Season 9 *Spoiler* Picture Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 16, 2008.

1. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

In regards to all the comments about Nick's lack of emotion:

While I love Emo!Nick - the man can cry with the best of them - I adored the fiercely determined and frosty laser-like focus that Avenging!Nick was giving us in For Warrick.

I think this continued lack of emotion we're seeing is a defense mechanism on his part. He's suffered a great deal of trauma over the years and losing his best friend in such a sudden and violent way is the straw that broke the camel's back. I can see Nick kind of shutting his emotions down at this point and just focusing on the job.

Plus, I think George has a very clear idea of who Nick is and how he wants the character to be viewed. And having Nick mooning around all teary eyed about the death of his best friend may not be quite the manly Texan image he wants. Let's not forget that he was the one who cut short the post traumatic stress that Nick was supposed to suffer post-Grave Danger.

Also, let's just imagine what life would've been like in the Stokes household for Young Nick. I'm betting that Judge Stokes was a tough dad of the "suck it up, shake it off, get back on that horse" variety. I can totally see Nick going the repression/anger route, trying to soldier on, rather than the mournful route.

I'm curious to see if he'll be able to keep a tight lid on all that emotion and if we will get to see that internal struggle played out in future episodes. One can only hope.

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

More pics of Grissom and none of the other members of the team.

Well, look at this way, Grissom is done after Episode 10 and then we will see promo pics of the others. No wait, that's right, Laurence Fishburne is joining so the promo pics will be all him.

However, I am looking forward to him joining the show. To see how it plays out.

As for Nick, according to David Rambo we will NOT be seeing Nick break down over this. I'm not surprised. However, he shouldn't be breaking down at work, neither of them should. When you're at work, you have to leave it at home. Even if it is hard to do.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Trouble is it's not a script or scene we will ever see because it's not a story any of TPTB are willing to engage their time in. They will be too busy formulating the character of Dr. Ray Langston and Riley and the rest of the characters will be forgotten about.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Indeed he does, he's so damn gorgeous...& one of the greatest actors on this show, maybe on the earth, and always will be, he rocks. And nice site Rocky and wow, the minature killer herself in a hanging mode, is she going to do this, or is she cunning enough to be messing or mocking with Grissom's mind? so she's still a lunatic, either way, and look's like she hasn't changed one bit:confused: This will be such a riveting episode, can't wait~

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  5. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Yeah, they could lay off the Billy/Grissom photos. I'm tired of it. I'd rather see Cath and the others. Marg's too gorgeous to not take pictures of. :)

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol. I keep reminding myself that these are Billy's/Grissom's last episodes so it's understandable that not only the plotlines but the pics are focused on him, but sometimes it just doesn't work that well. :D Despite not liking Grissom at the moment, I do appreciate Billy as an actor, but still, one can get tired of those pics when all you see in (almost) all of them are the same person. I know we've had a few Catherine pics, but to me they never get enough. lol. I'm also looking forward to seeing promo pics of Nick, Greg (poor guys), perhaps Riley and the labrats.

7. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I just hate that's he's treated like the most important person on the show, when I'm sorry, out of everyone I'm usually most disappointed by his performance. He's a great actor outside of CSI, no question but on this show, I've never been truly blown away by him and I don't believe he's a more vital asset to the show than Marg or anyone else. They're the two leads, I understand that, but lately you'd think he was the only person on the show and he's not.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I know. I think after eight years fans are really getting kind of bored with the set up of the show and TPTB seem to not get that at all.

When I've watched Carol M. in interviews all she can talk about is Grissom. They are so hyperfocused on him and it's kind of sad.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree. After eight years of someone *cough* always being in the spotlight, some people (me) are getting a little less ticked, and alot more irratated. It must be hellacious trying to get from behind Billy's shadow. Maybe that's why we don't see them.

But trying to be positive, I will say that after epi 10, the rest of the cast will get to be in part of the spotlight.

10. Rocky11

Rocky11 CSI Level One

I dont you can blame Billy for that,blame it on the person who give`s us the stills pictures.I like Billy a lot,
    but also George and Marg.

11. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

hate to break this to you, but he's the leading man on the show.

You'll get your way soon when he's gone.
    Seriously, look up 'leading man', and see what it says.

Cos you know what, he's the least needy leading man in the business. Which is a shame, as he's the best thing about the show, and the best actor that's been anywhere near the CSI franchise.

Yet again the disrespect for a wonderful actor and a man who has done so much for this show is staggering on here.

And I'm yet again scolding myself for being so stupid as to look in this thread again, DOH!

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Everyone of the cast has said at one point or another that they are an ensemble cast, one big happy family. Where no one leads and no one follows. -- The Character of Grissom will be leaving the show, my bet is they are trying to wrap up his character so that if there are any questions left they will more then likely be minor ones that we could figure out as we and the show goes. This will more then likely mean that he will get more screen time and more pics will be put out as well, those who don't like it you don't have to click and look, most links show what the pic will be.

Here is the thing this isn't here to take digs at any of the characters/actors (or folks that like them) while we might like the cast overall, there are some who have their most favs, or least favs and that is fine. This isn't about whose fav is or isn't getting more pics out. This is for pics from future eps, if you want to complain because your fav isn't getting enough attention with regards to pics there is a thread more then likely for that character/actor. -- Keep in mind alot of people are trying to find pics to satisfy everyone who want to see their favorites and not just going on who they like only. Doing this makes us ensemble members. We all know that disappointed feeling of not being able to see more then one or two of your favs while seeing what seems like ten or tweleve of your least favorite (which is a fav of someones). Lets just keep in mind that patients tends to win out in the end and if you aren't then all you are doing is making yourself more agitated about it.
    Guess the question is, is it better to argue and be agitated or be patient and go with the flow? (not a question you have to actually answer me on).

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Destiny's real name is Buddha!:guffaw:

Before I say let's move on, I just want to to respond to this comment.

Just because some of us don't have Billy Petersen as our favourite actor or Gil Grissom as our favourite character doesn't mean we're stupid. This comment made me feel that way and I think it wasn't fair.

So hopefully more pics of OTHER cast members comes out.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  14. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I agree. It was condescending and uncalled for. Grissom is the leading man and Marg is the leading lady; our point is that doesn't make him the WHOLE show. They were cast as the leads for CSI; everyone knows that. But that has nothing to do with valid points that were made about the bias from TPTB.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I can tell all of you this much the title of this thread is "Season 9 *Spoiler* Picture Thread" and its reason for being here is "This is the Picture thread and discussion of said pictures for future episodes." -- I can tell all of you what this is not for debating/baiting/insulting whatever you feel is being done. If you want to discuss any character/actor being the lead on a show they have their respective threads. Now if you look a little bit up you will see I made a 'post' which was done in hopes of getting folks to chill out and move on.

Thank you. ;)