RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,184
Members: 11,253
Currently online: 38
Newest member: like the dawn

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > More Crime Scenes > Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds Discuss CSI's Criminal Minds

Old September 24 2010, 03:14 AM   #31
Destiny
Still Sanity Challenged!

Re: Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Okay I went a touch long ^^ lol. So I will slap my keyboard later, have a good talking to myself about double posting. Until then here are some Tweets.

JM:
-So tonight's the big season opener! I know you all will be watching. Let me know what you think.
-So was everyone happy with the show last night?
-By the way, we are less than 2k away from 30K followers!
-And just for all you fans, we are going to work a few Saturdays so you will have far less repeats during the season.

-I thought it was amazing how just for a second we felt a little sorry for him before Morgan shot him.
-My call time is 5pm tonight. I guess it's gonna be a late one.
-Next week is the last episode for @ ajcookofficial It is really a great episode and AJ is fantastic as always!

TG:
-in order: Charlie and choc. factory (orig), boxcar children, beatles... [NOTE: whats your fav childhood movie?book? music?]
-impossible to pick...but if I had to: day in the life prob'ly... [NOTE: whats your fav beatles track???]

MGG:
-If you need me I'll be out back bustin ghosts with ernie
-The new Criminal Minds poster is a little strange, what do you think?

KV: (Note the censor is mine)
-spent the whole evening with @ ajcookofficial & @ PagetPaget. To quote Ms. Brewster "f***ing heaven". My heart is full & my eyes are watery.
-I would say watch Criminal Minds but I know you already do that

PB:
-Ha ha ! Ladies night, me + Vangs + AJ. So nice. Also, @ [name omited by mod] was right. "Kick Ass" is an awesome movie. My love to you all !!! P

AJ:
-At a wedding on the Queen Mary. The word on the street is that this place is haunted. I'll keep you posted if I meet a ghost!
-So, no I didn't meet any ghosts at the Queen Mary but I think one may have followed me home. Sleeping last night felt really creepy.
-Girls night!!! I love @ pagetpaget and @ vangsness. The power of three.

Last edited by Destiny; September 25 2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Add New Tweets From Joe
Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 05:21 PM   #32
meggzie
Police Officer

View meggzie's Twitter Profile

Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Okay does anyone remember Spicer saying he was divorced, or if his wife died? I can't remember. I mean okay they kill him, they kill the aunt, but what about the mom, where is she?
i was wondering that i think she died because even if they were divorced im pretty sure she would have been there. poor kid whatever happened to her mother
As to the snapping at people, yep everyone one of them has done that, but it was Morgans continual tone and again as I said I get that he was angry (or Mad as hell as I put it), I get he felt guilty, and I get that he was injured. Maybe cold shoulder with Em was not the right phrase I was looking for, more like a shrug off.
I don't remember this bit with emily, when was that

She tried to talk to Morgan cause she feels guilty about Reid, Morgan was kind of short with her telling her basically she has to figure things out for herself. I get Reid was missing and time was of the essence, but he could have given her a little compassion he didn't have to say yes or no it wasn't. But they needed her to help them. He didn't want to listen and just left her standing there.
I actually hated Morgan in that bit he was just so cold to her basically blaming her by saying that and giving her no compasison whatsoever i mean it wasnt her fault and not just him but most of the team werent as helpful or compassionate to her as i would have liked but i understood they were all extremely worried but with Morgan i just feel that was no excuse for the way he behaved. it was just rude and heartless and she would never do the same to him.

Now that isn't the only time he has used a tone with her. After she had her baby the writers constantly had him using the you just became a parent reference, which really irritated me to a point, and I mentioned this before. -- Like I mentioned everyone has at one point snapped at each other, including Garcia at some of the team, remember when she took what Morgan said wrong which ended up getting her shot? She wouldn't talk to him so Emily had to call her, and then Em had to give Morgan a clue. Look I am not being a downer on Morgan, normally I like him fine, it's the times when the writers just sort of push the limits with him to make him look and sound like an ass that I have a problem with.
i think you're totally right here Morgan can come off so self righteous (sp?) and quite an ass especcially in a few of the episodes where he is questioning JJ's judgement she doesnt question the way he does his job i dont see why he has to question hers and all of the times he has questioned her i have thought it was totally unnesscesary. dont get me wrong even though it seems like i am bashing him i do like him. most of the time

Gotta agree that the little girl (and I thought it was just me) was good but the slight looks, lack of shown fear even for a second, that talking back to a kidnapper many times, even taunting him about letting the second brother escape and telling him to alert all the neighbors to the fact that Flynn was there. Even when Morgan hugged her at the end after she learned whatever he said to her, she was blank, okay some would say reality set in. But then he hugged her and she had that look on her face for a few seconds and then a tear rolled down her face but that look was still there. -- She was awesome in the ep, and if she were working with the unsub I would say perfect. I am not sure about being a victim, if they persue this even for another ep hopefully they give her more of that child like (non unsub in the making) look cause lol yeah.
That girl was insanly calm i would probably be freaking out and i am twice her age. i think most people would. but i think she was amazing and amazingly played by teh young actress. definitly one of my favourite characters of the episode.
meggzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2010, 12:29 AM   #33
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

Location: GregNickRyanFan - with Greg, Ryan, Nicky, Jake & Adam- or w/ Dean, Cas, Sam & Gabe in the Impala

I think Ellie figured out very early that this guy thrived on others' fear of him. I think she bravely pushed her fear deep down so as not to show him any so that he would not have that power over her. I liked that about her. At the end when Morgan hugged her and there was very little emotion on her face, I just think she still had everything pushed down for the time being. She was just relieved that it was over. But I think she'll later grieve for her father and her aunt.
Old September 26 2010, 03:25 AM   #34
hiphugger17
Coroner

Or maybe they are setting her up to be an unsub later on, really traumatizing Morgan for the rest of his life
Old September 26 2010, 04:22 AM   #35
Destiny
Still Sanity Challenged!

As to the snapping at people, yep everyone one of them has done that, but it was Morgans continual tone and again as I said I get that he was angry (or Mad as hell as I put it), I get he felt guilty, and I get that he was injured. Maybe cold shoulder with Em was not the right phrase I was looking for, more like a shrug off.
Okay for a minute there I had a brain dead moment thinking utoh, got it back as I hit the button to reply lol.

Okay it was when Em told Morgan that Kirsten [the aunt] was sorry for making him promise [to take care of Ellie] and she [Em] said that it was unfair, and he made a comment about how any of this was fair and just walked away kind of brushing her off (not the right phrase I want to use but it's been a long week lol). See I get he was angry and he was like I said feeling guilty, and all that and maybe even trying to process it. But I don't just something about that scene didn't feel right to me. It gave me that opinion.
Old September 26 2010, 01:33 PM   #36
meggzie
Police Officer

View meggzie's Twitter Profile

Okay for a minute there I had a brain dead moment thinking utoh, got it back as I hit the button to reply lol.

Okay it was when Em told Morgan that Kirsten [the aunt] was sorry for making him promise [to take care of Ellie] and she [Em] said that it was unfair, and he made a comment about how any of this was fair and just walked away kind of brushing her off (not the right phrase I want to use but it's been a long week lol). See I get he was angry and he was like I said feeling guilty, and all that and maybe even trying to process it. But I don't just something about that scene didn't feel right to me. It gave me that opinion.
oh yeah i know what bit you are talking about, it did seem a little odd but i think i just put that down to what Morgan was going through
thanks!
meggzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2010, 04:14 AM   #37
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

Location: GregNickRyanFan - with Greg, Ryan, Nicky, Jake & Adam- or w/ Dean, Cas, Sam & Gabe in the Impala

The actor who plays JJ's hubby/fiance was on the new ABC show "No Ordinary Family" tonight. And is it just me or does he kind of resemble the late Glenn Quinn (Doyle on Angel)?
Old September 29 2010, 01:28 PM   #38
Destiny
Still Sanity Challenged!

Somewhat yeah he does. That dude [Glenn] was funny. So okay lets see if you agree with this next article if you will. Also add your own if it's not there.

Source: TvGuide

Criminal Minds: The Top 8 JJ Moments

The Behavioral Analysis Unit on Criminal Minds has always prided itself on being a family, but on Wednesday, the family will lose one member: agent Jennifer "JJ" Jareau (A.J. Cook).

Cook's contract was not renewed by CBS in June, and the actress — who, with the exception of the pilot, has been a regular since the first season — will bid adieu to her BAU crew in Wednesday's episode, appropriately titled "JJ."

In honor of her imminent departure, we're looking back at the top moments featuring our favorite pistol-whippin', dart-throwing communications liaison from the past six seasons.

8. Mother Knows Best
Sure, this was just from last week's Season 6 premiere, "The Longest Night," but JJ's four-minute speech to unsub Billy Flynn (Tim Curry) — who was holding a young girl hostage — gave Cook a showcase moment in her penultimate episode. Untrained in hostage-negotiation tactics, JJ gets through to Flynn when she works the personal angle, telling him she's a mother herself, and that the pain his mother caused him when he was a child was not right.

7. "It Does Get Better"
Details about JJ's background come few and far in between, but in Season 5's "Risky Business," we learn that her sister committed suicide when JJ was 11, and that she gave JJ her necklace before doing so. JJ shares this information with Hotch (Thomas Gibson) in an emotional scene after the team solves a case involving teen suicides — one of Hotch's first cases following the murder of his ex-wife, Haley (Meredith Monroe), by The Reaper (C. Thomas Howell).

6. "You're Not My Friend"
As she works closely with victims' families, JJ is arguably the heart and soul of the BAU, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have some 'tude. Serial killer Jacob Dawes (Michael Massee) finds out firsthand in Season 1's "Riding the Lightning" when he tries to exercise a privilege only JJ's buddies have (at :35 mark below).

5. First (Public) Kiss
What a secret-keeper that JJ is! Or at least she tried to be. JJ keeps her romance with Detective Will LaMontagne (Josh Stewart) — who was first introduced in Season 2's "Jones" — on the down-low for a year because she was afraid to accept that it was "real." But after working another case together in Season 3's "In Heat" — and being pushed by Prentiss (Paget Brewster) to "go for him" — JJ smooches her beau in front of her unsurprised colleagues.

4. The Godfather
JJ and Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) have always had a special relationship. Remember when he took her on a date to a Washington Redskins game in the first season? Or that she's the only person who calls him "Spence" (even though we haven't heard her call him that in years)? So it was no surprise that JJ asks the resident genius to be her son Henry's godfather in Season 4's "Memoriam" — hours after Reid returned from solving a case involving his absentee father, William (Taylor Nichols).

3. "I Like My Role"
Season 2's JJ-centric "North Mammon" was the first episode to give us insight into her past, as we learn that JJ was a high school soccer star from a small Pennsylvania town (so small, that it didn't have bowling alleys, she reveals in "The Big Game.") The abduction of three high school athletes in her hometown, obviously, strikes a chord with her, and she pushes hard to solve the case (3:40-6:55). Hotch tells her she did "exceptional work" afterward and asks if she ever considered taking classes to become a full-fledged profiler. "No. I like my role," she says, confidently explaining the value of her job (6:55-8:05).

2. "Why the Woods, JJ?"
JJ the jokester! During a discussion about their greatest fears in Season 2's "Boogeyman," JJ pulls a fast one on Reid and Morgan (Shemar Moore) when she offers a rather convincing — but ultimately fake — tale explaining her fear of the woods that involves camp, blood and murder.

AND THE #1 is....

1. Shot Through the Head (and Glass)
Nothing was more bad-ass than when JJ — who rarely collars or shoots unsubs, given her job — shoots James Colby Baylor right in the head (Bailey Chase) through a glass door at the BAU headquarters in Season 3's "Penelope." After shooting but not killing Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness), Baylor tailed our frightened technical analyst all episode. Garcia later thanks and apologizes to JJ because she "never wanted [her] to have to do something like that." "You do whatever it takes to protect your family," JJ responds.

Note: You will see time codes because tvguide has the scenes in clips Click here.
Old September 30 2010, 02:01 AM   #39
Half
CSI Level Two

Location: "Sometimes we need to accept that the world is going to go to hell with or without our approval."

Last edited by IceStar5; September 30 2010 at 04:39 AM.
Half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2010, 02:07 AM   #40
electra
Pathologist

Alex,You are quite something!!Now I know why you like Emily and Rossi so much.

Thanks for the list ,destiny.

Last edited by electra; September 30 2010 at 02:24 AM.
electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2010, 02:17 AM   #41
CCA
Police Officer

Location: The only state where you can point to your hand, and say “I live here!”
Send a message via AIM to CCA Send a message via MSN to CCA

...wow after that episode I feel like sulking and being depressed for the next week
Old September 30 2010, 02:27 AM   #42
mjszud
Captain

View mjszud's Twitter Profile

Old September 30 2010, 02:36 AM   #43
PerfectAnomaly
Resident Smart Ass

Old September 30 2010, 03:01 AM   #44
Destiny
Still Sanity Challenged!

Haven't watched the ep yet double-header baseball game tonight. Will watch or tape it west coast time.

Twitter, twitter, tweet

JM:
-Tonight we say good-by to @ ajcookofficial We love her and miss her everyday [NOTE KV wasn't working that day]

TG:
-thank you AJ Cook for five great seasons of working with you...! everyone make sure to catch tonight's CM episode "JJ"

MGG:
-Tonight (on American TV) is AJ Cooks last episode of CM. I miss her even more than spence does

Rachel Nichols Books Guest Arc on Criminal Minds

Former Alias star Rachel Nichols has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on Criminal Minds, a show rep tells TVGuide.com

Nichols' character was originally conceived as a replacement for departing cast member A.J. Cook's JJ, according to Deadline, which first reported Nichols' casting. However, Nichols' role has since been reduced to a three-episode arc to air later this season. Cook's last episode airs Wednesday.

Nichols, who played computer genius Rachel Gibson on the fifth season of Alias, has also appeared in such films as P2, Star Trek, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Source: Deadline.com

Rachel Nichols (Star Trek) has been tapped for an arc on Criminal Minds later this season. Criminal Minds had been planning to add a new female regular cast member in the wake of the A.J. Cook's departure. I hear the character Alias alumna Nichols will play, FBI cadet Ashley Seager, was originally envisioned as a new regular but that has changed, and Nichols will now appear in 3 episodes.

Last edited by Destiny; September 30 2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Spoiler Tag
Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2010, 03:07 AM   #45
PerfectAnomaly
Resident Smart Ass

Haven't watched the ep yet double-header baseball game tonight. Will watch or tape it west coast time.

Twitter, twitter, tweet

JM:
-Tonight we say good-by to @ ajcookofficial We love her and miss her everyday [NOTE KV wasn't working that day]

TG:
-thank you AJ Cook for five great seasons of working with you...! everyone make sure to catch tonight's CM episode "JJ"

MGG:
-Tonight (on American TV) is AJ Cooks last episode of CM. I miss her even more than spence does

Rachel Nichols Books Guest Arc on Criminal Minds

Former Alias star Rachel Nichols has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on Criminal Minds, a show rep tells TVGuide.com

Nichols' character was originally conceived as a replacement for departing cast member A.J. Cook's JJ, according to Deadline, which first reported Nichols' casting. However, Nichols' role has since been reduced to a three-episode arc to air later this season. Cook's last episode airs Wednesday.

Nichols, who played computer genius Rachel Gibson on the fifth season of Alias, has also appeared in such films as P2, Star Trek, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Source: Deadline.com

Rachel Nichols (Star Trek) has been tapped for an arc on Criminal Minds later this season. Criminal Minds had been planning to add a new female regular cast member in the wake of the A.J. Cook's departure. I hear the character Alias alumna Nichols will play, FBI cadet Ashley Seager, was originally envisioned as a new regular but that has changed, and Nichols will now appear in 3 episodes.

They were seriously considering replacing her???

Last edited by Destiny; September 30 2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Spoiler tag to quote, as I did in my post.
PerfectAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote