Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Re: The Great Ship Debate -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Hey this man spent 90 per cent of his time with dead bodies and bugs..the remaining 5 per cent on rollercoasters and the rest just doing basic living..anything is possible!;)

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

So True. Anything is possible. However, I do think he had limited relationship experience, especially given how he handled things with Terri Miller, Lady Heather, and even how he dealt with the Sara thing initially.

I do believe he got down with SOMEONE before he clinched things with Sara, as what he actually said in Ending Happy was that paying for sex is rather sad, and that's why Sara made him happy. No indication that he'd never done anything with anyone, although, he's always kept things very close to the vest as to what he's interested in, and where he'd been in the past.

Because honestly, hormones are hormones, and just because you like someone doesn't mean that you can't have feelings for someone else, even if they are purely physical, or are more curiosity. If that were the case, people would never cheat on their spouses, and marriages would never end.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm kind of undecided on the whole Lady H/Grissom thing as far as what they've done. I believe I read somewhere that Billy stated that he did not believe that Grissom and Lady H slept together (in that way). I do think there was chemistry there though. Not that I would have particularly wanted them to be a couple. :lol: I wouldn't have absolutely hated it, but I wouldn't have been exactly jumping for joy either. I would have probably been indifferent to be honest. :lol: Just as I was with him and Terry.

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Personally, I think Grissom did sleep with Heather. Not during Leave Out All The Rest, but Lady Heather's Box. He was officially with Sara during his last encounters with Heather and I don't seem him cheating on her.

I feel that the other love interests they proposed for Grissom were better matches than Sara. She's too much like Grissom and he needs a balancing force. Heather, Terry Miller, even Sofia were a pleasant counter to him.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm a Grissom shipper through and through so i like most of the ships TPTB could've developed further, Terry Miller being my least favorite, though. i am all for Heather and i think the Grissom/Sofia thing in Season 5 was rather cute. GSR to me has a lot of history behind it and the storyline has been made up very thoughfully by the writers and actors throughout the years. it just makes for one big, imperfect but complete love story i enjoyed following.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

In YMWAH, Grissom did tell Catherine he had a gf in college that he 'thought' he was in love with, so I assume there was something then. And Cath did accuse him of 'being burned badly' in an early episode.
    I thought I remember an interview where WP said Grissom probably hadn't had sex in 'years' til Sara. Then there was the interview where he said he thought Grissom did not sleep with LH.
    So following those bits of evidence, I'd say Grissom wasn't a virgin, but he had very limited experience.

I am obviously a GSR shipper, and for the most part am happy with how it was handled (except for THP), and over the moon about OTG. Much of my frustratiion over the years is that every new female brought on the show, even some guests, were pimped as a potential love interest for Grissom. And the fact that WP seems to have chemistry with everyone (even Doc, lol) leads people to pair him up with every female. But Grissom is a lot more reserved than WP, and maybe a little more interested in romance and a 'courtship' than sex. I think at this point in his life he is looking for a companion, someone with similar interests, and I think that is why he opened himself up to Sara. She certainly seemed to love him unconditionally, and he grew to love her more than he probably thought possible.
    Although there were some missteps over the years, I think GSR was written well and developed methodically by the writers, and Billy and Jorja. But I'm maxed out on the angst, so I hope Jorja's return is more of a continuation of their 'happy ending'.

I am ready for them to start developing another relationship on the show (Wedges doesn't really hold any interest for me one way or the other). I will be interested to see how, and if, they develop a relationship for Nick. Tptb can't seem to write without angst, so I'm a little nervous for Nick fans.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Grissom and Sara's relationship, first and foremost, Jorja Fox was brought on to CSI as Grissom's love interest, and it never changed, although they had their rocky moments, [who doesn't] it continued regardless, he's a good looking guy and his fascination with others no doubt was alluring, LH was an exotic novelty, and he did go to her, before he left for some validation and she gave it to him. But they never LOVED each other. The other woman, who I thought had potential, Terri Miller, she was scintillating, but alas, she walked out on him. The one who held strong and always focused on him was always Sara. And after she left, she did ask him to go with her, and he couldn't becasue they were shorthanded, and he asked her to stay, but she couldn't becasue of her fragile state of mind, it forced her to go. A standoff so to speak. But he was a sad, morose, disillusioned, depressed, sleepless guy [and BTW great acting on WP's part] He then realized he wanted to be with her. It's them who wanted this, and no matter what others think it's what they wanted and the PTB handled it beautifully. As far as his past expierence with woman, that's something we'll really never know, only I"m sure he did, he's a handsome captivating guy, but for a long time marriage comitment he choose Sara. I also hope they continue this, and he comes back for a "guest spot". If their marrried [and I think they are] we'll find out in S/10:bolian:

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

So what you're saying is, that Grissom is perfect? He could have never cheated? because honestly, some of the people you believe would NEVER cheat, end up doing. regardless of how much they 'love' someone.

But really, I could see chemistry between Grissom and other people. On multiple occasions, he was scene flirting with Sofia, carressing Lady Heather, awkward sexual tension moments with Catherine, unspoked love affair with Terry. So if you're saying that Sara was brought only as a love interest from the very begginning, than that means that, IMO, Grissom was cheating on her physically and emotionally with five other women. Come on. Grissom is a wh*re. Let's face it.

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Ha! I never would have tacked that title on to him.
    Gil Grissom: Man Wh*re. :guffaw:

And they call Nick a ladies man.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*giggle* The stuff coming out here is hilarious. :guffaw:

11. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

There wasn't anything awkward about them. ;)

lol to your last two lines!

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Umm, I Sara walked out on him too. Actually, she walked out on him TWICE. She may have asked him to go with her the second time, but she didn't the first time. Obviously, Grissom wasn't what she need if she couldn't let him help her with her 'ghosts'. I'm guessing the fact that she's back at CSI :rolleyes:, she walked out on him AGAIN! Boy, she does love this guy doesn't she. :p

Now I know many people can see Grissom and Sara together, but I can't. There is no romantic chemistry between those two. I've seen romantic chemistry between him and Catherine, Lady Heather, and Teri Miller.

Actually, I can't see Sara with any of the males on the show. She didn't have that romantic chemistry with any of them. Sara is a man hater and I can't see her in a relationship (though I did like her with Hank) and I definitely don't see her getting married. She always seemed against it.

Can't really see Grissom ever getting married either. Living with someone, sure, but married, no.

I do find it interesting how some people can see a ship and/or slash, but can't see others.

For ships I could see
    Grissom/Catherine
    Grissom/Lady Heather (more with her)
    Warrick/Catherine
    Greg/Riley
    Nick/Catherine (maybe earlier seasons)
    Nick/Det. What was her name (when he was doing the missing person case, she was blond)
    Hodges/Wendy (sort of)
    Mandy/Henry

Slashes I could see
    Grissom/Nick
    Grissom/Warrick (sort of)
    Warrick/Nick (sort of)
    Catherine/Lady Heather
    Greg/Archie (kind of)

Though, IMO, none of the characters are gay or lesbian. Though I'm all for having a gay and/or lesbian character on the show or any show, for that matter. They had a great opportunity with Bobby Dawson, but tptb blew it.

However, I don't ship or slash anyone (I will read and/or write about them), but outside romantic interests are better. The don't take over the show and you only see them here and there.

Grissom is a man whore. :guffaw: Must have been taking lessons from Nick and Warrick. :lol:

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, as Grissom said, 'Attraction is subjective; it can't be analyzed'. Or something like that.
    The romantic chemistry between Grissom and Sara in season 7 was undeniable, IMO of course, and was the season they decided to be 'outed'. Before that I think they purposefully played the relationship in a restrained, and often strained, fashion.
    The proposal in season 8 was beautifully played by both JF and WP, very romantic, in a very geeky way. So unless you purposely choose to ignore this scene, I think it's fair to say that they both believe in marriage.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe they're both Man Wh*res!:guffaw::guffaw:

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm not ignoring the scene, I just can't see or believe them married to each other or other people. Sara has always given that vibe out during the course of the show, especially weddings. She, IMO, is not a romantic person.

You can see it and that's great. I don't see, proposal or no proposal.

I guess we'll find out in the season premiere, but if she is so in love with Grissom and wants to be married to him, why did she leave him, AGAIN? I'm sorry, but that's not love. If I'm in-love with someone, I wouldn't want to get married. Say we just got married too, I still wouldn't want to leave him.

I don't know, IMO, even if Grissom and Sara get married, I still wouldn't be able to see it.