Stetler#1: he needs his own life!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Need4Speed, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Stetler has got to be the biggest jerk ever!!! i mean he's gotten Ryan fired, Eric arrested, he dated Yelina, much to my dismay. he's mad at H just because H got the job he wanted!!! and he keeps blaming Speed's death for all their problems like with Eric and the whole random sex thing, he blamed it on Speed's death!!! the jerk!!!! and he just overall needs to get a life and stay out of their lives!!!!

2. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

Re: The "I hate Stetler" thread

Ok I don't mind having a thread about Stetler, but could you watch the language you use, because there is younger members on here that probably shouldn't see that type of language. Also the title of the thread probably isn't gonna be a fan favorite.

Now on the subject of Stetler. I don't like the guy either, but he does add more drama to the show and he is an interesting character on the show.

3. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

ok i fixed it :D now it's apropriate(sp?) for everyone :D and yes Stetler does add some more drama to the show, but what i hate most is him blaming Speed's death for so many things i hate him for that.

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I want to debate a few of your points. I think Stetler is a good antithesis for Horatio and not all cops are honest, he's just doing his job.

Ryan did gamble on county time even if gambling was legal doing it while you're supposed to be working is a fireable offense.

A drug dealer offered up Eric as a customer what were they supposed to do let a potential drug addict work for the Police and not arrest him. No one is above the law cop or not. He bought marijuana for his dying sister but guess what even medical marijuana is illegal.

A cop looses their partner and good friend less than a year before he goes out and has sex with a strange woman in an alley, why wouldn't you think it may have something to do with Speed's death. An cop going from honest and hard working to having sex with strangers is cause for concern and it probably stemmed from Speed's death=.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Stetler is doing his job, wheather we all like it or not, he's there for dramatic color. He's a charater that most love to hate or hate to love, whichever the case may be.

6. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

Thank you! It is much better. I just didn't want any mods chasing you down and locking the thread.

I think maybe him blaming Speed's death on every mistake is wrong, but maybe in the slightest chance he may have actually liked Speed and is trying to hide the fact that he may have liked him as a CSI.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Indeed SpeedleCSIMiami, Stetler could very well have liked the team and is making sure that they aren't going to do something extreme and jeopardize the cases and the crime lab.

8. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

As long as this thread stays friendly and doesn't dissolve into a mindless character bashing thread, everything will be just fine. And as with our other character threads, both pro and con opinions are allowed.

Thanks everyone. :)

9. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

I for one love to see Stetler making an appearence. He brings out a totally different side to H, which I love seeing. It's good aswell I think to have a character like him. Every show needs someone to do a bit of stirring and shaking up - someone different to the suspects though if you get me?

10. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Stetler, he's someone I just love to hate. I don't think I'd enjoy Miami if he wasn't there, stirring up trouble. I agree with mitzi about Stetler. He does bring a different side of Horatio out. I enjoy the dialog between those two, the smart aleck comments between the two. Stetler in season 3 especially. Horatio was ready to pull the big brother promise on Stetler as soon as he saw that eye that Yelina was sporting in Crime Wave. There is just so many different examples of why Stetler is an essential in the show. He can be a pain, and sometimes I wish he'd transfer, but anytime I see he's going to be in an upcoming episode I get excited about the potential confrontation between the lab and him.

11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

There's not much to add to what's already been expressed here.

:devil:Whenever Stetler puts in an appearance, you know there will be more drama, especially from H.

:mad:Stetler's smugness and H's arrogance :rolleyes: work wonderfully well together; worth watching even when the episode is weak.

:eek:Without Stetler, the team often comes off as bland. With him around, the sparks always fly.

12. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i LOVE stetler! its about time he had his own thread :D i think he has to be a jerk. if everytime he walked by someone said "that stetler is one helluva guy!" then he probably wouldn't be able to do his job. but i think he has the team's best interests at heart, protecting them under the guise of trying to take them down. because if he wasn't doing it then someone else would try and might actually succeed. idk thats just me, maybe he really is just mean. lol if so, i still think he's awesome.

13. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

I absolutely agree with you Mitzi. Stetler is a very necessary character on the show and is the guy we all love to hate. I think he acts as a good foil for H's sometimes over-the-top, Super-H ness and keeps things real with the team. And even though some of the things he does makes me want to punch him, the show needs that tension element to keep it interesting. Bring on the Stetler, I say. :)

14. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

EW! The guy I truly can't stand! It's fine if he's investigating,since that's what IAB is for, but what really gets me about him is that he admitted he goes after H's lab as a revenge tactic for H getting to be lieutenant ahead of him. Personal emotions should have nothing to do with his job. In a way he kind of reminds me of Riaz trying to take everything away from H.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

***Bumpy bumpy***