Khandi Bids Adieu

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 19, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Another actor leaves the franchise.<p>CSI Files <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/150408_01.shtml">reported</a> several days ago that <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) is leaving <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>. Now the word from <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049">Ausiello</a> is that another actor is leaving the franchise. <font color=yellow>Khandi Alexander</font> (Alexx Woods) will reportedly say goodbye to <I>CSI: Miami</I> at the end of the season.<p>Alexander has been on <I>Miami</I> since the show began, but season six will be her last. The actress is said to have had "issues" with some aspect of the show, according to <font color=yellow>Ausiello</font>. CBS would not comment about Alexander's reported departure.<p>As with Dourdan, rumor has it that the network is already looking to replace Alexander's character. While there is no name or description for Alexx's replacement in the medical examiner's office, the character is rumored to be male.<p>The original news is from <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Khandi/800037901">Ausiello</a>. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Wojo</font> from TalkCSI for the heads up.<center></center>

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Oh wow, somehow it feels like the rats are leaving the sinking ship! :wtf:

I have to say I'm not very surprised, Khandi's character didn't get enough attention on CSI:Miami (or how I'm calling it: the Super-H Show :rolleyes: ) and I can completely understand her wish for s/th new.
    Hopefully we'll see her soon on another show where her talent won't be suppressed.
    Thanks for the infos!

3. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Per Ausiello:
    What? No low-cut tops? No cleavage? That's amazing! On the other hand, the new (guy) will probably look like Adonis and be completely ripped from neck to toe. In other words, a medical examiner who is completely believable looking.

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Miami wouldn't be the same without Alex, but like cinegirl said, I hope we'll see her on another show where her talent won't be supressed. :)

Will he also like talking to corpses? :D

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

[deleted post due to yet another random double-posting glitch]

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

But... but.. Noooooooo! I love Alexx :( She's yet another terribly under utilized character.

However, I understand Khandi's choice, and wish her all the best in the future.

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Another one is off.

I can't say I blame her. It's a shame, she was great on the show. I wish her all the best.

8. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

She will be very missed

9. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

NOOOO!!! I love Alexx. Although, I understand her choice considering the fact that she gets roughly two minutes of screentime per episode. But, I'm gonna miss her.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:eek:

*cries*

That's a damn shame, it is. I understand why she would want to leave though--her character is very much so underused. It's not going to be the same show without her. *sigh*

I wish her all the best in her future endeavours. :)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm really sad after this news:(:( *cries*
    I know Miami will look completely different without her around the lab.

On the other hand I completely understand Khandi's choice. She was brutally undrused in this show...and I really can't blame her for her choice.

Now I can only hoper for a great goodbye for a great character Alexx Woods was.

I wish her all the best in her future cause Khandi deserves it....go Khandi:thumbsup:

12. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Oh man, this doesn't surprise me in the least. She's been as much underused as Gary on CSI has been. Of course I understand her leaving. It's been nothing but The "SUPER H" show for quite sometime. Soon it just may be H. All by himself. Hmmm wonder how he'll do all the jobs? LOL Won't matter he's super H he can handle it. LOL My best to Khandi.

13. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

Wow.. I'm kinda sad to see her go, but then again, she got kind of annoying sometimes. I wish they'd replace her with another female. There's too many males on that show. I don't think all this is racially motivated like some of you. Thats just crazy. She is choosing to leave, and so is Gary. Anyways, I wish her all the best. Anyone know who the other cast member it is that was also part of her decision to leave? :wtf:

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^What she said.

Just pisses me off that there will be one woman less - they should get... Yelina back or something :p