Grade 'Right Next Door'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 9, 2008.

?

How would you grade Right Next Door

1. A+

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. A

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight...what did you think of it? :cool:

2. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

OHMIGOD!
    I love Danny and Lindsay... Lindsay's monolog broke my heart! I loved it!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Shirtless Danny

I have a hunch some of us won't like Danny and the Sandoval lady...I found myself thinking they'd go nuts over the shirtless Danny but have fits about the roll in the hay.

I don't think they should have the CSIs know everything...Would a regular detective or CSI have the fire knowledge? And they should follow the regular CSI and have a forensic anthropologist pop in now and then for realism...Sid shouldn't be working with the bones himself. Do we know what his title is? If he's a pathologist, they only work with soft tissue. He wouldn't be an anthro I don't think, there are only 50 licensed forensic anthropologists in the states, which is like one per state.

Darn you Stella, stay with Mac already lol

5. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I enjoyed the episode! Danny how could you! lol. This is by far one of my fav episodes from season 4, I'm already anticipating the release of season 4! I loved at the end how Mac carried out the missing girl and pointed to her real parents, there's something about Mac holding a child that is just so damn hot! Also I loved how the story revolved around Stella! You go girl! A+

6. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

B+

Yeah, they would be better off having Temperance Brennen take a lookie at the bones.

I can hear D/L shipper's hearts breaking everywhere, but I didn't feel bad for Lindsay, she was a bad "gf" during his grieving period. THey friggin tried to make Danny a cheater!!! Lindsay was being inconsistant again. At first she has no idea how to be there for Danny then says he didn't come talk to her about it. Geez woman. Thank God her monologue wasn't as long as I thought it would be.

I like Danny with Rikki. :)

Felt so bad for Stella loosing her home. That apt. has bad memories of Frankie, better to move anyways.

Flack's smile at the end was so cute. :drool: Holy crap I didn't notice what tie he was wearing in this eppy.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL I thought about Brennan too...Bones cross hehe

I forgot to say the case sounds like it's loosely based on that case in Missouri with the guy and the two boys.

8. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I liked it. My chin kinda hit the floor during the Danny/Rikki scene. I must admit, they have good chemistry. Then during the Monologue of Doom, I winced. I need to rewatch the show, I was getting kids in bed and missed some of it, but am I right in thinking that Lindsay started out sounding concerned about Danny but then managed to make it all about her?

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

A+!!

glad i didn't read the spoilers, that was a shocking eppy :eek: :eek:

-ahhh...the Mac's hug was cute :lol: So awkward :p
    -Stella's boobs on display, at least the pj's were some what sporty
    -Adam was sweet in this one...more great one liners
    -Danny shirtless :drool: nuff said
    -Mac and Flack in the vests, nice
    -the case was really good. It was another emotional one, i don't often get emotional for cases, but the end was really good. And it was too predictable or over used stuff. Stella's neighbour is crazy! wow...and it isn't unrealistic for females who lost their children to kidnap others, great motive.
    -every character had their moment to shine...except Hawkes :scream:
    -normally i find Anna's acting only so-so, but i thought she did much better.

annnnndd....i know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but i am going to say it anyway. I am not really a D/L shipper, i don't care if they are together, i don't care if they are NOT together...so here is my unbiased opinion about tonight...

....as a female who has been in a similar situation that put me through hell for almost 2 years, i kind of have to take Lindsay's side on this. It looks like they have been in a relationship, with the way they are bickering too each other, and it is obvious to us that Danny isn't that in to her. But it wouldn't be obvious to Lindsay from her point of view. So really it is up to Danny to break it off...and i don't think Lindsay is being unreasonable with him either, it does get irritating to have a guy who is unwilling to put any effort. No one deserves to be cheated on, so Danny should step up and break it off, before it gets any worse. Meh, i liked the shipper scenes tonight...but there were kind of too many. Oh well, at least they only happen a couple times a season, not every eppy.

10. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Do not mess with someone Flack really cares about...god Flack is so gorgeous.

I do kind of feel sorry for Lindsay, and while I don't condone cheating, I do like seeing Danny outside of Lindsay. Seeing a shirtless Danny, making omelets..Be still my heart.

I want more Hawkes!

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I like Danny and Rikki, too. I used to like DL, but I never really saw any chemistry between them.
    And Adam and Stella!
    I had the boy figured out as soon as we found out who the niece was.

12. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

Gave it an A

It was interesting. I'm disappointed in Danny. He's going to regret it. I can't wait til Lindsay finds out and dumps his cheating ass. I kept yelling "OMG, Danny what are you doing?"

Bonnie was a serious case of psycho. I don't have a child but if I did and my child was kidnapped and then the police found my child, I'd go after the person who took my child and beat the hell out of that person. No scratch that, I'd fucking kill that person. How messed up do you have to be to take someone's else kid. If you want a child that bad just have one yourself or adopt one.

So 2 dead people both were accidents. 1 suspects with a previous arsenic past but he didn't do it. He wasn't even near the place for the past week. Talk about twists.
    1st - damn those killer heels
    2nd - car accidents are serious. Did she not feel pain or something? Why the hell wouldn't she go to the hospital with two broken thumb and a stomach injury? It just doesn't make sense.

Wait a second... the already dead chick in the apartment was toasted by the fire yet the fish were fine. How come they didn't boil to death?

Mac & Stella *squee* She should reconsider and move in with him :-D

Also, I'm glad that they revisted the Stella still dealing with her ex psycho bf. She's not bring company home. I slightly feel bad for her though, she's lonely. I'm glad she okay, she could have died from inhaling that toxic smoke.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, good episode overall. I liked seeing everybody be there for Stella while she went through her ordeal. It was especially nice to see a little scene between her and Adam--I loved their scene when he gave her the results of the HIV test last season, so it was good to see them again. I think Adam has a bit of a crush on her. ;)

I also loved when Adam grabbed the elevator to stop it so he could tell Stella about 'Jason''s fingerprints. When I saw that scene, it struck me that Adam knows what it's like to be a little kid wanting help. :(

I must have missed something while chatting, but how did the woman in the apartment die? I know they said she was in a car accident--did that slowly kill her or something? I need to re-watch it (preferably not in the reflection of a mirror--I need to figure out a better way to watch and chat at the same time :lol:).

Sheldon and Don were beautiful as usual--but they still didn't get much to do. That being said, it was nice to see Sheldon whip out some factoids about fish, and I loved Flack's scene trying to get Bonnie to talk. He has such an expressive face, you could really tell how much he wanted to find that little girl.

Speaking of the little girl, I loved seeing Mac carry her out at the end. *smish*

Stella's scene with Austin was very sweet--that poor kid. :(

I loved Sheldon's little "Mmm, my man's getting sneaky" line (or something similar)--that was funny. :lol:

Now, on to what I expect will be the most controversial part of the show (there will probably be more than three replies in the thread before I post this):

Honestly, I'm intrigued by the Danny/Rikki situation. I think it's realistic--not perfect (in fact, it's kinda f*cked up), but realistic. They have known each other, but they never really knew each other. Now that their lives have crashed together like this, they're seeking comfort and companionship--I think it could be interesting to see if Rikki's assumptions are correct, that Danny will one day realize he's not to blame and want to walk away from Rikki. Honestly, they might say it's just sex, but that kiss at the end of the scene was not casual. There was some real passion there. I would be intrigued to see how that might develop. An imperfect beginning to a relationship (not Ruben's death, because that is a tragedy--just the way the relationship itself is starting), but a beginning nonetheless.

I don't think Danny cheated on Lindsay. I think there was a lack of communication between the two of them about just what kind of relationship they even had. Lindsay used the word "girlfriend", but Danny seemed surprised--and guilty--to learn that she felt the way she did. He even said that they should talk--whether they do or not remains to be seen, but given "Child's Play", I doubt it.

I don't think Danny is a bad guy, I think he's just a guy. As Carmine said ages ago, he's 'doing the things young guys do'--that doesn't make him a monster or a cheater. I think they are both responsible for the way things go between them, and he can't be expected to read Lindsay's mind.

Now, I'm no fan of Lindsay, this much is true. I think she has a right to be hurt that Danny doesn't seem to feel the same way she feels about him--that's just human nature, it's understandable. However, I think she's acting childish. Danny gave her excuses about why he didn't want to meet for lunch (and they were obviously excuses, although it's possible that he did have to do those things), so she acts bratty to him the next day? And her monologue--ugh. I hardly think the workplace is the appropriate place to begin with, but the stuff she said--she basically expected him to turn to her after Ruben's death. It's a two-way street, Lindsay--she says she knows what it's like to lose someone, but then she expects him to come to her?

I don't know, I just really don't care. I think Lindsay is acting like a 16 year old girl. I don't hate Danny for being with Rikki, either. If I thought he 'cheated' on Lindsay, I might be angry, but I can't hate him for making the wrong assumptions. I think what's going on between him and Rikki could turn out to be a mistake, but that's hardly a reason to hate them both for making the decision to seek that kind of comfort with each other.

If Danny shoves Rikki away for Lindsay, though, then I'll be mad at him. Because Lindsay is a grown woman, and he shouldn't hurt Rikki because he and Lindsay can't communicate.

14. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Got to say, I really liked the case. Very intriguing & interesting, with a few twists & turns. Everyone, except Danny, semed to be involved in the case. EVEN HAWKES!! :eek:

Stella was awesome. Her scene with Austin at the end was very very moving.

As for the "infamous" & "going to be talked forever" scene between Danny & Lindsay.......I got to say, it seemed completely off. Why choose today of all days to sulk & whine about his behavior? He's been off for a while now. Its not as if she knows that he has slept with someone else. As far as she is concerned he's closed himself off emotionally & is feeling guilty abt Rueben. Instead of making a concentrated effort to break down his walls & help him, she's sulking?!

I found Danny's behavior interesting. He doesnt seem to feel guilty abt blowing Lindsay off or for sleeping with Rikki. I, for one, am really interested to know what kind of talk he wants to have with Lindsay.

15. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I LOVED the episode apart from Danny's cheating.

Cheating is inexcusable, cowardly, and cannot be redeemed. The fact that he lied to her is just....dreadful.

In no way whatsoever is that Lindsay's fault, and the way he was trying to pin it on her for being upset at him......