RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,357
Members: 11,288
Currently online: 61
Newest member: cscprof

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > Grissom's Office > CSI Files News Items

CSI Files News Items Discussion of news articles from CSI Files.

Old August 11 2010, 06:50 AM   #1
CSI Files
CSI Level Three

Several 'CSI' Actors Make The List Of Top Earners

TVGuide.com posted a list of TV’s top earning stars, and four actors from the CSI franchise made the cut. CSI: Miami’s leading man David Caruso (Horatio Caine) and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading lady Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) tied as the highest earners from the CSI series—each of them is pulling in $375,000 per episode. [...]

More...
CSI Files is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Faylinn
Adam Fangirl

Re: Several 'CSI' Actors Make The List Of Top Earners

I know it's all relative, but damn - I'd love to make that much money in a year (or two years, even). Hey, CBS, I can whip off my sunglasses too!

Also, I think it's kind of...not necessarily strange, exactly, but it's strange that some of the actors doing half-hour comedies make more than the actors doing hour dramas. (I wonder if it has to do with the syndication potential of a comedy vs a drama? I really have no idea how any of this stuff works.)
Old August 11 2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Geeno
Pathologist

I'll assume the top earners list is incomplete because I can't believe the supporting cast of the CSIs aren't on the list. The lowest on the list is $30000/episode, and Snooki of Jersey Shore is earning it! Don't tell me she's earnng more than anyone on CSI except the leads!
Old August 11 2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Grissom rules
CSI Level Two

I'd love to make that much money!!Tv actors are way overpaid.
Grissom rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Theresa
Lab Technician

Geeno, that surprises me too that the supporting CSI actors are making less than $30,000 an episode, especially Emily Procter. I also noticed that Simon Baker, the star of the successful series, The Mentalist, didn't even make the list and that Alex O'Loughlin, who has never had a successful series, is making such a high salary. I wish someone would confirm if the list is incomplete or not.

Last edited by Theresa; August 11 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2010, 12:11 PM   #6
greatfan
Captain

Location: Already missing Miami , Mr. Wolfe & Nat .Banner by Blinded By Smoke, icon by ?.

^^
The supporting cast is most likely listed under a different category.They were all making much more several seasons ago,and poor economy or not,they didn't take that huge a pay cut where they would be making less than half of what they made before.
The list also seems incomplete, as if other factors were a part of how they are made up.There are people completely missing from the list that were there before.

Last edited by great_snowflake; August 11 2010 at 01:35 PM.
greatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2010, 04:48 PM   #7
myfuturecsi
Corpse

Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
Geeno, that surprises me too that the supporting CSI actors are making less than $30,000 an episode, especially Emily Procter. I also noticed that Simon Baker, the star of the successful series, The Mentalist, didn't even make the list and that Alex O'Loughlin, who has never had a successful series, is making such a high salary. I wish someone would confirm if the list is incomplete or not.
It's hard to be sympathetic with any of the actors in a recession. But to be fair, some of them may never find work again after CSI. Not that they can't act, far from it. The showbiz world is so fickle that they may never get gigs for a while.
Old August 11 2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Florry86
CSI Level Three

Send a message via MSN to Florry86

In time of recession it is incredible how they pay these actors for a tv show. I know there's a a lot of work behind what we see (though w/ all the money they have for the production they could try and improve ), I know that everyone works really hard for even more than 9 months per years, but 375,000$ per episode is definitly too much....even for Emmys actors!!!

I won't even express my opinon on Laurie's money 'cause I think there's no need for it. It's pretty self-explanatory
Old August 11 2010, 05:33 PM   #9
blackflag
Chocoholic for Life

I think I'm going to assume that CBS is trying to keep Charlie Sheen out of jail with that 1.25 million per episode! It's just hard to come up with a 'good' reason for a star (who gets in as much trouble as he does) of a half hour show to get that much more than any of the stars of their hour long shows. (Not to mention that this season I think it will proove to be a costly mistake, and how many other shows are going to be paying for it?)

Susan
Old August 11 2010, 09:31 PM   #10
jafox
CSI Level Two

I hate that I'm even trying to defend Charlie Sheen, but to put it into perspective, Ray Ramano got 1.7 million per episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, and Kelsey Grammer got 1.6 million for Frasier. And, CBS isn't directly paying Sheen; his show is produced by a different studio (I think it's Warner Brothers), so they were the ones doing the negotiating. But once CBS renewed the show for 2 more years, I think WB had to pay up to keep Charlie. The show is successful, currently and in syndication, and it looks like the other actors are being well paid (though not to the same grandiose extent that Charlie is) so I suspect he may be worth it. I haven't watched it in years, so I can't really speak to the quality.
It is obvious that sitcom actors get paid well for less work, but the shows are cheap to produce; no special effects or off site shooting, or grand sets to configure. So the actors are the biggest expense of the show. If the show makes a lot of money, might as well give it to them.
jafox is offline   Reply With Quote