“No, We need to find the misses babies and children Dr. Robbins the babies and children are more important then the health of one of my CSI!”

“Sara’s needs to go home and go back to bed, she is too sick to be at work.”

“We are already short Nick and now Catherine, I need Sara to stay at work or there will not be enough of us to solve this case.”

“I will be fine, Dr. Robbins, I will take breaks if I need them and I will make sure to pushes the fluids.”

“I want you to start your prescription as soon as it gets here.”

“I will, Dr. Robbins.”

“Dr. Robbins, do you have any new information for Sara and I?”

“Let go over to the bodies and take a look.”

“(Sara and Gil) Ok.”

David help Sara up and then Dr. Robbins, Gil, David and Sara walk over to victim number one who is a fifteen-year-old girl that has light brown hair. Sara sees that the girl is wearing a ring on her left ring finger and that the ring is made of rose gold and has two Diamond hearts on it. The CSI and both coroners’ can tell by the look on the girl face that she had no idea what was going on and that her death was fast. All the victims have the same look on their faces, they all look happy.

“(Voice is a whisper.) They must have been talking about something that made them all happy when the killers sneak up behind them and the killers shoot the victims.”

“Sara’s is that a engagement ring on the ring finger of victim number one left-hand?”

“No, it’s a promise ring, Grissom.”

“A what?”

“It is a ring that a father gives to his daughter when she makes a promise to herself to stay a virgin until they wedding night or a boyfriend could give his girlfriend a promise ring and in that case the rings mean he is commitment to her and will marry her when they are old enough to get marry. Also it could mean a promise that someone coughing (into her right hand) made to a person like a step father to his stepdaughter to say that he will be there for her and treat her like his own daughter.”

“Oh.”

“I take the Bullets that I remove from each of the victims to Bobby Dawson and Bobby started running the bullets as soon as he received them from me, to find out what types of handguns were use. Also, the cause of death in all the victims is being shot in the head.”

“I see that there is a home pregnancy test laying by victims number three, four and five.”

“Yes, these three female victims are pregnant, Gil.”

“Ok, David.”

“We have to find who did this, Grissom!”

“We will, Sara!”

“That all I have for the two of you right now.”

“Ok Dr. Robbins, Sara I need you to go talk to Bobby and see what he has so far. Then go and talk to Greg and see what he found out so far. I need to go back to my office and call Jim Brass back.”

“Ahem, What is Warrick doing?”

“He is at the crime scene taking cast of shoe prints that he found leading up to the back door of the house.”

“Ok, I was just checking Grissom.”

“That fine, When you have a copy of the results from Greg and Bobby bring the copy of each of the results to my office.”

“Ok.”

Sara and Gil walk out of the coroners’ lab. Sara takes a left and walks down the hall a few feet. At the same time Gil takes a right and he walks to his office. As soon as Gil Grissom is out of view Sara leans up against the wall and closes her eyes.

“(Talking to herself) I can’t warm up, I am so cold.”

As Sara is lean up against the wall, Sofia from day shift walks up to her and Sofia is carrying a paper bag from walgreens. Sofia taps Sara on the right shoulder and Sara open her eyes when feeling someone tapping her right shoulder.

“(Voice is a whisper.) What do you want Sofia?”

“This was dropped off at the information desk for you Sara.”

“Thanks.”

“Also, Bobby and Greg are looking for you!”

“Ok. I will find them in a few minutes.”

10. sarahSidle1981

Sara takes the walgreens bag from Sofia and then Sara walks away from Sofia. Sara heads to the break room and when Sara reaches the break room she walks over to the min-refrigerator. Sara grabs a bottle of water and then she open up the bottle of water. She set the bottle of water on the counter and then open up the walgreens bag. She then takes out the prescription pill bottle and looks at the label on the bottle to see what dose she needs to take and how many times a day. She sees that the label says to take 500 mg every twelve hours for ten days. Sara takes out one of the 500-mg capsules and puts the pill into her mouth, she then takes a sip of water to help swallow the pill. She then closes the water bottle and the prescription pill bottle. On her way to the DNA lab she swings by the locker room and puts her prescription into her locker. She then grabs her jacket out of her locker and puts the jacket on. As she is walking to the DNA lab, she takes a couple more sips of her water. Sara hears Greg singing wishing you a merry Christmas as soon as she walks through the DNA lab doors. She sits down on one of the lab stools and watch Greg sing and dance around the lab as he runs the DNA. As she is watching him, she pulls a cough drop out of her jean pocket and unwraps the cough drop. Sara then puts the cough drop into her mouth and after a few minutes’ Greg realizes, he is not alone in his lab. He smiles when he turns around and sees it’s Sara sitting on a stool in his lab.

“So Greg, what info do you for me?”

“I just run same epotheleos that Dr. Robbins found on the outsides of the promise ring that the fifteen-year-old, girl is wearing and I get a hit off AFIS.”

“(Holding her throat) whom did you get a hit on?”

“A Contz Munzinger, what were the victims last name Sara?”

“Ahem, the victims last Names were Frank, Schmidt, Druschel, Koegel and Geissert.”

“Whom houses did the crime took place at?”

“The crime took place at the Franks house. The four other last names are their four daughters married last names.”
    “Sara’s are you should you are not getting sick, because you hardly have a voices and your Lymph-nods is visible swelling?”

“I am not sick Greg, so drop it. Do you coughing have anything else for me?”

“You are sick face it Sara. You need to go home, so you can get some rest and feel better on Christmas morning.”

“If I could go home I would, but Nick is out of town and Catherine had to leave because Lindsey hurt her left leg ice skate.”

“I do not have anything else for you yet.”

“Ok, I have to go talk to Bobby now.”

Sara stands up and grabs her bottle of water off the lab counter. She then walks out of the DNA lab. Greg watch Sara’s leave his lab and he can tell by how slow Sara is walking and by the grasping sound she is making that she is having a hard time breathing. He can also tell by watching Sara that she is exhaust. Greg goes back to running the DNA and listens to his music. A few minutes later Sara has got half way to the Ballistics lab and she had to stop walking, so she can catch her breath. As she is leaning up against the wall, Warrick Brown walks over to Sara carrying the shoe print casts that he made at the crime scene. Warrick stops walking when he reaches Sara and look Sara over very careful and he knows that Sara is too sick to be at work.

“Sara’s are you all right?”

“I am fine.”

“Specks up I can’t hear you.”

“Ahem, I am fine Warrick.”

“You are losing your voice and are having problem breathing, are you sure that you are all right?”

“I really am fine.”

With that Sara starts walking again, but it takes her fifteen minutes to get to the Ballistics lab and it normally would only take her two minutes to get to the Ballistics lab. Sara walks into Bobby labs and sits down on his desk chair and looks at Bobby, as he walks over to her with several printouts in his hands. Bobby Dawson hands Sara the printouts and Sara takes the printouts from Bobby. She set the printouts down on the desk and then starts coughing into her right hand.

“The two handguns that the murder used were a German WW2 Walther P38 9mm service pistol and a WW2 German Mauser Pistol.”

“Thanks Bobby.”

“The first two printouts say the pistols that were use and other twenty printouts are the register forms of people in the Las Vegas area that are World war two veterans and that own either a German WW2 Walther P38 9mm service pistol or a WW2 German Mauser Pistol or a family member, because the veterans have passes away and left the gun to them. Also, you can see some of the names on the register forms are clearly Germany origins.”

“Thanks, Bobby.”

“If you can get a warrant to get all the handguns, I will be able to tell you which of the eighteen handguns were used in the murder Sara.”

“I will give the names to Brass, so he can get a judge to get us a warrant to collect and have you look at all the handguns.”

Sara stands up from the desk chair. She then grabs the printouts and her bottle of water. Sara then walks out of the Ballistics lab and walks down the hallways toward Gil Grissom office, so she can hand Grissom all the info she got from Greg and Bobby.

11. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Sixteen: Please let me go home, Grissom!
    Sara walks into Gil Grissom office and sits down on one of the chairs that are in front of his desk. Sara then set the printouts onto Grissom’s desk and starts having a cough fit, she coughs into her right elbow. But Sara gets mad when Grissom does not even check to see if she is all right. As soon as she stops coughing, she leans back in the seat and closes her eyes. She tries to take a few deep breaths, but ends up cough some more. Gil looks up from his desk and picks up the printouts Sara set on his desk. Gil Grissom sees that Greg got a DNA hit for a Contz Munzinger. He then looks at the printouts from Bobby and sees the two types of handguns used were a German WW2 Walther P38 9mm service pistol and a WW2 German Mauser Pistol.

“Sara I want you to look over the printouts and do background checks on all of the gun owners and then highlight the ones that have a violent history or they are neo-Nazi members.”

“(Voice is a Whisper) Warrick is back can’t he do that, I feel awful? I think that I should really go home and go to bed.”

“No, He has to look through all the files of shoe prints and match the shoe casts to the type of shoe or shoes that left the eighteen prints leading up to the back door.”

“Could you do the background checks, I am really not up to looking over the printouts and doing background checks on all of the gun owners?”

“No, I have to go back to the crime scene and process the basement fully. When you are done with the background checks, go into the garage and start processing the suv’s, cars and vans that have been tow to the crime lab garage.”
    “Whatever!”

Sara stands up and grabs the printouts from Bobby Dawson’s off of Grissom’s desk. Sara walks out of Gil Grissom office and slams the office door close behind her. She walks down the hallway toward the computer lab, but Sara stop walking when she gets to the restrooms and she pushes open the door to the ladies’ restroom. Sara walks over to the first stalls and tears some towel paper off of the towel paper roll. Sara then blows her nose several times. She walks over to the sink and the trash can and throws the tissue paper that she used to blow her nose into the trash can. She then puts the printouts between her knees and set the bottle of water on the floor. Sara then washes and drys her hand, after she throws the paper towel into the trash can, she takes the printouts out from between her knees. Sara then grabs her bottle of water off the floor and leaves the restroom. Sara then slower walks to the computer lab and at the same time Sara is coughing into her right elbow. Five minute later, Sara gets to the computer lab and set her bottle of water and the printouts down on the first computer desk. She then sits down on the chair that is at the first computer and turns the computer on. Once the computer has started up, Sara opens up the database she needs and types in the first name on the lists, which is Contz Munzinger and he owns a German WW2 Walther P38 9mm service pistol. She highlights his name in yellow, then takes a look at the next name and sees the next name is Michel Anschuetz. She types in the name Michel Anschuetz into the computer, Sara then closes her eyes and at the same time the database start searching for a match. She open her eyes and picks up the bottle of water and take the cap off of the bottle. She takes several long sips then puts the cap back onto the bottle. Sara leans back in the chair and puts her right hand on her forehead and she can feel the heat coming off of her forehead. Sara stands up and pushes the chair in, then she walks out of the computer lab. She walks down the hallway and walks through the open doors of the break room and sees Warrick looking through three ring binders of shoe prints. Sara walks over to the couch that in the break room and grabs the gray blanket off the back of the couch. She then wraps the blanket around her shoulder. At the same time Warrick looks up from the binder he is looking through and sees that Sara is wrapping the blanket around herself. Warrick also sees that Sara is shivering, Warrick stands up and walks over to his co-worker. Warrick stops in front of Sara so she cannot leave the break room. Warrick then puts his left hand onto Sara forehead and can tell that she has a high fever.

“You are running a fever Sara.”

“I know coughing into her right elbow and I need to get back to the computer lab!”

“Just listen to me for a few minutes!”

“Ok.”

“You are not looking well at all and you are shivering, but at the sometime you are bright red, which is most likely from the high fever you are running!”

“I feel awful, Ah-choo.”

12. sarahSidle1981

“Bless you and have you seen a doctor or ask Dr. Robbins to look at you?”

“No, I have not seen, Ah-choo, my family doctor, but Dr. Robbins checked me out. I have tonsillitis and also have all the signs of Strep Throat, so he called me in a prescription for Erythromycin and someone from walgreens dropped it off for me.”

“Go, home Sara!”

“Ahem, I want to go home, but Gil will not let me.”

“What do you have to do after running the names of all the people who owners the WW2 pistols that were used?”

“Process the suv’s, vans and cars, coughing into her right elbow.”

“I will do that, Sara and take your time running the names. Once all the names are run come to the break room, then lay down on the couch and take a nap. If Grissom has a problem with you taking a nap, I will deal with him that why you won’t have to deal with Grissom.”

“Thanks.”

Warrick walks back over to the table and sits down. Then he goes back to looking through binders of shoe prints and at the same time Sara walks out of the break room and heads back to the computer lab. When she walks into the computer lab, Sara sees that she has a match for Michel Anschuetz and he has been very active in neo-Nazi rallies and events. Michel also has a Walther P38 9mm service pistol that he got from his grandfather and that Michel has used the Walther P38 to kill the neighbors’ puppies. Sara highlights his name and at the same time realizes she can’t stay awake any longer. She picks up the printout and turns the computer off. Sara stands up and then grabs her water bottle. She walks out of the computer lab and heads to the break room. Warrick hears a wheezing sounds and looks up form the binder of shoe prints and sees Sara walking over to the table. Sara set the printouts down on the table next to Warrick, who is giving her a worried look.

“(Hardly has a voice.) I can’t stay awake, can you do this or get Gil Grissom too?”

“Sure Sara, go lay down on the couch and get some rest!”

“Thanks.”

She walks over to the couch and she is coughing into her right elbow. When she reaches the couch, Sara takes her gun belt, pager and cellphone off her hips and then she sits down on the break room couch. Sara kicks her shoe off and then she lay down on the couch. At the same time Warrick stands up and then he walks out of the break room. He then goes and gets one of the labs laptops, then he returns to the break room. He sits down at the table and opens the laptop and then start the laptop up. Once the laptop is fully load he open up the database he needs and then types the next name into the computer. As he is waiting from a match to come up or for it to say no match he continues to look at shoe prints. A half-hour later Gil Grissom walks into the break room and he sees Sara asleep on the break room couch. Warrick is so busy looking at shoe prints and running names of the gun owners that he does not see Grissom come in. Gil Grissom walks over to the couch and kneels down next to Sara, with his mind set on wakening Sara up. But as soon as he puts his right hand on Sara shoulder to shakes her, he changes his mind. Grissom stands up and runs over to the sink and wets down a washcloth with lukewarm water. Grissom carry the washcloth over to Sara, he sat down on the edge of the coffee table and starts to wipe Sara’s face off. At the same time Warrick looks up from what he is doing and sees Gil Grissom wipe Sara’s face off with a washcloth. Warrick gets up and walks over to Gil and kneels down next to Sara, he then takes the blanket off of her and unzips her jacket and slips it off of Sara. Warrick then slips Sara’s blazer off, so she just has the white long sleeve shirt on.

“Can you roll her sleeves up so I can wipe her arms off?”

“Sure Grissom.”

Warrick rolls up Sara’s sleeves and Gil then wipes both of Sara arms off, the whole time Gil is wipe Sara off, she stays a sleep. When Grissom is finish wipe Sara off, he looks down at Sara. Warrick and Gil sees that Sara is not as bright red as before, but she still feels like she is on fire when you touch her forehead or her arms Gil and Warrick looks at each other and then back down at Sara.

“I know she has started taking Erythromycin, but I am not sure if it’s strong enough?”

“She has only taken one dose so far Warrick, I want you to go into my office and open up the middle drawer of my desk and grab the bottle of Tylenol out of the drawer and bring the Tylenol to me, Sara needs to take something to get her fever down, here are the keys.”

“Ok, I will be right back.”

Warrick stands up and then he runs out of the break room. He runs down the halls and to Grissom office. Warrick then runs into Grissom office and run right over to Grissom’s desk. Warrick open up the middle drawer and grabs the bottle of Tylenol. He then runs back to the break room and sees that Gil Grissom has wakened up Sara. He also sees that Sara is trying to sit up on the couch, but is having trouble. Grissom takes a hold of Sara hands and help Sara sits up, at the same time Warrick walks over to the couch. Warrick hands Gil the Tylenol and then goes over to the counter and makes Sara some hot tea. When the tea is ready Warrick carrying the cup with the tea in it, walks over to Sara and he hands the cup of tea to Sara, she takes the cup from Warrick.

“Thanks.”

“Sara, I want you to take two Tylenol and then I am having Warrick take you home.”

“My car is here.”

“I will follow Warrick to your house in your car, Sara.”
    “Ok, But Warrick, can we swing by your place to pick up Bethany Beagle puppy, that you are keeping at your place till the night before Christmas seeing it’s the morning of the 24?”

“Sure, Sara and when is Bethany coming home?”

“Coughing into her right elbow, Lily is going to bring Bethany home, once I call and let her know that I am home.”
    “All right.”

“I still need to wrap her gifts!”

“We will stay and warp her gifts, so you can rest.”

“Will one of you pleases call Lily after the gifts are wrapped and tell her she can drop Bethany off.”

“Sure and after Sara takes the Tylenol we should help Sara’s out to your car Warrick.”

“Ok.”

Gil opens the bottle of Tylenol and pours two pills into Sara left hand. Sara takes the Tylenol and drinks a few sips of tea. Gil Grissom leaves the break room and head to the locker room to get Sara purse and Erythromycin out of Sara’s locker. When Gil walks back into the break room two minutes later, he picks up Sara cellphone, pager and gun belt. Warrick helps Sara put her shoes on and then he helps Sara stands up. Warrick help Sara walks to the door of the crime lab and out to his car that is parked in the middle parking space of the third row. Warrick opens the passengers’ door of his car and then he helps Sara get into his car. As Warrick gets into the drive seat, Sara puts her seat belt on. Grissom then hands Sara her purse, medicine, cellphone and gun belt that has her handgun on it. Sara gives Gil Grissom her car keys and then Grissom closes the passengers’ door of Warrick’s car. Gil Grissom heads to Sara’s car and at the same time Sara lays the seat back, then closes her eyes. She falls right to sleep and does not wake up till Bethany Beagle puppy licks her face. Sara opens her eyes to see the white and brown puppy setting on her lap. Sara then looks over at Warrick and sees that they are head toward her apartment building.

13. sarahSidle1981

Chapter Seventeen: Warrick and Gil stop working the case to help nurse Sara back to health!
    Warrick pulls up to the visit parking space by the door of Sara building and parks his car. Gil pulls Sara’s Car into her parking space and then he walks over to Warrick Car. Gil Grissom opens the passengers’ door and takes the puppy from Sara and also grabs Sara purse, medicine, gun belt and cellphone. Gil hands Sara her keys and she starts to stand up, but gets dizzy and has to sit back down. Warrick lift Sara off the seat and then Gil close the car door. Warrick carry Sara inside and upstairs to her apartment, Sarah hands her keys back to Gil and he unlocks the door and lets Warrick and Sara in, Sara dog Ali runs up to Warrick, Sara and Gil and then the dog walks over to the couch and lay down out of the way, so Warrick can get Sara into her room. Gil close the apartment door and sets Sara gun belt, cellphone, purse and medicine onto the breakfast island and then Gil set the Beagle puppy down on the floor. The puppy runs over to Ali and sniffs her. Ali looks at the little boy puppy and let him lay down next to her on the floor. At the same time Warrick has taken Sara into her bedroom and he sit Sara’s onto her on the bed, Gil goes and gets Sara her Pajama off the window seat and heads then to her. Then both Gil and Warrick leave Sara’s bedroom and Warrick close the bedroom door, so she can change. Once Sara has change she walks over to her bedroom door and open up the door. She then walks over to the couch and sits on the couch. Sara then wrap the blue blanket that on the couch around her shoulder.

“Where is Bethany gifts at?”

“Sniffling, in my bedroom closet and so is the wrapping paper Grissom.”

“Sara’s here same ice water for you to drink.”

“Warrick, I am, Ah-choo, really cold I do not want Ice water!”

“The Ice water will help bring you fever down.”

“I won’t drink it.”

“Fine how about some cold tea?”

“Fine, coughing into her right elbow.”
    Warrick walks into the kitchen and grabs a glass out of the cabinet. He then grabs the tea out of the refrigerator and pours Sara a glass of tea. He walks the glass of tea over to Sara and hands the glass with the tea in it to Sara. Gil then hands Sara the prescription pill bottle and Sara gets one of the pills out, because it time for her second dose. Sara takes the pill and sip some tea to help the pill go down. She then lay down on the couch and rest as Gil and Warrick wrap Bethany gifts. After all the gifts are wrap Gil holds the puppy and Warrick put a blue ribbon around his neck, Gil and Warrick then put the gift under the tree and then Warrick calls’ Lily and let her know she can bring Bethany home.

14. sarahSidle1981

Chapter eighteen: A restless sleep and Bethany’s first Christmas with Sara!
    Gil and Warrick are sitting on stools at the breakfast island in the kitchen area of Sara’s apartment and are looking over the case notes along with the Toxic, Trace and final autopsy reports that David dropped off to them a few minutes ago. Sara is asleep on the couch, but is tossing and turning and she is also sweating really badly too. Sara is having a dream about her childhood. It’s the day before the 1979 winter break from school, Sara has been laying in bed for two hours listens to her mom and dad fighting. Her parents are fight over the fact Mrs. Sidle is letting Sara’s stay home sick from school when it is the last day of school before winter break starts. Sara hears the fighting stops when her mom runs out of the house and slams the door of the house shut behind her. The next thing she hears is her dad stamping up the stairs and Sara is thinking I hope that my dad stays out of my bedroom. She then sees her bedroom door fly open and her dad comes into her bedroom and at the sometime she starts coughing. She looks at her dad face and sees he is very mad and also is very drunk. Sara pulls her cover up over her as her dad sets down on her bed and at the sometime start shaken really bad. Not because she is scary, she knows what he is going to do. She is shaken because she is really cold and can’t warm up. He pulls the cover off his daughter, then pulls his pants off and get under her covers.

“(Voice sounds very hoarse.) Dad, don’t I am sick!”

“Be quiet and stop shakes!”

“I can’t because I am cold!”

“(Mr. Sidle Slaps Sara) I said no talking!”

Sara tries to push her dad off of her, but is too weak and gives up. She just lays there and lets her dad do whatever, he wants to. Ten minutes later Mr. Sidle leaves his daughter bedroom and goes downstairs. A minute later Sara hears her dad open up a bottle of beer. Sara gets out of bed and walks over to her dresser, she then gets a clean pair of underwear and pajama out of her dresser. She then leaves her bedroom and goes into the bathroom, to take a shower. As she is taking her shower, she starts crying and shouting to herself.

“God why did my mom’s leave, me here alone with him and I feel really dizzy.”

Sara gets really light head and she falls down onto the shower floor, she hits her head on the shower floor and then she blocks out. When she comes to Sara looks around and sees that she is in the hospital and she is laying on a hospital bed. Sara sees her mom sitting in the chair next to her hospital bed and sees that her mom has been crying.

“What happened, mom and why am I in the hospital?”

“You passed out in the shower, I come home and find you laying on the shower floor and the water was still run.”

Sara dreams ends at this point because she feels someone tap her shoulder. She open her eyes to see Bethany putting the gifts she bought and wrap under the tree. Sara then notices that it is Catherine, who is tapping her shoulder.

“Hi Sara. Lindsey and Catherine are going to open their Christmas gift up over her with us.”

“Ahem that is cool, Lindsey’s what did the ER doctor say is wrong with your left leg coughing?”

“I tear my ACL and M.C.L.. I also break my ankle and kneecap.”

“Lindsey’s your ankle cast along with your knee brace is neon purple, like my ankle cast.”

“I know we match.”

“Lets open are gifts now.”

“(Lindsey, Sara and Bethany) Sure.”

Gil help Sara by heading Bethany her gifts and Warrick pass Sara the gifts that are from Bethany’s that way Sara will not have to get up and can stay on the couch. Sara opens her gifts from Bethany first and they are the new mystery novels that she wanting, along with a black skirt and matching dress shirt that she looked at the first time she went to the mall with Bethany. Bethany opens her gifts from Sara next and loves all the butterflies things that Sara gives her and really loves the Beagle puppy who names is Spot. Lindsey opens her gift next and she gets a new CD player and the CD’s that she asks for. Lindsey also gets her first pair of high heel dress shoes. Catherine then open her gift from Lindsey and the gift is a pair of ruby earrings that Catherine has want for the last year. It took Lindsey all year to save the money to buy her mom these earrings, but when she sees the big grin on her mom face and gets a big hug from her mom, Lindsey was glad she was able to buy them for her. After all the gifts are open up Sara goes into her bedroom and lays down on her bed. Gil and Warrick leave Sara apartment and head back to the lab. At the same time Catherine and Lindsey head home and Bethany takes her gifts into her bedroom. Then Bethany set up the purple butterfly saucer chair and she plays with Spot. Bethany also listens for Sara incases she need anything.

15. sarahSidle1981

Chapter nineteen: Gil Grissom to the rescue!
    Bethany is sitting on her bed reading the Hobbit and the dogs Ali and Spot’s are playing with each other. Ali and Spot keep running into the living room and then the two dogs lay down on the living room floor. Then both the dogs rollover, Spot and Ali then get back up and run back into Bethany’s bedroom. The dogs then lay down on Bethany’s bedroom floor, then the dogs rollover and repeat it all over again. Bethany is so into reading the book that she jumps when the phone starts ringing. She picks the phone up really fast and answers it, so it does not wake Sara up.

“Bethany’s speaking!”

“Can I speck to Sara Sidle?”

“Who is this?”

“Laura Sidle and I am Sara’s mother.”

“Sure, I will take the phone to Sara.”

“Thanks.”

Bethany puts a book mark in her book and then she close the book. Bethany set the book down on her bed and then she stands up. Bethany walks out of her bedroom and walks over to Sara’s open bedroom door. Bethany then heads into the Sara bedroom and walks over to the side of the bed. Bethany tap Sara left shoulder and when Bethany tap Sara shoulder for a fifth time Sara opens her eyes to sees Bethany standing next to her bed. Sara notice that Bethany has the cordless phone in her right hand, at the same time Sara sits up in her bed and then yawns into her right hand.

“Your mom is on the phone.”

Bethany hands Sara the cordless phone and Sara takes the phone from her foster daughter and then looks at her alarm clock on the nightstand to see what time it is. At the same time Bethany walks out of Sara’s bedroom and goes back into her bedroom. She picks up her book and start reading the Hobbit again. Meanwhile, Sara has put the phone up to her right ear.

“Hello!”

“Hi Sara, I know it has been a long time since we have talk!”

“What do you want mom?”

“To talk to you and to see you again, I miss you so much baby.”

“You killed your husband and my dad in front me mom!”

“He was abusive Sara!”

“You did not Ah-Choo have to kill him. We could have left one night after he passes out coughing!”

“He would have found us and killed us.”

“ I don’t think so and I do not want to talk to you!”

“Sara please listens to me for a few minutes!”

“Ok, but make it short.”

“I know now that stabbing your father seven times in the chest was wrong. But back then I was so tired of being physically abused that I snap and killed your father. I have want to tell you this for years, but you never came to see me in prison or in the long term care facility for the mentally ill that I currently live in, but I am going to tell you now Sara I am schizophrenic and I found out shortly after I killed your father.”

“That does not change anything mom!”

Before her mom could say anything, Sara hit the off button on the cordless phone. She then gets out of her bed and walks out of her bedroom and into the living room. Sara then walks into Bethany’s bedroom, Bethany looks up from reading the Hobbit when Sara walks into her bedroom and sees that Sara has tears running down her face. Bethany knows something is wrong with Sara, beside being sick when Sara drops the phone onto her bed and then flops down into the purple butterfly saucer chair. Sara then brings her knees up to her chest and rest her head on her knees. Bethany’s crawl to the end of her bed and turn so she is facing the windows across from the door and Bethany sits down on the edge of her bed, because the purple butterfly saucer chair is set up in front of the windows.

“Sara, What is wrong?”

“Nothing Bethany, But next time my mom calls tell her I am not able to come to the phone.”

“Today only or any day that your mom calls to talk with you?”

“Every day, I never want coughing to talk to her.”

“I did not mean to over hear what you say to your mom but I did, because you were yelling it. Did you mom really kill your dad in front of you?”

“Ah-Choo, yes!”

“So, she was calling you from jail?”

“No, she is in a long term care facility for the mentally ill. My mom is schizophrenia, Coughing!”

“Oh!”

Bethany looks at Sara who is having a bad coughing fit and Bethany can tell that Sara having a hard time catching her breath. Bethany stands up and walks up to Sara and help her stand up. Bethany then helps Sara walk out of the bedroom and over to the breakfast Island in the kitchen area. Sara sits down on a stool and Bethany walks into the Kitchen and grabs a glass out of the cabinet. She then gets Sara a glass of water, Bethany walks over to Sara and Sara takes the glass of water from Bethany. Sara then tires to take a sip of the water, but she can’t stop coughing. Sara stands up and walks over to the couch, taking the glass of water with her. Bethany watches Sara as she walks over to the couch and notice that by the time Sara sits down on the big comfortable chair that next to the couch, she is gasping for air. Bethany walks over to Sara and sits down on the coffee table and she is facing her foster mother and Sara back is to the breakfast island/kitchen and the apartment door.

“Sara, is everything ok?”

“No, Coughing.”

“Do you want me to call someone?”

“Call Grissom.”

“Ok!”

Bethany stands up and runs into her bedroom, Bethany grabs her cellphone off of the nightstand and then she dials Gil Grissom cellphone number. At the same time Gil Grissom is talking to Greg in the DNA lab, when his cellphone starts ringing. Greg and Grissom stop talking and Grissom takes his cellphone off of his hip. He looks at the caller I.D. and sees that it is Bethany’s cellphone number on the caller I.D., Greg looks at Grissom who is still staring at the caller I.D. on his cellphone.

“Is something wrong Grissom?”

“Not sure yet Greg, the number on the caller I.D. is Bethany cellphone number, so something must be wrong with Sara.”

“Do you want to take the call?”

“Yes, thanks.”