Friends Worry About Dourdan

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 2, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The arrest wasn't a total surprise.<p>Several days ago, it was announced that <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) had been <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/290408_02.shtml">arrested</a> for suspected drug possession in Palm Springs, California. "We have been worried about Gary for some time," a member of <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s production team told the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.suntimes.com/index.html">Chicago Sun-Times</a>. "It's just a shame that he wasn't able to get the help he needs before this happened."<p>Dourdan's friends on the <I>CSI</I> set have been worried about his health and safety for a while. There was even talk of an intervention, but that never came about. "After this, I think there will be a concerted effort to convince Gary to get help -- before he kills himself," said one concerned <I>CSI</I> staff member.<p>CBS has not officially announced that Dourdan will be leaving <I>CSI</I>, but it has been verified by reliable sources. However, the actor will not be gone forever. Prior to negotiations, the original intention was to have Warrick leave the show permanently. The word now is that the character will return to the show several times next season. Although nothing has been confirmed, the ninth season of <I>CSI</I> is expected by some to be the show's last.<p>The original article is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/925727,CST-FTR-zp01.article">Chicago Sun-Times</a>.<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

How can this be if Robert David Hall just signed on for three more seasons?

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I only know what I read. :p That's probably just someone's opinion. *shrug* I thought I'd include it in the article, but it's just what "some" people say. :p

I think having people sign contracts is more to guarantee that they'll be there, rather than being a sure sign that the show will continue that long. AJ Buckley signed a five year contract with CSI:NY at the beginning of S4--but that doesn't mean the show will definitely last another four seasons, you know?

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I just hope that the friends and CSI people can convince Gary to get the help he needs. Will this wake up call be enough, who knows. Time will tell.

And I truly hope the show goes past season 9.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh god I hope it's not the last, it would be nice to see it go for ten seasons just to round it off.

Oh well. TV wouldn't be the same without CSI.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was devastated by this news. My daughter works on a local radio station, and got the news and called me. There was a 3 day music festival, in Coachella Valley, [Palm Springs area] so what was he thinking cocaine, heroin, ecstacy, prescription drugs, and drug para. and on the wrong side of the road:scream: WHY? he's popular, has two beautiful children, is rich, and needs all these drugs to maintain his life-style? does he want to end up like Heath Ledger? very sad:(, and unbeliveable, so his last two eps. relating to the drugs , maybe not to far off, from his real life style.. get help Gary, we love you.. heartbreaking:confused:

7. TML

TML Hit and Run

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if CSI reaches its grand conclusion sometime in the foreseeable future, especially since the main cast has been slowly disintegrating over the last year or two...