RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,329
Posts: 1,202,959
Members: 11,278
Currently online: 62
Newest member: QueenMo


Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   Talk CSI > DNA Lab > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Create your own CSI world here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 25 2012, 11:34 PM   #196
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
First, sorry if this has been asked before... Who is Horatio's direct superior? Is it a police officer or someone in local government? By that, I mean, who might actually have the power to fire him, or force his retirement? (Just an idea I'm working on...) I believe we may not know the answer to this, but if anyone can come up with a credible scenario, I'd be grateful.
From what I've watched in NY, I'm thinking Chief of Detectives or maybe just Chief.

In CC, the Deputy Commissioner was Stillman's boss. Stillman was the Lieutenant.

Think it also depends on the police force in Miami.

In Law & Order, the Captain was Van Buren's boss since she tried to take a test to be Captain and stayed Lt.
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2012, 10:43 AM   #197
daisymay
Police Officer
 
daisymay's Avatar
 
Location: Devon, England
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan View Post
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
First, sorry if this has been asked before... Who is Horatio's direct superior? Is it a police officer or someone in local government? By that, I mean, who might actually have the power to fire him, or force his retirement? (Just an idea I'm working on...) I believe we may not know the answer to this, but if anyone can come up with a credible scenario, I'd be grateful.
From what I've watched in NY, I'm thinking Chief of Detectives or maybe just Chief.

In CC, the Deputy Commissioner was Stillman's boss. Stillman was the Lieutenant.

Think it also depends on the police force in Miami.

In Law & Order, the Captain was Van Buren's boss since she tried to take a test to be Captain and stayed Lt.
Thank you for that. 'Deputy Commissioner' sounds suitably senior... I'll give it some thought!
daisymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2012, 11:24 PM   #198
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Writing a story that takes place just after Mac wakes up from 'Near Death'.

How long do you guys think Mac was in surgery for? I was thinking 12 hours.
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:44 PM   #199
BlueDiamondStar
Coroner
 
BlueDiamondStar's Avatar
 
Location: under the carpet
View BlueDiamondStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via AIM to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via MSN to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via Yahoo to BlueDiamondStar
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan View Post
Writing a story that takes place just after Mac wakes up from 'Near Death'.

How long do you guys think Mac was in surgery for? I was thinking 12 hours.
Sounds possible.
Though I haven't seen episode yet and can't tell more precisely.
BlueDiamondStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:51 PM   #200
mulder42
Coroner
 
mulder42's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Sounds like a plausible number to me, too. Of course, I'm not a doctor nor an expert on surgeries for gunshot wounds. You might try using Google or some other search engine. You can find out plenty of stuff on the 'net. Helped me a lot when I wrote my fics years ago.
__________________
"...because we know that beneath that mountain, lies his grave." --Horatio to reporters, CSI: Miami (Broken, Season 1, October 28th, 2002)
mulder42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 07:53 PM   #201
BlueDiamondStar
Coroner
 
BlueDiamondStar's Avatar
 
Location: under the carpet
View BlueDiamondStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via AIM to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via MSN to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via Yahoo to BlueDiamondStar
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

OK now I need some help...

I'm currently trying to write a fic for WISC and been wondering what would be the approximate time passed between WISC episode and beginning of season 8.
My first guess was at least year but now I'm not quite sure even of how much time passed between that episode and season 7 finale...
BlueDiamondStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2012, 09:10 PM   #202
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by mulder42 View Post
Sounds like a plausible number to me, too. Of course, I'm not a doctor nor an expert on surgeries for gunshot wounds. You might try using Google or some other search engine. You can find out plenty of stuff on the 'net. Helped me a lot when I wrote my fics years ago.
Yeah, I probably just need to keep looking. I need to use less words when I do search. I can't just type in back surgery but gotta figure what is a good word search.

Originally Posted by BlueDiamondStar View Post
OK now I need some help...

I'm currently trying to write a fic for WISC and been wondering what would be the approximate time passed between WISC episode and beginning of season 8.
My first guess was at least year but now I'm not quite sure even of how much time passed between that episode and season 7 finale...
What is WISC?

If you meant the Season 7 finale to the Season 8 finale, it would be 4 months.
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2012, 09:22 AM   #203
BlueDiamondStar
Coroner
 
BlueDiamondStar's Avatar
 
Location: under the carpet
View BlueDiamondStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via AIM to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via MSN to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via Yahoo to BlueDiamondStar
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Oh sorry, WISC means season 7 episode title for Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing (known to all Ryan and Miami fans).

I was wondering how much time passed from that particular episode till season 7 ending and from season finale till season 8 beginning, say episode 3 or 4.

This time I wanna keep to details as much as I can manage LOL


So 4 months from s7 finale to s8?
BlueDiamondStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2012, 01:03 PM   #204
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by BlueDiamondStar View Post
Oh sorry, WISC means season 7 episode title for Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing (known to all Ryan and Miami fans).

I was wondering how much time passed from that particular episode till season 7 ending and from season finale till season 8 beginning, say episode 3 or 4.

This time I wanna keep to details as much as I can manage LOL


So 4 months from s7 finale to s8?
Yeah. Only reason I say that is because Adam was walking to Mac's office where Jo was at and suggested that Mac had left four months ago.

I can only answer that question though I'm not sure about the first question though.
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 10:32 PM   #205
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Thinking of having a story in the 9th season where Mac and Christine decide to take a break in their relationship.

Ideas as to what might make them break up either temporarily or permanently?
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 10:38 PM   #206
mulder42
Coroner
 
mulder42's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

They break up because of Mac's shooting; Christine meets a new guy--it could be anything. You'll think of something. Let your imagination run wild. Good luck!
__________________
"...because we know that beneath that mountain, lies his grave." --Horatio to reporters, CSI: Miami (Broken, Season 1, October 28th, 2002)
mulder42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 01:32 PM   #207
~Sunny~
Witness
 
~Sunny~'s Avatar
 
Location: near Frankfurt, Germany
View ~Sunny~'s Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan View Post
Thinking of having a story in the 9th season where Mac and Christine decide to take a break in their relationship.

Ideas as to what might make them break up either temporarily or permanently?
It's possible that they take a break because Christine is not sure if she can life with the constant worry for him.

Are you on Fanfiction.net?
~Sunny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 10:15 PM   #208
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist
 
Mac&Adam Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Southern California
View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Originally Posted by ~Sunny~ View Post
Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan View Post
Thinking of having a story in the 9th season where Mac and Christine decide to take a break in their relationship.

Ideas as to what might make them break up either temporarily or permanently?
It's possible that they take a break because Christine is not sure if she can life with the constant worry for him.

Are you on Fanfiction.net?
Yep, I'm on fanfiction.net.


Here is my first chapter of "Who's your daddy?" This is from season 7.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8491262/1/Whos-your-daddy
__________________
Possible Thread Killer.
Mac&Adam Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 05:42 PM   #209
Natasha Romanoff
Police Officer
 
Natasha Romanoff's Avatar
 
View Natasha Romanoff's Twitter Profile
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

When did Mac and Claire meet, I'm sure I've read or heard somewhere, maybe in an episode that they met in high school, I can't remember whether they've been together since then or if they got together after they finished school. It doesn't matter if I don't know exactly, cause it's not vital to the story I'm working on, but it's just something I wondered because It'll possibly be mentioned at some point in the story.

And has it ever been mentioned at all or does anyone know for definite how many brothers and sisters Flack has. I know there's Sam, but I'm sure there's been mention of at least a couple of brothers, I mean if no one knows for sure that's ok, I suppose I could just make it up for now.
__________________
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 12:23 PM   #210
BlueDiamondStar
Coroner
 
BlueDiamondStar's Avatar
 
Location: under the carpet
View BlueDiamondStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via AIM to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via MSN to BlueDiamondStar Send a message via Yahoo to BlueDiamondStar
Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Anyone here watching White Collar?
BlueDiamondStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.