CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just got the S4 DVD's delivered today (thank you Amazon.com) and I was watching the special features, so that's what these spoilers are about. There's one feature called "Cutting To The Core: Season 4 In The Big Apple." They basically talk about how they did multiple episode arcs, which is unusual for a procedural show.

To further dampen my spirits about the Drama Llama that will happen in S5, Peter Lenkov basically said that S4, including the Ruben story line, was a "continuation of the Danny and Lindsay story." They only talked about the arc in terms of DL, saying how before and through the arc showed "the ups and downs of their relationship." Seriously, Lenkov? Seriously? :brickwall: :censored:

Then to top it off, Anna Belknap explains how in the S3 finale Lindsay "finally" got together with Danny, "which is what she wanted all along," but then Danny "had this terrible thing that happened to him" and "[Lindsay] didn't understand why he was pushing her away." Seriously, AB? Seriously? Lindsay must be the dumbest person on the planet to not understand, especially with her S3 emo, push Danny away fest. :brickwall: :censored:

If I make it through even half of S5 without throwing my hands in the air and giving up I think I'll be pleasantly surprised. :brickwall: :censored:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Here's what I love about that spoiler by AJ: It may have directly mentioned DL and 'their love' ... but he never said whatever development about it was going to be a positive one for it. We're simply assuming this based on the previous spoilers. Remember what Ausiello said in his previous NY post?

About that 'one really bad one'?

Ausiello has always been answering questions via catering to DL fans. So for him to hint there's going to be 'one really bad one' after the 100th episode, and then have AJ say it'll be 'intense' and involves DL ... hmm, I dunno, I won't jump so quickly to the conclusion this is a good thing for DL.

The way I read it, AJ's spoiler can go two ways. Add that with Carmine's, "Can you believe it?" and I'm inclined to believe it's going to be something more shocking than either Rikki or Lindsay being pregnant. Oooh, I dunno, maybe both of them being pregnant? :p :guffaw:

I still think it's very suspicious TPTB would leak such a huge possibility of a plot so long before the episode itself airs. Reeks of them fighting to keep all sides of the audience watching the show as long as possible ... which in itself is not a good sign.

As for the season four DVD commentaries, no surprise whatsoever Belknap would say what she did. After all, now I can say in all certainty her character is only around to be a leech on Danny's character. She's hardly talked about anything else except Danny/DL in all her other interviews anyway. Lenkov, heh, he's one of the main writers, no surprise either he'd be pushing the DL agenda, but I didn't read his line as a sign it means the Ruben-Rikki storyline is only there for the sake of pushing DL. I read it as him saying the audience got to see developments in DL during that plot line.

3. wanna_be_a_csi

wanna_be_a_csi Civilian

anything about lindsay and danny?, i like their love team, i hope season 5 will show more of them.
    The past season,it seems they just put the spot on Mac, and just showed a little about the other characters.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

If anyone is interested in the next episode, there's a promo video up on YouTube for 5.02 "Page Turner".

I think you may be happy with some of the upcoming spoilers about Danny and Lindsay (which you can find in this thread, and in the 'Just the Facts' thread). Hopefully this season will have lots of little things about each of the cast members, and they'll all be developed in some way. Of course, this is what many of us hope for every season. :lol:

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

See that just makes no sense to me given Danny's actions. He genuinely didn't seem to realize they were together! And again, if Danny and Lindsay were together, the entirely wrong note was played up: the drama should have revolved around, I don't know--him sleeping with someone else rather than OMG Danny isn't talking to Lindsay! :lol: And where were the "ups" of their supposed "relationship"? I don't know--it just makes no sense given what we saw on screen. *shrug*

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if the season four DVD commentaries were specifically done in the full knowledge they'll be available to the public right around the time when season five is about to air. What happened in season four will definitely influence future events in season five, so it makes sense they'd say specific things that won't ruin any major plots in the new season.

I mean, if Lenkov said the Rikki-Ruben storyline was the beginning of the end for DL, there is no way anyone will believe for a second DL will ever get together, much less Lindsay being pregnant in season five. Yeah, it's eyeroll-worthy he didn't touch on Rikki when it was Rikki's story, but again, I think it's more him being deliberately vague and not wanting to potentially leak anything for the new season. If he'd spoken about Rikki, he would have to elaborate on her relationship with Danny and well, that would probably have revealed more than TPTB wants us to know for now. As for Belknap ... heh, all her answers always end up being about DL. I do find it amusing though that even her answers seem to reflect Lindsay's self-centeredness.

Exactly. Even the commentaries conflict with what happens on screen. Things just don't feel right. Fishy fishy. :lol:

7. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I got to see a pic of Carmine in "Sex, Lies, and Silicone". Love that man, anyway. So, he is examining a crime scene. He has on the Apple Green converse shoes that he wears in a lot of photo shoots. I love those shoes. I often wonder if he had Converse to specially make them for him, b/c I can't seem to find them anywhere. Anyway, he looks a little more dresses down, or perhaps I have just never paid attention to him wearing anything other than those brown boots.

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I don't get to post much anymore, but I have been reading a lot. If you go back a few pages, there have been many many spoilers regarding this melodramatic pairing. Sometimes it's helpful to read a few pages back to get the information you need. Hope that helped!

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

So (random, but someone posted the link, so I'm going for it) the promo for 5.02 looks very, very interesting. Seems like hell breaks loose at a Maroon 5 concert... which (no offense) seems a lot better than a supposed D/L montage.

Although, using the song "Goodnight, Goodnight," as a musical montage for a relationship (or whatever you call it, to be fair to all) would be interesting... haha. Love that song, though.

I'm excited for next week!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Interesting is one way of putting it! :guffaw: Take a look at the lyrics below:

It's not enough to hear me say you've won
    You only wanted me for having fun
    But now I think you've gone and had your way
    And left me with a pile of bills to pay
    I can't even rewind the tape machine
    To listen to your drunken reasoning
    So here it is - your final lullaby

Goodnight, goodnight
    You're embarrassing me
    You're embarrassing you
    So goodnight, goodnight
    Walk away from the door
    Walk away from my life
    So Goodnight

I've given up on social niceties
    I threw 'em out when I threw out your keys
    Along with all your records I can't stand
    You never even listen to any one of them
    You're never gonna drag me out again
    With all the people that were never ever even your friends
    So here it is - your final lullaby

Goodnight, goodnight
    You're embarrassing me
    You're embarrassing you
    So goodnight, goodnight
    Walk away from the door
    Walk away from my life
    So goodnight

A little bit of rain I'd say is fair
    But when it starts to thunder they all stare
    This isn't goodnight, this is goodbye...

So goodnight, goodnight
    You're embarrassing me
    You're embarrassing you
    Goodnight, goodnight.
    Walk away from the door
    Walk away from my life

Goodnight, goodnight
    You're embarrassing me
    You're embarrassing you
    So Goodnight, goodnight
    Walk away from the door
    Walk away from my life
    So goodnight

If Ausiello's spoiler about it being 'a DL montage'/hint about DL is true, it is a one bad one 'cause I don't think you can spin 'you're embarrassing me, you're embarrassing you' and 'walk away from my life' as anything else except, "Yeah, get out, it's over."

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wouldn't say the beginning will have anything to do with D/L based on the promo - like racefh853629 said, it seems to be a concert that starts out the episode and then reveals the victim.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: I know, but Ausiello's statement linking it to a 'DL montage' is hilarious, especially considering the lyrics of that song.

13. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

In what episode does Rikki come back??, I completely forget.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As of right now, we have no idea when (or if) Rikki will be back.

15. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Oh ok thanks I thought she was already in the spoliers.

Also has anyone who owns the new CSI: NY DVD had any problems with any of the disc not working in their dvd players???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.