**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Maybe they changed it 'cause, also thanks to some of our posts, they realized that it was utterly ridiculous to have Calleigh's ghost wandering in Miami :rolleyes:

You know that is actually interesting, since it seems like something changed for that episode right when Adam was announced to come back for the ninth season of the show and ever since then we haven't heard anything about the show nor about the episodes after 8x20.
    Again, I don't want to speculate but some question marks come to my mind :shifty:

I also believe they will change some things because of the ratings disappointment. They have to.....if they actually want the show to survive ;)

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

I don't mean any offense to anyone; but it seems ridiculous to assume that Adam and Emily have this much control or influence over the show. I think the earlier intepretations of episode 8x20 led us to believe that it was her ghost IDK. Its possible that there is a major shakup; but it may not have anything to do with the cast. Maybe it is with the producers, maybe the writers, who knows. Maybe someone is actually listening to our concerns.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If there is some sort of shakeup,I hope it is from among TPTB.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You might be correct about that... as its been said that Ann Donahue's contract expires soon. So maybe the shakeup is dealing with whether or not she'll resign with the show.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I do as well. I think they lost touch with the over-all audience about 4 seasons ago and the show has been suffering ever since.

The writers seriously need to be re-evaluated in any "shakeup" as well.

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I hope Calleigh's still the ghost along with Patrick, this is most interesting spoiler I've ever read. I hope go through with it. I'll probably be watching Tom Jerry on Monday instead of the rerun...and the miss the darn promo AGAIN:rolleyes:

Spring Break is so fitting, but it should be aired nest not some rerun.

The season's almost done, AHHHH!:eek: Time certainly flies.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Time does fly, wow. I can't believe it!!!

I was wondering though, do we know of any of the actor's contract status? I know someone said Ann Donahue's was up soon, what about the actors? That would be interesting to know. Not that contracts are a promise, but I read on TVguide.com that Eric is leading a lab investigation and it will shake up the cast or something...

I need to know more about Delko's undercover investigation of the lab on CSI: Miami. What's he going to find? — Marshall
    ADAM: "That investigation will reveal the most dramatic betrayal in Horatio Caine's career," co-executive producer Barry O'Brien tells us. "It puts Horatio in a light we've never seen him in before, questioning the loyalties of his team. ... It will rock the fabric of the team and threaten at least one — if not more — CSI's future." Hmm, maybe
    that's the reason Delko will be back. -Source... http://www.tvguide.com

SO, what do you guys think? I believe it someone leaves, it'll be Eddie or Omar, but I don't want to lose them either. I would be very disappointed if it were Jonathan, because he is so established and, IMO, one of the best the show has!!!

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks Blinded. Too bad there isn't a more interesting answer there...it's the same that was said before.

I think I'm done trying to figure out who it will be -- I'm more frustrated at this point. Why must there ALWAYS be trust issues with this team?!! It's not exciting for me to see them question each other constantly -- it's OLD, & TPTB have used this so many times before!
    I would really like to see a SOLID team; end this 'trust' garbage once & for all.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Why can't TPTB try something new,like team camaraderie. They may find the viewers actually like it.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think you're right, greatfan. There have been a lot of complaints about the lack of "team" on this show. Having additional trust issues pop up, like there hasn't been enough disconnect on this team already, it another old, tired, repeat story that is hurting the show. NO ONE wants to keep watching the same stories over and over again.

I believe that the audience would be much more drawn to a close, trusting team - like those on NCIS and Criminal Minds.

BTW, I was speaking to my daughter, who is a huge Castle fan, and someone who watches ABC a lot, and she said the Castle episode Monday night was a big one - and it received over the top promotion on ABC, along with Dancing with the Stars. I watch Castle, but on DVR. I don't generally watch ABC so I didn't see the promotion. I watch CBS, so I can attest to the LACK of promotion for CSI Miami.

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

If anyone has to leave it CAN'T be Jonathan. I'll pick Eddie leave and keep Omar. The whole Jesse character seems shoved down our throats while Nat and Ryan has been left behind. Just my opinion.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*pops in* Ok, so I heard you guys hadn't seen any spoilers for any episodes past 8.20, which is odd since I've definitely seen them. :confused: I don't usually come in here, so I hope this is an okay way to present the spoilers.

As always, spoilers are subject to change - nothing I post about here is written in stone, and spoilers can always end up being inaccurate or misleading when the episodes actually air. :)

Episode 21:

8.21 "Meltdown":

~ A man named Ben is trying to buy a ring for his girlfriend at a jewelry store, but he doesn't have enough money yet. He doesn't mind waiting a little bit longer, though - she deserves it.

~ Meanwhile, outside the jewelry store, a man covered with tattoos (Joe) sticks something into a flower pot in front of the store and heads toward a car. He settles in, watching the jewelry store in the rear view mirror. He sees a man wearing sunglasses and a man in a baseball cap (and sunglasses) enter the store - that's his cue. He drives into the center of the intersection and stops his car, getting out and lifting the hood as traffic starts to pile up in every direction. He pretends there's something wrong with the car and heads off to find a tow truck - but he just tosses the keys into a garbage can as soon as he turns the corner.

~ Inside the jewelry store, the man with the sunglasses and the man with the baseball cap knock down the security guard and fire his gun toward the ceiling. Their voices sound electronic as they tell everyone to get down on the ground. The owner, Leonard, pushes the alarm button, but the thieves don't even care. They move around the store, stealing gold jewelry and putting it into pouches sewn into the inside of their jackets.

~ When the man with the baseball cap sees Ben holding the ring he wants to buy for his girlfriend, he demands that Ben hand it over, but Ben hesitates - he doesn't want to give it up. They struggle a bit, and Ben knocks off the man's sunglasses - they look into each other's eyes, and Ben asks why the man is doing this. Ben doesn't get an answer - instead, he gets shot and is left bleeding on the ground.

~ The thieves leave the store with the jewelry as police sirens can be heard approaching - but they aren't worried. They hop on two waiting motorcycles and speed off. The 'accident' in the middle of the intersection stops the cops from being able to pursue them, and the men zip through traffic on their motorcycles.

~ The police try to pursue the thieves, but it's like they vanished into thin air - or perhaps into the back of a truck that could hide the motorcycles and allow them to escape undetected.

~ Leonard (the man who owns the jewelry store) denies being in on the heist - but Frank has trouble believing him since the thieves apparently had keys to the jewelry cases. The man shows them the security footage, hoping it will clear his name - but all they see is static. Natalia locates the object the tattooed driver (Joe) stuck in a flower pot in front of the store. It's a jamming device - there's no way they'll get any useful surveillance footage from the jewelry store.

~ When the team gets a lead, Calleigh and Tripp follow it to a garage. They find a truck with two motorcycles in the back, and Calleigh sees a bag full of diamonds in the trash. Confused, they head toward the garage - where they see Joe with his back to them, holding a gun. They hear a gunshot, and Joe hits the ground, dead.

~ When Calleigh and Frank find their unseen shooter, they recognize him: it's Jake Berkeley (Johnny Whitworth).

~ It looks like Eric is officially back at the lab. I also see Rick Stetler and Dave Benton in the spoilers.

~ Also, a bag of diamonds (presumably the ones found outside the garage) goes missing from the evidence locker at the lab.​

Episode 22:

8.22 "Mommie Deadest":

~ The episode opens on a party - it's Chuck and Laura's 20th wedding anniversary, and everybody is reminiscing about how perfect their family is. Their children, Alyssa and Cody, are wandering around the party with a video camera, taping the guests on this joyous occasion.

~ Unfortunately, the perfect evening comes to a tragic end when Laura is found dead outside, next to the garage. She had the video camera with her when she died, but all the team is able to see on the tape is Laura being hit from behind and then struck repeatedly while she was on the ground. The killer stayed out of frame.

~ The team looks into the family's perfect life - and they discover that things were not so perfect after all. When they scratch the surface, they find out that Laura was not the wonderful mother she appeared to be from the outside.

~ Meanwhile, Eric is investigating the lab for Assistant State Attorney Rebecca Nevins - I believe it relates to the missing diamonds from episode 8.21. He doesn't like sneaking around, but she insists that this is necessary. Part of his investigation involves looking into the team's bank records. Walter gets upset with Eric when Rebecca confronts him about something from his past - something that Walter told Eric and no one else.​

Episode 23:

8.23 [Unknown title at this point]:

~ There is a car bombing, and the police suspect that it was a deliberate assassination. The victim: Assistant State Attorney Rebecca Nevins. Eric was on his way to meet with her in her car - he narrowly avoided being caught in the blast himself.

~ The team follows the GPS coordinates from the bomber's car to Ryan's apartment. He comes in as the police are trashing the place, confused about why they are there. A uniformed officer finds a bag of diamonds (from 8.21) in the bedroom. Ryan denies stealing the diamonds - is he guilty, or is someone trying to set him up?​

Dun dun duuuuuuuuun! :eek: 8.23 looks especially exciting.

That's all I have so far. According to what I've seen, Miami has 24 episodes this season, so the finale spoilers are still forthcoming. :)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Holy crap! Thank you again Faylinn :p

Wow... Jake, Rebecca dead, Ryan supposedly stealing :eek: Now I'm a little psyched.....but it better not unfold badly, if Ryan is guilty I'll throw a tantrum & someone will get strangled :evil:

14. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

how do you know all this??? did you get it from a website??:):)

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Crikey those are some spoilers.

Though what's with the constant vilifying of Ryan. Somewhere out there someone is responding "And we'll keep doing it until we get it right!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.