Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 18, 2008.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<p>The 2007-2008 television season has been an exciting one for <font color=yellow>Carmine Giovinazzo</font>. His <i>CSI: New York</i> character, Danny Messer, found himself in an untenable position when his ten-year-old neighbor, Ruben Sandoval, was shot and killed while in Danny's care. Danny has been grappling with enormous guilt from the incident. Giovinazzo's own life is much more sunny: today sees the release of his band Ceesau's first album, "Era of the Exposed" and the launch of their website, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.ceesau.com/">www.ceesau.com</a>, which goes into the band's philosophy behind their music. Giovinazzo discussed Danny's rough year and his own music with CSI Files' <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font> on the eve of the album's release.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> You guys are back at work now. How's it been going?<p><b>Carmine Giovinazzo:</b> This is the second week back and it's all good. We're doing two episodes simultaneously, and so far, so good.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> Is it confusing to shoot two episodes at once?<p><b>Giovinazzo:</b> Yeah, it's a little confusing. You just take another beat, remember [which episode you're working on] figure out what's going on. Overall it's been pretty good.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> How do the stories look so far?<p><b>Giovinazzo:</b> I think the stories are pretty good. They've followed up with this Second Life storyline [from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/season4/down_the_rabbit_hole.shtml">"Down the Rabbit Hole"</a>] and then I've had some transition already, some crazy scenes with Lindsay and some things happening in that department and then new things happening already as far as other relationships right off the bat. Which is cool right off the bat.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> Can you give us a little teaser of what's coming up for Danny?<p><b>Giovinazzo:</b> He turns to somebody in a very intimate way to help him to try to deal with what he's dealing with right now with the kid. Something fun and kind of different will happen with that.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> Are we possibly looking at a love triangle with Danny, Lindsay (<font color=yellow>Anna Belknap</font>) and Rikki (<font color=yellow>Jacqueline Pinol</font>)?<p><b>Giovinazzo:</b> I don't know what's going to happen, to tell you the truth! I don't know, but things are happening and people are talking and there are scenes that are exposing some feelings, so that's good.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> Are Danny and Lindsay still together?<p><b>Giovinazzo:</b> That's what we're wondering, that's what we're trying to see. I don't know at this point.<p><b>CSI Files:</b> The romance with Lindsay has taken a back seat to Danny's other major storyline this season. How do you feel about that?<p><HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5"><p>To read the full interviews, please click <A HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/carmine_giovinazzo4.shtml">here</A>.<center></center>

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Great interview Kristine. Wow, he always seems to talk a lot in these interviews, which is, of course, great...Maybe it's because he doesn't get to do many interviews. :lol: :D He's always so diplomatic too, which is sweet.

Hmm. Well, I guess it's good that some things about D/L will be alluded to that perhaps weren't seen on screen, however I can already tell how I will feel about a scene with Lindsay talking about how she feels and how it all affects her. :lol: :rolleyes:

I vote end it! :p But that's just me.

Can I just say that I'm so glad that they are bringing Rikki back. :D And I'd like to see her in more than just episode 16... And I would like to be excited about the prospect of them having some sort of relationship.

However, the original spoilers for 417 (which I am personally really hoping will change, and spoilers of course can change before the episode actually airs) do suggest that Danny and Lindsay are together and having a 'moment' in the lab. So I'm not holding my breath for Danny and Rikki, :lol: however much I would like to see it.

I quite like the Ceesau philosophy, and I'll wear my shirt (just as soon as I get it) with pride. ;)

He does use the 'f' word a little too much for my liking... :lol:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yes, the boy does like to say f*ck, doesn't he? :lol:

Great interview, as always--he's definitely a talker, though! It's great to see him having so much to say about the show and about his music. I'll definitely have to pick up the CD (even though I have yet to listen to any samples from it *ducks to avoid flying tomatoes*) to show my support. :p

Interesting ideas about Rikki, but I think we're just gonna have to wait and see about all that--I really don't know what he was hinting at. :lol:

Gotta love the stuff about his friendship with Flack, though--there's no question about the strength of that relationship! :D

4. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Is it wrong that I want the name of the next locker room thread to be:

Danny - The Go-To F*ck Up :D

5. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Anybody care to know how long a Carmine Giovinazzo interview is when you printed it all out? THIRTEEN PAGES. THIRTEEN.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thank you! :) Let's just say I spent a while transcribing this one. But he always gives great interviews, and has really insightful things to say.

With Lindsay it's always about her, so I guess that's continuity, right? :lol: :rolleyes:

Seconded.

I'm really happy Rikki is coming back, too. I think she's a great character, and connects well with Danny.

Hopefully I can get the spoiler code to work for me...

Danny and Lindsay's moment might not be a good one. It could just as easily be a fight or be tension as it could be a nice moment.

Awwww, I kinda like it. He's really got the voice for it. :lol:

The music is good. I hope it comes with a lyric sheet, though--I'm always curious about lyrics.

Indeed! I liked that a lot. And what's this about softening up Flack? I think Flack definitely usually shows his softer side with Danny. When he's not trying to get Danny not to fuck up, that is.

:lol: If only we could have f-bombs in thread titles! :lol:

:blush: To be fair, I think this is the longest one! That is a lot of pages though. :blush:

7. Lonia

Lonia Witness

That was a great interview. Took me a while to read, and I had to reread some passages, but it really was a good one. I like long and nice interviews

It's nice to see that he has so much to say. I'm courious about what happens with Lindsay - I'm in with the "end it" fraction - and Rikki.

I like the meaning of ceesau, it's a bit a pity that I can't afford a Shirt right now to support. But hopefully a bit later this year. But I can't wait until I have the CD in my hands to listen to the songs in their full length.

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Love love LOVE it!! :D

The guy's so passionate about what he does that you can't help feeling it when you read his interviews. I am always curious to read how he feels about Danny, and of course I especially loved all the nice comments about his friendship with Flack.

He even made me feel kinda hopeful that the D/L might come to an end... I know, wishful thinking... :lol:

9. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

*stunned*

Fantastic interview Top - absolutely wonderful; really, really thorough and full of interesting information and opinions instead of just fluff and waffle.

I thought it was interesting what he said about questions he didn't like answering, how he hated all the stuff he said about being single.

The more I learn about the guy the more I like him; he's clearly an intelligent, thoughtful and considerate person.

I'm afraid I'm keen on the f-word coming from him too, somehow seems to make him even more delicious :D

You're a lucky woman to get a chance to talk to him Top - I think I've gone an interesting green colour.....

ETA. This interview has been posted up on the OhNoTheyDidn't LJ site and a couple of women who've met Carmine have commented. Their main reaction to the man (apart from the obvious) is that he smells GREAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

An excellent job as always! :D :D :D

I love his blunt honesty. I also love his genuine passion infused into everything he says, and you can tell he's into things whenever he goes off on a tangent. :lol:

Strangely enough, what left the deepest impression on me was him saying he didn't like having to answer questions regarding him being single and that he was uncomfortable about them. I don't blame him. He's right in saying it's trivial compared to so many other things. And anyway, that's his business. As much as we may like to know about his personal life, it should be his choice to reveal what he wants about it.

I wonder how he'll react if he gets those disliked questions in the future now that he's said the above in an interview ...

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yay for the spoiler code! :D Yes, I'm very happy that Rikki is coming back.

Good point about it not being a good moment between Danny and Lindsay. I really hadn't even considered that as a possibility. Quinn seeing some tension or a bit of a fight would actually, imo, be far more interesting than seeing any lovey-dovey moments in the lab.

However much I have said that I would like to see Danny and Rikki in a relationship, I'm just not sure that it would work or be done effectively. They do have a fantastic natural chemistry, but as for romance, I'm not sure that's the way I would prefer it to go. I really wouldn't mind her being a recurring character but somehow unless TPTB decide that Danny and Rikki would make a good couple I don't see why they would keep her around for any longer than the next few episodes, the plot just probably wouldn't necessitate it. And I don't see them dragging Danny's guilt over Ruben on for that much longer, however good a storyline it has been for him.

Kimmy, I like that he doesn't like answering inane questions. :lol: I always think that if you ask a stupid question then you should expect to get a stupid answer, but questions about what his ideal date would be, and how he feels about being single must really begin to grate after a while. He does always seem sincere and honest when he's asked them though, which I imagine must also be difficult sometimes. :lol: He does seem like a decent guy though, and I think that despite the waffle he does come across as passionate and caring in interviews.

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Amazing interview! I'm done reading it the second time and there are so much to say about it. The man is passionate and he definitely LOVES what he's doing. Saying the F word so many times is a proof that he's relaxed and that he's enjoying the interview and that he's not measuring his words and he's totally natural and 100% himself. I liked his modesty, and that he stated that he's fed up with the "being single part" (that was exposed too much in my opinion too).

For the CSI:NY part of the interview. I like that he is aware how much CSI has changed his life (and that he's willing to play Danny till the end :D) For the D/L part of the show...hmmm...I really hope they don't start making babies :lol: Less is more :D I have said before that I don't want to see Rikki dragged into the D/L plot and I'm still hoping that she will be left out of that. Just show Rikki as a fellow (in lack of a better word) griever for Danny. Romance is not quite the best way to deal with a death of a 10 year old child.

The "Bring Back Louie" thread didn't work :( In a way that's good because Danny already has a lot to deal with already with Ruben.

As a small conclusion: more Danny angst yaaay!

As far as Ceesau goes, I really hope they get to do the live show. They're really good, and it's obvious what's Carmnie's favorite song.

13. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

:lol: I wasn't really complaining about the length--because I really do like reading what he has to say about everything and he's got these well thought out, lengthy responses but damn, I just wanted to curl up in bed and read it before I went to sleep and I see 'Page 2 of 13' coming out of the printer!

It was a really great interview though...totally worth the 13 pages of paper. ;) I'm a big fan of the F-bombs myself--I think that proper use of them can really get your point across when there's just no other words to convey what you're really thinking and feeling. I remember the first interview Carmine did--he was so nice and sweet and didn't show us he had a potty mouth. Now it's like he tested the waters with one or two choice sentence enhancers a couple interviews ago--we didn't balk or scold him and now it's like he's sittin' around, shootin' the shit with the guys. :lol: I love that.

On that note--Carmine is a dirty little hippie. :lol: I'm just now noticing it because more of him is starting to come out and he's getting a little more real with his answers. He's EXACTLY like a guy I'm sorta seeing right now in all his philosophies, hates technology, thinks their musical ability is much better than what it really is...just kidding :D, wants people to be more into each other and all just get along, wants so badly to change our bad habits and bring it back to basics. I was cracking up right near the end of the interview because it was seriously like reading an interview that my guy would have done. :lol: Those two would be like peas and carrots.

14. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I really don't want Danny to cheat on Lindsay. It will make him 'one of those guys.' if DL are going to break up, then he sleeps with Rikki thats's one thing, but I like Danny too much to watch him cheat. I think it makes him a d-bag.
    But I love Carmine, I can picture myself having a beer and chatting with him. He's a cool dude.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, Flack was definitely aggressive and stern with Danny during 4.13, but if given the choice, I definitely think he's more likely to 'show his softer side', as you say. :lol: If Danny wasn't risking a major fuck up at the time, Flack might have been a bit less in-his-face. :p

Me too! :lol: It was like "...What did I just read? *scrolls back up*" :lol:

I think they could build it up correctly if given sufficient time, but that's just not going to be an option. So I'm not optimistic about it if the possibility comes to fruition. But, of course, we'll have to wait and see.

*snort* :lol:

Both Anna and now Carmine have said that they don't really know if the characters are dating, and with Carmine talking about them exploring things, it's really not fair to imply that Danny would automatically be cheating if he had anything going on with Rikki. We know what Zuiker and Veasey said before the season started/at the beginning of the season, but things change and until we see on the show itself that Danny and Lindsay are in an actual relationship, it's not necessarily a matter of whether Danny "cheats" if (and that's a bit if) anything happens between him and Rikki.