Here For You - (ficlet) alt version of "Nailed"- Rave style. :)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by GregNickRyanFan, Jul 1, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Title: Here For You
    Pairing: Ryan and Valera
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: The Miami characters do not belong to me. I'm using them only for entertainment purposes. No profit will be made from this fic.
    Notes: This idea just popped into my head and I had to write it. It's an alternate version of the episode "Nailed" where Ryan got the nail in his eye. It's just a short fic, so I'm not going to go into the who did it thing (mostly cause I don't remember the woman's name lol). This is just a version of "what if". In this case it's what if Ryan and Valera had been going out for a while when he got the nail in his eye.

Here For You

Ryan and Valera had been dating for a while. Ryan had been hoping that she felt the same way about him as he did about her. He loved her, though he had not yet told her because he didn't want to scare her. He worried that she'd think it was too soon. He had later decided to tell her, but not face to face (at first, just to minimize the chances of scaring her). Instead, he got her a gift with a card and a red rose and put it in her locker.

The gift was a necklace and matching pair of earrings. His not said that he saw them in the store and thought of her... that they just screamed her name. The card was a romantic "thinking of you" card with a poem on it. The poem had the words "I love you" in it. Ryan had very carefully (with the same color pen as the font on the card) underlined those words. He had signed the card "Love, Ryan".

Max walked into the locker room and opened her locker, finding the gift, card and rose. She picked up the rose and smelled it, smiling. She picked up the gift and recognized Ryan's writing. She opened the card and read it before opening the gift. "Oh, Ryan." She whispered upon seeing the jewelry. Even though he'd been subtle with the underlining of the words on the card, she could tell that it wasn't on the card originally. She knew that Ryan was afraid it would scare her if he said the words too soon. She now realized that he felt the same way for her as she did for him.

Calleigh walked into the locker room as Valera was putting on her new jewelry. "Hey, Maxine." Calleigh greeted her friend.

"Hey, Calleigh." Max replied.

Calleigh saw the jewelry. "Wow, that's pretty. Is it from Ryan?"

"Yes, it is. The note said that he had planned on giving it to me face to face, but had to go out in the field earlier than he thought he would, so he just left it here for me."

"Oh."

"Do you know where he went?"

"No, but you could try calling him."

"Yeah, good idea." She pulled out her cell phone and dialed Ryan's cell phone. She waited while it rang until the answering service came on. She hung up. "He doesn't answer."

"He's probably not able to answer it right now. Just try later on." Calleigh told her.

"I..."

"Maxine, what is it?" Calleigh asked, noticing her friend looked upset.

"I need to know where he is now!" She said. "I have this feeling, Calleigh."

"What?"

"I have a bad feeling that something's wrong. I don't know how, but I think he may be hurt."

"Maxine, calm down. I think your imagination is working overtime."

"No, Calleigh... I'm telling you... I can feel it. I have to go. I'll see you later." She grabbed her purse and ran out of the locker room.

The next thing Maxine knew, she was driving to the location Ryan was supposed to be at. He was supposedly waiting for backup, so she figured he'd still be outside... unless her gut feeling was right and something was wrong. She pulled up and saw his vehicle, but didn't see him. She parked and got out of the car. "Ryan?" She called out.

She heard something from inside and she walked toward the door. She looked inside. "Ryan, are you here?" She saw him on the floor, bleeding. "Oh, God! Ryan!" She ran to him and dropped to her knees beside him. "Ryan, can you hear me?"

"Max..." He whispered.

"I'm here." She told him. "I'm gonna call for help. Okay?" She pulled out her phone and called it in. Once she had hung up the call, she looked at Ryan. "Hold on, baby." She said. "Help is on the way."

"Max..." He whispered again.

She leaned down and kissed him on the lips. "I love you, Ryan." She said with tears in her eyes.

Eric soon arrived and helped Max get Ryan in the car. Eric drove them to the emergency room.
    ~ ~ ~ ​

"Where were you, Eric?" Max asked him while they waited in the waiting area. "You were supposed to be his backup! Where were you?"

"Max?" Calleigh said as she arrived.

"He could have died, Eric! And all because you weren't there when you were supposed to be!"

"Maxine!" Calleigh said louder. "It's not Eric's fault."

"No, Calleigh." Eric said, feeling guilty. "She's right." He looked at Max. "I'm sorry, Maxine."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, Eric!" She snapped.

"Maxine!" Calleigh said.

Maxine sighed heavily, running her hand through her hair as tears fell from her eyes. "I'm sorry, Eric. I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just so scared."

Calleigh hugged her. "He's going to be okay, honey." Calleigh told her. "Come with me." She looked at Eric. "We'll be back in a bit, Eric." They walked toward the ladies room.

Ryan walked out of the emergency room door. "Where's Max?" He asked.

"She and Calleigh went to the ladies room."

"I never understood why girls do that."

"Usually neither do I, but I do in this case."

"What?"

"Maxine is really upset... understandably so." He sighed. "She ranted at me for being late." He looked at Ryan. "I'm sorry, Ryan."

"It wasn't your fault, Eric. I went in without backup and without my gun drawn." He told him, clapping him on the shoulder. "Thanks for driving us here."

"Maxine couldn't drive, she was too upset."

"Yeah. I guess I should let her know I'm okay."

"Yeah." Eric said and Ryan started walking away. "Hey, Wolfe!"

Ryan turned around. "Yeah?"

"I'm glad that you're okay."

Ryan smiled. "Thanks." He walked toward the restroom. Calleigh walked out of the bathroom. "Is Max in there?"

"Yeah, she is. You should go in, Ryan. She's really freaked out. There is no one else in there and I'll stand guard out here so no one else comes in."

"Thanks, Calleigh."

"And I'm really glad that you're okay, Ryan."

"Thanks." He told her, going inside. Valera's back was turned to the door. She had her phone out and was staring at the wallpaper which was a picture of her and Ryan together, smiling. She was sitting in front of him and his arms were around her. Ryan saw what she was looking at and he heard her crying. "Max?" He said softly.

She turned around at the sound of his voice. "Ryan." She put the phone into her pocket. She launched herself into his arms, crying.

"Shh..." He whispered, stroking her hair as he held her. "It's okay, Max."

"Ryan, I was so afraid that I was going to lose you."

"It's okay. I'm fine, honey." He kissed her forehead.

"Don't leave me." She cried, clinging to him.

"Never, baby." He whispered. "I will never leave you. I'm here, sweetheart. I'm right here. Everything is okay." He kissed her temple as he continued to hold her.

"I love you so much, Ryan."

He pulled back slightly to look at her. He put a hand against each side of her face. "Oh, Max." He said as he stroked her face with his thumbs. "I love you too, baby." He pulled her into a kiss. "Come on, honey." He said. "Let's go home." She nodded and they walked out of the bathroom with their arms around each other.

THE END

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Aw, that was really good, GNRF. Very romantic.

Is this why you disappeared for a few days--you were busy writing?

3. GregNickRyanFan

Nah, I was out of town. I didn't have internet access where I was. :) Glad you liked the ficlet. :)

4. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

Whay GNRF! Brill one! Putting the one I'm working on to shame! Love it! You going to be writing any more ficlet on Rave?

10 Thing I Hate About You

I hate the way you talk to me
    and the way you cut your hair.
    I hate the way you drive my car.
    I hate it when you stare.
    I hate your big dumb combat boots
    and the way you read my mind.
    I hate you so much it makes me sick
    it even makes me rhyme.
    I hate the way you're always right.
    I hate it when you lie.
    I hate it when you make me laugh
    even worse when you make me cry.
    I hate it when your not around
    and the fact that you didn't call
    but mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
    not even close, not even little bit, not even at all.

5. GregNickRyanFan

If another ficlet idea pops into my head, I'll write it... cause when those plot bunnies come, I can't make them go away until I write them. :lol: But for now as far as Rave goes, I'm going to work on my on-going fic of Rave (Cake and Eden are in it too and maybe eventually a little Horatio/Yelina). :D

6. JenniDinoRobot

JenniDinoRobot Victim

Aw! Great job! :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

I'm working on a little Rave ficlet, alt version of the ep "three way". :)

Anyone think of anymore eps I could Ravenize? :lol:

8. JenniDinoRobot

JenniDinoRobot Victim

"Internal Affairs"?

9. GregNickRyanFan

That's the one where she's dating Nick, right? I was looking at screencaps from that one today, and the one where Ryan pulls Eric off of Nick and then there's a shot of Ryan like pointing his finger at Nick or something, I thought he could be saying "Stay away from Max, she's mine!". :lol:

10. JenniDinoRobot

JenniDinoRobot Victim

Yeah that's the one.

I was kind of disapointed that they didn't have Ryan say anything to Maxine.

Lol. That would have been awesome.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I wanted him to make Nick leave when Nick was in there with Max. Then I wanted Ryan to say to her, "Please don't date that guy." And her ask why. And him saying that he was afraid Nick would hurt her and that if anything happened to her, it would break his heart. That would have been so awwww. I may have to write that into a fic now. :) If the show won't make them a couple, can't they at least write them as being friends like Gil and Cath are?

12. GregNickRyanFan

I have finally finished the alt version of "three way")... will get it typed up and posted soon. Once I get that done, I need to work on the alt version of "Internal Affairs". :) And I'm also working on an alt version of "Burned" (Rave style of course). :)