Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Continued from here.

Latest news:

And JDonne's first post from the first thread:

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I follow this thread religiously. It's like crack. :D But arg, you didn't have to close the last thread while I was typing a reply! Ahem. Anyways... *throws streamers*

I guess I can just skip episode six then, at this point. I'm not fun when Lindsay appears on screen. My poor mother sits and watches NY, and I end up walking through the room to make tea or something and I'll stop and have a big rant about how I'd quite like the character to have multiple deaths like Rasputin, (no, seven is NOT enough) and so on, and I think I probably swear a lot. It's the effect the Munroe monster has on me.

3. Top41

Sorry! :eek: When we hit 1000, I figured it was time for a new thread. :cool:

I know, she really takes me out of the show. It's a combination of Anna's poor acting and the irritating character, but it jolts me out of the fictional world the show does a good job of creating otherwise. The less Lindsay there is, the better.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm still not counting my chickens before they hatch on this one, but damn do I hope this is a good sign. Maybe the titles of the sections are misleading, but Sid and Adam are definitely not 'main' characters like Mac, Stella and the like. So putting her in the group with them...

Plus, the information about AJ being a regular didn't come until very recently, which could mean that he will still technically be 'recurring' for the premiere.

Hope springs eternal. :)

P.S. *snuggles Silencer* Good to see you back in the forum, babes! *smooches*

5. Top41

Agreed. It's a little too soon to celebrate, but I am chilling champagne. If it proves to be a mistake from the CBS PR department, well, we'll still have tasty champagne. :lol:

But Adam and Sid are in a different league than the regulars at this point, so if she's down with them, that is telling.

Very good point. :cool:

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Love the thread name. It's perfect. :devil:

See..there is still hope. Somebody said earlier that maybe they switched Adam and Lindsay. Wouldn't that just be great? Please, please, please let this be a good sign.

Of course, she's gonna be a huge part of episode 6 and that disturbs me. I do not wanna see emo Lindsay because Anna cannot pull it off. It will be painful but maybe it will get somebody's attention and they will finally see what a mistake it was to add her to the cast....or maybe somebody already has. :p

7. Faylinn

Maybe they divide the contract cast members up among 'series regulars' like Mac and Stella, and 'recurring cast' like Sid and Adam. They're still major players, but they aren't main characters...it's very curious.

It's quite possible that it's actually a mistake, but if it is, it's a hilarious one. :lol:

I also noticed that the thing on cbs.com for the upcoming seasons, which has a small video clip for episodes (the one for NY is all season 3 clips, so I haven't mentioned it in the spoiler thread or anything), mentions Mac and Stella first, then Danny and Hawkes--then says that the cast is rounded out by Flack and Lindsay. It's interesting that she'd be put last when she's technically a CSI like Danny and Hawkes.

:confused:

ETA: No, Adam was listed as a recurring member in "Snow Day", so that doesn't fit.

It is, however, the funniest mistake I've seen in a while if it is, in fact, a mistake. ;)

8. Top41

Switching Adam and Lindsay would be great. Adam has so much more charisma and charm it's not even funny. It could have been a budget thing, too. To bring AJ on full time, maybe they had to demote somebody. It's good to see she was regarded as the obvious choice if that is the case.

Veeeerrry interesting indeed.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Interesting.

Remember what Hill Harper said last season before the finale? Something about people's contracts being renegotiated?

Well. It seems he was right, after all.

Would the Futon Critic make such a big mistake with the casting list? I mean, c'mon, ya gotta be blind to not know Lindsay's appeared in every episode for the last two seasons or so. If it was a mistake, they would have changed it post haste already.

It is very telling that she'd be demoted to recurring character. If it's true, it's like TPTB are finally acknowledging that they can't go anywhere with her character and they're making her appear only once in a while so they can concentrate on the other characters now.

10. Top41

OOOH! I had forgotten about that. :cool:

And FC's source is the CBS press release, which is where vegaslights got the info;. That seems pretty telling to me--plus, I'd think that would have been caught at some point before getting out.

I know. Sticking her in the lab is the best thing they can do with her if they're not going to jettison her completely (really the best way to go, but this is so much better than more of the same). Background, she's best in the background, which, save for episode 6, she seems to be staying in. ;)

11. Faylinn

Even background characters get moments in the spotlight. And besides, episode 6 seems more about re-hashing Lindsay's storyline from last season (which isn't teaching us anything new, just reminding us that they actually did give her some development once upon a time) and sticking some more D/L in the show.

They might not give her much, but I'm sure she'll still be the girlfriend. :rolleyes:

12. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I could live with emo!Lindsay, if she takes to throwing herself off buildings or the like. Ahem.

I'm wondering if the...reduction in her character is on, how far her interaction with the rest of the cast played its part. We've had some pretty defensive answers in interviews when Lindsay is brought up in questions.

I could live with an Adam/Lindsay switch. I'm still not watching episode six. I'm going to watch series one and pretend Danny still owns his own genitals.

13. Faylinn

Aren't we going to send an expedition to try to steal them back from Lindsay's lair?

People are always defensive about Anna being a very nice woman (which I'm sure she is) and about her getting along well with the cast (which I'm sure she does). The comments about the character herself and the value of said character always strike me as being generic answers rather than ones they're really passionate about. This is, of course, just my interpretation and it's quite possible that all parties involved think Lindsay was the best thing to happen to the show since Flack's sideburns were shaved off. *shrug*

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I'm finding this demotion news rather amusing. Or perhaps I should say, the timing of it. It's like TPTB came out with all the spoilers first to please as many fans as possible (e.g., the Amytiville horror episode which seems to be mainly about Lindsay), and then it's, "OhLindsayisgonnabedemotedtorecurringcharacter." :lol: I c wat u did thur, TPTB.

While the demotion news is amusing, the fact that TPTB have done this is something of a hope-giver. It does please all sides of the fandom to a certain extent. Being a recurring character means she'll only appear once in a while, which means there will be less emo-ness and drama queen-ness from her to deal with and finally, we might actually get some development on all those storylines that don't involve her. Then we have that Amytiville episode which gives the Lindsay fans at least some assurance that there'll be one episode that features her prominently. :p Me also thinks the demotion is for Anna to spend more time with her baby. (What mother wouldn't want to be with her firstborn baby in the first years of life?!)

Well, TPTB, you seem to be listening at last.

15. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I had TOTALLY forgot about anna's kid until you mentioned it. Thinking of it now, that certainly IS promising for less Lindsay this season. :D That's just the best season four info i've hear yet! *skips off*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.