RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,501
Members: 11,311
Currently online: 56
Newest member: nailheadGMP

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > Grissom's Office > CSI Files News Items

CSI Files News Items Discussion of news articles from CSI Files.

Old July 24 2007, 01:26 PM   #1
CSI Files
CSI Level Three

Rory Cochrane To Return To 'CSI: Miami'

Remember "Lost Son?" And the way Speeds's gun malfunctioned, causing Speed to be mortally wounded? If CBS is to be believed, maybe all of that didn't quite happen as you remember it.

"[Rory Cochrane] will be reprising the role of Tim Speedle and it's not a flashback," a spokesperson for CBS told E! Online, after rumours appeared on the internet suggesting Cochrane would be returning to CSI: Miami. The spokesperson added, "He will be interacting with his old partner and friend, Eric Delko."

The news was first broken yesterday by TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, who reported Cochrane will be appearing in multiple episodes of CSI: Miami this season, beginning with the second. Ausiello originally speculated Cochrane would be returning as Tim's evil twin, but then later also confirmed the actor would be playing Speedle -- still without being able to provide any details as to how Speedle will be able to pull of this resurrection.

Cochrane's character was originally written out of CSI: Miami at the actor's own request. In his first interview after leaving the show, with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley, Cochrane said he felt the show "was never-ending and the grind was a lot." However, he also said he thought the way his character was written out of the show was "pretty lame," and was disappointed the writers couldn't come up with something "a little more imaginative." With his upcoming return to the show, Cochrane may now finally get the chance to say goodbye to Tim Speedle in a proper fashion.

For the original report from E! Online, please follow this link. For Kristine's Huntley's two interviews with Cochrane, please click here and here.
CSI Files is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Elsie
Shopaholic

Send a message via MSN to Elsie
Re: Rory Cochrane To Return To 'CSI: Miami'

OK, I'll be interested to see if they can pull this off without descending into the ridiculous.

Tim's evil twin
Ah it's bringing back seriously bad memories of the fantastic programming that was Sunset Beach. I guess if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing, but I'm still worried.
Old July 24 2007, 07:36 PM   #3
SpeedleCSIMiami
CSI Level One

I obviously love Speedle, but doesn't this whole bringing Speedle back kind of remind you of when they brought Raymond Caine back?? I hope this works out nicely for the show. *marks calander for Speedle's return*
SpeedleCSIMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2007, 08:46 PM   #4
katpin31791
CSI Level Three

Send a message via Yahoo to katpin31791

May be it'll be like Dallas and it was all a dream? LOL I don't see how he can come back as Tim Speedle after being killed off. Unless it's one of those where he went undercover for some reason & his death was faked. HMMMM
Old July 24 2007, 08:52 PM   #5
Finch
Funnier in Enochian

I'm interested in seeing what happens. Either way, I'm not picky.

Elsie said
if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing,
They did it on 'Dark Angel', so you never know.

I'm thinking it'll be Eric's head playing games on him, but why would it be for several episodes? TPTB never play out a storyline that long.
Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Dragonfly
~Queen of Sarcasm~

Location: [Dragonfly] in a land of makebelieve, that don't believe in me
Send a message via MSN to Dragonfly

They did it on 'Dark Angel', so you never know
Man, I loved that show!

I'm kinda thinking it'll be Eric hallucinating... but maybe we're just supposed to think that so it'll be a bigger surprise when we find out he's actually alive. What? A girl can dream...
Old July 24 2007, 11:25 PM   #7
xfcanadian
Pathologist

Send a message via MSN to xfcanadian

I don't care how stupid it will be, I want to see speed again!! things like this are the reason I love miami...
Old July 24 2007, 11:48 PM   #8
ladyhunter
Head of the Swing Shift

View ladyhunter's Twitter Profile Send a message via MSN to ladyhunter Send a message via Yahoo to ladyhunter

I don't watch Miami that much but this seems to be an odd thing to do. I hope Eric is having dreams about Speedle. I mean you can't really bring someone back from the dead, can you?
Old July 25 2007, 12:04 AM   #9
starzsgirl
Captain

Send a message via MSN to starzsgirl

It wuld be interesting to see but it is quite hard to bring people back form the dead, unless you are on a soap opera. Unless it was the evil twin who died, and well I can hedge a bet that the guy who died was not the evil twin.
Old July 25 2007, 04:42 AM   #10
CSIMiamiGurl1988
Witness

Send a message via AIM to CSIMiamiGurl1988 Send a message via Yahoo to CSIMiamiGurl1988

What episode are they gonna bring him back in???
Old July 25 2007, 08:32 AM   #11
Finch
Funnier in Enochian

^ So far, it hasn't been clearly stipulated, but rumour has it, he'll be seen again in the second episode of the season and future episodes.
Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2007, 08:51 AM   #12
UltraViolet
Lab Technician

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less if they decided to bring him back via alien abduction! I'm just glad he's coming back! Miami just hasn't been the same without Speedle and it can only be a good thing to bring him back to life
Old July 25 2007, 01:47 PM   #13
katpin31791
CSI Level Three

Send a message via Yahoo to katpin31791

Well.................I'ts been said that Eric may be having hallucinations & thinks he's seeing Speed. I still say there's no way they can bring a dead man back to life. As far as Speed/Ryan to me they both have the same attitude. Well........if they can bring Speed back to life then maybe they should bring Ray Sr & Marisol back to life also. That way they all can be one happy family,or they can do a crossover between Miami & Ghost. Sorry being sarcastic.
Old July 25 2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Top41
Administrator

Elsie said:
OK, I'll be interested to see if they can pull this off without descending into the ridiculous.

Tim's evil twin
Ah it's bringing back seriously bad memories of the fantastic programming that was Sunset Beach. I guess if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing, but I'm still worried.
Ben and Derrick!!!! [/Sunset Beach geek-out] That show really was something else.

Maybe Delko's going to be the Ghost Whisperer now? I gotta say, of all the CBS crossovers I imagined, I didn't see that one coming...

Come take a bite out of the Big Apple.
Top41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2007, 06:58 PM   #15
Springmoon
CSI Level Two

Location: Changing dirty diapers and throwing away pacifiers.
Send a message via AIM to Springmoon Send a message via MSN to Springmoon Send a message via Yahoo to Springmoon

Delko's going to start hallucinating and seeing Speed wherever he turns. Speed will goad him into doing things, like setting off another nail gun in Ryan's other eye, or surprising Alexx in the morgue by hiding under a sheet, or stealing Horatio's Shades of Justice.