One on One challenges! Challenge #12 ~ Results Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Wyoming, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Well guys, there is a new challenge I thought you guys might be interested in. It’s a 1v1 challenge, but the name is elastic. You can have a 3 person challenge and so on. It’s more of a personal challenge. It goes like this:

For example, Geni (Speed_Cochrane) and I, have been doing this for a little bit, but it’s hard to determine who wins if we don’t have anyone to vote for it! We pick a picture, and we each make on icon. Then, we compare them and decide who wins. Our most recent challenge ensued one of us making a banner for whoever wins. We both agreed. It’s a lot of fun.

This will be held a little bit differently because if there are more challenges, it will take a little longer to keep track of and get straightened out, but I think it would be a lot of fun to see who’s challenging each other.

There are some things I would like you to keep in mind though.

1. If you challenge someone, make sure you are close to the same level as them. Don’t challenge someone if you know it’s going to be an easy win.

2. Be respectful. If you don’t win, try again next time. Do not get mad or angry at someone because they won.

3. Do NOT fix the challenges. When you enter this challenge, I expect that the two (or however many) people doing it are doing it secretively. Don’t go showing the person you’re challenging the icon that you made for your challenge. It’s gotta be fair game, or else it won’t really be fun.

The first week will be open to people, I would be getting the challenges at this time. The second week will be people making their icons for their challenge (or if I get all of the entries, I can start it early). The third week would be open for voting, and it would look something like this:

Challenge A:
    Poster A and Poster B
    #1 (the icon goes here) #2 (icon goes here)

Challenge B:
    Poster C and Poster D
    #1 (icon) #2 (icon)

Challenge C:
    Poster E and Poster F
    #1 (icon) #2 (icon)

The voters will only vote for one, and it will go like this:

Challenge A:
    Challenge B:
    Challenge C:

So this is what I want from you when you give me our entry, it should be PMed to me:

Subject: 1v1 challenge: The Challenge

Participants:

Any restrictions?

Picture:

You can copy and paste that form if you’d like, but it’s only three questions, so I’m sure I would remember that lol. Participants should be listed in the given spot. In this challenge, it’s up to you. You choose the challenge. You can put restrictions on it (ie: No brushes, or no layers). You also choose the picture you want. I would like the picture in advance just so I know what you’re working with.

I will take no more than five challenges at a time. Cinegirl and I have decided to rotate, so however many challenges she is willing to take is up to her. If I have five challenges, and you pm me with a sixth one, I’ll put you on a list that I will mail to Cinegirl before the next challenge starts, to make sure you get the next available spot.

In this thread, there are certain times when you can and cannot challenge a member. You may PM a member to challenge them at any time. BUT, if you are open to a challenge, and you don’t care who you challenge, you can say “Open to any challenger” and someone may or may not reply to you. You can do this ONLY in the first week, when I am taking challenges. When the second week comes up, you may no longer post in the thread asking for a challenge, you will have to pm a member personally and ask them.

I hope that’s clear because I’m having a hard time describing it, but if you have any questions/concerns/comments, feel free to post them here, or if you don’t feel comfortable, you can PM them to Cinegirl or myself, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.

I hope you guys have fun with this thread! I can’t wait to see the turnout! :D

The first challenge starts now. I will be accepting entries until Sunday, April 22nd, or until I get five entries :)

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: One on One challenges! Now accepting entries!

Wow Jess! This is a great idea. Sounds like a lot of fun :D

To start things off, since I really have no idea what level I'd be at, I'll just say that I'm open to any challenge. Any takers?

3. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

I love the idea to and like to do it to. Im not so great yet i making things but he its nice to try to compeet against someone.. So you all can challenge me..

4. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Wow, great idea Jess! I'm also open to any challenges even though I'm pretty new at icon making. But one question: the person we're challenging decides on the picture with us, one of us PMs it to you, you respond, we PM you the icons? A little unclear on that, otherwise, sounds great!

5. Wyoming

Only one of you has to pm it to me, yes. Then when you give me the PM, you each make your icons and PM them seperately to me. I will respond to let you know I got the icons :D.

Any other questions?

6. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Great idea Jess and Vera! :D I love it! I'm open to any challenges so if anyone would like to challenge me, bring it on :lol: (I sound confident :rolleyes:)

7. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I wanna join in on this! :D

quoth_the_raven a little too confident, huh? (Joking, joking :lol:)

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I officially challenge cainesugar. Bring it on. :D

this sounds like a lot of fun. great idea!

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: I was just going to challenge Cainsugar.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I am so in....lol....this sounds awesome....one question, is it the mods or the people of the thread that does the voting?

11. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

:lol: I'm wanted! Alright Stef this time and next time, you're on Megan. (Am I allowed to do more than one, if the second one is the next round?)

12. loki

loki Lab Technician

I wanna join!
    ...*wonders if dj is afraid of challenging loki... hahaha*

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

HAHAHAhahhah......ME...*points to self*....afraid of you?? *waves hand at loki*...you make me laugh......

*doesn't want to admit anything to loki*

14. Wyoming

Good! I'm glad to see so many takers to the competition. Now all y'all have to do is PM me with the details.

Yes, you can get in on the next challenge, as long as you get there first. It's first come first serve, but I won't put your name on the list since you're already doing one. Know what I mean?.....stringbean? TEEHEE couldn't resist.

15. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I choose you, Ann!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.