Season 10 Wish List

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by daisymay, Jun 30, 2011.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Thought it might be fun to list what we'd like to see in the new season - don't suppose we'll get it, but still... So I'll start:

Return of Kyle (or at least word of him)

More Calleigh, less Natalia

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: Great minds. I'll close my thread and leave this one open.

I'll paste my response from the other thread:

-More on-location shooting. Not sure if this is feasible at this point, but I'm hoping they go back to Miami a little more so we get more of an authentic feel.

-Change the opening credits. :p

-A storyline for Walter and/or Tripp.

-Less 'Big Baddies' and a more down-to-earth season. They didn't need cross-seasonal bad guys in the first 3 seasons, so why not try one season now without it? Let the stories and characters carry the season. It (big bads) might be more flashy, but I get the feeling the ratings won't change drastically either way.

-Maybe bring back Stuart Otis for an episode. He did say he'd get out--I'm still waiting! :lol:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Didn't mean to jump on your idea, finch! You actually posted 2 minutes before me, but, as you say, great minds...

(BTW, I deliberately didn't put in my wishes for H... It's not that I don't have any, rather that I'm too biased to be logical!)

4. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

1. A mature, lasting romance between Horatio and Renee!
    2. Kyle to return, if not in the season premiere,than sometime in the season.
    3. More Frank!
    4. More Walter!
    5. A drama-free season finale that gives the fans some closure if this does turn out to be CSI Mi's last season.

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

1. More Ryan (of course;at least for me):lol:
    2. More Frank.
    3. A balance between Natalia and Calleigh (love both of them).
    4. A decent romance for H (not too sure about Renee;yet)
    5. If this is Miiami's last year, I would like some loose ends tied up; even the E/C relationship for those fans (no drama). I would also like to see Nat/Ryan together as well. I know some don't agree on this point; but why not if it is going to end. Besides they are soo.. cute together.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

If - IF - they know it's going to end, then the only closure I can see is H's death. I just can't see a 'happily ever after' for him. I've read more than one interview with David when he talks about H's death, and he seems to have an absolutely clear idea about it (and he usually sheds tears talking about it). I suppose I think he deserves to end it like that, if that's what he wants. Anyway, 10 might not be the last season...

7. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

EQUAL screen time for the ENTIRE team.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

But they're not equal, either as team members, nor, one imagines, as far as the actors and their contracts go.

9. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

1. Less drama and more science and character development/relations (ie. friendship moments).

2. Now I do love Natalia more than Calleigh, but that doesn't mean I want Calleigh to be shoved to the curb (nor do I want Nat to be) They are the only two females on the team and can be a powerhouse when partnered up. I love them together and say they are BOTH great and BOTH deserve equal time (Now let's not turn this thread into a Cal v Nat fight and leave it at that.)

3. I would like Kyle to return, but not for the entire season. Maybe in the premire just to see if his dad is okay and a father/son scene or two but defiantly not for the entire season.

4. Closure for the EC romance. If this is Miami's last season then the EC and even non-EC fans deserve to see whether those two are together or not. I'd like a happy ending for Miami, whether it's these two getting together (though my hearts set on Ryan/Natalia)

Speaking of ending, I for one hope H doesn't die. Maybe him retiring with Renee would be a nice ending and handing the lab over to Calleigh. Then again his death would be a sure-fire that Miami is over, though what of the team? I'd like to see some closure for everyone, so we know that each of the team have a happy ending or new begining (eg. marraige, new job)

But, to get back on topic, I'd really just like to see plot-line closure. For example, Horatio finding someone (Renee), EC getting together and then Ryan, Natalia and Walter finding an ending - whether romantic or otherwise and also some character development. A bit more of the team's individual pasts and present lives.

10. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

1) Less drama and more forensics
    2) No more season-long story arcs.
    3) An end to the E/C debacle.
    4) Equal screen time for everyone on the team.

I don't want Horatio to die. He needs to stay alive for the inevitable CSI: Miami movie.

I didn't mention the possible H/Renee relationship because I'm still completely neutral about it.

11. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I didn't know David wanted Horatio to die as a series finale. Very interesting. Could you direct me to some of those interviews? I always like to hear what David has to say. Thanks :)

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

1. More Calleigh (relative to what we had in Season 9. I understand having a baby is a lot of work, so I won't be upset if, by Emily's choice, she does less than she did prior to Season 9. I just would like her to be in more than 1 scene per episode, because she's my favorite)
    2. Less Natalia-as-damsel-in-distress. I'd be perfectly happy if Nat received equal screen time, just as long as it wasn't focused on her always being in danger.
    3. No more E/C limbo. Either keep them together in a normal, non-drama-filled relationship, or end it properly. Of course, I want them to stay together, but if writing a subtle, stable relationship is too much of a challenge for the writers (and it really shouldn't be :rolleyes:), then at least give some kind of logical, thorough explanation for their parting.
    4. More science. Less running after bad guys. I get that chase scenes will happen from time to time, but they shouldn't be included practically every episode, especially when it takes time away from the CSI-science aspect of the show.
    5. Get rid of Horatio. Yeah, I guess that's too much to ask, but stop turning him into a vengeful asscrumpet on a power trip. He used to be a sympathetic, if imperfect, character. Now he's a straight up a-hole. ENOUGH ALREADY.
    6. More Frank. He's awesome.

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Yes, me too...I don't want him to die in the series finale though.

But I do think this will be CSI: Miami's last season unless the ratings keep going steady and/or there is no NFL.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Definitely.Some of those scenes are seasons old.

Balanced screentime then(and yes that is different than equal) because there were many times when it wasn't. This has been accomplished on other shows and should be able to be accomplished for Miami as well.

A really good Ryan centric episode.
    Any and all romance very much in the background no matter who the character is .
    Less dramatic,life threatening situations for the characters,especially those associated with romance.
    More science and forensics.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Balanced screentime and more forensics...Also a nice Ryan-centric storyline!