Posting in Miscellaneous - PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Lately me and wibble have been trying to get more content to posts here and it has lead to locked threads. Simply some have ran out of its course, some have just gotten spammy.

If we tell to add more content in one thread, it doesn't mean that you can still write short, few word replies in another thread. Of course there is threads where you really cannot write much, such as CSI: Hangman but in those we haven't made the complaints because it's obvious it's not possible.

Some have said that we don't give a chance to a thread and posters, but I think we have. And everyone who has been here longer should know this about posting already. For newbies we try nicely to tell, how to post.

Quoting someone's post and then adding a smiley or a word isn't any better. It will lead that people use that to avoid 'getting caught with spamming'

If you don't have much to post, in a thread such as Recent Purchases, then don't post. Wait that you have more to add and then post. Oh yes, it's fun to post when you have something in mind, but we don't really enjoy reading posts like:

Then every now and then some people ask why we don't have 'intelligent discussions' or more like real discussions, such as Death Penalty thread is at the moment. We've tried to create those, same has been done by a few posters but haven't quite caught the attention (oh well, few older threads that still have good points). Remember that everyone can start a thread, you don't have to wait that me or wibble starts these.

Along these lines - happy posting!

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Pretty much everything you've said makes perfect sense. I hope that I'm a not person who's gotton too spammy, I guells maybe I'll go bring up a few more of the old threads that had soem debate.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Read and understood :)

4. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Read and understood, Ducky. :)

5. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Read and Understood DaWacko

6. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Got it! I'll try not to get too spammy but sometimes I can't resist to post *lol* But actually there are so many discussions you don't have to spam, there's so much impostant stuff to be said! ;)

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Just saying that if we tell to add more content in one thread, it doesn't mean you guys can go to post one liners to some other thread. Kind of goes for the whole MISC and whole board.

It's pretty frustrating to repeat the same thing in every thread.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Gotcha.. thank's for the reminder.. ;)

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Read and understood :)

10. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Read and understood :D

...wait that's only one line. :eek: :lol:

11. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Absolutely read and understood, twice, thrice, fourth times a charm. :)

12. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Read and understood, DaWacko. Thank you for the reminder ;) I'll try hard to follow the rule.

13. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

Thanks for the reminder. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

14. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I think we all need a friendly reminder of that sometimes. I always try to make my posts long enough, and I really hate scimming through a ton of smilies to get to the meat of a thread! So, read and understood DaWacko!

15. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

In some threads we're supposed to post three lines, and that can be difficult, especially as the box we type in is so much smaller than the one the post shows in (?), it isn't too bad so long as I remember to preview, but sometimes I don't.