Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GNRF what other crossovers? On the Miami one, the characters were Cath and Warrick going down there, what new characters were introduced? have there been more? and maybe they do have a "purpose";) we don't know till we know~

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think she means the crossover to Miami was to introduce the Miami characters/show to us. :)

My theory is, they think if they can put Ray (LF) on the other two shows, their viewers will like him and follow him back to Vegas, thus bringing the ratings back up.

If that's what they're doing...just putting LF on the other two shows...I don't think it's going to work. But that's just my opinion. :)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The Vegas crossover introduced the Miami team. I believe those are the characters GNRF was speaking of.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if it was confusing. I probably jumbled my words up a bit. Haven't gotten much sleep lately. :lol: The Vegas/Miami crossover introduced the Miami world to us, the Miami/NY one introduced the NY world to us. :lol: Although Miami/NY did do another crossover because I remember Horatio and Lindsey being on the same time. :lol: And obviously when NY started Lindsey wasn't there. :lol:

I think you may be right about that, Smokey. That is probably why they're doing that. But like you, I don't think it'll work the way they're intending it to. People who don't watch Vegas don't watch it for a reason and they by now know that LF is on there. So, if they haven't already started watching, then bringing him to the other two shows most likely won't bring them to watch this one. :lol:

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Sorry GNRF I didn't realize that was the first time we saw Miami, I don't watch that show, so I'm confused as well:lol: no problemo. Good theories everyone~

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Uniting all three shows is a pretty cool idea and one I bet they wanted to do since they started NY. Since WP didn't like the spinoffs they couldn't do it. Now that LF is on board they can so they're running with it. I still think that to make it a real memorable TV event they should combine EVERYONE from each show(well at least the CSI's)and have them interact through all the three shows. That I'm sure would get HUGE ratings.....

7. GregNickRyanFan

Well, they could have done it, just not using Grissom. :lol: I agree with you about combining everyone from all three shows. But of course, they won't do that. :lol:

8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Wait.. (sorry, feeling slow), are you being sarcastic? How that would work... everyone's screentime cut to a third of normal... so we'd end up with like one minute each for Nick and Greg.

Overall, I'm not loving the idea of a crossover. Then again, I'm not really planning on watching much of Season 10 anyway.

Is there any new word on Riley and/or LLS? I feel like they really should have given us something. Getting rid of characters has definitely seemed like one of CSI's strongest vehicles for creating drama (just think of every time any of the three shows hype a storyline where 'someone from the team/family/etc. gets killed off/is in serious, life-threatening danger' only to back out and reveal that it's a cop we've only seen a handful of times. The fact that they're not turning it into a source of drama makes me a bit suspicious -- like perhaps they haven't quite decided whether or not they might want to bring Riley back further down the line.

Then again, perhaps I'm just still in denial :rolleyes:

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I was not being sarcastic at all. If, and I mentioned this before, they had the CSI's from each show meet somewhere and then tried to solve a case, a profiency, whatever then they could start on Monday with EVERYONE, continue to Wednesday with EVERYONE and end on Thursday with EVERYONE.:cool: It would be like a three hour episode with everyone getting ample screentime to satisfy at least one or two fans from Miami, NY and LV....

I said this on another board and I think it bears repeating here. We really need to try to be a little bit postive about Season 10. And no saying "I'm positive I'm going to hate it" is not really positive..:lol:

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

They have forensic conferences all the time. Why not have it take place during a forensic conference meet up? ;)

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I think if they involve others besides just Ray from LV in the crossovers, most of us will be happy enough then. But I think if it is only Ray crossing over most of us will be disappointed.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I was thinking the same thing. This would allow most, if not all of the characters to be present. A horrible crime could have happened at the conference. Since the story is going to start in Miami than, maybe, that's where the conference is.

However, with Vegas being the 'mothership' the conference should be there. Miami could start off with them leaving for the conference and then go from there. Well, you know, something like that.

13. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

14. GregNickRyanFan

I hope so! Because with Riley gone if they don't add Liz to the opening (with the theme song), then Marg will be the only female in the opening credits. :lol:

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Unless they add Jorja Fox on for more than five episodes which I believe will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.