Close Encounters of the Odd Kind....Ryan/Greg Slash

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by starzsgirl, Oct 10, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

So I've started writing this and decided to share. Please leave comments. Thanks!

The slight bump of the plane as it hit the tarmac didn’t bother him anymore, in fact he was content with the feeling. This being the first real vacation he’d had since well, ever. He wasn’t going to count the times off work when the lab exploded and he was attacked by the teenage gang of street thugs. This was his two weeks of freedom and nothing was going to stand in the way of his sun, sand, and fun.

The hotel was better than his online friend had recommended, the ocean breeze that came from the open baloney door was salty and refreshing. Greg had left the half emptied suitcase on the bed and set up his laptop on the desk. The intermittent beeping coming from the speakers meant that his friend had responded to the message he sent before boarding the plane back in Vegas. He logged on and worked at putting his expressions into words.

Across the city Ryan had just put the finishing touches on his reply to his friend from the People Without Partners message boards. He was reluctant to join in the first place, but with the onslaught of losing his job and the only people he was relatively close to, he had to turn to another form of interaction. He was finding it easier and easier to put his frustrations and feelings into words, even if the people on the private message board did or didn’t feel the same way he did.

He tucked the laptop back into his bag, the short breaks that he received form his job at the shooting range were few and far between. The chance to see if anyone had responded to or sent him messages was better than trying to teach people how to shoot properly. He emerged from the office and put his glasses and ear protection back on and prepared to teach a middle aged man the right and wrong ways to hold and shoot the pistol he had just loaded.

It had been a long day and numerous questions that had nothing to do with what was really going on. An older woman had come in because she wanted to learn to protect herself and then tried to set Ryan up on a date with her granddaughter, who was still in highschool. Ryan had kindly turned her down and went on methodically explaining about gun safety. He fixed himself some dinner and was about to sit in the kitchen to eat when the dinging caught his attention.

“I didn’t know I had signed into my messenger.” Ryan mused as he headed for the living room, food and drink in hand.

Greg was excited that the friend from the board was online and that they lived in Miami. Not knowing whether this person was male or female wasn’t the fore thought in his mind. He wanted instant interaction and since they were both in the same place a real life meeting wouldn’t be too far fetched either.

BlueSurfer: Hey, how are things going in Miami?

DragonMaster: Things are good. How is Vegas this time of year?

BlueSurfer: Well if I were in Vegas I would tell you, but I’m on vacation.
    DragonMaster: Where did you go on vacation?

BlueSurfer: Miami, Florida.

Ryan blinked a few times and tried to make sense that a person he had never met was in Miami on vacation. What if they were someone that had come to the gun range? Could they pick him out from how he described his personality? There were so many thoughts flying thought his head that he almost didn’t head the ding of the new message.

BlueSurfer: I was thinking we could possibly meet up. Unless you don’t want to or think that I’m crazy or a stalker or anything like that.

“Stop rambling,. They don’t even know you and you sound like a total moron ” Greg muttered to himself as he reread what he had written over and over again.

DragonMaster: I don’t see why that would be a bad thing, as long as it’s quite public, since it is the first meeting and all. I have to work until 3 pm we could meet up at the North Side Café around 4:30, if that sounds good.

Ryan had thought long and hard about if he wanted to meet this person and finally decided that it was now or never. He needed to expand his horizons and circle of friends.

BlueSurfer: Sounds good to me, see you then. I’ll be wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt, not exactly South Beach style but I like it.

DragonMaster: I’ll be on the look out, I’ll be wearing a light blue polo shirt. See you at 4:30. Bye.

BlueSurfer: See ya. Bye. Have a good night.

Greg couldn’t believe that he was so bold as to ask a perfect stranger out for meeting up. His mind was still swirling as he took the short walk from the hotel to the beach. Taking off his shoes at the edge, he trudged though the sand as the sun moved from high noon down to a softer afternoon light. Dipping his toes into the cooler water sent a slight chill up his spine and he continued down the beach wishing he had brought his surf board along.

Ryan sat still staring at the computer screen disbelieving that someone wanted his company, it wasn’t very often that anyone asked him to do anything, let alone meet up to talk. He ran his hand though his hair, the typical nervous gesture was an old habit that stuck with him. Ryan made his way to his room and then into the bathroom to take a shower. As the warm water trickled over his skin, it helped to relax all the worry that was building up inside of him.

Greg had finished his walk along the beach long ago but couldn’t bring himself to get out of the chair on the balcony. He wondered about what was going to happen and if his big mouth could screw it up. The constant twiddling of his thumbs was the current nervous motion of choice. After a final sniff of salty air Greg made his way back into the room and crawled into bed clad only in his boxers, something that would be hard to do at night back in Vegas.

2. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

OMG I'm so glad you are posting this in here. I am so loving this story. IT's very unique. Keep up the great writing! 2 thumbs up.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Part 2

The early morning sun filtered through the curtains and onto the sleeping man’s back. He twisted in the sheet that cocooned his body, his face pointed away from the sun causing him to fall back into a deep sleep. The alarm beeped and Ryan hit the clock with as much force as he could muster. Even if it was 7 am, he was still having issues internally adjusting to the later time. After a quick shower and breakfast, Ryan was out the door and soon speeding though the Miami traffic.

Coffee was the first thing on Greg’s mind when he emerged from the shower, using the semi absorbent towel over his body. After dressing in jeans and his favorite Marilyn Manson t-shirt, he made his way downstairs and outside into the bright morning sun. After peaking in the windows of a few shops and seeing how full they were, Greg finally found one that wasn’t very busy and proceeded in the door to find food and drink. After he ordered he took a copy of the free offering daily newspaper and read the front page when the bell on the door chimed.

Ryan needed the caffeine before heading to work, this wasn’t an ordinary day he was expanding the social circle and it scared him just a bit. This reflected well in his order when he asked for double the usual amount of espresso. He didn’t even notice the man reading the newspaper as he hurried past shoving a scone in his mouth and trying to open the door at the same time. Greg saw the man struggling with the door and hurried to help.

“I think you might need an extra hand.” Greg offered as he held the door for Ryan.

“Thanks, it’s been a rough morning.” Ryan answered as a few scone crumbs escaped his mouth and fell to the floor, he gave a smile to the door holder as he exited.

“You’re welcome.” Greg answered as Ryan passed by and headed for his car.

As Ryan got into his car the image on the door holders shirt was a bit familiar but he couldn’t place where. Instead of dwelling on it, he shifted the car into gear and continued his journey to the gun range to try to not accept a date to the next high school homecoming.

“Light blue, must be a popular color in this part of the country.” Greg muttered to himself as he sat back down at the table.

The color struck something in his over charged memory, the color that his friend would be wearing later. Greg picked up the advertisement section and noticed that there was a local public gun range and decided that it was time he learn to use a fire arm, perhaps he could convince Grissom and Ecklie that he needed one, pronto.

Part 3

Greg had debated for sometime over whether to take a cab or the bus to the range, he had finally settled on the bus. What a better way to see the city then take the public transportation system, that is how he ended up in the current situation. Squished between some guy that looked like he could take a bullet and kick Greg’s butt at the same time, and another that if you touched him with more than a feather he would crumble like a crushed rock. Greg’s face was contorted against bullet man’s back each time the bus took a turn, thankfully the guy was too busy yelling into his cell phone to notice him. Soon the range sign came into sight and he pulled the bell to signal the exited from this happy trip.

Inventory was Ryan’s least favorite part of the job, each morning nonetheless he was out there making sure nothing had disappeared during the night. Thankfully he didn’t have to call like he did the previous week when 5 boxes of shells disappeared and then were used in a murder. As Ryan took the inventory and made notations about what he needed to order his thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind him.

“Excuse me? I..I’d like to learn how to shoot a gun.”

Ryan was tempted to tell the person that he couldn’t help them that his teaching was useless, but when he turned around there was something about the man standing before him. First his shirt was a bit odd for Miami, but if he wanted to wear black with a strange looking person on it that was his issue. The second was the baby face mixed with the shaggy blonde/brownish hair and the sharp brown eyes looking intently back at him.

“Sure, I’m always up for a lesson. My name is Ryan, welcome to the Miami Gun Range. Do you know what kind of gun you’d like to shoot?” Ryan asked as he handed the man the clipboard with the paper work attached.

“My name is Greg. Um...the kind that I could possibly use to save my life.” Greg answered as he concentrated on signing the release papers.

“Is this for personal reasons?”

“Sort of, the field of work I’m in I sometimes end up in situations where I have to fend off people.”

“Mind if I ask what kind of work?”

“I’m a CSI back in Vegas.”

“You’re from Vegas and you’re a CSI? What are you doing here?” Ryan was a bit standoffish meeting a CSI from another city, not knowing if the man was really telling the truth.

“I’m on vacation for two weeks from my job.” Greg said as he pulled out his drivers licence, credit card, and his CSI id to prove to the man he wasn’t crazy.

Ryan took both to make copies, starting at the picture of one as the other was copied. He took a mental note of the other man’s information and couldn’t help but feel that he had a connection to Greg. Upon returning from making the copies and filing the paperwork, Ryan handed Greg ear muffs and had him follow to the back of the range.

‘How far do you want the target?” Ryan asked as he held the remote in his hand.

“Let’s start slow and go with 10 feet, I don’t want to over do it on the first try.” Greg answered as he placed the ear muffs on his head and too the pistol Ryan offered.

Greg stepped up to the line and carefully lined up the first shot, paused, and then pulled the trigger, the shot went wide and missed the paper completely.

“Well if this is any indication, I might as well give up now.” Greg sighed as he tried to hand the gun back to Ryan.

“Here let me see if I can help.” Ryan moved to stand behind him and used his hand to steady the other man’s arm as Greg took his next shot.

Greg was enjoying the help, not to mention that Ryan was pretty cute so to have his hand anywhere on his body was something Greg had needed for a very long time. It was starting to excite him a lot, this had been a secret fantasy of his for a while. Sadly he had to put the thoughts out of his mind since he was at the shooting range with a deadly weapon in his hands.

Ryan always enjoyed helping people but this one was different, he never touched a costumer before but there was something special about Greg. He was really enjoying the touching, it had been a long time since he had touched anyone, sex of the person wasn’t even the forethought in his head. Plus being behind him he could read the back of the shirt and noticed the words Marilyn Manson. This triggered the hidden memory that Ryan had suppressed earlier in the morning. He adjusted himself closer to Greg’s back so that Greg could aim at the newly moved 25 foot target.

“So you like Marilyn Manson?” Ryan ventured a guess trying to find out if this was his online friend.

“I do. Wait, are you by chance on the People Without Partners website? I just get this feeling that we have a connection.” Greg asked as they took a break while Ryan refilled the gun for the next round.

“How did you know that?” By the end of the question Ryan had stopped reloading the gun and was staring at Greg.

“I belong to it as well, I figured you were the person I was going to be meeting up with this afternoon when I saw the light blue shirt at the coffee shop. Your being here confirmed that it had to be you, an odd coincidence, but nonetheless I had to ask.” He flashed a bright smile that made Ryan start to melt inside.

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

You know how much I love this story! I can't wait to read more of it! These boys are so specail together and you write them together very well! Will you be posting it at the Ryan/Greg LJ forums? I am sure everyone over there would love to read this.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks fr the comments! Please keep them comming.

Kat, if you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of that group on LJ that would be helpfull.

I'm currently working on part 6 so taht might take a while as real life is getting a bit busy.

Part 4

The coffee shop date long forgotten, Ryan and Greg headed back to Ryan’s apartment to order take out and enjoy a more private venue. With the menus spread out across the coffee table it was a matter of seconds before Chinese was the chosen food, both sets of hands on one paper was quite the subtle hint. When the phone call was made, Ryan went back to his seat on the couch next to Greg where he was met with a slightly uncomfortable silence.

Greg was biting his fingernail when Ryan returned, having lost some of the confidence he had at the gun range, perhaps it was the non neutral place or the fact that he had a slight crush on the man to his right. Greg knew he was different when he couldn’t totally fall in love with any of the girls he had dated, even if they were together for years. He always knew there was something different about him and Ryan seemed to fit into the empty place.

Ryan could tell Greg was a bit uneasy and he was feeling the same way. He was attracted to the other man but couldn’t figure out why, he never had feelings for another guy before. But there was something special about Greg that pulled Ryan in and caused him to stare at the older man. The only sound that broke the silence was the phone to let them know that the delivery person had arrived with the food. Greg wordlessly handed over his share and Ryan made his way to the door, paid, and thanked the person. He returned back to the coffee table with the bags.

“Point me in the right direction for plates and such.” Greg said a bit on the softer side, he wanted help not just sit there and look like a lump on the couch.

“Plates are in the cabinet over the coffee maker and the forks are in the drawer left of the sink.” Ryan responded as he pulled a plastic table cloth from the closet next to the front door.

It looked like a mini picnic when they were finished dressing the coffee table. Ryan spread the food out around the plates and Greg placed the sodas off to the side just incase they got a bit rambunctious and needed some room.

“I can’t help but think how different this vacation would have been if I didn’t get up the courage to message you the other night.” Greg commented in between bites of noodles.

“How so?” Ryan has a quizzical look on his face as Greg continued to chew and think.

“Well I wouldn’t have been forced to get out of bed and try to find something that keep my mind occupied until the afternoon. Then by some sort of luck you’re in the one place that I choose to go to.” Greg slyly smiled at Ryan, who almost chocked on his soda when he made eye contact with the other man.

Greg had been staring at Ryan the entire time they had been eating, it was a wonder any of the food and beverage had made it into his mouth and not all over his shirt. There was quite the magnetic attraction between them, though neither man would be bold enough to admit that. Ryan had felt the eyes upon him and was scared to look up, but when he did there were the eyes that he couldn’t move from, not that he really wanted to.

“I think it was lucky that my other job fell through. I would have had to wait longer to find someone as interesting as you to share my time with.” Ryan answered softly as he slowly moved the plates, food, and silverware that was placed in front of them to either side of the coffee table.

Ryan leaned across his side of the table while Greg leaned over the other, finally meeting in the middle. Ryan’s hand was on Greg’s cheek pulling him closer until their lips finally met and each man felt an electric charge shoot through their bodies. Neither man wanted to pull away but oxygen was greatly needed.

They had separated from the kissing for a bit and cleaned up the mess on the table, even pausing to do the dishes together. Little touches here and there were the unspoken topic of the afternoon. Ryan would lightly graze down Greg’s arm with a finger and Greg would respond with a kiss to the other man’s neck. When the touching had finally reach it’s peak, Greg made the next move and pulled Ryan down to him, sparks started to flow again.

Part 5

The kisses had been perfect, nothing like he had ever experienced before. Cuddled up to the other man was intoxicating, breathing in the scent sent charged shivers up his spine making him turn his face upwards. Ryan had never experienced anything like this before.

Greg was in heaven after the make out session, it had been a while but he finally got Ryan to open up and participate in mutual petting as they kissed. Heightened sense of touch was something that turned Greg on even more, having the cute younger man on his shoulder was also a big plus.

“So now what do we do?” Ryan asked sheepishly as he moved closer to Greg, almost in his lap.

“Whatever we want to.”

Ryan smiled and quickly moved towards Greg’s mouth and planted a long kiss on his lips. Greg’s hand immediately went to the back of Ryan’s head, while Ryan pushed Greg backwards so that he was now laying on the couch and Ryan was on top.

Greg was pleased that Ryan was making the moves instead of it being all on him, he picked up that Ryan was a quick learner. Wiggling underneath the younger man as the kiss intensity increased cause Ryan to push further down on to Greg.

Suddenly a light went off in Ryan’s head and he realized what was happening between the two men and he wasn’t sure if he, or Greg for that matter, were ready to go to that step. Ryan used the side of the couch to pull himself up as Greg let a moan escape his lips.

“I’m...I’m sorry. I don’t think that I’m ready for whatever might be happening between us.” Ryan stammered as he wobbled to the bathroom.

Greg lay on the couch a bit mystified at what just happened. He knew that the kissing, petting, and laying on the couch had been mutual but what could have happened next wouldn’t have been that easy. He got off the couch and followed Ryan, this was the time to make sure that everything was on the correct side of the fence.

Ryan sat on the toilet slumped towards the sink with a washcloth covering his face, he didn’t hear Greg come in the door but he soon knew someone else was there when Greg ran his foot into the bathtub.

“I don’t know what came over me. It’s like there was this fire inside of me and the only way to put it out was to be all over you. Don’t get me wrong I love that feeling, but where everything was headed was too quick for me to comprehend in such a short time.” The voice was rather muffled as Ryan spoke but Greg understood everything.

“It’s alright. I never had the intention for anything to happen today but have coffee and talk. This has taken me by surprise as well. A very good surprise at that, look I know things got a bit out of hand but I wasn’t about to jump into having sex with you. We’re in a very awkward place right now and hopefully we can change that.”

Ryan slowly took the washcloth away from his face and smiled. “I’d like that very much.”

“Good, then let’s go back to the living room and really get to know one another.” Greg flashed a
    smile and helped Ryan off the toilet, then both men proceeded back to their favorite couch.

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Awe these parts rocked. I'm glad Ryan ran away and they stopped. I want them to get to know each other better and then build on a meaningful relationship. You are rocking hardcore w/ this story. Keep it coming Girl!!

7. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Please keep going... awesome story!!!

8. CSI_Kat

I have read this several times and just love it! There is never enough Ryan/Greg interaction! Keep it up!

9. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

AWWW! That is so amazingly cute and brilliantly written. you have to come back and update. I will definitly continue reading!

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm working hard on Part 6.

School is a bit heavy at the moment, but it's slowly coming along.

Stay tuned all, and thank you for the comments!

11. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I hear you there, school can be a total pain. can't wait to see what happens!

12. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Can't wait to see it!!! *bounces around* Gaaah I love this story!!!

13. CSI_Kat

Yes - please continue! Update soon! This is great!

14. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

*Taps fingers on desk* Waiting patiently...or not. J/P take your time as long as you do continue cause I love it!

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks fo all the compliments, I'm glad a lot of people like it.

I also come bearing Part 6. *hides as a herd of people come running in*

The movie had ended long ago and both men were snoring loudly as the menu music played over and over. Ryan was sleeping over the arm of the couch with his feet almost hitting the lamp on the end table. Greg had fallen to the floor about half way though the movie and was stretched out under the coffee table, his stomach rising was close to over turning the low lying table.

The vibrating of the cell phone is what woke Greg from his sleep, of course he sat up too fast and knocked his forehead against the table, leaving a bright red welt. He looked at the screen though wincing eyes and debated whether or not to answer Catherine’s call. His body was still on Vegas time, sleep was necessary so he hit ignore and placed his head back on the floor.

Ryan thought he heard a faint buzzing but didn’t have the energy to move to find out if it was his phone or his sleep-over buddy. He knew that he had off of work today, as he rolled over so his face was buried in the back of the couch and drifted back into a dreamy sleep.

Greg’s phone had been vibrating every half an hour for 5 hours before either guy noticed. He checked the missed calls and they alternated between Catherine, Warrick, and Nick.

“I’m on vacation, just leave me be!” Greg snapped as he shut the phone off, not bothering to listen to all the voice mails.

“Girlfriend?” Ryan asked with a hint of playfulness and a dash of jealously as he sat up on the couch and propped a pillow behind him.

“If it was a girlfriend would I have been making out with you? And it was three of my co-workers they seem to think I need checking up on.”

“Well that’s a good thing to know. And it’s nice they are making sure you have a good time. I’m going to go take a shower. You’re welcome to use it after me unless you want to go to your hotel room and then out and about in Miami.” Ryan said with a smile; internally he was hoping Greg would say yes to tripping around Miami.

“Of course I want to see the sites. But I do want to shower and change my clothes. Go take yours then we can stop by the hotel and stuff.” Greg said as he flopped onto the couch and picked up one of Ryan’s magazines to keep himself occupied.

Ryan smiled to himself as he prepared for his shower, he knew it was going to be a good day. A quick hair and body wash and he was ready to face the world of Miami. He walked down the hall with the towel around his hips, slightly hoping Greg saw him walking.

Greg was peaking over the edge of the magazine in his hands when the bathroom door opened, and seeing Ryan in only a towel made him want to follow down the hall. But he restrained himself knowing that there would be a right time and place when it was all meant to happen.

Ryan emerged from his room five minutes later and wandered back into the living room as Greg was finishing the magazine.

“Ready to head to your hotel and then hit the town?”

“You bet I can’t wait to take a shower.” Greg stated happily as he put his shoes back on and grabbed his jacket, Ryan did the same but only put shoes on. He could tell it was going to be a hot day, possibly in more ways than one.

The ride to Greg’s hotel didn’t take too long, the commuters had already made their treks to work. They parked Ryan’s small car in the parking garage and headed up to the fifth floor to the hotel room.

As Greg opened the door they were greeted with the soft ocean breeze that came in from the partly open patio door. The maid had cleaned and left long before they had woken up. Ryan took a seat on the bed and flipped on the tv. Greg took his toiletries into the bathroom and was soon scrubbing himself clean.

“Where are we going today?” Greg asked as he emerged from the bathroom clad in a towel, as he forgot to bring his clothes with him, and started to riffle though his suitcase.

Ryan watched the older man intently, studying every move, how he carried the clothes in his hands, and of course the smile that was flashed by Greg as he reentered the bathroom.

“You never answered me on where we were going.” Greg stated matter of factly from behind the closed door.

Ryan snapped out of his trance and answered, “To the beach, then grab some lunch, then play the rest by ear.” Greg couldn’t see the smile on Ryan’s face but Ryan knew that the rest of the afternoon would hold.