Danny/Lindsay #23: Because it is a big deal to us!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Little_Peaches, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Well, hello everyone and welcome to the 23rd DL thread - here's hoping that we can break our previous record and hit 40,000 views by our 1000th post!

For all newbies (and those that need a little reminder) here is the link to the shipper rules. A necessary evil I'm afraid, please read? :D Shipper Rules

For those of you still to catch up I'm being a lovely person & throwing a link into Danny/Lindsay #22

I believe our latest discussion was regarding what would you do if you were in Lindsay's shoes?

Perhaps this face? :lol: (Thank you Megan)

[​IMG]

One final thing from me, Dutch! Where's the champagne cocktails? Cider for the kiddies :p

I sooo hope this works! Peaches x

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

New thread! peaches you ROCK!

Look at the yearning in SSMM's eyes :devil: Remind me not to tick Lindsay off in the future? Oh and I would take her slingshot and shot pebbles at Danny and Lady V because I am childish like that :evil:

*grabs the champagne* Tosses out m&m's for everyone as well ;)

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

[​IMG] Yeah [​IMG] Congrats on the new thread every one!

Did I hear some one ask for cocktails? [​IMG] Cheers! And it's open bar in 'The 8-ball' of course :cool:

I'm not sure I actually wanna be in Lindsay's shoes. The only time I really wished I was Lindsay was at the start of SD and she certainly wasn't wearing any shoes then :devil: ...Yup GutterTime again :p

[​IMG]

Great job Peaches! :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Omg!! It really has been a while since I stepped in here for a good convo since I had that really busy month I just havent got back into the swing of things *slap me*

I had to be given a kick to realise we had a new thread!......*Yeh ok that enough slapping!*

Good Job on the thread Peaches ;)

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Yay! New thread. Cool title *cough* :lol:

If I was Lindsay, assuming I knew everything that had happened, I think I'd need to step back from him for a while. Not being good at dealing with other people's emotions (as Lindsay, not me), I think I'd need to deal with my own before trying to support him with his. I'd want some personal space, yet I'd also want to know that he's okay. I'd try to understand that his actions were driven by grief but I'd still likely be hurt. Eventually I'd want to be his friend, I'd remember what he'd done for me and I'd want to be there for him. In some ways I'd want to be there for him now but I don't think I'd be able to do that while I'm so hurt myself.

I guess I'd also need to know how he felt about me. If he loved me then why did he think it was okay to sleep with someone else? I wouldn't even contemplate being with him again unless I was certain that he loved me too and that he'd commit to the long run with me, oh and he'd never, ever do something like that again.

At the moment Lindsay knows he misses her but I doubt that would be good enough. I don't think she's someone who will recover well from being hurt and once she knows about Rikki she's gonna need her space. :)

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Congrats on the new thread, great title! :thumbsup:

I agree with what you first said, if I was Lindsay and knew everything that had happened I'd need time to myself. Since we never got any confirmation that Danny and Lindsay were actually together (I mean, just cause you've spent the night doesn't mean you're a couple, right?) she could just say it's his right cause it's his life. They never said they were together so why be upset? But if they had said they were together and I was Lindsay I would be terribly hurt. I also would not be letting him get away with the 'grief' card. Noway!

7. JellyBelly

You know, I wonder how much the 'they aren't together' argument has been influenced by the people who never wanted them together in the first place. I know we had no conclusive canonised proof of them being together but it was the 'obvious' conclusion to be drawn imo. At the beginning of S4 PV said they were together but that we would just see little moments while they were at work. In that statement she basically said that there wouldn't be any overtly romantic stuff between them and I wonder if that's because they expected the wider audience to just 'get it'. It seems to me that an awful lot of people believed they were together, even a lot of people who didn't like it.

Admittedly, I hadn't been around here for long before things started to go wrong so I can't really comment on what people were saying about D/L and their relationship status at the time. But, I do wonder how much of the 'they weren't even in a relationship' argument has stemmed from some people who never wanted them in a relationship in the first place and who now want to give Danny a pass for 'cheating' because they really don't want to label him that way as they don't want to re-evaluate their opinion of him.

It's interesting actually, I'd almost forgotten that when S4 started I was just a 'casual' viewer. I watched every episode (eventually) but did not visit the boards so had not seen any discussion and had no awareness of either PV's or anyone else's comments on their status. At that time, I honestly thought they were together, but that they didn't want it to be overtly obvious at work. It was only when I came here and saw the question mark over their status that I started to question it myself.

Sorry, just thinking 'out loud' really but something you said prompted me to question the whole are they/aren't they debate of early season 4. :)

8. eveninstarz14

Oh good gravy, to me its not a question of whether they are together or not! There were very strong feelings on at least Lindsay's part so to me it confirms that SOMETHING was going on. Whether it was casual or not, she thought it meant more than what Danny appears to be thinking. I feel like we are going in circles trying to figure out this relationship, so maybe the upcoming season will give us some answers???

Nahhh....:p

dutch I can never get enough of that picture! :drool: Gutter here I come!

9. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I know, Jelly, right? Who came up with that title? Genius! :lol:

I'm gonna take a minute to go, ooohh look at me, I didn't need to edit that! I got two links and an IMG code to work first time! :guffaw:

Moving swiftly on....

I agree that the ambiguity of whether or not they were a couple led to the DL haters crying that the relationship was non existent and an ideal excuse to go, no SSMM did not cheat. Sorry kids, but like Jelly said, the majority of people including those incredibly unhappy with it agreed that DL were together.

Given what PV has said we should know for a fact that she does not make mountains out of molehills. Again I give you 'a bump'. Yes PV defined the Rikki 'incident' as a bump. Hmmm... by that standards, if PV said they were together, we would be excused for believing they were married with a kid on the way. Just saying is all...... :rolleyes:
    'little rocky' God help us all. Bump = cheating, Rocky = suicidal Danny was the suggestion? Oy! even more - :rolleyes: and again :rolleyes:

Let's not worry, and once again just appreciate the gutter that is DL:

[​IMG]

Wonderful!

*cookies for all!*

10. JellyBelly

In the spirit of appreciating the gutter, does anyone else gaze at this picture and think what a really, really lucky girl she is? Not that she doesn't deserve it but come on, you'd be holding on for dear life!!:lol:

11. eveninstarz14

*stares at the third time the pictures pops up*

Lindsay is one LUCKY girl and hope to see more of those scenes in the future :D Grab onto those dirty blonde locks girl! You are going for a ride you won't soon forget :lol:

12. LME

LME Police Officer

*sighs* at the wonder that is that picture. I think it is safe to say that all us girls would love to have been Lindsay at the moment ;). would dearly love to be lots next season. *sighs again*

To me a "bump" in a relationship is something that you can get through. It may take some time but you work it out. So the use of that word has always either confused or intriqued me (depending on the mood I'm in).

These people have been through so much both together and seprately, I think they deserve a bit of both fluff and gutter time next season. But they need their time apart first coz it will make the reunion so much sweeter:drool:

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

new thread *throws confetti in the air* [​IMG]

I love that pic. I cant get enough of it. and while I think Lindsay is one lucky girl. I hope SSMM knows what a treasure he is holding in his arms.

LOL yeah, they are a little unreliable in this regard.

as for the whole were they/werent they debate. given what was said and done in S4 I would say they were in a realtionship. we can argue about the nature of it but it was clear that they are more then just friends

two things: talk and space

they need to talk about all that happened since NWILL. and they both need to sort themselves out before the start to sort them out

14. LME

LME Police Officer

In the second episode of New York‘s upcoming season, airing October 1, the music group Maroon 5 will make a cameo appearance. In addition to these new guest stars, the show will welcome back a previous recurring character, Rikki Sandoval (Jacqueline Pinol). Ausiello could not confirm 100%, but he suggested that Rikki will not be pregnant when she returns.

So, if she is back in the second episode and should be in for 4 episodes maybe we will get the Rikki stuff over with sooner rather than later.

I am also glad that she shouldn't be coming back pregnant.

This makes me think that perhaps she will not be the complete cause for the Danny drama this coming season. I am hoping it is more to do with Tanglewood and/or Louie.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  15. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

You are probably right about Lindsay. She can not handle it well when people in general (herself included) are in emotional distress, so it will take time and distance to forgive him. Relationship or not he did lie and make up excuses and thus broke her trust.:(

Even if they never said they were together or discussed it, Danny never contradicted her when she called him her best friend and he never said that he wasn't in love with her or that he didn't care for her more than for just any friend. So if we follow the canon facts and if I were Lindsay I would be pretty upset when my best friend lies to me and does something that may need some explaining.

That's a difficult discussion, because there really isn't any real proof that they were together after SD, but I do believe that it was what we were supposed to believe.

To me the condom spray scene and the love handles scene were put in to remind people of what they had. On the other hand the argument that it was never said out loud or that it is always Lindsay who was hinting at a relationship could be seen as proof that Danny was not seeing things in the same way as Lindsay did, but given his behaviour in season 3 that seems a little odd.

Unfortunately the canon facts are easily disregarded when people want to proof their own point. When nothing intimate happened between D/L after SD there were those who said "see it was nothing more than a drunken rump in the sack", but canon fact is that we only see them take one shot...neither one appeared to be drunk, and perhaps they only slept together once, but they both knew exactly what they were doing and neither one regretted it :devil:

I think that article combines a few details. M5 will be in the 2nd ep, but 'the series' welcome *ahem* JP back. I don't think she will already be back in 5x02

Because I feel like it...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.