RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,184
Members: 11,252
Currently online: 41
Newest member: like the dawn

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > DNA Lab > Fan Art

Fan Art Investigate your creative side!

Old May 10 2009, 09:13 PM   #46
Stepherweps
The Resident Gleek

Send a message via AIM to Stepherweps Send a message via MSN to Stepherweps Send a message via Yahoo to Stepherweps
Re: CSI: New York Icons #5 - Showcase, Links, and Requests

They're all great Mari, I especially love the style of your second 100 one and your 140 one. Well done my dear.
Old May 10 2009, 09:15 PM   #47
csifann1
CSI Level Two

View csifann1's Twitter Profile

Originally Posted by Adorable_Crazy View Post
They're all great Mari, I especially love the style of your second 100 one and your 140 one. Well done my dear.
Thanks hun And congrats for the 1st place, it was more than well deserved

csifann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2009, 09:24 PM   #48
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

Location: GregNickRyanFan - with Greg, Ryan, Nicky, Jake & Adam- or w/ Dean, Cas, Sam & Gabe in the Impala

Originally Posted by happyharper13 View Post
I love the icons, GNRFan! The picture and Stella's expression are beautiful in black and white, and I love how well the text hilariously matches the pic on the third. I have to say that I think I like the second better than the first. I love the reflection and the way it's cropped so that it's not equal on both sides and so that it follows the rule of thirds. It gives it a beautiful asymetrical feel.
Thanks. The second b/w one was one of the photoshop filters/effects, but I can't remember which one. I was just playing around with it. I am not sure what rule of thirds means. That icon was a bit of another oopsy. I actually meant to crop it so that it was even, but I forgot to.

I like the Payton ones (that is Payton, right? ) it looks like she's picking up a firefly or something. A neat effect. The third one is lovely too, looks like its right out of a b/w movie. Very nice.

csifann1, did you use brushes for your first two 100x100 ones? The handprint and the sparklies? Would you mind sharing how you did the lighter "bonasera" on the third one? I can never get my picture programs to do that. And I love your 140x140 one.

Steph, I love the font on your first Stella one. How did you get the font that almost clearish look on the Kendall one?
Old May 10 2009, 09:40 PM   #49
csifann1
CSI Level Two

Originally Posted by GregNickRyanFan View Post

csifann1, did you use brushes for your first two 100x100 ones? The handprint and the sparklies? Would you mind sharing how you did the lighter "bonasera" on the third one? I can never get my picture programs to do that. And I love your 140x140 one.
In the first one I used this textures [layer option: screen] and the second the handprint it's a brush that I got in devianart.com, sorry but I don't remember the link, search "fingerprint brushes' and I think you'll find something

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shadow", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle...

Hope it was helpfull

Last edited by csifann1; May 10 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old May 10 2009, 09:47 PM   #50
Stepherweps
The Resident Gleek

Send a message via AIM to Stepherweps Send a message via MSN to Stepherweps Send a message via Yahoo to Stepherweps

Originally Posted by csifann1 View Post
Originally Posted by Adorable_Crazy View Post
Thanks hun And congrats for the 1st place, it was more than well deserved
Aww, thank you so much dear, it means alot coming from you.

Steph, I love the font on your first Stella one. How did you get the font that almost clearish look on the Kendall one?
Thanks, It's called Base 02, as for the text on my Kendall one, well I just set it to white, and then turned down the opacity of it... Hope this helps.
Old May 10 2009, 10:20 PM   #51
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

Location: GregNickRyanFan - with Greg, Ryan, Nicky, Jake & Adam- or w/ Dean, Cas, Sam & Gabe in the Impala

In the first one I used this textures [layer option: screen] and the second the handprint it's a brush that I got in devianart.com, sorry but I don't remember the link, search "fingerprint brushes' and I think you'll find something

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shop", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle...

Hope it was helpfull
Thanks. A question about the "drop shop" thing though... I have PS7. Can this be done on there too? Or on PSP Photo X2?

===

Steph, thanks for the explanation on the light font. I think I may be able to do something like that on PS7 or PSP. Is opacity the same as transparency? Cause Picture It has transparency, but not opacity.

==

2 for the butterfly overlay I used Dreamlight, but I really like the way some of the butterflies landed on the "t" in her name.
Old May 10 2009, 10:25 PM   #52
Stepherweps
The Resident Gleek

Yeah, I think that opacity and transparency would be the same thing... Glad I was able to help you. Great icons by the way, I especially like the style of the first one.
Old May 10 2009, 10:27 PM   #53
csifann1
CSI Level Two

I use photoshop CS3, I just go to blending option "drop shop", put the color you want, mine is white, be sure that the blend mode is not multiply, I put normal, and then just play with the distance, angle...

Hope it was helpfull
Thanks. A question about the "drop shop" thing though... I have PS7. Can this be done on there too? Or on PSP Photo X2?
Hmm... I can't answer to that question sorry,.
Wait a minute, did I said "Drop shop"?
I'm sorry, I must be blind or something, it's "drop shadow"

*goes editing last post*

Great icons, I love the 2nd, it has an interesting coloring

Old May 10 2009, 10:32 PM   #54
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

Wait a minute, did I said "Drop shop"?
I'm sorry, I must be blind or something, it's "drop shadow"
See, I didn't even notice. I'm clueless about that stuff.

Thanks for all your help with answering my questions and all, Steph and csifann1. I'm just getting used to PS and getting reacquainted with PSP. (although it is a new version lol)

For the second batch of icons I posted today, on the first two, I used PSP's time machine feature.
Old May 10 2009, 10:35 PM   #55
addictedtoSpeed
Judge

Location: first love was Nick, fell for Flack, loving Ryan, and always addicted to Speed
View addictedtoSpeed's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to addictedtoSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to addictedtoSpeed

From the Ladies challenge:

My 140x140

addictedtoSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2009, 10:37 PM   #56
Stepherweps
The Resident Gleek

No problem GNRFan, I'm happy to help.

Those are great Kristine, I love the effect you've used on the first one, and your 140 one is adorable. The little star fits really well with the text, it's great.

A random Mac icon which I made earlier.

Old May 10 2009, 10:38 PM   #57
csifann1
CSI Level Two

No prob GNRF

Awesome Mac icon Steph, as always, right ?

FallenForFlack, I'm with your improving
Great job on those!

Old May 10 2009, 10:38 PM   #58
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator

FallenForFlack, I really like that on the "wow" one, it looks like she's looking at the word.

Love that Mac one, Steph.
Old May 11 2009, 01:27 AM   #59
addictedtoSpeed
Judge

Location: first love was Nick, fell for Flack, loving Ryan, and always addicted to Speed
View addictedtoSpeed's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to addictedtoSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to addictedtoSpeed

Thanks so much Adorable_Crazy, csifann1, and GregNickRyanFan! I appreciate it!

addictedtoSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2009, 08:55 AM   #60
Hannah06_95
Police Officer

Send a message via MSN to Hannah06_95

Here's mine from the Ladies Challenge:

And One More...
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...21053f90b8.jpg

Hannah06_95 is offline   Reply With Quote