CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:confused:

Adam specifically said that they hadn't slept together. All we saw was two lab techs who apparently got drunk and decided to lose their clothes. Flirting at work can hardly be equated to an actual relationship...

2. privatename

privatename Rookie

That is too funny! I love it. I would really hate if they put Lindsay and Hawkes in a relationship so I am glad Hill said it wouldn't be with Lindsay. I had a hard time buying that Danny would be interested in someone like Lindsay, but to try to swallow that two men at her workplace think she is that special would be beyond bearing for me.

3. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

That is priceless, vegaslights!! *almost got into trouble with the boss, who wanted to know what was so funny*

I agree with your remarks about Hawkes getting a good ol' storyline that has nothing to do with love. Why do they want to muddy the waters with more lovey-dovey stuff?

I am so glad that Hill came out and said it wasn't Lindsay, but if he hasn't been given anything definite by TPTB, does he really even know. If they do pair Lindsay and Hawkes up, my reaction will be worse than anything a Pissy!Mac could dole out. I would Not. Be. Happy!:scream:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought they were making out when the phone rang or something, but maybe I'm getting it confused with something else. Maybe they just woke up, sans clothes and I just figured they'd slept together. I don't remember Adam saying that didn't sleep together, but then again I miss parts of eps sometimes. I usually go outside to check on my doggies during the commericals and sometimes don't get back inside till after it's already back on. :lol:

BTW, they don't have to have an actual real hot and heavy romance for Hawkes, but it'd be nice to see something small. Maybe something like him on a date and he and date come across a dead body or something and he goes to check on the person while telling his date to call 911... and maybe that's all we'll see of his date for a while. Or they could just at least have him mention having a date for the following night or something. Or it could be a small mention like, they come across something on a case (like say a certain scent) and Hawkes recognizes the scent and says something like "This is [insert perfume name here]." Whomever was with him would wonder how he knew that and he could say something like "it's the same perfume my girlfriend wears" or just something small like that so that we know he's not lonely. :lol:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  5. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I agree, we don't have to see anything hot & heavy romance-wise, just a little mention to know our Hawkes is happy :p I like the idea of him being on a date and finding something suspicious, a body etc., and having to call it in, or even being on a date and having it interrupted because he got called in. Doesn't have to be anything more than that; sometimes less is more.

Shane, love the icon!!! :lol: Or how about "Hawkes won't even hit that with someone else's 10 ft. pole..." (Just kidding. ;) )

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

LOL. Thanks guys. But the creativity comes from Top. :) From her keyboard, to my Photoshop. ;)

As for Adam and Kendall, I honestly don't consider the time we saw in the premiere as hot 'n' heavy.

And the only romance that has worked on the show was Mac/Peyton.

Season 5? Bring Back Peyton! :rolleyes:

7. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

I say no to Peyton. But I have a dark cloud over me for that one. Loved the picture. I'm laughing soo hard!!!!! It's awesome!!! Sheldon should have someone... just who though? Hmm... sounds like a story coming on. Time to write!!! What about Flack and Angell though? Couldn't they do something with those two? They seem to interact really well *remembers Taxi...*. I like Angell. Her and Flack would go well together. WHo knows what will come up this season.. I can't wait!

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Sorry but I hope not! The "You do adore me dont you* scene finished me.

Up to Silent Night I did like her and the relationship worked well. After the reunion scene at the end of that ep the character started to grate on my nerves. But that was the writers fault not Claire Forlani's.

Mostly I really wish they would push all the romance WAY into the background and concentrate on decent, interesting and gripping scripts.

As someone said they could have have a glimpse of a girlfriend/boyfriend or even better just the mention of a relationship without actually seeing anyone.

Leaving things up to the viewers or the fic writers imagination would be better. That way the writers could get back to writing a crime show.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think their flirting is cute, but I hope they leave it at flirting.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

We make a great team. :D I certainly don't have the Photoshop skills.

Yep, I'm with you on that one. I can't think of any other romances on the show that have worked. I like the interaction between Flack and Angell, but like Fay said, I think it's best left at flirting.

The relationships that work best on the show are not romantic ones. There are deep friendships between Mac and Stella, and Danny and Flack that are compelling to watch. I love Mac and Reed's interaction. I like how Danny and Hawkes tease each other, and the same goes for Stella and Flack. Adam has great rapport with everyone, especially Danny and Stella and Mac and Hawkes...like I said, pretty much everyone. :lol: I love it when Flack and Hawkes butt heads. The best relationships on this show are not romantic ones, so I wish the show would veer away from those and emphasize the friendships between the characters.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, I personally won't add Lindsay to the list after her calling Adam socially awkward in episode 4x01. :p It wasn't what she said, it was the way she said it. It was almost like she was looking down on him or being condenscending ala the 'high school cheerleader dissing the nerd'.

Agreed.

Oh, and vegaslights? That icon is priceless. :lol:

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Heh, well, Lindsay's omission wasn't accidental. She had a nice rapport with Mac in the beginning, but lately the only character she has any sort of personal interaction with is Danny. She's never gelled with the team as a whole, and still feels out of place after 3 years.

13. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

I agree with you guys. for Flack & Angell, better stick with the flirting.
    In TAXI & DOA FOR A DAY, the great rapport is there. It was a good idea as well that they put Emmanuelle Vaugier in the series.

As for Lindsay, I can't say she's OP (Out of place) in the team.
    I like her "old skool" attitude towards examining the crime scene
    (in You Only Die Once)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  14. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

Maybe it's just me but I kind of thought she was being whiny about doing things old school. :rolleyes: Really wish Adam was there to geek out about the whole "batmobile" thing.

Awww kind of makes me happy if Hawks gets a love interest b/c he's been left out in the cold long enough, but at the same time like you people have already said, why can't they show more of the exhisiting non romantic relationships.

Love your icons kimmychu and vegaslights! Both of them cracked me up!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  15. kayfeb

kayfeb Rookie

oh, yeah. those icons makes me laugh my heart out...especially kimmychu's
    "dancing hunks" over there ...

Yeah, sometimes she does sound whiny. But I guess the part that makes Lindsay interesting to me is that she has the inner kid in her (dialogue with Flack in Child's Play) & being one of the boys, aside from being smart of course. She's cool actually, for me.

Well let's hope we get Sheldon a love interest.
    Sometimes even a N(e)R(d) has inspirations.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.